Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #41
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawasucks View Post
Every criticism that was thrown the Mavs way this year by kneejerking Barea or Chandler nuthuggers (save for Odom and Beaubois) have been proven to carry the same weight as hard excrement.
Chandler Nuthugger here. I am not convinced our defense is as good as last year. I think we have a real weakness on the perimeter, especially with three point defense. We do pack the lane quite a bit and Marion has become unbelievable.

I also still see a lot of penetration on pick and rolls. I also think this season is so screwed up that everyone's efficiency is way down.

Once the dirkster gets healthy ill see if we can come back in some games.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #42
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Chandler Nuthugger here. I am not convinced our defense is as good as last year. I think we have a real weakness on the perimeter, especially with three point defense. We do pack the lane quite a bit and Marion has become unbelievable.

I also still see a lot of penetration on pick and rolls. I also think this season is so screwed up that everyone's efficiency is way down.
Here's the problem I see with the "our defense isn't as good as last year." Nobody who thinks that way is going to have any reason to admit otherwise unless the Mavs win another championship this year. That's a pretty steep barrier and a bit too results-oriented. The defense could be better and the Mavs still not win a title. Hell, the offense and defense could be a lot better (I'm not saying this is the case) and the Mavs still not win a title. That's sports.

Statistically, the defense is markedly better. That's not up for debate. Now, if it tanks late in the season or in the postseason, the comparison should fairly die, but if the defense performs very well and the Mavs nevertheless go out, say, in the second round, I think you'd see a lot of people eschewing the stats and claiming that the defense couldn't possibly have been better this year. "Last year's defense won a championship, but this year's didn't, therefore last year's is better." That's a very problematic analysis.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #43
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

It is fun to see all the posters declaring the defense incompetent after just 1 or 2 games. With both Dirk and Odom finally hitting their strides, we still don't know how good this team can be. One great thing about RC. He knows that the time for the team to peak is not now, but in April. I look for him to have Wright playing at a high level by then, making out bench even stronger. Roddy might even mature into a JJB type change of pace guy.
Kudos to the MBT for putting such a team together purely on one year contracts. I would not believe it until I saw it with my own eyes.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #44
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

4rth in defensive effeciency so far, last year we were 7th.
But only 17th in offensive effeciency, last year we were 8th.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #45
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Here's the problem I see with the "our defense isn't as good as last year." Nobody who thinks that way is going to have any reason to admit otherwise unless the Mavs win another championship this year. That's a pretty steep barrier and a bit too results-oriented. The defense could be better and the Mavs still not win a title. Hell, the offense and defense could be a lot better (I'm not saying this is the case) and the Mavs still not win a title. That's sports.

Statistically, the defense is markedly better. That's not up for debate. Now, if it tanks late in the season or in the postseason, the comparison should fairly die, but if the defense performs very well and the Mavs nevertheless go out, say, in the second round, I think you'd see a lot of people eschewing the stats and claiming that the defense couldn't possibly have been better this year. "Last year's defense won a championship, but this year's didn't, therefore last year's is better." That's a very problematic analysis.
No we don't have to win the ring for me to change my mind. I do want to see some comebacks where we play shutdown d against a full roster that isn't playing with dead legs. I may not get that until the playoffs but there should be enough for my flawed eye test to pass. I want to see better pnr coverage.

The defense being markedly better doesn't compute for me right now. Why would it be so, we,certainly do not have significantly better defenders ( I guess except jjb ). I know for a,fact that scoring is down across the league by 4-5 ppg. I don't think teams are playing better d.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #46
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The defense being markedly better doesn't compute for me right now. Why would it be so, we,certainly do not have significantly better defenders ( I guess except jjb ). I know for a,fact that scoring is down across the league by 4-5 ppg. I don't think teams are playing better d.
Whether scoring is down across the league has nothing to do with the Mavs' improvement in relative defense rankings.

And to answer "why would it be so," you alluded to the answer yourself. Your eye test (and mine, and anyone's) doesn't always match up with objective reality. So far, the defense has been better. I don't know if it will continue, but we can all hope.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #47
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not like there's no logical basis for our defense to be improved. We replaced JJ's 20 minutes with West, and Peja/Cardinal's ~15 minutes with Odom/Carter. That's a massive upgrade in defensive talent and overall athleticism.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #48
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
It's not like there's no logical basis for our defense to be improved. We replaced JJ's 20 minutes with West, and Peja/Cardinal's ~15 minutes with Odom/Carter. That's a massive upgrade in defensive talent and overall athleticism.
To add on it, Haywood has really done a solid job being an anchor for the defense. You've changed your "sad" Haywood from last year into a two-headed monster of Ian and Wright.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #49
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post

+1. Too much Barkley rhetoric.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #50
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
This. How could the perimeter defense possibly be worse when it has upgraded? And while Wood & Tyson are different types of players, Wood has actually been better defensively than Tyson overall (career high 97 dtRG, vs. Ty's 102 last year).
Old 02-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #51
dude1394
Guru

I definitely have to give you Peja/jjb. But I have to subtract dsteve/ chandler.

Jet hasn't been very plugged in defensively IMO, nor the dirkster...but the stats say otherwise. Hmmmm..

I have always liked Haywood against big centers but he is still really slow and i want to see him against some good pnr teams with more dynamic scorers. Also more teams when the 3pt shot is forcing us to extend.

Wright is a good switch who gets up quickly...but he's really undersized...

I guess what I really want to see is us playing in the next few months as teams begin to get their act together.

I do like the way the team is scrambling around and I like delonte a bunch, so the stats may be more correct than my eyes.

Last edited by dude1394; 02-17-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #52
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

In my opinion, the Mavs defense is ridiculously good.

Haywood, Odom, Wright is an upgrade over Chandler/Haywood.

The Mavs do miss Butler and Stevenson on the perimeter but they also dropped the sieve name Peja and replaced him with an excellent defender in Odom.

VC isn't a consistent defender. But when he wants to be, he's a much better defender than Stevenson. In a close game, I'd take VC defense over Stevenson.

Barea had sometimes great offense but teams looked to exploit his size at times on defense.
Bynum4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #53
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
I definitely have to give you Peja/jjb. But I have to subtract dsteve/ chandler.

Jet hasn't been very plugged in defensively IMO, nor the dirkster...but the sets say otherwise. Hmmmm..

I have always liked Haywood against big centers but he is still really slow and i want to see him against some good pnr teams with more dynamic scoreres. Also more teams when the 3pt shot is forcing us to extend.

Wright is a good switch who gets up quickly...but he's really undersized...

I guess what I really want to see is us playing in the next few months as teams begin to get their act together.

I do like the way the team is scrambling around and I like delonte a bunch, soothe stats may be more correct than my eyes.
Dirk and Jet have been very good on defense this year. Especially Dirk. He's posting the 2nd best DRtg of his career at 99. Jet is posting a career best DRtg of 102. I'm just not sure what you're seeing.

Wright isn't huge, but it's not like there's many centers that could take advantage of him...I mean the dude is still 6'10. For bigger centers just don't play him against them.

Last edited by CadBane; 02-16-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #54
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynum4MVP View Post
In my opinion, the Mavs defense is ridiculously good.

Haywood, Odom, Wright is an upgrade over Chandler/Haywood.

The Mavs do miss Butler and Stevenson on the perimeter but they also dropped the sieve name Peja and replaced him with an excellent defender in Odom.

VC isn't a consistent defender. But when he wants to be, he's a much better defender than Stevenson. In a close game, I'd take VC defense over Stevenson.

Barea had sometimes great offense but teams looked to exploit his size at times on defense.
I wouldn't take Vince's defense over dsteves...but his two-way play makes him a very significant upgrade....and he is one huuuuuuuunnnnnnngry dude.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #55
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I wouldn't take Vince's defense over dsteves...but his two-way play makes him a very significant upgrade....and he is one huuuuuuuunnnnnnngry dude.
I agree that Stevenson is a much more consistent defender. Most of the time he's better on defense than VC.

But in a Finals game with a minute left in the fourth, I'd (personally) take VC on defense over Stevenson.

And as you said, offense+defense, it's pretty much VC.
Bynum4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #56
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Some thoughts and observations

I wanted to identify what I believe are the principal reasons for our improved defensive efficiency:
  1. teams are making about 3% fewer jumpshots against us this year
  2. teams are attempting more jumpshots against us than last year (up 1% from last year)
  3. teams are shooting 2% less from "close" range
  4. teams are attempting 1% fewer of these shots)
  5. teams are scoring later in the shot clock (better defensive transition)
  6. we're blocking more shots
  7. we're creating more turnovers
There's no good way I can think of to quantify the interconnectedness of these elements (e.g. better defensive transition may mean greater opportunity to create turnovers, forcing teams deeper into the clock may result in more jumpshots, but it's hard to measure the effect). So it's hard to see statistically what has caused the improvement: maybe we're more active in passing lanes? closing out harder? clogging the paint more and other teams are missing jumpshots? maybe we're having more dead-ball turnovers, causing fewer transition opportunities.

To my eye, it looks as if the Mavs
  1. are more actively clogging the paint and the passing lanes,
  2. are trapping harder on the baseline,
  3. are closing out more consistently and effectively on jumpshots (particularly Roddy, Delonte, Carter, and Marion), and
  4. have fewer open court turnovers
There's some other variables out there as well - there have been some absolutely putrid defensive games, and similarly poor offensive games from the competition, that can create a lot of noise here. here have been 2835 possessions over 30 games. Take out our two best defensive performances (Sacramento win and the Clippers loss) and our two worst ones (home win against Utah, early loss against Denver) and our efficiency #s probably look pretty different (though I'd have to pass this research on to J0shi or someone else to perform).

Good to see we have an improved defensive efficiency ranking so far. It will be interesting to see where this team ends up. (As much as I loved the guy,) not having JJB has helped us out quite a bit. Marion, Odom, Carter, Roddy - these guys are giving us a lot of length and good close-outs that are really lifting this team.

Dude did identify one evident problem - pick & roll defense. We're either allowing way too much penetration on 1-5 pick & rolls, as guys are finding it easier to turn a corner on our bigs. Dallas is allowing the fewest PPP for a pick and roll ball-handler, but that's because of solid initial defensive rotations. This hasn't bitten us in the ass nearly as much as it should (although it has lost us a couple of games) because of good close-out abilities by our 2-3-4 guys. But our 5 guys have been very slow recovering back to their man (the mavs are 24th in points scored by the roll-man), and with some more clever offensive spacing, this could be a real defensive vulnerability.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 02-16-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: formatting
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #57
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Dirk and Jet have been very good on defense this year. Especially Dirk. He's posting the 2nd best DRtg of his career at 99. Jet is posting a career best DRtg of 102. I'm just not sure what you're seeing.

Wright isn't huge, but it's not like there's many centers that could take advantage of him...I mean the dude is still 6'10. For bigger centers just don't play him against them.
But in a close game hack-a-wood is going to happen. Wright is a power forward with a centers game. He's pretty small. Aldridge for example beat him like a drum.

With respect to dirk I'm not seeing it until lately. He has been really slow of foot with no lift. Jet hasn't been very good for about five games now. His leg and fatigue probably has something to do with it.

Last edited by dude1394; 02-16-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #58
dude1394
Guru

Well shut my moff...

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...nsive-category

Mavs reach No. 1 in key defensive*category
February, 16, 2012
FEB 16
12:08
PM CT
EmailPrintComments
By Jeff Caplan
DALLAS -- After the Dallas Mavericks held the league's highest-scoring team to 20 points below its season average and to 35.7 percent shooting, Denver Nuggets coach George Karl couldn't help but state the obvious.

"Dallas has turned into an incredibly good defensive team," Karl said after Wednesday night's 102-84 Mavs win. "I think we’re a pretty good offensive team and we couldn’t find many things."

Karl's team was also playing extremely shorthanded with starters Danilo Gallinari, Nene and Timofey Mozgov all injured. Still, Shawn Marion and company limited explosive point guard Ty Lawson to a single field goal and three points and two assists.

The rest of the league is realizing that Dallas is one of the tougher defenses in the league to get good looks against and score against. In fact, they just might be the toughest.

The team that looked as disorganized defensively as any in the first two games now shares the top spot of the NBA rankings in field-goal defense. The Mavs and Los Angeles Lakers are both holding opponents to 41.7 percent shooting. That's better than the Boston Celtics (41.8), the Miami Heat (42.5), the Chicago Bulls (42.7) and the Philadelphia 76ers (42.1), Friday's hard-nosed opponent.

Dallas also continues to move up the rankings in points allowed, giving up 91.3, tied for fifth with the Orlando Magic. Only Boston (87.1), Philadelphia (87.3), Chicago (88.0) and the Los Angeles Lakers (90.5) give up fewer points on average.

During this season-high-tying five-game win streak, the Mavs have allowed 92.4 points and 40.4 percent shooting. At the other end, Dallas has averaged 100.8 points, a significant uptick for a team that's been middle of the pack at around 94 or 95 points a game.

"Right now our efficiency on offense really helps our defense," Mavs coach Rick Carlisle said after the Mavs shot 46.2 percent against Denver with 28 assists on 37 field goals. "It's going to be even more pronounced when we get on the road. It's important that we're tight in all areas. Philadelphia is going to be a different kind of team than [Denver] -- same kind of quickness, but a little different style."
Old 02-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #59
jjbarea
Banned

jjbarea is infamous around these partsjjbarea is infamous around these parts

I don't always win a championship, but when I do, I get lazy.
-Dirk Nowitzki.
jjbarea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #60
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
-Dirk Nowitzki.
This guy is the weirdest troll ever.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #61
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
-Dirk Nowitzki.
Funny... I'll take away a red box.

Holy Crap... Banned for that! Post nazis.

Last edited by dude1394; 02-19-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #62
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Funny... I'll take away a red box.
Seriously?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #63
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Seriously?
Yea... I thought it was funny. Sorta true also. Anyone would get pretty lazy after a decade long quest for his ultimate goal. It's not like he was playing for Phil jack zen and had shaq or David Robinson helping him out. It's been all on him for a decade. Playing first with nutty donn Nelson and then Avery. Pretty tough long slog.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #64
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Yea... I thought it was funny. Sorta true also. Anyone would get pretty lazy after a decade long quest for his ultimate goal. It's not like he was playing for Phil jack zen and had shaq or David Robinson helping him out. It's been all on him for a decade. Playing first with nutty donn Nelson and then Avery. Pretty tough long slog.
How the hell was Dirk "lazy"? Months after winning a ring he played for his f'ing country. After overcoming an injury, he's been fantastic. The dude is a troll who has been banned, btw.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #65
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
How the hell was Dirk "lazy"? Months after winning a ring he played for his f'ing country. After overcoming an injury, he's been fantastic. The dude is a troll who has been banned, btw.
Crap cad even holger said dirk was out of shape after the euros. Ive never heard him say anything like that. It was pretty obvious to me that the dirkster partied like he had won the world championship.

The nba is to blame for this cluster of a season, I honestly don't blame anyone for not coming in ready. The season should have started at least two weeks later and only been about 50 games.

I'm still shocked that someone got banned for a single post...pretty trigger happy IMO.

Last edited by dude1394; 02-19-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #66
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Crap cad even holger said dirk was out of shape after the euros. Ive never heard him say anything like that. It was pretty obvious to me that the dirkster partied like he had won the world championship.

The nba is to blame for this cluster of a season, I honestly don't blame anyone for not coming in ready. The season should have started at least two weeks later and only been about 50 games.

I'm still shocked that someone got banned for a single post...pretty trigger happy IMO.
He was a repeat user, I think. He has trolled the forum under several accounts.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #67
dude1394
Guru

We are starting to see power forward as center in ending games. Sure it's wright and he's called a center..but as many mentioned he could not handle Tyson. He jumps well and is a pretty good off ball defender of shots...but his rebounding and bulk is very suspect.

I am concerned that as the rest of the league gets its offensive act together the Mavs defense will come back to earth. Yesterday it was not so good...dantonis teams will do that to you. Need to see the defense stay solid. Wright ending games is concerning.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #68
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Our defence is very good so far.Haywood has been doing his best.Marion is perfect so far.Dirk also play good D.
We don't need worry about our D.Our offence gmes sucks.

Rick should play more:
Kidd
Carter
Terry
Nowitzki
Wright

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #69
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
Our defence is very good so far.Haywood has been doing his best.Marion is perfect so far.Dirk also play good D.
We don't need worry about our D.Our offence gmes sucks.

Rick should play more:
Kidd
Carter
Terry
Nowitzki
Wright
Right..take out our best defender and the only one not named dirk that rebounds and posts up. Yea...genious.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #70
redzwestisbest

redzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynum4MVP View Post
Odom is a very good to elite defender. Just go back to the old Lakers game logs and you'll see it is very rare that a Power Forward abused the Lakers.

Even through his offensive struggles early in the season his defense was ok.

When you watch the games now, you'll see that the guy LO is primarily assigned to won't score much. When somebody scores on LO, it's usually a guy that LO is helping on like a point guard or Center. LO plays especially good defense on Blake Griffin and Kevin Love.
This made me chuckle. Odom a very good/elite defender?! Lamar gets to play over half his minutes against the other team's second unit since he basically got with the Lakers. And the last sentence is awesome..

Blake and Love had some poor games against the Lakers, but Odom played like 25 mpg in them and played half of his minutes without Love or Blake on the floor.

Last edited by redzwestisbest; 02-21-2012 at 01:58 PM.
redzwestisbest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hastily made thread