Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #41
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
We rang before this season. Stay positive people. Just be happy with what we got.
What we got? That we got into the playoffs? Please. We all want more and bloody deserve more. Everyone one of us knows this team is capable despite having the championship team blown up. We're at the brink and I can't wait to see us come back and slap your silly doubters all the back to whatever crevasse you managed to creep out from.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #42
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised so many people are putting the blame on VC. I might be in the minority, but I think his positives definitely outweighed his negatives tonight.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #43
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
VC did a lot of good things for the team tonight.

That was a very tough loss, especially considering what happened in game 1.

The emotional part of me tells me that the refs made a horrible call there on JET with 50 secs left and could have altered the outcome.

The rational part of me that Dirk needs to hit that 3 (or Terry needs to hit something).

I think it's all of the above.
VC continually played the Westbrook screen with no energy, lost his man on defense at crucial moments, and took (and missed) too many poor, contested shots in isolation (strangely, these seemed by design).

At this point, I'm not watching these playoffs with any expectation of doing damage. I'm watching them as a swan song, knowing that this might be the last time we get to see Kidd orchestrate an offense at this level, and knowing it's one of the precious few remaining times we'll get to see Nowitzki perform at such an elite level before his game drops off or he retires in a few years.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #44
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

We were in position two steal both ones and come up 0-2. That's frustrating.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #45
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
Don't care, won championship.

But seriously, the free pass I gave Cuban and the MBT after the championship is gone.

Better do something this offseason or Cuban will forever go down as an idiot for not resigning that team.
a) we didnt have enough money to sign all these guys at what they are making now
b) i dont think we repeat with chandler and the other guys. Lets face it - Kidd has been dropping in offensive productiveness and quickness for the last two years. We arent losing the games because we have bad D at center - especially not against okc with their center play being pretty unimpressive - as a matter of fact we are one of the best teams at making the other team take jump shots by giving them some space (a because our defenders are older and slower and would get beat to the basket a lot and b to protect the paint)

anywho....
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #46
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Why would getting swept be humiliating? Every game so far has come down to the last shot.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #47
Como11

Como11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
That's very.. um.. interesting analysis considering how the first two games went.
We played fairly well until the last few minutes of each game. I'm not taking anything away from the mavs before those last three minutes. However, you have to realize that the mavs aren't going to run away in any of these games. They are going to come down to late game situations and we are horrible in those situations. We play like a bunch of scared high schoolers. So many idiotic plays that veterans are not suppose to make. We have blow our chances to win in so many game this season. So many comebacks against us. So many game winning shots. So many dumb fouls. That is why I don't see us winning the series.

Plus, I'm pretty sure this team is demoralized after they let two games get away.
Como11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #48
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Como11 View Post
We played fairly well until the last few minutes of each game. I'm not taking anything away from the mavs before those last three minutes. However, you have to realize that the mavs aren't going to run away in any of these games. They are going to come down to late game situations and we are horrible in those situations. We play like a bunch of scared high schoolers. So many idiotic plays that veterans are not suppose to make. We have blow our chances to win in so many game this season. So many comebacks against us. So many game winning shots. So many dumb fouls. That is why I don't see us winning the series.

Plus, I'm pretty sure this team is demoralized after they let two games get away.
A team full of old veterans that have been through plenty of gut wrenching losses in their careers is going to be demoralized? Shut the fuck up dude! Stop with the we bullshit. You are not WE! You are not a part of this fan base coming on here to gloat about being right about a prediction of Mavs failure.

GO AWAY!
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #49
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Now I remember why I've stopped coming around so much during, and right after, games. The Mavs just played two extremely close and competitive games, and ya'll are acting like they're the knicks getting blown out by the heat. I'm proud of the effort of those first two games and I'm excited for them to kick some ass in game 3.

If the Mavs get the one bucket the needed in both games, are they suddenly "on par" with the Thunder talent and effort wise? Is the line that thin? It seems to me (very obviously, actually) that the Mavs are on these kids level and the next couple games should be very interesting.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 04-30-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #50
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Why would getting swept be humiliating? Every game so far has come down to the last shot.
Because defending champions don't get swept in the first round. They usually wait until the second, at least that's what my friends in Los Angeles tell me.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #51
NorwegianMavsFan

NorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really nice

Quote:
Now I remember why I've stopped coming around so much during, and right after, games. The Mavs just played two extremely close and competitive games, and ya'll are acting like they're the knicks getting blown out by the heat. I'm proud of the effort of those first two games and I'm excited for them to kick some ass in game 3.
+1 Though it still hurts
NorwegianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #52
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Quote:
It's really fucking ridiculous to be honest. Someone saying Cuban lost his pass not even a year after bringing a title to Dallas! THE DALLAS MAVERICKS for christ sake. A franchise that has been a laughing stock for most of its existence and someone said Cuban already lost his pass.

Where the fuck do some of these people get the nerve? Sure the 2 losses hurt but my god have some perspective.

Last edited by Dale4Saul2Red0; 05-01-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #53
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm surprised so many people are putting the blame on VC. I might be in the minority, but I think his positives definitely outweighed his negatives tonight.
Yeah, his shooting sucked, but everything else was good - especially his defense...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #54
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Because defending champions don't get swept in the first round. They usually wait until the second, at least that's what my friends in Los Angeles tell me.
Humiliating is going out like the Lakers did: By 40 and with players getting thrown out on legendarily cheap shots. Not by losing in games like these. Besides, the Mavs are going to win the next two.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #55
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
What we got? That we got into the playoffs? Please. We all want more and bloody deserve more. Everyone one of us knows this team is capable despite having the championship team blown up. We're at the brink and I can't wait to see us come back and slap your silly doubters all the back to whatever crevasse you managed to creep out from.
You really believe we can beat OKC? They have clearly shown to be the younger and better team this year. And I thought we had a good chance to beat them early in the series and take that momentum to potenitally beat them. We didn't get it done unfortunately. But I am satisfied by last years win. I don't understand people that aren't satisfied with 1. Yes it is great to have more but that 1 cures a lot of unhappiness.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #56
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

A little more Dirk here. A little more Jet there.

I am watching this series with a certain....curiosity... my buttocks slid back a few inches from where it was last year and every year before that. The knowledge of that ring already in the bag cushions these blows and I sort of just feel proud of these guys for getting as close to winning both of those games as they were. Carlisle and Dirk are doing as much as Cuban enabled them to in the off-season. It is what it is.

I don't mean to be defeatist. I am still just a very satisfied guy where Mavs bball is concerned. And some of these guys are looking so tired. So worn out. They did well. Even in earning zero wins in that wasteland of a city.

That being said... I will root against this OKC team vehemently in each round. Even in the Finals. Against that one team. You know the one. There is NO EFFING WAY that a fan "base" that's had a team for about 8 seconds should win a title. That's not fair. That's not the way it should work. And those cocky, narcissistic, young, overly enthusiastic a-holes can STFU as far as I'm concerned. Even their coach is an over-reacting POS MFer. Screw the lot of them.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #57
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
A little more Dirk here. A little more Jet there.

I am watching this series with a certain....curiosity... my buttocks slid back a few inches from where it was last year and every year before that. The knowledge of that ring already in the bag cushions these blows and I sort of just feel proud of these guys for getting as close to winning both of those games as they were. Carlisle and Dirk are doing as much as Cuban enabled them to in the off-season. It is what it is.

I don't mean to be defeatist. I am still just a very satisfied guy where Mavs bball is concerned. And some of these guys are looking so tired. So worn out. They did well. Even in earning zero wins in that wasteland of a city.

That being said... I will root against this OKC team vehemently in each round. Even in the Finals. Against that one team. You know the one. There is NO EFFING WAY that a fan "base" that's had a team for about 8 seconds should win a title. That's not fair. That's not the way it should work. And those cocky, narcissistic, young, overly enthusiastic a-holes can STFU as far as I'm concerned. Even their coach is an over-reacting POS MFer. Screw the lot of them.
Yuuuuup.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #58
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:

Dude when we lost to POR last playoffs after giving up a 23 point lead I believe, THAT was demoralizing and did you see how we respond? I am so pumped for game 3 it's unreal. Look at what we could have done to OKC.

Don't you see? You're focusing on so many negatives when the positive is looking you right in the face. We are more than capable, just got a few kinks to work out down the stretch. You act like OKC has dominated us or something. Just wait till Dirk and co get back to Dallas. Just wait till they have that team conversation. Shit's gonna get real ugly for OKC real quick. Don't be so quick to shit on your* team man.

Asterisk because most of your posts are always focused on the negative aspects of the team.. I can't remember the last time I saw something supporting and positive.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
Old 05-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #59
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
You really believe we can beat OKC? They have clearly shown to be the younger and better team this year.
You are a fool and a troll. Go back to spurstalk.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #60
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Westbrook is underrated, yes Durant won the scoring title but guess who was 5th in scoring at 23.6 ppg? That's an amazing stat as a 2nd option.

I say Westbrook = Rose. If Westbrook was the #1 scoring option on a team he'd be just like Rose. Everyone just hates him because he's a great scorer but he has an even better scorer in Durant. So people think Durant should score 40 a night and Westbrook should score 10.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #61
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

when all 3 of your centers combine for a total of 6 rebounds its gonna be tough to win games
Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #62
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

I don't understand people on this site. I guess 1 ring wasn't enough. I do wish this team was as hungry and talented as the fans hoped for. If they were, this series should probably be in the mavs favor.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #63
NorwegianMavsFan

NorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really nice

One guy we haven`t given any love is Mahinmi. I thought he fought hard, made some good plays, and most importantly, did not give up and-1 plays. Good hard fouls, no chance for a shot to go in. Wood and Wright did not hold up.
NorwegianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #64
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
I think we didn't take advantage of the foul situation in the third. They had no fouls to give for most of the quarter and they had lot of players in foul trouble. Should have posted up more.
Bingo. That's where a coach is supposed to tell them to post up and drive the rim, to take advantage of the bonus.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #65
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The Mavs just played two extremely close and competitive games, and ya'll are acting like they're the knicks getting blown out by the heat.
Your philosophy reminds me of the Kobe press conferences after game 1, 2 and 3...

OKC is simply the better team this season. No matter how hard we try, we lose. OKC finds a way to beat us.

And let us stop talking about scoring margins. Thats Hollinger stuff and does not really matter. A L is a L.

Last edited by markus1234; 05-01-2012 at 12:07 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #66
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
a) we didnt have enough money to sign all these guys at what they are making now
b) i dont think we repeat with chandler and the other guys. Lets face it - Kidd has been dropping in offensive productiveness and quickness for the last two years. We arent losing the games because we have bad D at center - especially not against okc with their center play being pretty unimpressive - as a matter of fact we are one of the best teams at making the other team take jump shots by giving them some space (a because our defenders are older and slower and would get beat to the basket a lot and b to protect the paint)

anywho....
So what, you think we're losing these games because Kidd isn't playing good D? Dude's averaging 5 steals per game in the series... One of the reasons they take jump-shots is because they don't wanna see Kidd with a triple-double in steals...

Also, Kidd isn't here to be offensively productive himself, he's here to make sure that the team is offensively productive...

His game's been dropping off the past couple years? How was it dropping in last season's championship run...

I can't wait until we comeback and win this series, then all you chicken-littles who are throwing in the towel can eat crow!

Don't be so sure that this team would be better with Deron Williams either, yes he can score, but he also leads the NBA in TO's, and he isn't near the defender that Kidd is...
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #67
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianMavsFan View Post
One guy we haven`t given any love is Mahinmi. I thought he fought hard, made some good plays, and most importantly, did not give up and-1 plays. Good hard fouls, no chance for a shot to go in. Wood and Wright did not hold up.
Yep, Mahinmi was definitely a bright spot tonight...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #68
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Humiliating is going out like the Lakers did: By 40 and with players getting thrown out on legendarily cheap shots. Not by losing in games like these.
There's multiple ways to humiliate yourself. If the Mavs get swept, their consistently terrible late game execution and boneheaded decisions made while getting swept in a series for the first time in 22 years seems to qualify.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #69
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

If the Mavs get the one bucket the needed in both games, are they suddenly "on par" with the Thunder talent and effort wise? Is the line that thin? It seems to me (very obviously, actually) that the Mavs are on these kids level and the next couple games should be very interesting.
this is my favorite post!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #70
GhostFace
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Westbrook is underrated, yes Durant won the scoring title but guess who was 5th in scoring at 23.6 ppg? That's an amazing stat as a 2nd option.

I say Westbrook = Rose. If Westbrook was the #1 scoring option on a team he'd be just like Rose. Everyone just hates him because he's a great scorer but he has an even better scorer in Durant. So people think Durant should score 40 a night and Westbrook should score 10.
Their is a reason why he is called Westbrick.

Quote:
I don't understand people on this site. I guess 1 ring wasn't enough. I do wish this team was as hungry and talented as the fans hoped for. If they were, this series should probably be in the mavs favor.
My goodness, you just don't get it do you? It's not even about that 1 ring that's in the past. We should be satisfied we won 1 and stop cheering madly for our team? Gtfo.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #71
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
You are a fool and a troll. Go back to spurstalk.
No I'm not. I love the Mavs. No one was more hearbroken than me about 2006 and 2007. It was devastating. I think you misunderstood my message. All those terrible ghosts in the past were wiped away by finally winning a ring. Yes it still hurts to lose this year but thank God we finally got our ring before this miserable season happened.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #72
Como11

Como11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
A team full of old veterans that have been through plenty of gut wrenching losses in their careers is going to be demoralized? Shut the fuck up dude! Stop with the we bullshit. You are not WE! You are not a part of this fan base coming on here to gloat about being right about a prediction of Mavs failure.

GO AWAY!
You completely disregarded the first part of my post which was accurate. We suck at late game situations. And now you tell me I need to go away. Grow up. I don't know you, but telling me to go away after I made a good point is just immature.

I'll DEFINITELY come back after the series is over and "gloat" to you how you were wrong. Just you though since you think I want the mavericks to lose because I want to prove everyone wrong. I was in front of the television like everyone else pist off after the lose. Just because I don't think my team has what it takes and I post my opinion on the forum, doesn't make me any less of a fan.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #73
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I sure thought Mavs would have a better chance in crunch time. Sadly our proven guys make too many mistakes overall. Maybe just running out of luck though. Whatever you prefer.

That one Kidd turnover within two minutes was "WTF" and so was Terry's foul. And on a good day, Dirk makes that three of course.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #74
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Your philosophy reminds me of the Kobe press conferences after game 1, 2 and 3...

OKC is simply the better team this season. No matter how hard we try, we lose. OKC finds a way to beat us.

And let us stop talking about scoring margins. Thats Hollinger stuff and does not really matter. A L is a L.

The Mavs outplayed the Thunder for 47 minutes in game 1 and Durant hit a lucky shot (he said he couldnt see the rim), at home, in a game they should have won. That, at least to me, it easier to swallow than losing a game 1 at home like the Lakers did (and losing home court), and then losing a second game at home. So Kobe's justification seems a lot more far fetched than any beliefs the Mavs have about their chances going forward.

And yes margin of victory, in this instance, especially in combination with the feel and intensity of the game absolutely is a good way to determine how close these teams are in skill and willingness to win. You think the gap between Thunder and Mavs is as big as the Heat and Knicks? You think those losses are similar, especially for predicting what will happen going forward? You're out of your mind.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 05-01-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #75
Dale4Saul2Red0

Quote:
You completely disregarded the first part of my post which was accurate. We suck at late game situations. And now you tell me I need to go away. Grow up. I don't know you, but telling me to go away after I made a good point is just immature.

I'll DEFINITELY come back after the series is over and "gloat" to you how you were wrong. Just you though since you think I want the mavericks to lose because I want to prove everyone wrong. I was in front of the television like everyone else pist off after the lose. Just because I don't think my team has what it takes and I post my opinion on the forum, doesn't make me any less of a fan.
Did you even post here during the run last year? Seriously who are you? Pist? That's how you spell pissed?

You claim you're a Mavs fan yet you just admitted you would "gloat" to me after the Mavs lost the series? Yea some fan you are. Don't you have class tomorrow? Go to bed. You need to stay awake for English class this week.

Last edited by Dale4Saul2Red0; 05-01-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #76
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Their is a reason why he is called Westbrick.

Any Mav fan would love to see him be a Mav without even thinking once about it. Anyone who wouldn't is fucking stupid plain and simple.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #77
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
There's multiple ways to humiliate yourself. If the Mavs get swept, their consistently terrible late game execution and boneheaded decisions made while getting swept in a series for the first time in 22 years seems to qualify.
You're wrong, IMO, and it doesn't even matter because the Mavs aren't going to get swept.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #78
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand being down after dropping to 0-2 in the series, but honestly, if I knew going in that we'd have the lead both games with like 3 minutes remaining, I'd take it. I didn't expect to win either of these games and I'm happy that most of the guys worked hard tonight, even if some of them couldn't hit a shot.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #79
Como11

Quote:
Dude when we lost to POR last playoffs after giving up a 23 point lead I believe, THAT was demoralizing and did you see how we respond? I am so pumped for game 3 it's unreal. Look at what we could have done to OKC.

Don't you see? You're focusing on so many negatives when the positive is looking you right in the face. We are more than capable, just got a few kinks to work out down the stretch. You act like OKC has dominated us or something. Just wait till Dirk and co get back to Dallas. Just wait till they have that team conversation. Shit's gonna get real ugly for OKC real quick. Don't be so quick to shit on your* team man.

Asterisk because most of your posts are always focused on the negative aspects of the team.. I can't remember the last time I saw something supporting and positive.
Again, that was LAST year. Completely different. We are something like 2-17 (something around there) after trailing the 4th quarter. We are a lot different. Just cannot compare this year's team to last.

Also, I truly respect a lot of people's faith in this team. However, I just don't see this team winning. Call me pessimistic, but I just call it how it is. Worst mavs team in a LONG time.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #80
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

3 centers, 6 total rebounds.

if we get 12 total rebounds from the position tonight we win.

Tags
mensesfan1000, need 4dn1, need aids too, underpants, underyourmom