Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-18-2007, 11:22 PM   #481
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I've seen this movie before.

Spurs in 6.

Its funny...every year people get sucked in...but nothing's changed.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2007, 11:24 PM   #482
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Well lets not dwell on this, congrats to the Spurs... now can we get to the fun part of laughing at the Suns? Where the hell did Nash go in that game? He better get some negative media attention after the pounding Dirk took.
Don't hold your breath. He is the Golden Boy!

I also think he cured AIDS.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 05-18-2007, 11:28 PM   #483
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I am now the biggest Utah Jazz fan ever
Old 05-18-2007, 11:29 PM   #484
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Sunset....

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:30 PM   #485
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I am now the biggest Utah Jazz fan ever
X

Old 05-18-2007, 11:30 PM   #486
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Ok maybe not EVER
Old 05-18-2007, 11:35 PM   #487
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I wonder if Nash ever regrets leaving Dallas. He's getting older and older now and if the suns cant pull out a championship next year (they'll have to get past the mavericks 1st ) - I'll start to wonder if he ever will get to one.

as a side note I certainly regret Nash leaving. With his ball passing skills, even someone with hands like Damp could be trained to catch and dunk.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #488
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Ginobili and Bowen, probably the most disliked players on the Spurs roster, did the damage in the third quarter.

I don't like the Spurs, but you have to acknowledge that they play successful basketball. And when Duncan gets doubled, the others knock down their shots... Could we please copy that somehow?

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #489
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The thing I remember the most about the Mavs game 6 win against phoenix in the WCF last year, is the DanTony press conference after the game.

He sat there, basically just defending their style of play, and you could see it in his eyes, he was just so sure that they could win playing like this. He's defended it all this season too. He said "when I hear people say that this doesn't work, I think they're crazy. How can people say this doesn't work?" or something like that.

He's so resolutely stubborn that I don't think he's going to change next year either. How many chances does he get as a coach?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:44 PM   #490
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

The one thing that is really good about the Spurs' win is that it shows how good the Mavs were last year. We beat them on their own floor. These Suns might never be able to do that.

Mavs > Suns

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:46 PM   #491
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

At least that was entertaining basketball.

I just fell asleep watching the highlights of Cavs/Nets
Old 05-18-2007, 11:46 PM   #492
mary
Troll Hunter

The Suns are going to have an interesting offseason.

Unless Atlanta gets a top three pick, they've got a lotto pick coming and two additional first rounders.

They'll also have salaries well over 80 million and I don't believe Sarver's known for wanting to pay LT.

Somebody is going to get traded.

Last edited by mary; 05-18-2007 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:46 PM   #493
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Great post Flaco. F the Suns. F Steve Nash. Sure, Cuban F'd up. But Nash f'd up even more. Is a few more millions really that important, Nashie? Is your family so poor you had to have it to support them? He sure turned down Cuban's offer (even though it was low) awfully fast. He wasn't as comitted as he should have been and that's why he'll never achieve as much as Dirk, which is winning the first two games of the finals. And Dallas has more years ahead of them. Phoenix's window of opportunity just slammed shut.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:46 PM   #494
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:

Unless Atlanta gets a top three pick, they've got a lotto pick coming and two additional first rounders.

They'll also have salaries well over 80 million and I don't believe Sarver's known for wanting to pay LT.

Marion?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-18-2007 at 11:46 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:46 PM   #495
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is a damn fine basketball game.

If only the NBA would re-seed after every round we could've seen it in the WCF....
What other basketball tournament reseeds? They don't do it in high school, or college. It is always about the brackets.

And I wasn't too impressed with Phoenix this season - they had the easyist playoff matchup in the 1st round and went down to the Spurs in 6. Not much better than us really.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:47 PM   #496
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The thing I remember the most about the Mavs game 6 win against phoenix in the WCF last year, is the DanTony press conference after the game.

He sat there, basically just defending their style of play, and you could see it in his eyes, he was just so sure that they could win playing like this. He's defended it all this season too. He said "when I hear people say that this doesn't work, I think they're crazy. How can people say this doesn't work?" or something like that.

He's so resolutely stubborn that I don't think he's going to change next year either. How many chances does he get as a coach?
I hope he never leaves. Watching him bitch at the refs all game long is some great comedy. Seriously, his reactions are priceless.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:47 PM   #497
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
What other basketball tournament reseeds? They don't do it in high school, or college. It is always about the brackets.

And I wasn't too impressed with Phoenix this season - they had the easyist playoff matchup in the 1st round and went down to the Spurs in 6. Not much better than us really.
the NHL re-seeds. It makes for a better post-season IMO.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:50 PM   #498
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

DON'T BLOW UP THE MAVS. For all his shortcomings, Terry has a huge heart. It's too early to blow it up.. we fucked up by over trading a few years ago. Keep the core and hope we play the Spurs or whoever instead of some hack like Golden State. We own the team that owns the Suns. Diop OWNS Duncan. Dallas is the only team in the league that can make Duncan look consistently average. We frustrate the hell out of him. I'm as upset with Avery as anyone, but in the big picture he gets what makes a champion. The Suns and Warriors do not get it.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:50 PM   #499
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Marion?
There certainly are a lot of rumors floating around about how Marion won't be a Sun much longer. I for one would love to see it. I think the Suns would be in serious trouble without Marion unless they can get some really good value in return.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-18-2007, 11:52 PM   #500
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Marion?
I think that's a good possibility. We already hear Marion rumors every offseason, and he has the most tradeable contract BY FAR.

I wonder how they're feeling about that 45 million they owe Diaw. Ouch.

Last edited by mary; 05-18-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:52 PM   #501
pkdumas
Golden Member

The Suns are in trouble any way you cut it. Nash is old. Stoudemire is dumb as lead. Marion's ego will lead him elsewhere. Suck it suns
Old 05-18-2007, 11:53 PM   #502
pkdumas
Golden Member

Quote:

BWAHAHHHAHAHHAHA. Diaw blows.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:54 PM   #503
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the NHL re-seeds. It makes for a better post-season IMO.
That's hockey - basketball has a tournament bracket. Even the little kids have brackets - it is what fans expect. You might as well ask the league to seed all the teams from the league into one bracket regardless of conference. It just isn't going to happen.

And the only reason the best matchup wasn't in the WCF was because Dallas failed to make it there.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:55 PM   #504
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas
The Suns are in trouble any way you cut it. Nash is old. Stoudemire is dumb as lead. Marion's ego will lead him elsewhere. Suck it suns
lol Easy dude. People said the same thing about the Spurs this season.

While SA may have their number, they seem to have ours lately, and we have SA's. It's like that Packers-49ers-Cowboys cluster F%^& in the 90's. (or the Stars-Red Wings-Avalanche, if you're so inclined as I am)

I still respect the Suns as being fairly dangerous.

But not their coach. What a whiney bastard.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:56 PM   #505
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

If Suns are willing to pay the LT they're going to be hell next year. Especially if the the Hawks pick is in the 4-10 range. Just imagine a rookie in D'Antoni's system. Wow. Didn't know they had 2 other additional picks.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:57 PM   #506
pkdumas
Golden Member

Suns goose is cooked. Book it. errr, cook it.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:57 PM   #507
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
They have Barbossa locked up for 4 more years at $25m. Win one contract and lose another - it averages out.

And I heard that the most likely guy to move is Stoudemire. Supposedly he isn't liked as much by DanTony.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:57 PM   #508
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
lol Easy dude. People said the same thing about the Spurs this season.

While SA may have their number, they seem to have ours lately, and we have SA's. It's like that Packers-49ers-Cowboys cluster F%^& in the 90's. (or the Stars-Red Wings-Avalanche, if you're so inclined as I am)

I still respect the Suns as being fairly dangerous.

But not their coach. What a whiney bastard.
How do the Suns have our number? I'm not saying we could automatically beat them this year, but we did knock them out last year, and we were 2-2 in the regular season. Only team that seems to have our number right now is Golden State...

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-18-2007, 11:58 PM   #509
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I don't see how or why the Suns get rid of Marion. No way they get rid of Nash or Amare. Barbosa, Marion and Diaw are the candidates but IMO i'd suck it up and pay the LT to retain them. Unless they pull another Joe Johnson deal for Marion or Diaw.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #510
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
How do the Suns have our number? I'm not saying we could automatically beat them this year, but we did knock them out last year, and we were 2-2 in the regular season. Only team that seems to have our number right now is Golden State...
I didn't much care for the way the mavs played phx the last 2 times in the regular season. They kicked our ass. It was embarrassing. I was not looking forward to seeing them in these playoffs (of course that wasn't meant to be apparently anyways)

But you're right. Effing GS.....
Old 05-19-2007, 12:00 AM   #511
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
They have Barbossa locked up for 4 more years at $25m. Win one contract and lose another - it averages out.

And I heard that the most likely guy to move is Stoudemire. Supposedly he isn't liked as much by DanTony.
Really? I believe the Suns would get rid of D'Antoni before they even think about getting rid of Stoudamire and rightfully so. When Nash retires or leaves D'Antoni's is useless at that point anyway.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:00 AM   #512
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I don't see how or why the Suns get rid of Marion. No way they get rid of Nash or Amare. Barbosa, Marion and Diaw are the candidates but IMO i'd suck it up and pay the LT to retain them. Unless they pull another Joe Johnson deal for Marion or Diaw.
Well, Marion has been grumbling about being underappreciated, and some of the Suns fans at least seem to be tired of him disappearing in big games. Throw in the fact that Suns have a window that looks like it may appear to be closing, and you may have a team that starts to get desperate.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-19-2007, 12:00 AM   #513
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
If Suns are willing to pay the LT they're going to be hell next year. Especially if the the Hawks pick is in the 4-10 range. Just imagine a rookie in D'Antoni's system. Wow. Didn't know they had 2 other additional picks.
I'm not 100% certain, but I think they do.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:01 AM   #514
pkdumas
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL

Barbosa sucked. Another hack. How could you not hate Stoudemire?
Old 05-19-2007, 12:10 AM   #515
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Not happy the Spurs won... just happy the Suns lost!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:11 AM   #516
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not 100% certain, but I think they do.
You're right. They have Cleveland's pick and their own.

It's going to be tough to get under the tax threshold next year especially if they're planning on using Marion to do it. Unless they can find a team with a ton of cap room to dump him on (not likely) they have to take back salary withing 25% of Marions.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:11 AM   #517
mary
Troll Hunter

I've seen some mention on PHX message board (and earlier in the week in some sports column somewhere..) of packaging Marion with the Atlanta pick and another player for Kevin Garnett.

Anyone else heard anything?

Last edited by mary; 05-19-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:11 AM   #518
pkdumas
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
Not happy the Spurs won... just happy the Suns lost!
BOOYAAHHHHH!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:12 AM   #519
cchen39

cchen39 is on a distinguished road

Magic must feel like a tool now after calling out Dirk not able to will his team like Little Stevie.... oops.
cchen39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:12 AM   #520
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well, Marion has been grumbling about being underappreciated, and some of the Suns fans at least seem to be tired of him disappearing in big games. Throw in the fact that Suns have a window that looks like it may appear to be closing, and you may have a team that starts to get desperate.
How are the Suns window closing? Isn't Nash the only guy on that team over 30? Well KT is too but I mean as far as the core guys go? I'd say they have some years left to contend but you bring up a valid point about Marion that I did forget. He's been making little comments here and there about his role. Not sure how the Suns want to win but defensively I don't see how they can afford to get rid of Marion. With Marion and Bell they can cover up Nash's shortcomings for the most part. He was the only guy who could contain Parker.