Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #41
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Terry is suppose to be this teams second best offensive player he needs to start playing like it or else this series will be done in 5. But Carlisle needs to play Jet frankly he has no choice with our lack of offensive weapons and shooters.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:00 AM   #42
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

I was never a big fan of his mouth, but I do pity the way he may leave as a Maverick. He was never a great defender, but OKC is just tearing him a new one.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
I was never a big fan of his mouth, but I do pity the way he may leave as a Maverick. He was never a great defender, but OKC is just tearing him a new one.
He's not the only one harden is getting wherever he wants to go.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, Terry's getting old.. I don't doubt the effort, I just sometimes doubt what's between the ears. The guy lays it all on the line most of the time in my opinion.

Last edited by Murphy3; 05-04-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #45
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
He's not the only one harden is getting wherever he wants to go.
He was getting abused by Westbrook, Durant and Fisher as well. He has a defensive rating of 115 which amazingly isn't his worst. I guess defense in the playoffs was never his thing

Last edited by b_o_r; 05-04-2012 at 05:29 PM.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #46
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Man how you can point to only terry with this type of team meltdown is beyond me.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #47
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Man how you can point to only terry with this type of team meltdown is beyond me.
its rediculous.

terry has struggled right along with the rest of the team except in game 3.

to claim that anyone struggled in game 3 would suggest that effort was involved.

Last edited by mav4ever; 05-04-2012 at 09:16 PM.
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #48
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I think its unfair to not give Terry credit for the improvements he has made in his defense over the years. When he got burned by Steve Nash in the playoffs in his 1st year here, he was a horrible defender. By last year, he had improved enough not to be a total defensive liability. I, for one, was amazed at the D he played in the run through the Finals. There were many times I thought they should have put in DSteve for him in late game situations, only to see Jet make a great play. Given that, maybe he's earned those last moment minutes. Clearly, Jet has taken a step back this year, but so has everyone else on the team. Examples include Dirk's last minute turnovers, our centers failing to rebound and Marion's disappearance on offense. Terry's bad play may stand out, but to blame the whole thing on his is unfair, considering how much blame there is to share.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #49
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

thanks for all Jet.now you can go to the heat...no problem man.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #50
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

So what, is this the JET appreciation thread? He was already on his way to Miami during the middle of the season.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #51
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #52
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

An "appreciation thread" shouldn't come until he's officially gone. I mean, he almost certainly is, but it's better to wait until it's official.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #53
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Every player has their strengths and weakness's. It is up to the coach to utilize their strenths and midigate their weakness's. It is the coach who decides what is needed at any given time and who who should be in the game to provide those needs. This is an important aspect of coaching that in the right moment will decide a close game. Murphy was in effect not criticizing Terry. He was criticizing RC.

RC is a good technical coach but his weakness is in-game adjustments. I believe it's because he has very little feel for the flow of the game. This also translates into not being able to get a read on an individual player as to whether they are in sync or not. With a player like Terry this becomes more important. Because he is like the "girl with the curl" When he is on he is very very good but when he isn't he is awful. It takes RC far to long to recognize a game flow trend so he is incapable to making a timely adjustment. It usually happens the next game. Sometimes all it takes is to just sit someone for a few minutes or a simple time out to change the flow of the game. RC appears clueless in that regard. He pre-plans his rotations and seldom makes game flow decisions. This year was a coaching challenge and we see what happened.

I suppose the carrying over of the emotion of the series sweep might have impacted a lot of posters and kept them from really understanding Muphys point. I for one totally agree with him and that is not a slam on Terry at all. The type of player Terry is requires a coach that is able to read him and utilize him accordingly. Terry is not that difficult a player to read in that regard at all. But RC is not that type of coach.

Oklahoma was the better team and it should be no surprise that they won the series. But Dallas was too good a team to have been swept in four. I put that more on the coaching than I do the players.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote