Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #81
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I sure thought Mavs would have a better chance in crunch time. Sadly our proven guys make too many mistakes overall. Maybe just running out of luck though. Whatever you prefer.

That one Kidd turnover within two minutes was "WTF" and so was Terry's foul. And on a good day, Dirk makes that three of course.
That Kidd turnover was absolutely brutal.

And Dirk rushed his shot. Very atypical.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #82
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Como11 View Post
You completely disregarded the first part of my post which was accurate. We suck at late game situations. And now you tell me I need to go away. Grow up. I don't know you, but telling me to go away after I made a good point is just immature.

I'll DEFINITELY come back after the series is over and "gloat" to you how you were wrong. Just you though since you think I want the mavericks to lose because I want to prove everyone wrong. I was in front of the television like everyone else pist off after the lose. Just because I don't think my team has what it takes and I post my opinion on the forum, doesn't make me any less of a fan.
Bro it ain't over till it's over. Stop acting like we're down and out for the count. When LA was down 0-3 against us last year, Kobe was straight up nothing but confident in them. Why can't we be the same? You're acting like we were dominated. All we have to do is work on closing Game 3 out and then on to the next. One game at a time. Ain't over.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #83
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I'm surprised so many people are putting the blame on VC. I might be in the minority, but I think his positives definitely outweighed his negatives tonight.
He def jacked up some shots in the 4th that we're questionable and too early in the shotclock. Even the one he made was a questionable shot. Granted, I was only able to see last 3 minutes of 3rd and all of 4th quarter.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #84
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

There are two basic reasons why the Mavs couldn't get over the top vs OKC in these first two games. First, Westbrook was like a super-Kobe in these first two games. In these games, he was simply phenomenal at pulling up and nailing shot after shot. Can somebody break out his shooting percentage on his pull up jumpers? Secondly, we have no answer for Harden's ability to drive past the defender and get to the rim, and either score or draw the foul. Unless we address those two issues, I don't see how we can beat OKC.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #85
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
The Mavs outplayed the Thunder for 47 minutes in game 1 and Durant hit a lucky shot (he said he couldnt see the rim), at home, in a game they should have won. That, at least to me, it easier to swallow than losing a game 1 at home like the Lakers did (and losing home court), and then losing a second game at home. So Kobe's justification seems a lot more far fetched than any beliefs the Mavs have about their chances going forward.

And yes margin of victory, in this instance, especially in combination with the feel and intensity of the game absolutely is a good way to determine how close these teams are in skill and willingness to win. You think the gap between Thunder and Mavs is as big as the Heat and Knicks? You think those losses are similar, especially for predicting what will happen going forward? You're out of your mind.
It's not the regular season Fluid. Wins are all that matter right now, and Dallas is down 2-0 and has shown an innate ability to give games away down the stretch. I don't know where all this rah rah rah talk is coming from. The Mavs now have to win 4 out of 5 against OKC, with 3 games on the road. And oh yeah, they're playing like garbage in crunch time and have been all year. And OKC has the second, third, fourth, and fifth best player in the series.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 05-01-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #86
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the center situation gets scary. Wright is a no-show so far, Haywood is not a good fit against the Thunder and Mahinmi can't stay out of foul trouble to save his life.

Playing Dirk at the 5 for an extended stretch is never the best solution.

Terry was the worst tonight, which pretty much mirrors his regular season impression. Up and down. But Carter also didn't help. Made big plays on the defensive end, but that wasn't enough to come up for the other side of the floor.

Tonight we got two players off the "bench" (Ian, West) helping though, which I would consider to be enough, but at the same time Terry and Wood sucked. So you pretty much can't expect to win that way. Given the outcome you could once again claim a moral victory, but starting Thursday the Mavs absolutely have to put it together.

Last edited by j0Shi; 05-01-2012 at 12:20 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #87
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
The Mavs now have to win 4 out of 5 against OKC, with 3 games on the road. And oh yeah, they're playing like garbage in crunch time and have been all year.
So the Mavs have to play FIVE games on the road against the Thunder? Ok we need to take this to Stern's front door!

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 05-01-2012 at 12:20 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:23 AM   #88
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Bro it ain't over till it's over. Stop acting like we're down and out for the count. When LA was down 0-3 against us last year, Kobe was straight up nothing but confident in them. Why can't we be the same? You're acting like we were dominated. All we have to do is work on closing Game 3 out and then on to the next. One game at a time. Ain't over.
I agree. There is still a chance for us to win this series. But the wear and tear it will take plus the condensed playoff schedule will take a toll. We put ourself in this situation due to our average regular season record. I would like this team to put it all out there though. That's all we can ask for.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #89
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still not worried. OKC is playing close to top of their game and only winning by an eyelash. The Mavs are playing very good but not great basketball. RC is a great coach. Dirk is playing about average (for Dirk) and the OKC bench just outscored the Mavs' bench because Derek Fisher went 5-6 for 11 points. Finally, Lamar Odom is in LA and not on the Mavs' bench, so things actually look pretty bright.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #90
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Tonight we got two players off the "bench" (Ian, West) helping though, which I would consider to be enough, but at the same time Terry and Wood sucked.
Harden and Westbrook toyed with West. He had a couple of good plays, but that's not enough.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #91
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teb9_...layer_embedded
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #92
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Harden and Westbrook toyed with West. He had a couple of good plays, but that's not enough.
Nah. His first half was putrid overall, but recovered nicely. Agree that he can (and have to) play better though.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #93
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Our 3 centers are so blah. Say what you want about not having a chance to repeat with Tyson, but i think we have a damn good shot, or would have. He creates second chance points, something those 3 cannot do, along with his grittiness under the goal. You cannot say that didnt fire up the rest of the team. It was the main reason Dallas went on the amazing run they did.

Dallas needs a legit center. Anyways, Im just frustrated with the entire season from beginning to end. Its been a tough uphill battle for the Mavs all season. They were not given much of a chance to repeat but they damn sure are going to go out fighting. If they cant beat the thunder, I hope they run em ragged taking them the full 7 games. Go Mavs!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #94
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Nah. His first half was putrid overall, but recovered nicely. Agree that he can (and have to) play better though.
OK, but West and Jet vs. Harden and Westbrook was really painful to watch.

West needs to play more min. with Kidd. And he def. is not Dsteve on defense... Dsteve was a nice insurance for jet on D. West can't do that.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #95
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
So the Mavs have to play FIVE games on the road against the Thunder? Ok we need to take this to Stern's front door!
Lol good point. My bad.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #96
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
OK, but West and Jet vs. Harden and Westbrook was really painful to watch.

West needs to play more min. with Kidd. And he def. is not Dsteve on defense... Dsteve was a nice insurance for jet on D. West can't do that.
I'm also concerned about that West/Terry combination. Not working great so far.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #97
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
LOL, Kenny said "Pink Floyd - Off the Wall" (or did David Gilmour and Michael Jackson collaborate at some point and I missed it?)

But, yeah, Rick is right - the dirty bullsh!t's gotta stop.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #98
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

Against the Thunder, I think it might be best if Terry's not part of the closing unit... Terry can hit big shots, but he's destroyed on defense no matter if it's Westbrook, Harden, or Durant...

West on Harden, Kidd on Westbrook, and Marion on Durant is definitely our best chance at getting stops late in the game... We'll miss Terry's shot making ability on offense, but the disparity between he and West is not as pronounced on offense as it is on defense, especially when you consider that Dirk should be taking all those late shots anyway...

Also, with there being a lot of timeouts late in games, that might provide us some opportunity to sub Terry in for offense and out on defense...
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 AM   #99
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyuptx View Post
Against the Thunder, I think it might be best if Terry's not part of the closing unit... Terry can hit big shots, but he's destroyed on defense no matter if it's Westbrook, Harden, or Durant...

West on Harden, Kidd on Westbrook, and Marion on Durant is definitely our best chance at getting stops late in the game... We'll miss Terry's shot making ability on offense, but the disparity between he and West is not as pronounced on offense as it is on defense, especially when you consider that Dirk should be taking all those late shots anyway...

Also, with there being a lot of timeouts late in games, that might provide us some opportunity to sub Terry in for offense and out on defense...
I agree, except that vs OKC, now that Westbrook is all over him, he is not even going to be able to generate any significant offense, and he is terrible on defense. I also agree about West, not just for defense, but also because he is much better at penetrating the lane and actually being able to make something good happen than Terry. And we desperately need to be able to do that.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:52 AM   #100
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
I agree, except that vs OKC, now that Westbrook is all over him, he is not even going to be able to generate any significant offense, and he is terrible on defense. I also agree about West, not just for defense, but also because he is much better at penetrating the lane and actually being able to make something good happen than Terry. And we desperately need to be able to do that.
I agree with that...

The only disadvantage of not having Terry on offense, is when Dirk is double-teamed, cause if it's an open 3, I'd still like Terry taking that shot more than West...

That said, I seriously doubt that RC will remove Terry from the closing unit, and to me, his loyalty is completely understandable...

Last edited by cowboyuptx; 05-01-2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:10 AM   #101
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Just stop. Please. We are losing the series. Anyone who thinks we are winning both in Dallas is wrong. We might just get swept. Every game is going to be close and if we can't/haven't performed in late game situations we are done.

First its, "we will win a game on the road for sure". Now its, "we are going to win both in Dallas". Come on guys. You have WAY TOO much hope for this team. They suck in late game situations.
Your a bit on the negative side. I never knew losing on a buzzer beater on the road in game 1 qualified as sucking in late game situations.

We're not getting our but whooped and this team is more than capable of winning two games. We just need to limit turnovers from the beginning. This OKC team is turnover happy we know how to beat them.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #102
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyuptx View Post
I agree with that...

The only disadvantage of not having Terry in offense, is when Dirk is double-teamed, cause if it's an open 3, I'd still like Terry taking that shot more than West...

That said, I seriously doubt that RC will remove Terry from the closing unit, and too me, his loyalty is completely understandable...
We have to have contributions from both of them, it's as simple as that.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:35 AM   #103
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever View Post
3 centers, 6 total rebounds.

if we get 12 total rebounds from the position tonight we win.
This this this. Why isn't anyone talking about this?

The Mavs have two very clear problems right now.

1. Westbrook has totally shut down Terry.

2. Of our 3 centers only one of them had been good enough to keep on the court, and that's Mahimi... Not our highly paid starter.

For gods sake it was so bad that Dirk had to play Center for large stretches of the game tonight. When Dirk has to play center something is horribly wrong.

Why is Wright suddenly so useless?

Why can't Haywood do... Well... Anything?
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #104
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

I hate to say it, because I really think the chances of him helping are slim, but at this point the best hope the Mavs have is trying more Roddy.

He was a zero on offense in his limited time tonight, but good on defense and he changed the tone while he was out there. West clearly isn't cutting it, though he shows flashes on the offensive end. Might give Roddy a few Terry minutes too... Since Terry isn't doing anything with them.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:40 AM   #105
JHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I'm still not worried. OKC is playing close to top of their game and only winning by an eyelash. The Mavs are playing very good but not great basketball. RC is a great coach. Dirk is playing about average (for Dirk) and the OKC bench just outscored the Mavs' bench because Derek Fisher went 5-6 for 11 points. Finally, Lamar Odom is in LA and not on the Mavs' bench, so things actually look pretty bright.
The Mavs got some breaks tonight they won't get again. Ibaka was limited with foul trouble, for instance.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:57 AM   #106
cowboyuptx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
The Mavs got some breaks tonight they won't get again. Ibaka was limited with foul trouble, for instance.
Every game is different, but it certainly does not look like we're out-classed by the Thunder, so there's no reason to believe that the next games wont also be close... Ibaka had 22 in game 1, but it also came down to a last second shot...

The Thunder caught a HUGE break when they called Terry for a foul on Durant with less than a minute... The foul call was questionable, but whether it was a foul or not, the shot-clock was down to 2 seconds, so that was damn LUCKY on their part... If the refs don't make that call, the Thunder probably don't score, and the Mavs probably win...
Old 05-01-2012, 03:02 AM   #107
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Very likely Mavs tie the series at 2-2.

Game 1: Basically comes down to one shot made by the Mavs or one shot miss by the Thunder, like Durant's last second miracle shot.

Game 2: Westbrook basically made every single jumper. Never going to happen again in his life, or at least this playoff run. Regression to the mean.

Regardless of what happens, I feel the Mavs have exposed this Thunder team. I can't see them making the NBA Finals, so no matter what I can have peace of mind about that.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:46 AM   #108
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If no one has claimed it, I want Game 3.

The team was stuck at the airport for an additional hour due to severe weather in the area. It was coming down pretty hard and there were reports of hail, so they had to cover the plane. There were almost thoughts of saying f-it and just drive back home. The weather eventually turned and they made it back home around 2:25. Coaches were digging into the film heavy while we were waiting.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 05-01-2012 at 03:48 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:23 AM   #109
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

Tough loss, the refs were horrible in OKC, lets hope Dallas gets some home cooking as well.

Lets go even the series, snag one in OKC and close this thing in 6.

If that is the best OKC has, they won't last long.

Last edited by He15man; 05-01-2012 at 04:23 AM.
He15man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:01 AM   #110
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Missed the game, saw the highlights/videos.

Just, damn... Need both in Dallas now, hopefully the homecourt give the Mavs some of the questionable calls like it was vice versa.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #111
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

if we didn't win it all last year, I wouldn't feel so disappointed now.

I have to stop thinking winning it all this year.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #112
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Very nice to see Dirk rolling to the basket on a PnR.

Did anyone notice that the Mavericks set up a triple stagger screen to get Terry open for his initial shot a game tying three, yet Terry really wasn't all that open. The screening set from the bigs has to be addressed in the offseason. Perkins put Marion on the floor at least 3 times in the opening qtr with his screens.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #113
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

Quote:
pist off after the lose
Congrats on your neat post.

Last edited by Twenty4sevenn; 05-01-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #114
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Which Terry or VC are we getting next game? Those guys can't take games off offensively. And I'm sick of seeing little to no scoring from the center position. Yeah, you might get a nine point game from Ian once in a while, but it was so nice to have a guy like Wright who could score when he got minutes. I'm almost ready to say amnesty Haywood. He played well in stretches this season but overall isn't producing the way the team needs him to. Maybe it was the injury because he hasn't been the same since he missed those games in March.

Which of the Dirkettes are going to show up? You can count on Dirk and Marion, but the rest just seem like a toss up every game.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #115
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
a) we didnt have enough money to sign all these guys at what they are making now
b) i dont think we repeat with chandler and the other guys. Lets face it - Kidd has been dropping in offensive productiveness and quickness for the last two years. We arent losing the games because we have bad D at center - especially not against okc with their center play being pretty unimpressive - as a matter of fact we are one of the best teams at making the other team take jump shots by giving them some space (a because our defenders are older and slower and would get beat to the basket a lot and b to protect the paint)

anywho....
We win both of those games with chandler out there. There is a reason that everyone is afraid of playing tight on Westbrook and there is a reason that harden is going to the lane like there is no shot blocker in there.

We played dirk at center for the last 5 minutes or so. We've seen this movie before.

Center play is a LOT more than covering Perkins. Our pnr on westbrook is atrocious whenever we close out on three point shooters they get all of the way to the basket. Our zone sorta sucks right now. Our starting center can't stay on the floor because he can't keep up with ibaka or Perkins.

Our center play is stinky. And a rotten core makes everything else stinky as well.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 05-01-2012 at 08:03 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #116
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Why would getting swept be humiliating? Every game so far has come down to the last shot.
Because it will.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #117
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
It's really fucking ridiculous to be honest. Someone saying Cuban lost his pass not even a year after bringing a title to Dallas! THE DALLAS MAVERICKS for christ sake. A franchise that has been a laughing stock for most of its existence and someone said Cuban already lost his pass.

Where the fuck do some of these people get the nerve? Sure the 2 losses hurt but my god have some perspective.
Cuban doesn't get " a pass " and he's be the first one to say that about anyone working for him. IMO he royally screwed up not keeping chandler. We wont know how royally screwed up for a few years, but one thing I do know, this season and this team was screwed up big time by management.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #118
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
We win both of those games with chandler out there. There is a reason that everyone is afraid of playing tight on Westbrook and there is a reason that harden is going to the lane like there is no shot blocker in there.

We played dirk at center for the last 5 minutes or so. We've seen this movie before.

Center play is a LOT more than covering Perkins. Our pnr on westbrook is atrocious whenever we close out on three point shooters they get all of the way to the basket. Our zone sorta sucks right now. Our starting center can't stay on the floor because he can't keep up with ibaka or Perkins.

Our center play is stinky. And a rotten core makes everything else stinky as well.
We've seen Dirk play with a clear cut top-10 center once in his entire career and that's the year the Mavericks went on a ridiculous tear through the playoffs and Nowitzki had one of the five greatest playoff runs in NBA history. He covers so many mistakes. It really makes you think 'if only' about the last 7 years.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #119
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
A little more Dirk here. A little more Jet there.

I am watching this series with a certain....curiosity... my buttocks slid back a few inches from where it was last year and every year before that. The knowledge of that ring already in the bag cushions these blows and I sort of just feel proud of these guys for getting as close to winning both of those games as they were. Carlisle and Dirk are doing as much as Cuban enabled them to in the off-season. It is what it is.

I don't mean to be defeatist. I am still just a very satisfied guy where Mavs bball is concerned. And some of these guys are looking so tired. So worn out. They did well. Even in earning zero wins in that wasteland of a city.

That being said... I will root against this OKC team vehemently in each round. Even in the Finals. Against that one team. You know the one. There is NO EFFING WAY that a fan "base" that's had a team for about 8 seconds should win a title. That's not fair. That's not the way it should work. And those cocky, narcissistic, young, overly enthusiastic a-holes can STFU as far as I'm concerned. Even their coach is an over-reacting POS MFer. Screw the lot of them.
Now were talking!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #120
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
I don't understand people on this site. I guess 1 ring wasn't enough. I do wish this team was as hungry and talented as the fans hoped for. If they were, this series should probably be in the mavs favor.
This is bullcrap and insulting. That team out there played their asses off and got beat by a better team. Now I'm thinking you are just a troll.

Tags
mensesfan1000, need 4dn1, need aids too, underpants, underyourmom