Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 07-10-2004, 01:00 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default They have offered to brief me I just haven't had the time, says Kerry

Looks like I can't link directly, but this link takes you right to the photo.

link to image
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2004, 01:02 AM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: They have offered to brief me I just haven't had the time, says Kerry

That is such a small picture. I think you could have gone without the white rectangle and just put an x there, telling us the x should be imagined as red.

It would have been much simpler.

; )
Old 07-11-2004, 01:31 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: They have offered to brief me I just haven't had the time, says Kerry

Hmm.... I don't know why it was blocked out as it's the same link. ..oh well, the vagaries of pc's.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-11-2004, 11:58 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

But he does have time to have another "nuanced" flip-flop.

Quote:
Kerry and Edwards said they would return to the Senate to oppose a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, but only for a final vote. With debate set to begin next week on the amendment proposed by the president, Kerry emphatically reaffirmed the ticket's position that marriage is between a man and a woman.

"Let's be very firm about it. Both John and I believe firmly and absolutely that marriage is between a man and a woman," Kerry said. "But we also believe that you don't play with the Constitution of the United States for political purposes and amend the Bill of Rights when you don't need to when states are adequately addressing this issue."
Of course as usual with kerry, no decision is the right decision.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:59 PM   #5
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:They have offered to brief me I just haven't had the time, says Kerry

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
But he does have time to have another "nuanced" flip-flop.

Quote:
Kerry and Edwards said they would return to the Senate to oppose a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, but only for a final vote. With debate set to begin next week on the amendment proposed by the president, Kerry emphatically reaffirmed the ticket's position that marriage is between a man and a woman.

"Let's be very firm about it. Both John and I believe firmly and absolutely that marriage is between a man and a woman," Kerry said. "But we also believe that you don't play with the Constitution of the United States for political purposes and amend the Bill of Rights when you don't need to when states are adequately addressing this issue."
Of course as usual with kerry, no decision is the right decision.
he states two beliefs, and one of them is to not put this issue in the Constitution. they don't conflict.
good try tho...
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 04:26 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

Yes of course he states two beliefs. Both are not of enough conviction to do more than pay lip service to it.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:18 PM   #7
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

please try to make sense.
he (unfortunately) opposes extending equal rights of marriage to same sex couples.
He opposes adding an amendment to the constitution.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:36 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

He believes that marriage should stay defined as between a man and a woman. He "firmly" believes "marriage is between a man and a woman".

Ok great, so what. What is he going to DO about it? Nothing, that is also a choice. No wonder he loves the UN so much, they bought find ways to not make decisions and do nothing.

That way he can be on both sides of the issue.. AGAIN.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:44 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE:They have offered to brief me I just haven't had the time, says Kerry

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
The irony of this is incredibly pathetic.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 08:57 PM   #10
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
The irony of this is incredibly pathetic.
The "irony" is "pathetic"?
yuck yuck yuck
pathetic irony
I can't stop laughing
Old 07-11-2004, 09:27 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

If not for reeds, you would clearly be the most obvious dumbass on this site.

Pathetic.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote