Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #41
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Cheap and nice, but at the end of the day they ARE TRASH. Nothing more.

Look at SAS or even at LAL (Sessions). No risk no fun.
got to compare apples with apples.... SAS and LAL have no cap space in offseason so they arent damaging anything with their trades.

Mavs are looking to be a major player on the market.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #42
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
thats really a weak argument. We offered chandler a 20 mil 1 year contract. thats more than he is getting paid in nyc. And frankly with dwight now likely not going anywhere we probably would have given him a long term contract after this season. but he wanted the safe bet rather than going out on a (golden) limb.

Anywho.... need to make moves and get younger in the offseason. hoping to get williams and a better center.
Get the f outta here with that weak ass shit, anybody with any business sense of how the NBA really works know that Chandler wouldn't and shouldn't have taken that 20 million dollar 1 year contract offer. I'm fairly sure even the MBT know he wasn't going to take it. If I'm Ty I say hell no as well. You say my argument is weak then you come back with the weakest argument anyone could have possibly come up with, congrats.

There's a reason why only scrubs normally get one year contracts.

Hey Ty, here's a 20 million dollar contract because we really want you around, but only for one season possibly because we're really trying to get Dwight Howard who's better than you. LMAO.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 05-03-2012 at 11:54 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #43
Songbard

Songbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
I know I'll be slammed, but...I've not been impressed with Carlisle since he got here, even though we won last season. The mavs just blow too many fundamentals of the game. Rampant turnovers due to poor passes, lack of effort on offensive rebounding, constantly not blocking out, not driving and drawing fouls when we get the other team in the penalty early in the quarter, late or nonexistent defensive rotations leading to constant easy layups and dunks. I understand the players have to do all these things, but I wonder if RC is even reminding them about this stuff since these things just keep happening.
Turnovers and lack of rebounding is on the players. Coach is only as good as his players execute.
Songbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #44
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

what IS your arguement mavswillhaverings?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #45
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever View Post
what IS your arguement mavswillhaverings?
I'm not sure what you mean by the question. I think it's as clear as it could possibly be to any human being who understands english. We should of kept Ty and offering him a pathetic 1 year contract, and I don't care the amount of money, doesn't count.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:05 AM   #46
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Is that what you were doing when you made this thread after a loss in the Portland series on our way to winning a ring?

Neat spin...
Ahem...I'll just point out that the referenced thread was created well before the playoffs even started. April 6, 2011, to be exact. After a regular-season loss at Portland.

I don't mean to slam Erica (although I think she should never live down good-natured ribbing from creating that thread), though. More generally, it seems people just deal with potential disappointment in different ways. Some people combat it preemptively by setting expectations very, very low. For my money, that approach is personally burdensome and damaging in the long term, but that's just my take on this.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #47
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by the question. I think it's as clear as it could possibly be to any human being who understands english. We should of kept Ty and offering him a pathetic 1 year contract, and I don't care the amount of money, doesn't count.

Lets be realistic... Dirk is only going to have a franchise type year 1, maybe 2 more years. If we signed Tyson at near max we would be playing without a franchise player 3 years down the road and be missing the playoffs.
And it is nowhere near a guarantee that we are significantly better this season than we are now. our main issue is at both guard spots this season... not center
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #48
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
I can't shut off basketball like that. Because I have to see the enemies get defeated.
If I'm lucky I turn on the telly minutes before a team is eliminated. Otherwise, I can't care a crap.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #49
Como11

Como11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura about

Dirk pretty much just admitted this year's team is not good enough in the press conference.

Said something along the lines of "This team took a step back from last year's"

Pretty much just shows that Mark Cuban was being delusional as well. Oh well. In Mark Cuban I still trust!
Como11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #50
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Also, this was one of the worst games I've ever seen Marion play. I'm not at all pinning the loss on him, but it stuck out because he's been so damn consistent the past 16 or so months.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #51
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lets be realistic... Dirk is only going to have a franchise type year 1, maybe 2 more years. If we signed Tyson at near max we would be playing without a franchise player 3 years down the road and be missing the playoffs.
And it is nowhere near a guarantee that we are significantly better this season than we are now. our main issue is at both guard spots this season... not center
First it wasn't "near max", it was 13million and less than 14 mill/4'years of which one is now over. At the end of three years dirk is done and Tyson has one more year...you go out and take "Johnny capspace" and buy whichever "deron" is out there. Tyson's didn't get a 6-7 year contract. He got a contract that was on par with what he was being paid last year.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #52
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Ahem...I'll just point out that the referenced thread was created well before the playoffs even started. April 6, 2011, to be exact. After a regular-season loss at Portland.

I don't mean to slam Erica (although I think she should never live down good-natured ribbing from creating that thread), though. More generally, it seems people just deal with potential disappointment in different ways. Some people combat it preemptively by setting expectations very, very low. For my money, that approach is personally burdensome and damaging in the long term, but that's just my take on this.
Much better said than my snarky remark. Thank you.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #53
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Como11 View Post
Dirk pretty much just admitted this year's team is not good enough in the press conference.

Pretty much just shows that Mark Cuban was being delusional as well. Oh well. In Mark Cuban I still trust!
It certainly did. I hope cubes enjoyed watching that ass-kicking as much as I did. He looked just as sour over there.

He screwed this pooch this year for sure.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #54
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Someone obviously hasn't been watching. We've been terrible at the 5 for awhile now.

And with your statement Dirk is only going to be a franchise type 1 or 2 more years, well we've already used one of those. So that's 2 or 3 of the 4 year contract that we should of given Ty. If it so happens for a season or so we have a past his prime Dirk with Ty I'll take it. It's just a thrown away season when Dirk is out of his prime, instead of what they actually did throwing away a season of Dirk still in his prime. (and probably the rest of Dirk's prime.) They would of at least had this season and next to try to get another ring, now it's gone.

Any reason against signing Ty and giving him what he deserved is weak. Keep attempting though, my proof is this playoff series down 0-3.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 05-04-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #55
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Oh and I hope anyone else besides Miami and the Thunder win a ring this year. I hope Kobe or Duncan get a ring over those two guys. Can't stand LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Durant/Westbrook/Harden

My exact thoughts. I think Lakers will definitely beat thunder and Lakers or spurs would take out the heat. I'm not a big San Antonio hater, but I don't live there either. I wouldn't mind them getting the opportunity to kill the heat
Old 05-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #56
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
If I'm lucky I turn on the telly minutes before a team is eliminated. Otherwise, I can't care a crap.
That has got to be the most pompous-ass statement ever issued on this board.

Who do you think you are?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #57
dude1394
Guru

Once my team is out, I'm out.

Last edited by dude1394; 05-04-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #58
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

One thing is pretty clear. If we do not become a serious contender Dirk will definitely retire in 3yrs.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #59
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
exactly what i asked is what i meant, and you answered it perfectly.

i couldnt agree more. i also couldnt have been flamed more for it. funny.

but ya man.
http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37654
Old 05-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #60
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
That has got to be the most pompous-ass statement ever issued on this board.

Who do you think you are?
What have you brought besides gratuitous trolling the last few weeks?
Old 05-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #61
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Como11 View Post

It's a big step from saying the team is worse this year which is so agreed upon its practically a tautology to saying that Cuban is delusional.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-04-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #62
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
One thing is pretty clear. If we do not become a serious contender Dirk will definitely retire in 3yrs.
Yea..I think you are right.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #63
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
There is a huge difference between an educated estimation and "pretty clear"

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-04-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #64
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Yea..I think you are right.
No he's probably not right. Dirk's contract ends in two more years. He'll probably retire then.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #65
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

exactly... even sooner than it seems.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #66
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
What have you brought besides gratuitous trolling the last few weeks?
What you do want to see? You want to do some stuff one-on-one? I'm all up for that, my friend. Let's do it.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:26 AM   #67
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty safe to say now that this years additions haven't worked out.

And I'm not only talking Odom. West, Carter, Wright showing me very little in the playoffs. And the Frenchies haven't progressed as well.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #68
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
What you do want to see? You want to do some stuff one-on-one? I'm all up for that, my friend. Let's do it.
Seriously wtf is with all this gay shit and unfunny trolling? You did this to me in another thread just a few minutes ago. You used to be semi-cool. What'd you do smoke yourself retarded? Stay away from the crack.

Your idiotic trolling is not amusing to anyone but yourself. Be cool and learn to get along or go blow your brains out, I don't really care which.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 05-04-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #69
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
No he's probably not right. Dirk's contract ends in two more years. He'll probably retire then.
I believe the gist of his comment is right. The details of the,exact contract length is not.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #70
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

And gotta say that the ESPNDallas staff is flat out annoying (on twitter). All this negativity and sarcasm is off the chart...
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #71
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Pretty safe to say now that this years additions haven't worked out.

And I'm not only talking Odom. West, Carter, Wright showing me very little in the playoffs. And the Frenchies haven't progressed as well.
http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showpo...3&postcount=34
Old 05-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #72
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Just a few observations.

1) So many threes in the third quarter. Zero offensive coordination or threat when we took Dirk out after climbing to 32-28 and OKC predictably expanded the lead to 15 again. Remember Brandon Bass and JJB playing pick and roll basketball on christmas day against Portland? Yeah, we lost that game, but at least someone could play efficient offensive basketball. Even a guy like James Singleton or Drew Gooden would have helped this team immensely. This offense couldn't be worse if Robert Pack was feeding Gary Trent down low. This has just been an offensive disaster.

2) Done having hope in Roddy. The guy just butchered so much in his limited time on the floor. No offensive aggression whatsoever. That defensive play where he neither went to the corner nor stepped up on Durant (his last defensive play in the 2nd quarter) was just a tipping point. If he doesn't have the mental awareness to be in the game at this point, then he may never get it. I can't believe this guy was supposed to be our savior as recently as the end of the 2009-2010 season.

3) Can you really expect a team where the majority of the rotation has no idea whether they will return the next season to invest to the level you need to compete in this league? Jet, Marion, Kidd, Haywood, West, Carter... I know they're all vets and they've handled it extremely professionally, but knowing that you or the person next to you is going to be gone really is a difficult mental obstacle to overcome.

4) This team needs a lot more than Deron Williams (if we can get him) & Dirk to compete for a title. There's a ton of gaps on this roster - no inside threat, no reliable shooters, no penetration, a lack of backcourt speed and size, to name a few. There's a ton that we have to figure out and it may be many years until we have a team as capable as last year's team.

5) This would be a lot harder if it wasn't for last season. It's not as bad as losing to San Antonio 2 years ago, where our offense fizzled out in game 2 and George Hill went crazy while McDyess mugged dirk on every play. But it feel a lot like the Antoine Walker year. Lose a bunch of close games in the playoffs but the team never meshed to begin with. This will be the least harsh of playoff exits in a while.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 05-04-2012 at 12:34 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #73
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatLA View Post
ok. time for stage of acceptance.
Yep.

Rest in peace world champion Dallas Mavericks. We hardly knew you, but we loved you while we had you.

Thanks for the magic and the memories Dirk. You're the greatest.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #74
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
This team jut never got in synch this season. Whether it be because of injuries, the condensed season, and of course the Lamar Odom fiasco. I just hope the Mavs win one game to stave off elimination.
They never had the pieces. That's all. Cuban didn't get them... and he failed to get them intentionally. Everything happened the way it was supposed to, really.

I'm not saying it's a good plan, but we shouldn't be disappointed.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #75
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Remember Brandon Bass and JJB playing pick and roll basketball on christmas day against Portland? Yeah, we lost that game, but at least someone could play efficient offensive basketball.
We did not lose that game!

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 05-04-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #76
JHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
Carlisle was horrible.
Nah. Be fair. He had no players. His stars couldn't make a shot to save their lives tonight and his only usable center this entire series has been Ian Mahimi.

Ian proved he's a capable backup in this series, btw. But... he isn't a starter.

Haywood on the other hand, doesn't even belong in the NBA. He's Lamar Odom 2.0 out there.

I'm not sure what Carlisle was supposed to do without a Center and without any of the other pieces he really needed.

Not his fault.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #77
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
I'm not saying it's a good plan, but we shouldn't be disappointed.
We simply should not have watched this s*. Such a waste of time.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #78
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
got to compare apples with apples.... SAS and LAL have no cap space in offseason so they arent damaging anything with their trades.

Mavs are looking to be a major player on the market.
Actually, all three of SA, DAL and LA will remain in the WC picture for a long time to come due to their excellent front offices that do a phenomenal job of scouting players and bringing in gem role players.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #79
JHT

Players I least want to see still on this team next year:

1. Lamar Odom
2. Brendan Haywood
3. Yi Jianlin
4. Dominque Jones (will never be an NBA player, waste of a roster spot)
5. Brian Cardinal (love ya buddy but you're done, better off with a young body)
6. Vince Carter (he tries but he's also done)
7. Jason Kidd (unless he's a backup)

Last edited by JHT; 05-04-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #80
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Seriously wtf is with all this gay shit and unfunny trolling? You did this to me in another thread just a few minutes ago. You used to be semi-cool. What'd you do smoke yourself retarded? Stay away from the crack.

Your idiotic trolling is not amusing to anyone but yourself. Be cool and learn to get along or go blow your brains out, I don't really care which.
Oh, dear. You inserted yourself into a conversation I was having with someone else. Please do not do that.

Tags
kool aid ate my dog