Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-12-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future
Default Report: Fisher agrees to deal with Lakers

Quote:
Report: Fisher agrees to deal with Lakers

July 12, 2007
CBS SportsLine.com staff and wire reports

Derek Fisher is poised to return to the Lakers, having agreed to a three-year contract worth nearly $14 million, the Riverside Press-Enterprise said Thursday, citing league sources.

The point guard's deal with the Lakers will start at $4.3 million, the Press-Enterprise said, which leaves the team space under the midlevel exception of $5.3 million.

Fisher, 32, spent the first eight years of his career with the Lakers, playing for three championship teams from 2000-02.

There are a few hurdles before the deal can go through. Fisher's deal with the Utah Jazz must be amended from more than $20 million to zero dollars. Then, there will be another seven-day wait until he clears waivers. As of Wednesday, the Jazz had not filed any paperwork regarding his release.

Fisher has been searching for a city where there is adequate health care for his 11-month-old daughter Tatum, who has cancer in her left eye. Los Angeles is one place where such health care for her condition, retinoblastoma, is available.
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/10254460
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2007, 05:33 PM   #2
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Happy to see him able to pursue his love of the game and stay close to his daughter. Probably the best case scenario for him and his family. As long as the money keeps coming in, he can be sure his daughter gets the best care possible.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

isn't it a shame you have to make millions a year to ensure the best health care though.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

The following comment is without regard to his daughter, whom we all hope for a successful treatment....

But this kind of sucks for the Jazz, I mean they get no trade consideration or compensation like a 2nd round pick or anything. It almost circumvents the salary cap except that a player would have to clear waivers in order to be picked up.

I'm sure the players around the league will have great thoughts for the Jazz allowing Fisher to go and deal with this situation in this manner.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the Jazz lost a REALLY clutch playoff shooter for essentially nothing. I guess they are banking on Dee Brown to fill that spot Fisher will leave behind.

As for the Lakers, does he become their starting PG now?

I can see why Kobe gets upset. They have Farmer, Fisher, and just drafted another PG with their first pick.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 07-13-2007 at 11:28 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
isn't it a shame you have to make millions a year to ensure the best health care though.
not really
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:27 PM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber
The following comment is without regard to his daughter, whom we all hope for a successful treatment....

But this kind of sucks for the Jazz, I mean they get no trade consideration or compensation like a 2nd round pick or anything. It almost circumvents the salary cap except that a player would have to clear waivers in order to be picked up.

I'm sure the players around the league will have great thoughts for the Jazz allowing Fisher to go and deal with this situation in this manner.
Assuming the Jazz are free and clear of his contract this is a pretty sweet deal for them. He was overpaid for what he provides. This free's up room to sign a better player.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #8
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
not really
You may want to explain yourself on that.

I agree with bobatundi.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-13-2007 at 06:16 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:36 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the 'ape. Since when is it a "right" to have the most expensive health care available? Should the foremost doctor of anything be forced to do his work without getting as much for his services as he can? Ridiculous.

We shouldn't force anyone to provide their services for a set price if they don't want to.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:31 AM   #10
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
You may want to explain yourself on that.

I agree with bobatundi.
We're not in Canada =/

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote