Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #41
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, shit's about to get real.

GO MAVS!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #42
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot how annoying Thunderfan was last year. No other place to go?
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #43
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Those 3 players for OKC probably have no match in the NBA from a physical standpoint. Rose probably matches RW, but my point is Dallas has absolutely no physical means to stop either of those 3 from penetrating. Dallas knows this. Dallas knows that, at times, they have no choice but to foul. And they do. It's also why they play zone. Are there ever phantom foul calls? Of course. Does KD ever get the benefit of the whistle? Of course. Does Dirk? Of course. Dallas attempts 6 fewer FT's per game than OKC. For two teams whose style of play is so dramatically different, that's a fairly insignificant number. Again, where is Dallas attempting its FG's? Look, Dallas plays such a dramatically different style of game that, when a Dallas fan sits and watches OKC and sees OKC going to the line a lot, I guess it might be easy to call BS and assume some ridiculous conspiracy theory and assume the role of the victim. I just don't get it. Why does Cleveland shoot so many FTs? And Minnesota? Hell, Minnesota took TWICE the FT's OKC did in a recent game. Noone in OKC was calling BS and calling Minnesota Stern's baby. It's how that game played out and a reflection of Minnesota's style as well.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #44
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Delonte wasn't present at the afternoon shootaround. Despite that, I'd be surprised if he didn't at least try to play tonight. No idea how much of an issue it is right now other than the fact he's been vomiting a lot.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 04-28-2012 at 01:49 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #45
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I forgot how annoying Thunderfan was last year. No other place to go?
Yep, forgot that too. Damn...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #46
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

If I'm annoying, block me. I don't care. I'm not disrespecting anyone here.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #47
thunderfan

I'm sorry. I think Dallas has some great players, but I'm just real sorry if your average starter has like 10 years on every one of OKCs and you can't guard any of them one on one. Does it mean you can't win the game or series? No - clearly you won it all last year, but it means, along the way, that you're going to end up putting a lot of fouls on a team like that. How could you NOT?? You guys are just seeing a FT disparity and calling BS - which I think is BS.

Last edited by thunderfan; 04-28-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #48
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Durant is by far the most protected player in the NBA. Everyone outside of Oklahoma knows this. Now quit posting here.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #49
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Thunderfan has more posts in this thread than anyone else already. And his team's name really sucks.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 04-28-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #50
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Cheat vs NL Knicks (NL = No Lin) starting right now.

Ladies and gentlemen, the 2012 playoffs have begun.

To me this season felt longer than some other 82 game seasons for some reason.

Announcers just reminded me Baron Davis is playing in his first playoff game since he helped GS beat us.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-28-2012 at 02:40 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #51
thunderfan

Hey I show respect either way. Agree to disagree. Look at the green under my name. I don't come here and talk **** and then disappear when my team loses
Old 04-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #52
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

MIA vs. NY should be an EPIC series. Let's hope MIA loses in 7.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #53
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Cheat vs NL Knicks (NL = No Lin) starting right now.

Ladies and gentlemen, the 2012 playoffs have begun.

To me this season felt longer than some other 82 game seasons for some reason.
There was already a game played, where the reigning MVP might have sustained an injury that costs the Bulls a championship. I think really they begun a few hours ago.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #54
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
There was already a game played, where the reigning MVP might have sustained an injury that costs the Bulls a championship. I think really they begun a few hours ago.
Oh I missed that totally, I was out and about.

Injured knee with 1:10 left in the game, ouch. Oh well don't care, not a Bulls fan.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-28-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #55
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

The Heat will sweep the Knicks
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #56
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

what can I tell you...just win it
Go Mavs
F the Thunder!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #57
Skeme99

Skeme99 will become famous soon enough

Another chance to prove all the naysayers wrong. Go Mavericks!!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #58
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

NY looks so talented on paper, but they are so freakin soft and stupid.

And james is absolutely DISGUSTING. Such a flopping actress.

Last edited by markus1234; 04-28-2012 at 03:39 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #59
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 104
Thunder 91

Dirk scores 31
JET scores 24
Vince puts in 17

Game is won in the first half when Dirk and Vince draw 4 early fouls on Serge Ibaka and Mavs take a double digit lead into halftime. RW scores 19 points on 7-28 from the field.

"Experts" say not to worry 'cause Thunder will win four in a row. Mavs fans remember similar tomfoolery from last years "experts".
Old 04-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #60
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the playoffs.

Chuck Norris has been waiting.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #61
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Go Mavs!!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #62
Capt.Obvious

Capt.Obvious is on a distinguished road

I'm so exited!!! Finally the playoffs arrived!

And again the mavs are given the role of the underdog. this season they were missing the strechtes of consitent good play, which they had last year, so it is probably deserved.
Still if every mavs manage to bring their best on the floor tonight, they can suprise alot of people and get this done. They have to click as a unit though and everyone neeeds to show up. *thumbs pressed*

Last edited by Capt.Obvious; 04-28-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Capt.Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #63
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Lets get it done boys.

Excited to see what this team is made of. I believe.

Good thing "Iblocka" aint got shit on Dirk.

Last edited by OneLove22; 04-28-2012 at 04:53 PM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #64
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Delonte being sick is a huge issue.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #65
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
Those 3 players for OKC probably have no match in the NBA from a physical standpoint. Rose probably matches RW, but my point is Dallas has absolutely no physical means to stop either of those 3 from penetrating. Dallas knows this. Dallas knows that, at times, they have no choice but to foul. And they do. It's also why they play zone. Are there ever phantom foul calls? Of course. Does KD ever get the benefit of the whistle? Of course. Does Dirk? Of course. Dallas attempts 6 fewer FT's per game than OKC. For two teams whose style of play is so dramatically different, that's a fairly insignificant number. Again, where is Dallas attempting its FG's? Look, Dallas plays such a dramatically different style of game that, when a Dallas fan sits and watches OKC and sees OKC going to the line a lot, I guess it might be easy to call BS and assume some ridiculous conspiracy theory and assume the role of the victim. I just don't get it. Why does Cleveland shoot so many FTs? And Minnesota? Hell, Minnesota took TWICE the FT's OKC did in a recent game. Noone in OKC was calling BS and calling Minnesota Stern's baby. It's how that game played out and a reflection of Minnesota's style as well.
I still think Durant is Stern's gay lover.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #66
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Our injury luck suggests that Marion will also miss a game or two of the series.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #67
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Get this old stinky sticky outta here!

Woopss...to much beer too early!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 04-28-2012 at 05:31 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #68
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Damn Rose tore his ACL. Hate to see that. Also, I hate Miami.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #69
CaseyJones

CaseyJones will become famous soon enough

What's up with the overdone Chuck Norris jokes in this forum?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #70
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Yeah... unlikely they can steal this one without him.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #71
OneLove22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
Playoff time.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #72
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
I concur. +rep
Old 04-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #73
thunderfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I still think Durant is Stern's gay lover.
Now there's an image to get stuck in your head!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #74
thunderfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
Lets get it done boys.

Excited to see what this team is made of. I believe.

Good thing "Iblocka" aint got shit on Dirk.
I'm not aware of anyone that really does have shit in Dirk
Old 04-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #75
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
I concur.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #76
OneLove22

Quote:
I'm aware Dirk eats up Ibaka better than many of the "elite" defenders put on him.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #77
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

I agree that the big issue is how the refs let OKC defend(manhandle) Dirk. But if that crap starts up, Dirk has to FORCE the issue and keep backing his defender down until they call a foul one way or the other. He also has to spin and drive if the defender is all over him, reaching and grabbing.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #78
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Back from my month-long NBA break and ****, i'm pumped as hell for this postseason. It's us against the world once again...let's do this!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #79
thunderfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
I'm aware Dirk eats up Ibaka better than many of the "elite" defenders put on him.
Ibaka sometimes struggles with perimeter oriented power forwards. I think he's more equipped to defend Dirk than he has been in the past, but I suspect we will see OKC mix it up defensively on Dirk unless Ibaka somehow defends him well or Dirk just comes out cold.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #80
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

"Ibaka should name his first kid after Dirk" - J. VanGundy
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote