Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #721
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Como11 View Post
Thats the series.

I told you guys we were losing this series. No way we are coming back 2-0.
Nah... We got them right where we want them, overconfident...

All the Thunder did was defend home court, for now... After these two games, I have no reason to believe that the Mavs won't do the same... Both games were extremely close, home court put the Thunder over the top in games 1 and 2, I expect similar results for the Mavs in Dallas...

A lot of players could have played better for Dallas... And while I'm very disappointed in losing both games, they've fought like champions... And some credit has to be given to the Thunder, they're a very good team... I never thought this series was going to be easy, but it also isn't over, not by a long shot...

Mavs in 7........
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #722
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimBig View Post
Did OKC hit one field goal in the last few minutes of the game? Disgusting.
Free throws do just about make the nba unwatchable.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #723
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Not devastated. Lost both games. Definitely had our chances. If Kidd 3 goes in game 1 to go up 10 we win. If Dirk in goes in game 2 to go up 4 we win. Both were wide open looks. We have been right there. Anyone saying this series is over didn't watch our run last year. Time to go home, take care of business get it back to 2-2 and strap up!

Anyone who is giving up or saying this series is over didn't watch last years playoffs because if you did you would know giving up at any point isn't an option. So quit your bitching get behind the ball club for game 3 and LETS GO! All OKC did was what they were supposed to do like every team that has home court. They didn't do anything out of the norm. Come on now! Cut the bullshit!

Last edited by Dale4Saul2Red0; 04-30-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:44 PM   #724
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

OKC won't even play half as good on the road. And the Mavs play a million times better at home. I think we will take both home games and then we'd have to steal 1 of 2 in OKC.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #725
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Good fucking Lord it's hard to post on these forums during playoff time, takes so long to load.

Anyway... lol @ Jet at the end with both 3's. Of course Jet does that, I'm not even shocked.
Dirk was open for the second one too... Then again, I'm not sure they would've had time to get it to him, it's hard to make the perfect play in a situation like that...
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #726
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyuptx View Post
Hell yeah... Mavs in 6 (yep, 6).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-30-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #727
SchumiWDC

SchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to all

I agree with you guys. The AAC will be rockin' and we definitely have a great shot at tying this series up and putting the pressure back on them. Kendrick Perkins also needs to get an earful from the crowd.
SchumiWDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #728
CaseyJones

CaseyJones will become famous soon enough

Jet and Dirk (Jet more than anyone) is a beast at home in the playoffs, I'm still confident we can come back and steal our home games.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #729
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
I haven't posted in a while, but this shit is ridiculous. You aren't fan of the Mavericks, you are a fan of yourself. Fans are heartbroken, while you are proud of having no faith. Bringing your ass in here to brag about calling a loss in the playoffs....GTFO
true
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #730
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

After the first two games, I can say that we're much better than our record (36-30) shows. This is the best 7th seeded team in the history of the league. This series is far from over and is going full 7 games for sure. And only in that 7th game is where the experience factor shows up.

Last edited by adonis; 05-01-2012 at 12:12 AM.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #731
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

No doubt we can still get this. I'm with our guys till the end. Can't believe some of the things I am reading.

Can't stand people saying can't wait for JET to get out of Dallas and stuf like this blah blah blah. HOW BOUT YOU GET OUT OF DALLAS!!

JET is our boy.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #732
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
No doubt we can still get this. I'm with our guys till the end. Can't believe some of the things I am reading.

Can't stand people saying can't wait for JET to get out of Dallas and stuf like this blah blah blah. HOW BOUT YOU GET OUT OF DALLAS!!

JET is our boy.
Very embarrassed to consider myself a part of this fan base with people saying stuff like that when he was such a key piece in us winning a title last year. No matter if JET goes out completely sucking in a Mavs uniform it's ridiculous for every single fan not to love and respect the man for the happiness he helped bring this organization.

No excuse for some of the filth being displayed on here tonight.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 AM   #733
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I am wondering how much the signing of Odom is hurting us now. Would we have signed another decent forward instead of him, someone who can back up Dirk and put some more points on the board, that could've have been huge in these two games. There's a big hole when Dirk goes to the bench and as good as Marion is, he can't do it all.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:07 AM   #734
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Simply a wasted year.

Too many wasted years in Dirks' career....Too much time spent with Toine, Jamison, Brickhouse, Damp, Diop, Josh, Avery, Odom, old Carter and so on...

Time to give him finally a loaded roster with all star help, where he (Durant like) can take open jumpshots and not one legged fadeaways vs two defenders. It is a joke how hard Dirk needs to work to take a decent shot.

Last edited by markus1234; 05-01-2012 at 01:11 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #735
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Too many wasted years in Dirks' career...
Dirk's career has been great so far - he's carried his team to the playoffs for a dozen years straight, won the MVP award, qualified for the All-Star and All-NBA teams 11 times each, made it to the Finals twice and won a championship, including the Finals MVP... A lot of NBA greats can't say the same thing, and Dirk still has plenty of years ahead of him.

You're the worst kind of fan.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-01-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:37 AM   #736
Samurai

Samurai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
Fucking Thunder bandwagon fans
http://daly-tribe.com/Humor/if_celebrities_moved.htm
Old 05-01-2012, 01:56 AM   #737
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
Very embarrassed to consider myself a part of this fan base with people saying stuff like that when he was such a key piece in us winning a title last year. No matter if JET goes out completely sucking in a Mavs uniform it's ridiculous for every single fan not to love and respect the man for the happiness he helped bring this organization.

No excuse for some of the filth being displayed on here tonight.

I may not be able to guarantee JET's defense all the time anymore.

However, I will guarantee you that JET will have the AAC rocking like it's nobody's business when we return home.

If you can't enjoy that, then, quite frankly I don't know why you are watching basketball or this team.

Last edited by OneLove22; 05-01-2012 at 01:57 AM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:01 AM   #738
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

Dallas is far from done in this series but they need to defend home court.

OKC got lucky in both games, especially considering the refs gifted them game 2. They miss the extremely obvious smack to Dirk in the face(right in front of an official).

Im not one to complain about refs, but the refs in OKC were terrible.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:03 AM   #739
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

Dallas dominated the paint 40 points to 18 and we committed two less fouls and somehow OKC shot 39 free throw attempts?

Where was the call on Dirk before the technical foul where he took a cheap shot to the face?

They called a blocking foul on Marion and a charge on Dallas when it was the same exact play(guy driving the hoop hit the outside of the defender) except the OKC guy wasn't even set.

officials in Oklahoma City gifted them that game.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #740
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Dirk's career has been great so far - he's carried his team to the playoffs for a dozen years straight, won the MVP award, qualified for the All-Star and All-NBA teams 11 times each, made it to the Finals twice and won a championship, including the Finals MVP... A lot of NBA greats can't say the same thing, and Dirk still has plenty of years ahead of him.

You're the worst kind of fan.
Yes, Dirk won despite being surrounded with a rookie coach during his prime and a bunch of non all stars for too many yrs....

You're the worst kind of whatever.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #741
kurtkbain

kurtkbain is a jewel in the roughkurtkbain is a jewel in the roughkurtkbain is a jewel in the roughkurtkbain is a jewel in the rough
Default Shawn Marion "foul" on James Harden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG4vjhmcpYc

Ok, I know we didn't lose because of the refs, but where is the foul??
kurtkbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #742
markus1234
Platinum Member

Sometimes refs simply do not respect the game

What Marion does on D (staying in front of his man) is pretty much similar to spectacular offensive plays.... and in the end he gets no reward for his great defense. It sucks.

Last edited by markus1234; 05-01-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #743
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtkbain View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG4vjhmcpYc

Ok, I know we didn't lose because of the refs, but where is the foul??
You cannot see anything from that angle. But you may be correct the Mavs may not have wanted to foul immediately.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #744
Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these parts

apparently nobody hates the officials more than carlisle, cuban, and the mavericks fans. I wonder if the officials know that. I mean according to any mavs fan they'd be undefeated if it werent for the officials.

Last edited by Midnight Toker; 05-01-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Midnight Toker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #745
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

First off, excuse my absence from posting on this board since GDTs on our run last year. I've been lurking instead.

Now to the point of why I have signed in for the first time in a long while...

I am sick and tired of the so-called "fans" on this board who are waiving their white flags. This team, OUR team, just fought their asses off for two games in arguably one of the tougher arenas to play in nowadays. Sure, boneheaded mistakes and plays have led many to become irate, but how quickly we forget last year. It happens; OKC had their fair share, too.

Now, on to JET. He did, indeed, make some mental errors that seemingly cost us the game, or at least the lead, more than once last night. But don't sit here and dog on him and say "can't wait for him to be gone." Do you realize where the Mavs would be without him? My best guess would be watching at home, not playing their hearts out in the playoffs.

We are not "done" by a long shot. We just played two games down to the wire that were filled with intensity and were a thrill to watch and be a part of as a fan. If you can't appreciate that and acknowledge that this team is coming home, to the AAC, playing like they are, and still don't think we are in this, then please do us a favor and stop posting. Feel free to come back afterwards, but until then take the negativity and BS elsewhere.

There is a lot to look forward to with the Mavs coming home. I'd love to stick it to Westbrook, Perkins, and Collison, again. I used to like Harden, but he is letting Westbrook's cockiness rub off on him...

That's all for now...cheers to the true fans on here who realize it's a privilege to at least be in this position to play for a chance a back to back championships.

Let's Go Mavs!

Last edited by saclare; 05-01-2012 at 09:08 AM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #746
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Props to the guys for fighting last night, and to the coach for keeping their fire lit. After the Jason Terry 28 footer early in the shot clock in the second quarter, while OKC was pushing the lead to 16, I really thought the team was ready to fold it in, and I wouldn't have blamed them

As a player, it's gotta be demoralizing to watch key players dropped, see yourself or your teammates in contract limbo, endure a ridiculously condensed season and injuries, endure Lamar Odom trying to derail the team, and get punched in the face early by a team with younger legs and a raucous crowd after a heartbreaking loss in game 1. At that point, lesser men would be content to rest on their laurels, lick their wounds, and head home. I'm sure after going through all that, a weaker team would have just folded it in (like Miami in the finals and the Lakers in the second round). I'm proud of this team for fighting, and I admire Carlisle for helping them believe they can win any game. If this is the swan song for this core, I'm glad it's like this and not like New Orleans or Golden State, where the team just quit on their coach.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #747
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Props to the guys for fighting last night, and to the coach for keeping their fire lit. After the Jason Terry 28 footer early in the shot clock in the second quarter, while OKC was pushing the lead to 16, I really thought the team was ready to fold it in, and I wouldn't have blamed them

As a player, it's gotta be demoralizing to watch key players dropped, see yourself or your teammates in contract limbo, endure a ridiculously condensed season and injuries, endure Lamar Odom trying to derail the team, and get punched in the face early by a team with younger legs and a raucous crowd after a heartbreaking loss in game 1. At that point, lesser men would be content to rest on their laurels, lick their wounds, and head home. I'm sure after going through all that, a weaker team would have just folded it in (like Miami in the finals and the Lakers in the second round). I'm proud of this team for fighting, and I admire Carlisle for helping them believe they can win any game. If this is the swan song for this core, I'm glad it's like this and not like New Orleans or Golden State, where the team just quit on their coach.
Now that is a fan post and accurate. The Mavs aren't, quitting, sulking or anything. They are playing their ass off and getting beat.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #748
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Toker View Post
apparently nobody hates the officials more than carlisle, cuban, and the mavericks fans. I wonder if the officials know that. I mean according to any mavs fan they'd be undefeated if it werent for the officials.
In typical Thunder fashion, Thunder fans and organization members avoid addressing the plain and evident truth underlying the foul complaints. Interestingly, no one has ever disputed that the Thunder are, in fact, getting away with ridiculous, obvious fouls against Nowitzki while being rewarded for much lesser contact on the other end. Since you're conceding that the refs gave you the game, I guess we're on the same page.

But be careful. When you're in your first finals, maybe this year or some years down the line and an opposing player earns an insane amount of phantom free throws while Durant is getting mugged... or maybe when you're in a second round series and you intentionally foul a player and the refs ignore it, and then that player hits a wide open three because everyone on the court assumed the foul was called... or perhaps when your team loses 17 straight playoff games over a decade that one specific referee calls... then you can talk. But you haven't had an NBA team long enough to gain this perspective, son. When you're older, you'll understand.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 05-01-2012 at 09:59 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #749
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
I haven't posted in a while, but this shit is ridiculous. You aren't fan of the Mavericks, you are a fan of yourself. Fans are heartbroken, while you are proud of having no faith. Bringing your ass in here to brag about calling a loss in the playoffs....GTFO
Oh man. So much this. Rep.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #750
Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
In typical Thunder fashion, Thunder fans and organization members avoid addressing the plain and evident truth underlying the foul complaints. Interestingly, no one has ever disputed that the Thunder are, in fact, getting away with ridiculous, obvious fouls against Nowitzki while being rewarded for much lesser contact on the other end. Since you're conceding that the refs gave you the game, I guess we're on the same page.

But be careful. When you're in your first finals, maybe this year or some years down the line and an opposing player earns an insane amount of phantom free throws while Durant is getting mugged... or maybe when you're in a second round series and you intentionally foul a player and the refs ignore it, and then that player hits a wide open three because everyone on the court assumed the foul was called... or perhaps when your team loses 17 straight playoff games over a decade that one specific referee calls... then you can talk. But you haven't had an NBA team long enough to gain this perspective, son. When you're older, you'll understand.
I may not have had a team to root for but I have been watching nba long before the Thunder came into existence. ITs no secret that officiating can be questionable at times. The thing is it happens to everyone. IT's like football, if you look close enough you can call holding on just about every play; and in basketball, if you look closely you can probably call a foul on just about every play. In the playoffs they let them play a little bit more- which is fine if they call it both ways. I noticed no calls or phantom calls go for and against both teams. It's easy to ignore the ones that go against the other team, and focus on the ones that go against yours. But believe me, its evident on both sides. The difference is dallas is more vocal and whiny about it, while other teams just accept it and go. In retrospect, looking at things, what good does it do to complain? On the court, you risk getting a T and pissing off that official. After the game you risk fines and public scrutiny, and eventually people will just call you a baby. I say that because there's nothing you can do to change it, everyone watched the game, everyone can review it, including the NBA. Anyway, a lot of that is subjective, and if Brooks complained every time things went against Thunder you'd know what I'm talking about, but it's hard to really be objective when it comes to this. I get that.
Midnight Toker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #751
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyuptx View Post

Jeez - if anyone on the OKC club is confident, they need to check themselves. They have pretty much zero reason to be overconfident. They barely escaped both games and played like a$$ for long stretches of both games.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #752
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Toker View Post
I may not have had a team to root for but I have been watching nba long before the Thunder came into existence. ITs no secret that officiating can be questionable at times. The thing is it happens to everyone. IT's like football, if you look close enough you can call holding on just about every play; and in basketball, if you look closely you can probably call a foul on just about every play. In the playoffs they let them play a little bit more- which is fine if they call it both ways. I noticed no calls or phantom calls go for and against both teams. It's easy to ignore the ones that go against the other team, and focus on the ones that go against yours. But believe me, its evident on both sides. The difference is dallas is more vocal and whiny about it, while other teams just accept it and go. In retrospect, looking at things, what good does it do to complain? On the court, you risk getting a T and pissing off that official. After the game you risk fines and public scrutiny, and eventually people will just call you a baby. I say that because there's nothing you can do to change it, everyone watched the game, everyone can review it, including the NBA. Anyway, a lot of that is subjective, and if Brooks complained every time things went against Thunder you'd know what I'm talking about, but it's hard to really be objective when it comes to this. I get that.
Whiny? Geez, you haven't seen enough of the NBA, Watch the Heat and Knicks, all game long, Baron, Melo, Lebron, Wade all up in the refs face, almost at every dead ball. Thunder, geez, I think we on the board and everyone attending the game should actually call these guys the Sonics. WE should change all of our threads with reference to Thunder, to the Sonics.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #753
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
Jeez - if anyone on the OKC club is confident, they need to check themselves. They have pretty much zero reason to be overconfident. They barely escaped both games and played like a$$ for long stretches of both games.
I don't know, isn't Durant shooting like 33%, hate to be us when he decides to bring his percentage up. On our side, Dirk is shooting 48% averaging 28 points....down 2-0 to show for it.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #754
Dale4Saul2Red0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I don't know, isn't Durant shooting like 33%, hate to be us when he decides to bring his percentage up. On our side, Dirk is shooting 48% averaging 28 points....down 2-0 to show for it.
Decides to bring his % up? Right now we're doing a good job defensively on KD, and I don't think we're doing completely awful on RW. Although we need to get our hand up and knock him off his rhythm with that elbow jumper, we want a guy like that to take shots all day. He's more dangerous when he gets to the rack and it also opens up KD's game. Our strategy for the most part has been fine on defense, we've done what we've needed to do to win the game, it's the bad offensive execution at crucial moments which is killing us. And even then Kidd and Dirk both had wide open 3's that would have put a dagger in both of the games. Game of inches.

Last edited by Dale4Saul2Red0; 05-01-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #755
Dale4Saul2Red0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
You cannot see anything from that angle. But you may be correct the Mavs may not have wanted to foul immediately.
I think the reaction of everyone is very telling though. Can't say if it was a foul either way though. Kidd looked like he thought about going Rondo for a second. That was very little contact for the ball to go flying like that which makes me think Harden anticipated contact, didn't get what he thought, lost the ball and threw his body to draw the foul.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #756
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Prior to about the last 2 games of the season, Westbrook couldn't hit that pull up 15 footer to save his life. He finally snapped out of it. If he's not hitting that shot pretty consistently these first 2 games, it doesn't look too pretty with KD not exactly lighting it up with his matchup.

I don't really have a response for the Sonics comment. I don't really give a ****. Call them whatever you want.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #757
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
NO! You guys are going to be the ones losing!!!!!!!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote