Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 04-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #1
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson: Race-Baiting Hypocrites

From the AP regarding the Don Imus firing:

Quote:
Jackson called the firing "a victory for public decency. No one should use the public airwaves to transmit racial or sexual degradation."

Said Sharpton: "He says he wants to be forgiven. I hope he continues in that process. But we cannot afford a precedent established that the airways can commercialize and mainstream sexism and racism."

For anyone that read this Michelle Malkin blog entry, I guess we should expect that Jackson and Sharpton will be calling another press conference in the morning, demanding that the "songs" by the rappers listed by Malkin in the blog entry above be removed from the public airwaves.

Or not.

What a bunch of race-baiting hypocrites.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Or Not! Let us not turn this into another name slinging thread ( we all know which thread). Self promoting igotist are no solution to the problems. It is like illegals protesting. I do, however, know the solution, and it is simple, it was brought to us by the man known as Jesus. The answer is LOVE.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:06 PM   #3
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Is the point of her blog that Sharpton and Jackson don't criticize rappers or blacks? The thing about Imus is that he's a host of a sports radio show. I've heard other radio jock's make even harsher racist statements than Imus did (ex: Howard Stern). I don't see the comparison between rap music and a guy who hosts a sports radio show.

Quote:
Sharpton criticizes 'Boondocks' for showing King saying the n-word
NEW YORK (AP) — The Rev. Al Sharpton has asked for an apology from Cartoon Network for an episode of edgy animated series The Boondocks that shows the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. saying the n-word.

Huey is a character from The Boondocks Cartoon Network show and comic strip.
Cartoon Network

"Cartoon Network must apologize and also commit to pulling episodes that desecrate black historic figures," Sharpton, a civil-rights activist and former Democratic presidential candidate, said in a statement Tuesday.

"We are totally offended by the continuous use of the n-word in (cartoonist Aaron) McGruder's show."

AP
Sharpton

The episode, The Return of the King, aired Jan. 15, the day before the national holiday honoring the slain civil-rights leader. It shows King emerging from a coma and using the n-word in an angry speech venting his frustration toward sexually explicit hip-hop videos, among other things.

In the episode, King is branded a traitor and terrorist sympathizer for his "turn-the-other cheek" philosophy of non-violence in response to post-Sept. 11 retaliation. Exhausted, he moves to Canada, but his speech provokes a second civil-rights revolution.

Cartoon Network released a statement Tuesday saying the episode is a tribute to King and "in no way was meant to offend or 'desecrate'" his name.

"We think Aaron McGruder came up with a thought-provoking way of not only showing Dr. King's bravery but also of reminding us of what he stood and fought for, and why even today, it is important for all of us to remember that and to continue to take action," the statement said.

McGruder, who has been called a "genius" and "the angriest black man in America" as he skewered everything from the Bush White House to Black Entertainment Television, began writing The Boondocks comic strip, on which the TV series is based, in 1997.

The strip, known for its risky political and social satire, follows the adventures of two black children living in a white, middle-class suburb.

Sharpton said he could appreciate McGruder and his achievements, but added: "This particular episode is over the line."

The Boondocks airs Sundays at 11 p.m. ET on Cartoon Network. It is the centerpiece of the Adult Swim late-night block of programming.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 04-12-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:14 AM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

What we are witnessing is a cultural revolution. In the late '80's, Easy E rose to prominence on songs such as the one where he "grabbed the stupid bitch by her nappy-ass weave." Twenty years later, the weaves aren't nappy anymore. The bitch isn't stupid anymore. It's just all good, these days.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:18 AM   #5
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Who is next on their radar? How long will it be before this congress has hearings on what each person can say and not say for the good of the "children".
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:31 AM   #6
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Fish on the Don Imus firing:

BLOGFISH

Imus, Team USA, Tiger & The Jazz

Don Imus has been fired. Thank God. Now maybe you people will learn your lesson and quit saying nasty things about others.

The leading voices of Social Discourse in this country are now instructing me that I can no longer call you. ... anything. And yeah, it's a sports story (one that threatens to leave the ABSOLUTELY NOT nappy-headed and ABSOLUTELY NOT 'ho'ish ladies of Rutgers basketball in the dust). Stuart Scott wants in this debate, taking a "rappers-are-good'' angle. Football agent Lamont Smith wants in, insisting the NFL (as a partner with Imus' employers) is obligated to take the radio personality's words as seriously as it took Pacman Jones' actions. And popular sports websites from AOL Fanhouse to ProFootballTalk.com cannot resist dipping into this trough, taking a self-righteous stand.

My take, for the record: This is a tempest in a teapot. Imus is a comedian (albeit maybe an unfunny one) and the marketplace should dictate whether he retains an audience. He very well may be racist, homophobic and mysogynistic, but. ... those are not good enough reasons to fire him. They are, rather, three excellent reasons to not LISTEN to him.

However, I feel like a lone wolf on this one. Other media takes universally follow the a different politically correct line.

AOL Fanhouse does a good job calling ESPN hipster Stuart Scott on his silly assertion that the use of the word 'ho'' is meant "affectionately'' by rappers. But then Fanhouse flexes its holier-than-thou muscle by pontificating: "It's always wrong for a man to call a woman a ho.''

Somebody at MSNBC named Miki Turner (I don't know if the androgynously-named Miki is a "ho'' or a "pimp'') urges all citizens to cease such hate-speech. "Will anyone ever be called a "nappy-headed ho" in print or on air ever again? Let’s hope not.''

Maybe the most hypocrical of all commentaties among websites I frequent comes from ProFootballTalk.com, where they are calling on "strong, courageous action. ... from the NFL'' (regarding Imus' words) and where it shall be written: "(T)here are lines of decency that we cannot and will not cross. There are ways to get a laugh without being gratuitously insulting. ...''

Maya Angelou is being asked about it. Al Roker is blogging about it.

How soon will Wade Phillips be asked for his thoughts? Tony Romo, care to discuss "nappy-headed 'hos''? Me, I'm dying to know what Anna Nicole's baby thinks about this.

But let's narrow the focus. The aforementioned specific takes are three commonly-circulated concepts right now. Allow me to address each:

CERTAIN WORDS ARE ALWAYS WRONG: No. No. No.

I mean, that's a good thing to teach your sons and all. But really, we are NEVER AGAIN ALLOWED to use bad words for ladies? Logically, then, we should also not insult men by EVER AGAIN using naughty words. Nor, I guess, should we ever swear.

Who do they have typing up there at AOL Fanhouse, Ned Flanders?

We can only express ourselves by saying nice things? About women? Hey, AOL Fanhouse, do you even KNOW any women? Come hang out with me for a weekend and I'll tell you, you'll come away from the experience saying a few things stronger than, "Nice to meet you my dear, may I place by jacket on top of the mud puddle so you can safely cross the street''?

Is that the new rule? Not only do I gotta open doors for 'em, but now I can't make fun of 'em? Ever?

Fanhouse, what you must have meant to say: "We can never make fun of women. ... unless it's behind their backs.''

'NAPPY-HEADED 'HO' MUST NEVER AGAIN APPEAR TOGETHER: That's an OK rule for the members of N'SYNC. But must it really apply to words?

We cannot, of course, strike from the dictionary the words "nappy,'' "headed'' and "ho.'' So we can we keep the individual words but. ... we must never use them together! So, I can still write the word "jerk'' and can I still write the word "off'' but I just can't put 'em together. Right?

What about banning the use of certain letters together? I would vote for a ban on the consecutive usage of the letter "L'' "O'' and "L.'' LOL. I'm friggin' sick of that.

I want to make clear: Calling some 19-year-old girl basketball player a "nappy-headed 'ho'' is not part of my particular vernacular. "Nappy-headed'' comes out of my mouth only when I sing Stevie Wonder. But I do make fun of people, relentlessly. (It's the only way to surivive airport waits.) What words may I use? What words go together? Miki "hopes'' we never again endure exposure to those words in that order.

Hey. ...

Can I call you a "headed ho nappy''? Does that pass

I'd be against the words "Cowboys'' and "coach'' and "Chan Gailey'' ever again being lumped together again. But that's about it.

THERE ARE LINES OF DECENCY: Indeed. But there is a trick to this.

I have my line. And you have yours. And if we're smart, our lines do not intersect.

But OK, ProFootballTalk.com, I'm gonna give it a try. You're all about "lines of decency'' and opposed to "gratuitous insults,'' eh?

Then why do you, on a daily basis, refer to Ron Jaworski as "Gloria Vanderbilt''? And why do you refer to Bengals receiver Chris Henry as "Pukeman''? Why are people who don't behave as you wish referred to as "turds''? Why do you feature a Reggie Bush headline that screams, "Hef(ner) Swears Off Bush''? Why is the talk-show host called "Colin Cowturd'' and the running back called "LenWhale White'' and Theismann is "Joey Sunshine'' and the chubby writer is "Len Pasta-Belly''? Why did you make fun of Hawaii prospect Ikaika Alama-Francis by calling him "Ikaika In a Toilet"? Why are 50 percent of the insults about feces and bodily functions?

No crossing of lines of decency? No gratuitous insults?

C'mon, fellas.

Be careful what you preach for here. I'm amused at how some of the most vigorous anti-ho'ers fail to understand not only their own contradictions, but also how their pompous critiques could end up cuffing their own hands. If the government somehow enforces an "Imus Rule,'' Stuart and Miki and Fanhouse and PFT and DB.com readers might be very disappointed with the restrictive results. We'll be about two steps away from being limited in our descriptions of Ruben Patterson "being as smart as a box of rocks'' and Rasheed Wallace having that weird/shiny/Susan B. Anthony bald spot because. ... we might hurt their feelings.

In language, in communication, there is no such thing as "always.'' And I find it especially twisted that such a tails-'tween-our-legs position would be so overwhelmingly popular on the internet, where up until now, it's been "anything goes'' -- and for the most part, is the better for it. But no matter. Rest assured, here on DallasBasketball.com I will continue to use terrible and disgusting words to describe you. In my head. Under my breath. And IN CAPITAL LETTERS if I see fit to do so.

'Ho.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:10 AM   #7
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishForLunch
Who is next on their radar? How long will it be before this congress has hearings on what each person can say and not say for the good of the "children".
Anyone who makes racists comments should be next on their radar. Some things you should say and some out of the respect of being a human being should not be said.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #8
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Who decides what is racist? You, me who....
Old 04-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #9
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

We do. Human beings.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:13 PM   #10
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone actually hear the bit Imus did? It was stupid and unoriginal.
If you're going to approach race issues with humor (or any artform) it better be damn good, or you won't get away with it.

The reason Boondocks does well is the creative and original writer. When Doug Stanhope uses the n-word in a bit it's thought provoking, witty, and makes a social commentary. When A Tribe Called Quest drop n-bombs they speak of their environment and upbringing in an engaging way, that asks the listener why they are afraid of the word.

However, When Imus uses racism it is boring, trivial, and wasn't funny 20 years ago when Imus was relevant.
While I think the media have gone too far in lynching one of their own, if anyone was past his prime and needed to go it was Don Imus...my two cents.

Last edited by rmacomic; 04-13-2007 at 01:27 PM.
rmacomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:20 PM   #11
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Is the point of her blog that Sharpton and Jackson don't criticize rappers or blacks? The thing about Imus is that he's a host of a sports radio show. I've heard other radio jock's make even harsher racist statements than Imus did (ex: Howard Stern). I don't see the comparison between rap music and a guy who hosts a sports radio show.
There is no need to educate some of the masses here on Sharpton and Jackson. How soon some 4got what Jackson has done for many people in this world. If I re-call there were many times where Jackson went to enemy territory overseas to get back some of our U.S. hostages. I wonder what color they were? I know the answer, so that is why I am amused at anyone calling them a hypocrite.

As far as Sharpton, I know for a fact he has called out rappers for the use of their language on songs as well. As of matter of fact, all African-American public figures that I know have called out rappers on this issue. Even Farakhan called them out, and I am not even a big fan of his.

Let me look around to find these other so-called figures who stood up for the Duke players when the situation happened...Can't find them, so who is really the hypocrite? I bet we all will see some now that the Duke players are acquitted.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:11 PM   #12
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
There is no need to educate some of the masses here on Sharpton and Jackson. How soon some 4got what Jackson has done for many people in this world. If I re-call there were many times where Jackson went to enemy territory overseas to get back some of our U.S. hostages. I wonder what color they were? I know the answer, so that is why I am amused at anyone calling them a hypocrite.
What does that have to do with the issue at hand? If I had said, "Jesse Jackson has never done anything worthwhile," then perhaps your retort would make sense.

Show me where Jesse Jackson is campaigning against the racism and misogyny in modern rap and hip-hop music, and I'll gladly recant.

Quote:
As far as Sharpton, I know for a fact he has called out rappers for the use of their language on songs as well. As of matter of fact, all African-American public figures that I know have called out rappers on this issue. Even Farakhan called them out, and I am not even a big fan of his.
Show mere where Al Sharpton is campaigning against the racism and misogyny in modern rap and hip-hop music, and I'll gladly recant.

Quote:
Let me look around to find these other so-called figures who stood up for the Duke players when the situation happened...Can't find them, so who is really the hypocrite? I bet we all will see some now that the Duke players are acquitted.
Plenty of people stood up for their right to innocence until guilt was proven, and plenty of people took the approach of waiting to see what the EVIDENCE bore out. Jackson and Sharpton didn't. They smeared the reputations of the players and declared them guilty in the media simply because they got to bask in the spotlight and scream racism.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:12 PM   #13
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

How Long will Democrats and the Media continue to enable Sharpton and Jackson
By Lorie Byrd
Friday, April 13, 2007

link

What a strange confluence of news stories this week. The strong statement of NC Attorney General Roy Cooper declaring the Duke Lacrosse players accused of rape "innocent" appeared alongside news that MSNBC dropped the Don Imus show for racist comments, due at least in part to pressure brought by Al Sharpton. Is it too much for me to hope that one day the truth about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will be revealed as prominently as the truth about those phony rape charges was this week?

The truth about the accused Duke lacrosse players was known, at least at first, only to those with access to the evidence in the case. Many in the media were all too eager to jump on the privileged white athletes rape poor black woman story, but they did have a public official telling them there was validity to the claim. Those reporting Sharpton and Jackson's criticism of racist comments by Don Imus this past week had no such excuse.

The truth about Sharpton and Jackson's histories of exploiting racial tensions is well known, yet they continually get a pass from those in the media. Meredith Vieira on the Today show did bring up Jesse Jackson's past use of the anti-semitic slur "hymie," but it was in the form of an apology to him for mentioning it. "… Reverend Jackson, I apologize, but some of your critics reminded me of 1984, and I remember it as well. You were running for president, and you referred to New York City as as 'Hymietown'."

In 2003 following the controversy that erupted over Trent Lott's comments about Strom Thurmond, Jeff Jacoby asked when the media would take an "interest in digging into Sharpton's record -- a record far more shameful and egregious than anything Lott has to answer for." It is now four years later and both during his run for President as a Democrat Party candidate, and during numerous interviews he has done on the subject of race, they have yet to take much of an interest.

Al Sharpton's past exploitation of race in the Tawana Brawley case, and the Crown Heights riot which resulted in the murder of Yankel Rosenbaum, and in the Freddy's Fashion Mart protest that fueled violence resulting in several deaths, is well known to those in the media. For some reason, though, those in the media don't deem it important enough to alert viewers to that history when interviewing Sharpton on the subject of race.

Al Sharpton inserted himself into the Imus controversy in a big way, interviewing him on his radio show and refusing to accept an apology from Imus. Sharpton called early on for Imus to be fired. Yet few, if any, reporters interviewing Sharpton about the Imus comments brought up Sharpton's past.
At least in the case of Imus, he was guilty of making racist comments. In other cases, as with that of the officers charged in the Tawana Brawley case, the accused were not guilty. Many of those accused by Jesse Jackson of racist policies are not guilty either, but preferred a cash settlement and/or a commitment to do better in the future to a protracted and public showdown trying to prove their innocence.

What made the case of the Duke lacrosse players end in a very public and prominent revelation of the truth was the reaction of the accused, coupled with officials more interested in doing what was right, than in covering up for reckless District Attorney Nifong.

The accused and their families fought back when confronted with false allegations. Unfortunately many of the innocent accused of racism by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton choose the easier route of opening their checkbooks. Jesse Jackson plans meetings with CBS and NBC executives this week to discuss diversity in broadcasting and the lack of black hosts. It will be interesting to see the result of those talks.
The other reason the Duke lacrosse players' story ended as it did is that there were officials willing to acknowledge and make public the wrongdoing of D.A. Mike Nifong.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will continue to exploit race issues as long as there are no "officials" willing to call them on it. In this case, those with the responsibility to do so are the Democrats and the media. When are Democrats going to acknowledge the damage Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have done to race relations and apologize for their enabling of Sharpton and Jackson to exploit the issue of race for so many years? When are those in the media going to stop putting these men forward as the foremost spokesmen on the issue when their past words and actions make them anything but virtuous on the subject?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #14
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

America's Pimp 'n' Ho Culture Gets Real

By Kathleen Parker

link

In my eyes I done seen some crazy thangs in the streets
Gotta couple hos workin' on the changes for me ...

-- Lyrics from "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp,'' 2006 winner of the Academy Award for Best Original Song, by Three 6 Mafia for "Hustle and Flow.''

The air is so thick with irony and hypocrisy these days, it's hard to find oxygen to breathe.
On the same day that North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper declared the three white Duke University lacrosse team players innocent of the alleged rape of an African-American stripper, MSNBC canceled its simulcast of the Don Imus radio show for a racial slur against the mostly black Rutgers University women's basketball team.

Two athletic teams -- one mostly white male, one mostly black female. Two examples of race and gender colliding. One rogue prosecutor; one rude shock jock.

Obviously, there's no comparison between the two cases in terms of consequences. While the Rutgers gals suffered hurt feelings, Imus lost his television gig and his radio show, the three Duke men potentially faced 30 years in prison and District Attorney Mike Nifong faces ethics charges.

But the two episodes do share the complicating and distorting factors of race, sex and politics.
And of course, they both share the opportunistic involvement of those two rogue race-baiting reverends, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Both not only came to the aid of the Rutgers basketball team, but grabbed the microphones before the accused Duke players had their day in court.

In Imus' case, neither was willing to accept the radio host's apology for his unfunny racist remark aimed at the basketball players and both worked, successfully, to get him off television airwaves.

In the Duke case, we will succumb to suffocation, I suspect, if we hold our breath waiting for Sharpton and Jackson to apologize for feeding the racist frenzy that condemned those three young men whose lives were nearly ruined by innuendo, lies, an out-of-control prosecutor and a complicit media.

We will also collapse onto the fainting couch waiting for an apology from Duke's "Group of 88'' -- the coalition of arts and science faculty who took out a full-page ad in the Duke newspaper commending students who demonstrated and distributed a "wanted'' poster of the lacrosse team. The 88 also promised to "turn up the volume'' on the administration in dealing with the crimes of these "farm animals,'' as English and Afro-American Studies professor Houston Baker described the lacrosse players in an e-mail to the mother of a team member.

Duke President Richard Brodhead, meanwhile, suspended the accused, accepted the resignation of lacrosse coach Mike Pressler and canceled the rest of the 2006 lacrosse season. It was not a pretty day for due process.

But the man behind the curtain orchestrating this travesty of justice was Nifong. In the rap vernacular that brought down Imus, he pimped the accuser, using an apparently troubled young woman for his own political gain in his re-election bid, instead of sending her home where she belonged.

Despite the obvious double standard among those who purport to work for racial harmony, the convergence of these two events may be the tipping point in our national debate about race, sex and speech. Let's do cut close to the bone, but, lest we become enamored of our virtue, we should acknowledge a couple of facts:

First, despite protestations to the contrary, it's hard to believe NBC and CBS dropped Imus only because of his remarks. The two networks fired him, at least in part, because the show's advertisers pulled out. Does anyone really doubt that Imus would be on air today if the cash were still flowing?

Second, Duke administrators and trustees, who are now demanding a complete investigation into Nifong's behavior, are a year late and a conscience short. With notable exceptions, administrators and faculty behaved abominably and should be considering an investigation into their own hearts. What a contrast to the support Rutgers University gave its students.

Those who have performed most honorably throughout this disgraceful season of sexual spin and racial one-upmanship are the athletes from both teams. Mature and dignified during their respective news conferences, they've put the grown-ups to shame and offer reason to hope that the rising generation of young Americans will put this corrupt house in order.

Meanwhile, as Attorney General Cooper said: "A lot of people owe a lot of apologies to a lot of people.''
Old 04-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #15
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
For anyone that read this Michelle Malkin blog entry, I guess we should expect that Jackson and Sharpton will be calling another press conference in the morning, demanding that the "songs" by the rappers listed by Malkin in the blog entry above be removed from the public airwaves.

Or not.

What a bunch of race-baiting hypocrites.
I do believe that this is one of the first times that I've generally agreed with Malkin.

omg, that is very unsettling....

the point that I do disagree tho is the rush to put everyone in the same basket. that is not realistic...

is there a difference between a white person using the n word and a black person using the very same word? yes. absolutley yes.

the black person CAN use the word without the negative connotation that is undeniable linked to the white person using the word.

Imus just went too far in a poor attempt to be funny. the moral of the story is if you want to play lenny bruce you'd better be damn funny and on target or you're going to catch a heck of a lot of anger.

that's part of the irony, for it isn't the use of the term but the failure of Imus to say it within an acceptable connotation.

for instance, if he had used the phrase but followed it up with a "damn they may be tough and they may be ho's, but they can play great basketball, and they have shown that they can pull ther weight in the classroom" would Imus still be doing his show and would we be talking about him?

I think not.

So the message is it is NOT the words themselves that cause the hurt, it is the connotation in which they are used.

are these rappers in the same envelope as Imus? absolutely not, although these rappers do cross the line not in the racism of their lyrics but the sexism of how women are portrayed and demeaned in these lyrics.

see, if it's acceptable to do this to women it sets the tone to do the same to others. the analogy to nazi germany is appropo, no one complained when they came for the jews, no one complained when they came for the gays, and when they came for others there was no one to stand in their way.

for that the rappers should be held responsible.

and sharpton and jackson should be saying this.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:55 PM   #16
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Show mere where Al Sharpton is campaigning against the racism and misogyny in modern rap and hip-hop music, and I'll gladly recant.
He probably isn't campaining against the above because its not there. Rappers do not talk about their hate for women and they sure as hell don't make racial slurs in their music. Everyone has an a opinion on hip hop and don't even understand the culture.

What you guys don't realize is what Imes did and what rappers rap about is not even related. Imes made attacks at women. He made racial slurs towards the women of Rutgers. Rappers don't make racial slurs towards any women. When they say bitch or hoe its not toward a specific woman. Its towards a kind of woman. The two don't even compare.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:01 PM   #17
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
are these rappers in the same envelope as Imus? absolutely not, although these rappers do cross the line not in the racism of their lyrics but the sexism of how women are portrayed and demeaned in these lyrics.
I agree with a lot of your post but I just want to let you know that hip hop isn't the only form of music that degrades women. I've heard it in Rock Music and Country as well. Yet, Hip Hop is taking the blame. I remember a couple of years ago video games were the scapegoat for why our society is so f'd up. But back then people debated that parents should take responsibility for what their children are playing. But when it comes to music the same isn't being said. The rappers are the ones who need to take the responsibility. Why the double standard?
Old 04-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #18
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree with a lot of your post but I just want to let you know that hip hop isn't the only form of music that degrades women. I've heard it in Rock Music and Country as well. Yet, Hip Hop is taking the blame.
apropos of nothing...

I like big butts and I cannot lie
you other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung....

my anaconda don't want none
unless you've got big buns, hun....

Tell 'em to shake it! (Shake it!)
Shake it! (Shake it!)
Shake that healthy butt!
Baby got back!

I recall a Sir mix-a-lot interview where he said that this song really pissed off "the Liberals", not just because the song objectified women but moreso because a lot of women didn't find the song nearly as offensive as the good Liberals thought they should.

I'm not sure what my point is other than maybe a song ain't all that degrading if the target audience likes to shake it.

shake it!
shake that healthy butt!

Last edited by alexamenos; 04-13-2007 at 04:35 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #19
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

So its ok for liberals to call Condi a house slave, but nappy ho's is a big no no. Thats why I freaking asked you decides what is racist.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:08 PM   #20
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
What does that have to do with the issue at hand? If I had said, "Jesse Jackson has never done anything worthwhile," then perhaps your retort would make sense.

Show me where Jesse Jackson is campaigning against the racism and misogyny in modern rap and hip-hop music, and I'll gladly recant.

Plenty of people stood up for their right to innocence until guilt was proven, and plenty of people took the approach of waiting to see what the EVIDENCE bore out. Jackson and Sharpton didn't. They smeared the reputations of the players and declared them guilty in the media simply because they got to bask in the spotlight and scream racism.
Simple answer is that they came to the aid of an African American woman, who accused the Duke players of rape. First and foremost, they stood behind her as she told her story.

I will make it real simple for you about Al and Jesse:

Al Sharpton: http://www.fradical.com/Al_Sharpton_violent_rap.htm
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0503/09/ltm.03.html

Jesse Jackson: http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_103172745.html

I could go on and on with the battles these two have had against some rap music.

Then after you read this, then learn about "The Peace Summit" in Mar. 2005 at The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture in Harlem.

I think Mayo Angelou said it best here: http://newsbusters.org/node/12022

Al and Jesse are activists and that is their job.

So lets talk activist for a second. The biggest problem in American when it comes to race relations has been the Judicial Activism used by the Judges to condemn many innocent people, namely African Americans.

So go back in your history and tell me who the real race-baiting hypocrites were. Back then, they were the ones who helped wipe away many, many generations of African Americans. Now, people want to call Al and Jesse a hypocrite because they come to the aid of African Americans. Damn, can African Americans have a public figures come to their aid? Yes!!!!

Did Jesse or Al have the power to cancel Imus show? No! Then just call the media companies the hypocrites. They supported Imus all this time, and now they cancel his show.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:10 PM   #21
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishForLunch
So its ok for liberals to call Condi a house slave, but nappy ho's is a big no no. Thats why I freaking asked you decides what is racist.
I think Mayo Angelou said it best here: http://newsbusters.org/node/12022
Old 04-14-2007, 12:08 AM   #22
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
(CBS) CHICAGO The spotlight on indecent speech is shifting from recently fired radio host Don Imus to the rap world.

As CBS 2's Rafael Romo reports, the Rev. Jesse Jackson wants to end racist and sexist lyrics in music.

Jackson said the use of the "n" word and others in rap music are just as bad as the racist comments that got shock jock Imus fired.

Jackson also blames record companies.

“They record the music, they finance the videos, they are beyond the videos, they do the distribution and they must become our partners in ending the trail of smut and degradation,” said Jackson, president of the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_103172745.html
Old 04-14-2007, 05:46 AM   #23
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyone who makes racists comments should be next on their radar. Some things you should say and some out of the respect of being a human being should not be said.
I know of a couple racist commentators that might should be targeted next:

Al Sharpton:
Quote:
"There is a systematic and methodical strategy to eliminate our people from doing business off 125th street. I want to make it clear . . . that we will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business."
"What’s wrong with denouncing white interlopers?"

"If the Jews want to get it on," he said, "tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house."

"White folks were in caves while we were building empires . . . we taught philosophy, astrology, and mathematics before Socrates and those Greek homos."

Jesse Jackson
Quote:
"Heimytown"

If these two folds aren't on the radar of Al and Jesse, maybe we shouldn't trust the radars of Al and Jesse.

on a side note, any math class taught by Al Sharpton would be one of the greatest math classes anyone could ever take.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 04-14-2007 at 05:49 AM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #24
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
I know of a couple racist commentators that might should be targeted next:

Al Sharpton:

Quote:
"There is a systematic and methodical strategy to eliminate our people from doing business off 125th street. I want to make it clear . . . that we will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business."
"What’s wrong with denouncing white interlopers?"

"White folks were in caves while we were building empires . . . we taught philosophy, astrology, and mathematics before Socrates and those Greek homos."
Really interesting quotes here, UL....

The "white interlopers" and "greek homos" remarks aren't so significant to me as the intrinsic race-based worldview of Reverend Al. When he says that "we" were teaching philosophy while white folks were living in caves, does he intend to suggest that he was down at NYU prattling on and on about existentialism? Of course not, he's touting the superior achievements of a certain race.

According to Al: "Our people" are our people precisely because they have black skin. Al goes so far as to include himself as close-kin of people who lived thousands of years ago and half-way 'round the world because those people had a little more melanin in their skin. Meanwhile, people who live a few blocks off 125th street are interlopers because they have less melanin.

Can such a fellow honestly say that he's more concerned with a man's character than the color of his skin? Doesn't sound like it to me, not at all. Once a fellow starts divvying people up first and foremost by skin color, the question "which skin color is the best?" will logically and invariably follow (even if not explicitly, implicitly).

cheers

Last edited by alexamenos; 04-14-2007 at 05:33 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:33 PM   #25
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
Really interesting quotes here, UL....

The "white interlopers" and "greek homos" remarks aren't so significant to me as the intrinsic race-based worldview of Reverend Al. When he says that "we" were teaching philosophy while white folks were living in caves, does he intend to suggest that he was down at NYU prattling on and on about existentialism? Of course not, he's touting the superior achievements of a certain race.

According to Al: "Our people" are our people precisely because they have black skin. Al goes so far as to include himself as close-kin of people who lived thousands of years ago and half-way 'round the world because those people had a little more melanin in their skin. Meanwhile, people who live a few blocks off 125th street are interlopers because they have less melanin.

Can such a fellow honestly say that he's more concerned with a man's character than the color of his skin? Doesn't sound like it to me, not at all. Once a fellow starts divvying people up first and foremost by skin color, the question "which skin color is the best?" will logically and invariably follow (even if not explicitly, implicitly).

cheers
Is it just me, or you are talking about the "Jim Crow" laws of the land. Last time I checked. Not a single minority created "Jim Crow" laws. Should I go on record to list the people involved in "Jim Crow" laws? But, I can say for a fact the President Lyndon B. Johnson ended most of these problems in 1964. Then it was followed up by the Voting Rights Act.

Jim Crow at work:

Alabama
"All passenger stations in this state operated by any motor transportation company shall have separate waiting rooms or space and separate ticket windows for the white and colored races."
"The conductor of each passenger train is authorized and required to assign each passenger to the car or the division of the car, when it is divided by a partition, designated for the race to which such passenger belongs."

Arkansas
Various laws from 1884 to 1947 prohibited marriage or sexual relations between whites and blacks or mulattoes, providing for specific fines and imprisonment of up to three years.[1]
Various laws from 1891 to 1959 segregated rail travel, streetcars, buses, all public carriers, race tracks, gaming establishments, polling places, washrooms in mines, tuberculosis hospitals, public schools and teachers' colleges.
A poll tax was first imposed in the 1890s.

Florida
"All marriages between a white person and a Negro, or between a white person and a person of Negro descent to the fourth generation inclusive, are hereby forever prohibited."
"Any Negro man and white woman, or any white man and Negro woman, who are not married to each other, who shall habitually live in and occupy in the nighttime the same room shall each be punished by imprisonment not exceeding twelve (12) months, or by fine not exceeding five hundred ($500.00) dollars."
"The schools for white children and the schools for Negro children shall be conducted separately."

Georgia
"All persons licensed to conduct a restaurant, shall serve either white people exclusively or colored people exclusively and shall not sell to the two races within the same room or serve the two races anywhere under the same license."
"It shall be unlawful for any amateur white baseball team to play baseball on any vacant lot or baseball diamond within two blocks of a playground devoted to the Negro race, and it shall be unlawful for any amateur colored baseball team to play baseball in any vacant lot or baseball diamond within two blocks of any playground devoted to the white race."

Louisiana
"Any person who shall rent any part of any such building to a Negro person or a Negro family when such building is already in whole or in part in occupancy by a white person or white family, or vice versa when the building is in occupancy by a Negro person or Negro family, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction thereof shall be punished by a fine of not less than twenty-five ($25.00) nor more than one hundred ($100.00) dollars or be imprisoned not less than 10, or more than 60 days, or both such fine and imprisonment in the discretion of the court."

Mississippi
"Any person...who shall be guilty of printing, publishing or circulating printed, typewritten or written matter urging or presenting for public acceptance or general information, arguments or suggestions in favor of social equality or of intermarriage between whites and Negroes, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to fine or not exceeding five hundred (500.00) dollars or imprisonment not exceeding six (6) months or both."

North Carolina
"Books shall not be interchangeable between the white and colored schools, but shall continue to be used by the race first using them. "
"The state librarian is directed to fit up and maintain a separate place for the use of the colored people who may come to the library for the purpose of reading books or periodicals."

Texas
Twenty-seven Jim Crow laws were passed in the Lone Star state from 1866 to 1958. Some examples include:
1925: Required racially segregated schools.
1950: Separate facilities required for white and black citizens in state parks
1953: Public carriers to be segregated
1958: No child compelled to attend schools that are racially mixed. No desegregation unless approved by election. Governor may close schools where troops used on federal authority.

Virginia
"Every person...operating...any public hall, theater, opera house, motion picture show or any place of public entertainment or public assemblage which is attended by both white and colored persons, shall separate the white race and the colored race and shall set apart and designate...certain seats therein to be occupied by white persons and a portion thereof , or certain seats therein, to be occupied by colored persons.
"The conductors or managers on all such railroads shall have power, and are hereby required, to assign to each white or colored passenger his or her respective car, coach or compartment. If the passenger fails to disclose his race, the conductor and managers, acting in good faith, shall be the sole judges of his race.

South Carolina
"No persons, firms, or corporations, who or which furnish meals to passengers at station restaurants or station eating houses, in times limited by common carriers of said passengers, shall furnish said meals to white and colored passengers in the same room, or at the same table, or at the same counter."
"It shall be unlawful for any parent, relative, or other white person in this State, having the control or custody of any white child, by right of guardianship, natural or acquired, or otherwise, to dispose of, give or surrender such white child permanently into the custody, control, maintenance, or support, of a negro."
Old 04-14-2007, 08:55 PM   #26
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Al and Jesse are opportunist and have been for some time now, in my opinion. I totally reject racism or sexism period, regardless, of sex, race, gender or sexual orientation. I was taught to respect myself as a human being first and as a woman second, so I have a problem with ANY man or woman who degrade women period, including rappers, talk show hosts, etc. However, I do believe in freedom of speech and some things are best kept to yourself and not for public display....even if you possess the forum to express it.

Last edited by She_Growls; 04-14-2007 at 08:58 PM.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:53 PM   #27
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Don Imus would make a good Houston Rockets commentator. He is after all from Texas.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:13 AM   #28
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls
Al and Jesse are opportunist and have been for some time now, in my opinion. I totally reject racism or sexism period, regardless, of sex, race, gender or sexual orientation. I was taught to respect myself as a human being first and as a woman second, so I have a problem with ANY man or woman who degrade women period, including rappers, talk show hosts, etc. However, I do believe in freedom of speech and some things are best kept to yourself and not for public display....even if you possess the forum to express it.
I think you hit it on the head on what to really call Al and Jesse. I would agree 100% that they are both "Opportunist". Not that it is a bad thing, but I do think they both have used certain events for a platform to voice their opinion. I think your post summed up this whole thread from both aspect with Imus and Jesse/Al. On that, I will leave this thread alone..
Old 04-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #29
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Is it just me, or you are talking about the "Jim Crow" laws of the land.
I think it's just you.

Cheers
Old 04-17-2007, 03:15 PM   #30
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls
For the most part I agree with you view here...however the one point that I simply can not agree with is your lumping of 'Sexual Orientation' into the mix of Sex, Race.

You are born into your ethnicity, you are born into you gender...however you choose who and what you sleep with.

With that said, there is a manner of respectful discussion that can be had about ones sexual preferences, however they are NOT something that shoudl have special rights or even be put on the same scale as Race or Gender equality issues.

As a Heterosexual, European-American, Male, I am find it offensive to base any 'Rights' due to one's own sexual likes or perversions. After all, it's a choice one is not "BORN GAY"
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:28 PM   #31
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
For the most part I agree with you view here...however the one point that I simply can not agree with is your lumping of 'Sexual Orientation' into the mix of Sex, Race.

You are born into your ethnicity, you are born into you gender...however you choose who and what you sleep with.

With that said, there is a manner of respectful discussion that can be had about ones sexual preferences, however they are NOT something that should have special rights or even be put on the same scale as Race or Gender equality issues.

As a Heterosexual, European-American, Male, I am find it offensive to base any 'Rights' due to one's own sexual likes or perversions. After all, it's a choice one is not "BORN GAY"
Thanks. And sorry too, but I thought this thread was about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, not sexual orientation? My "point" is very easy to interpret, which is not to be bias against anyone, regardless. However, I respect how you feel; that's your right, but no further comment.

Last edited by She_Growls; 04-17-2007 at 08:29 PM.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #32
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
As a Heterosexual, European-American, Male, I am find it offensive to base any 'Rights' due to one's own sexual likes or perversions.
Rah rah.

could you please point out where someone is arguing that people's rights should be "due to one's own sexual likes or perversions"? I feel that EXCLUSION of rights shouldn't be based on these reasons... but there is a HUGE difference between the two.

Also, people may not be born in the engagement of homosexual acts, but to pretend that :

Quote:
After all, it's a choice one is not "BORN GAY"
is, frankly, borderline assenine. Do you REALLY believe that it is pure choice? like Coke versus Pepsi?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote