Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #41
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
You've got to do a hell of a lot better than that. Possibly go back to westbrook splitting two players in the lane, not being touched and diving headfirst into the lane for a call. That was a push in the back on a rebound attempt. Obvious foul.
I would assume you are being sarcastic by saying that was an obvious foul on Derek Fisher. If you aren't being sarcastic, I really don't have a response to such stupidity.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
I would assume you are being sarcastic by saying that was an obvious foul on Derek Fisher. If you aren't being sarcastic, I really don't have a response to such stupidity.
Then you are an idiot. It was too fouls actually. The first being rooted out with his knee is almost always called. The second was a shove in the back with his forearm to get the rebound.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #43
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Players should all flop and be right upfront about it. It works so do it. Until the refs start going back AFTER the game and accessing fines nothing will change.
I'm all for that too.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #44
thunderfan

There are players who are man enough not to flop. Some people actually care about not coming across as a P*****. Not wanting to be a P**** would be incentive enough for me not to flop. I guess some people it will take a monetary fine to stop. Apparently, you condone players being P******.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #45
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are players who are man enough not to flop. Some people actually care about not coming across as a P*****. Not wanting to be a P**** would be incentive enough for me not to flop. I guess some people it will take a monetary fine to stop. Apparently, you condone players being P******.
Yea? Like this guy, who basically had a new rule recently implemented in the league because of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUDuCL_Ady4

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #46
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
More crap...Players who don't flop get the wrong end of the stick. MVP lebron almost got the opposing teams center thrown out because of a flop. The spurs have won 4 championships with floppers. It has nothing to do with being a *****, it has everything to do with how the NBA is played. And how getting to the line has become the mark of a great player.

If you didn't flop, you wouldn't be as good of an nba player, period. Pierce is a *****, Duncan is a *****, ginobbli is a *****, lebron is a *****, diva is a *****.

Face it dude, everyone in the nba who isn't 7' 290 pounds sells calls and even they try to. They maybe didn't used to but since the nba has become a ft shooting contest and players just dive into other players and get calls, that's what it is.

I guess the entire league is a bunch of *****. Durant, westbrook, harden, fisher.. all ******s.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #47
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yea? Like this guy, who basically had a new rule recently implemented in the league because of it?

Well as thunder said, he's just a *****.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #48
thunderfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post

I'll just assume this is the "rip move". I can't view the link. That's not flopping. That's an illegal shooting motion that gives him an unfair advantage and was made illegal (as it should be!). WAY different. He's not being breathed on and flying all over the damn court like a P****. Again, apples and oranges. I'm talking about P****** who can't stand their ground and get a rebound over a guy a foot shorter than them, but rather decide to fly out of bounds on their own power.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #49
thunderfan

Quote:
I guess the entire league is a bunch of *****. Durant, westbrook, harden, fisher.. all ******s.
You guessed right. Some more than others.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #50
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I'll just assume this is the "rip move". I can't view the link. That's not flopping. That's an illegal shooting motion that gives him an unfair advantage and was made illegal (as it should be!). WAY different. He's not being breathed on and flying all over the damn court like a P****. Again, apples and oranges. I'm talking about P****** who can't stand their ground and get a rebound over a guy a foot shorter than them, but rather decide to fly out of bounds on their own power.
Oh you mean that shawn shoved him so hard he went horizontall there? Let's just face it, your ***** are some of the worst floppers on the planet.

Dirk would easily have gotten that rebound if he hadn't been shoved in the back..period. Your angle sucks number one as you only see fischer from the back and you don't know how much extension he did. And you neglect the obvious knee rooting that also went on.

What I really think is that there is some ***** posting going on with this one.

I didn't realize you didn't see the link. He did exactly this: "being breathed on and flying all over the damn court like a P****."

Last edited by dude1394; 05-01-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #51
thunderfan

Quote:
Oh you mean that shawn shoved him so hard he went horizontall there? Let's just face it, your ***** are some of the worst floppers on the planet.

Dirk would easily have gotten that rebound if he hadn't been shoved in the back..period. Your angle sucks number one as you only see fischer from the back and you don't know how much extension he did. And you neglect the obvious knee rooting that also went on.

What I really think is that there is some ***** posting going on with this one.

I didn't realize you didn't see the link. He did exactly this: "being breathed on and flying all over the damn court like a P****."
Then he needs to quit being a P****. I don't care who it is. As I stated many posts before, this isn't about Dirk, it's about the issue in general. I used that one call as an example.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #52
thunderfan

You made this into a Dallas vs OKC thing, not me. Find a post where I claim OKC players don't do it and Dallas players do. You won't find it. Quit taking my post, mixing it up in your mind, and turning it into something it's not.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #53
dude1394
Guru

You've made it into some sort of macho head game. ****** flop but real men don't. It's bullcrap and you coming one here calling dirk a ***** doesn't sit well with me.

You want to talk about flopping, go to the nba section and yack on about it all you want. But coming here calling dirk a ***** while you root for a team full of ****** is the real ***** move.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #54
dude1394
Guru

And as I've stated, I thought it was a foul. If it wasn't called and fisher got the rebound because of it, who would be the idiot? Why dirk would of course because that is how,the game is reffed.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #55
thunderfan

Quote:
You've made it into some sort of macho head game. ****** flop but real men don't. It's bullcrap and you coming one here calling dirk a ***** doesn't sit well with me.

You want to talk about flopping, go to the nba section and yack on about it all you want. But coming here calling dirk a ***** while you root for a team full of ****** is the real ***** move.
Have a nice day and try not to let trivial crap get to you so much.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #56
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Have a nice day and try not to let trivial crap get to you so much.
Pot meet kettle.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #57
thunderfan

I'm sure you're a cool dude. I don't mean anything by it. I just hate flopping. Nothing personal to anyone.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really like flopping either...it's tough for the players as well in one sense.. a guy like Dirk feels that he has to sell the contact that is there simply because the league has allowed players to bang on him harder than what the normal NBA player has to go through. So yeah, he does need to sell the contact a bit. Reffing in the NBA isn't exactly great as it is..

Such as with the rebound last night.. Yeah, Dirk had position. Yeah, he was fouled. Was he fouled that hard as what he made it out to be? No, not at all. Did he need to sell the contact a bit to get the call he should have gotten anyways? Yes, he did. Is it unfortunate that it otherwise would have been missed? Yes, it is. Did Fisher gain a clear advantage by shoving Dirk in the back? Yes, of course. Did Dirk "flop"? I suppose it depends upon your definition of "flopping". Some look at it as a guy trying to buy a call when he wasn't fouled.. Some also see it as overselling the contact as well.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #59
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, it was a combo of that rip move with a lil added flair and magically flew thru the air wildly as if he was hit by a truck.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #60
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Are we all just pretending that Fisher didn't intentionally foul Dirk so Dirk wouldn't get the automatic two points on the putback? Gotta love OKC fans for characterizing an intentional foul as their team being victimized.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #61
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Long time posters.

Now that's cute. So many long time posters and basketball experts here. We are all not worthy to witness your wisdom...

eat this

http://sportsnation.espn.go.com/fans/markus1234567

and have a nice game tonight.
My friend's grandmother has an ESPN profile for playing in a family fantasy football league. I'm not sure if she uses it to scoreboard people, but at least you two have something in common, so there's that.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #62
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Man, 2001 really doesn't sound like it should be 11 years ago.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #63
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012...dirty-vs-mavs/
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flop1234, offthemarkus1234, seriously... wat?