Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #81
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
We simply should not have watched this s*. Such a waste of time.
Now that's 100% true.

Normally I wouldn't say that... but because of the lockout none of the games have really been enjoyable this year. It's been a horrible year, horrible waste of time.

NBA should refund NBA League Pass subscribers who root for any team that doesn't make the conference finals for stealing them blind and Cuban should pitch in for intentionally putting out a half-assed roster.

It's one thing if you try and fail, it's another if you don't try, but pretend to so people will still give you their money, and then also still fail.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #82
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Players the Mavs should definitely keep:

1. Dirk Nowitzki
2. Ian Mahimi
3. Rodrigue Beaubois (but only because he's relatively young still)

Otherwise, whatever. Would be nice to keep Marion, but do what you've gotta do. Even if the Mavs somehow get DWill (which I doubt) most of this team needs to be swept out for youth. If you can keep a Terry and a Marion and still do that, great. If not, oh well.

Last edited by JHT; 05-04-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #83
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Cuban should pitch in for intentionally putting out a half-assed roster.
- WORST ROSTER IN THE CUBAN ERA. BY FAR.
- WORST BASKETBALL IN THE CUBAN ERA. BY FAR.

Last edited by markus1234; 05-04-2012 at 12:46 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #84
JHT

Quote:
WORST ROSTER IN THE CUBAN ERA. BY FAR.
Antoine Walker might have something to say about that.

Nahh. You're right.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #85
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
We did not lose that game!
Whoah, you're right. Nice correction, thanks. Here's the play-by-play from that. 6 bass points in a tight game in the fourth off of Barea assists. Strangely, JJB had 8 rebounds in that game. http://www.basketball-reference.com/...250POR.html#q4

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:48 AM   #86
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
Actually, all three of SA, DAL and LA will remain in the WC picture for a long time to come due to their excellent front offices that do a phenomenal job of scouting players and bringing in gem role players.
i agree in SAS case. In our case and with the lakers we are simply good because the owners are spending the money. We haven't really had any underpaid players in a while (brendan wright this season is a rare exception).

Bitching at a front office/owner that has brought the franchise 12 consecutive playoff appearences with 2 finals and 1 title is kind of stupid. I know it feels like that right now but i'd feel a whole lot worse losing a series in these playoffs if i didnt know that we had cap space and were going to make a lot of moves in the offseason.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #87
JHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
Bitching at a front office/owner that has brought the franchise 12 consecutive playoff appearences with 2 finals and 1 title is kind of stupid.
IT's fine to bitch at them for what they still did this year, as long as you still acknowledge their overall excellence.

Perfectly valid to do that.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #88
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Antoine Walker might have something to say about that.

Nahh. You're right.
Antoine Walker, Antawn Jamison, Michael Finley, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Josh Howard and Marquis Daniels? Hell i'd take 2012 version of them than what we are getting now.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #89
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Bitching at dumb moves by the front office on a message board is so far from stupid it's not funny. What is stupid is thinking the Mavs front office should never be criticized.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:57 AM   #90
JHT

Anyone else really glad it's the Thunder taking the Mavs out?

I can't think of any team in the Western Conference I'd rather have the little Mavs pass the torch too,

Except for Perkins. Screw that guy.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:00 AM   #91
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
The NBA continues after the Mavs are eliminated? I sure as hell won't watch a single game or read a single score.I may watch that awful remake of Dallas though.
That remake of Dallas is one of the worst things in history of tv. Just again shows hollywood is out of ideas.

But anyways, there are going to be some great matchups in the West in round 2. OKC/Lakers will be fun. Spurs/Grizzlies (I'm assuming) will be great as well.

Heat/Pacers will be interesting, too.

I'll just be rooting for Lebron failure. Do not under any circumstances want to see him and that team get a ring.
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #92
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Bitching at dumb moves by the front office on a message board is so far from stupid it's not funny. What is stupid is thinking the Mavs front office should never be criticized.
I reserve judgement until we see how this offseason and next season go - the moves the front office made were quite obviously not made to win now... that is what we did for the 6 years before that and which has led to a very old roster with quite a few overpaid players.

The FO did think we had a decent team - and if the whole lamar odom thing would have worked out I believe we would have had a solid team (probably not enough to repeat but probably enough to be a top 4 seed and make it to at least round 2).

That's sports.... if everyone knew exactly what kind of effect a player coming or going would have we'd always have the knicks and lakers win because they have the most money to offer.

Plus we were very few lucky/unlucky bounces away from being up 2-0... i guess that was Cubans fault too.

Last edited by Lor20; 05-04-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #93
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I reserve judgement until we see how this offseason and next season go - the moves the front office made were quite obviously not made to win now... that is what we did for the 6 years before that and which has led to a very old roster with quite a few overpaid players.

The FO did think we had a decent team - and if the whole lamar odom thing would have worked out I believe we would have had a solid team (probably not enough to repeat but probably enough to be a top 4 seed and make it to at least round 2).

That's sports.... if everyone knew exactly what kind of effect a player coming or going would have we'd always have the knicks and lakers win because they have the most money to offer.

Plus we were very few lucky/unlucky bounces away from being up 2-0... i guess that was Cubans fault too.
I rather like this post. Rep.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:16 AM   #94
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyone else really glad it's the Thunder taking the Mavs out?

I can't think of any team in the Western Conference I'd rather have the little Mavs pass the torch too,

Except for Perkins. Screw that guy.
No.. That little bitch Westbrook and the rest of the flippers can go blow.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-04-2012, 01:22 AM   #95
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

The Mavs let Tyson go before odom. One of the reasons that the Mavs couldn't close out games this year IMO is because the team also took a year off after management did.

Cubans fault, which is actually strange to me since he usually understands organizations quite well, is how effective Tyson was in effecting the culture and chemistry of the Mavs. He would normally really value that more, he has talked about how important it is many times before.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:24 AM   #96
JHT

Quote:
No.. That little bitch Westbrook and the rest of the flippers can go blow.
Which Western team would you have rather they lost to?

The hated Spurs? The entitled Lakers? The show off Clippers and that punk Chris Paul?

No thanks, give me Kevin Durant and the Thunder.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:27 AM   #97
dude1394
Guru

Watching Westbrook mug at the crowd tonight really soured me.

Right now it's too close. I'd rather Memphis take it honestly, but if not them the spurs would be fine.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:27 AM   #98
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Which Western team would you have rather they lost to?

The hated Spurs? The entitled Lakers? The show off Clippers and that punk Chris Paul?

No thanks, give me Kevin Durant and the Thunder.

Why does it matter? WHO CARES? Screw every single team except the Dallas Mavericks. Simple, yet efffective.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #99
JHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Why does it matter? WHO CARES? Screw every single team except the Dallas Mavericks. Simple, yet efffective.
Sadly, out here in reality, that will not happen this year.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:35 AM   #100
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sadly, out here in reality, that will not happen this year.
That doesn't make sense. I said screw every team except the Mavericks. I didn't say Mavs are going to win the championship, I just said screw everybody else. I don't care about any team except the Dallas Mavericks, I sure don't care about "oh I'm so glad it was OKC that beat us instead of whoever" WHO FUCKING CARES which team was responsible.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 05-04-2012 at 01:37 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:58 AM   #101
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Carlisle's roster decisions would've worked great a couple years ago. Unfortunately, he doesn't realize teams age and you gotta let the new generation have their chance. (Wright and Beaubois) Haywood just flat out sucks.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:13 AM   #102
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

This strike shortened season has been the least enjoybale season for me in many years. I'll be glad when it's over, and extra happy if D. Wade gets 1 year closer to retirement without another ring. Am I still bitter about the first Final loss to the Heat by Dallas? You better believe it!

Still, I'm very happy for Dirk and the other guys from last year. It was a fantastic ride, and I'll never forget it. I'd love to see Dirk get another ring or two, but hey, he's got one, and that ain't too shabby - just ask Charles Barkley if he'd like one. :-)

Last edited by turin; 05-04-2012 at 03:17 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:14 AM   #103
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Not gonna lie, that is a tough pill to swallow. I'm absolutely okay with a first round exit (let's face it, that was not our season for numerous reasons) but a sweep would be so embarrassing. Come on guys, win the next one for the home fans, you cannot go out like that.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 05-04-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:39 AM   #104
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It shocks me to read how some of you don't blame the players? It isn't like we had the talent of the Bobcats. We all knew that this was more of a "big picture" season based on new CBA and the shortened season in which half the league seemed to get injured. It is what it is.

I said that Terry and VC can't take off games offensively. Add that to the pile of poo that is Haywood and there is no way to really overcome such poor performances. I've never seen a player give up like Haywood other than Odom. One hopes that Carlisle isn't alienating some of his players. I doubt it though...Rick just likes mentally tough players. But if Odom was asked to leave the team, then surely Haywood should get equal treatment for completely blowing off the playoffs. I get that Chandler was just a better center, but I've never seen Brenda just basically not show up like that in his time as a Maverick. Awful.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:59 AM   #105
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
I'm not even mad at the players, but I'm mighty pissed at management though...
Well, I, for once, am very mad at the players. It's like they refused to put their hearts on the floor. I mean, really, Dirk? That was some Kobe vs PHX game 7 sh*t in the 2nd half.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #106
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Why do fans turn on each other after losses?

And we can talk about the defense all we want, but the Thunder scored more points last year on avg yet they loss the series. The Mavs offense has been terrible all year.

Last edited by b_o_r; 05-04-2012 at 05:50 AM.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #107
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Are we not entitled to be legit pissed when the MBT blew up the team that won the championship for Dwight (who won't be coming in the summer for sure, probably never) and Deron who also may never show up?

Oh and one of the guys we let walk was the DPOY, who we traded for won a 'ship the first season we had him but let him go.

This team will still have issues even if we do get Deron.

Or maybe Deron realizes this himself and chooses not to sign here.
The Mavs would still have major issues if they had Tyson. Their back court is completely toast. It's just done, simple as that.

So you'd have Tyson AND Haywood, Marion, Dirk...and....and...what?

You can say that you amnesty Haywood all you want, and maybe they will, but it's not like you don't have to pay him. To us, amnestying just means taking him off the cap. To Cubes it means paying someone a considerable amount of money to play for someone else.

This team achieved its pinnacle RIGHT before hit went over a cliff. The Mavs had a tough choice to make, and we still have to wait for this offseason to see the result of that decision.

Personally, I'm not sure how anyone could watch Kidd and Jet (and Dirk, honestly) and still pine for Tyson. What I pine for right now is a dynamic, two way superstar. THAT'S what this team needs to play alongside Dirk.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-04-2012 at 08:21 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #108
Lor20
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It shocks me to read how some of you don't blame the players? It isn't like we had the talent of the Bobcats. We all knew that this was more of a "big picture" season based on new CBA and the shortened season in which half the league seemed to get injured. It is what it is.

I said that Terry and VC can't take off games offensively. Add that to the pile of poo that is Haywood and there is no way to really overcome such poor performances. I've never seen a player give up like Haywood other than Odom. One hopes that Carlisle isn't alienating some of his players. I doubt it though...Rick just likes mentally tough players. But if Odom was asked to leave the team, then surely Haywood should get equal treatment for completely blowing off the playoffs. I get that Chandler was just a better center, but I've never seen Brenda just basically not show up like that in his time as a Maverick. Awful.
I'd be shocked if Haywood was part of this team next season - not sure if we will find someone to trade him for (after all... 7 foot centers aren't a dime a dozen) or have to use the amnesty clause on him (I'd much rather keep Marion than Haywood).
Old 05-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #109
MavsFanTillDeath

MavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Cubans fault, which is actually strange to me since he usually understands organizations quite well, is how effective Tyson was in effecting the culture and chemistry of the Mavs. He would normally really value that more, he has talked about how important it is many times before.
cuban is only thinking about the money, nothing else. postseason success is nice for us but for him it's just a bonus. if he did resign chandler, we would have no chance to land a superstar like d-will this year or the next 2 years. we would have much better chances to repeat this year with a player like tyson but cuban wants the aac to be sold out for at least 66/82 games in the regular season not only this year or next, but for many years to come. imagine dirk retiring and you still have d-will. people will still pay good money to see the mavericks and you have the chance to attract other superstars to sign in dallas, you can still make a push for the playoffs. now imagine dirk retiring and you only have tyson chandler...

AAC:

Cuban:

Last edited by MavsFanTillDeath; 05-04-2012 at 08:24 AM.
MavsFanTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #110
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

People complaining about this team being the worst of the Cuban era is interesting to me.

I mean...it might be. It really might.

And if it is, what does that say about this franchise, and this front office that you're running into the ground? What does it say about your level of entitlement if a competitive season and a first round series that, even if it ends up a sweep, was by FAR the most competitive series over the first two games, is the worst team you've ever been forced to watch since Cuban bought the team?.

12 seasons, 10 seasons of 50 wins, 3 60 win seasons, multiple deep playoff runs, a championship, and a chance to rebuild the roster this off season around a superstar. Man...what a raw deal.

I understand being frustrated, and I understand that people deal with this frustration differently. But the level of hostility being thrown at the owner, the front office, the coach and the players that all had a part in bringing us this INCREDIBLE amount of success over the past 12 years is very disappointing.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-04-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #111
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanTillDeath View Post
cuban is only thinking about the money, nothing else. postseason success is nice for us but for him it's just a bonus. if he did resign chandler, we would have no chance to land a superstar like d-will this year or the next 2 years. we would have much better chances to repeat this year with a player like tyson but cuban wants the aac to be sold out for at least 66/82 games in the regular season not only this year or next, but for many years to come. imagine dirk retiring and you still have d-will. people will still pay good money to see the mavericks and you have the chance to attract other superstars to sign in dallas, you can still make a push for the playoffs. now imagine dirk retiring and you only have tyson chandler...
Dumbest post I've read in a long, long, LONG time. Congrats sir, it takes a special kind of person to produce a post like that without a hint of sarcasm or irony. I'm in awe.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #112
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

We were a good Lamar Odom removed from winning games 1 and 2 on the road. Next year will be different.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #113
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
People complaining about this team being the worst of the Cuban era is interesting to me.

And if it is, what does that say about this franchise, and this front office that you're running into the ground? What does it say about your level of entitlement if a competitive season and a first round series that, even if it ends up a sweep, was by FAR the most competitive series over the first two games.

12 seasons, 11 seasons of 50 wins, multiple deep playoff runs, a championship, and a chance to rebuild the roster this off season around a superstar. Man...what a raw deal.

I understand being frustrated, and I understand that people deal with this frustration differently. But the level of hostility being thrown at the owner, the front office, the coach and the players that all had a part in bringing us this INCREDIBLE amount of success over the past 12 years is very disappointing.
This. A thousand times this.

Even if we strike out this offseason (and it will be despite Cuban not because of him), we've easily seen the best decade in mavericks basketball ever. We'd be Just another disrespected expansion team without Cuban and our front office. Has every move been a smart one? Heck no, but every move was aimed at improving or reloading.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-04-2012 at 08:49 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #114
Wang Zhi Zhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to all

I'm sorry, but I've had it with Dirk mentioning the loss of last year's players in just about every press conference. Yeah, it sucks, but that's not the kind of message/tone the leader of the team needs to be sending to his current teamates in the freaking playoffs. I love TC/JJ/etc too, but they're gone. Get over it and lead THIS team.

"I would hope you would support who we are, not who we are not... This is your team."
Wang Zhi Zhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #115
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
12 seasons, 11 seasons of 50 wins, multiple deep playoff runs, a championship, and a chance to rebuild the roster this off season around a superstar. Man...what a raw deal.

You are of course right.

At the end of the day only SAS, LAL and MIA were more succesful than the MAVS (+ BOS and DET) in the last decade.

But still, one has the right to be frustrated. The MAVS really had a chance to win more than just one championship during Dirk's INCREDIBLE prime... As great as Cuban is, he also surrounded Dirk with too much crap during his INCREDIBLE career. And that's why (non all star) Jet is still our 2nd best guy since prime Finley.... Not really a thing "of beauty".

Last edited by markus1234; 05-04-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #116
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what the Lakers' boards looked like after we dismantled them last year and what those posters are doing now?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #117
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And if it is, what does that say about this franchise, and this front office that you're running into the ground? What does it say about your level of entitlement if a competitive season and a first round series that, even if it ends up a sweep, was by FAR the most competitive series over the first two games, is the worst team you've ever been forced to watch since Cuban bought the team?.

12 seasons, 10 seasons of 50 wins, 3 60 win seasons, multiple deep playoff runs, a championship, and a chance to rebuild the roster this off season around a superstar. Man...what a raw deal.

Which goes back to the strange theory that the team mailing it in last night isn't in large part their fault.

Cuban in no way wanted Odom to go bonkers, Terry to mouth off all season, or the center position to do a magical disappearing act. The young guys didn't progress properly, and the majority of the main squad had some sort of injury/ailment. Add all of that to the backcourt that now looks old and weak...and well, there it is. The reason the team needs another superstar is because the Dirkettes just can't play consistent offense.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #118
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
The Mavs were in a tough position. I felt that they were not going to win the championship again and it is better to find the replacement. The Mavs did sacrifice a year. I can live with that.

The only way to improve is to sign a big free agwnt, or land a superstar in the draft. Re-signing their own players wasn't going to make that happen. So better to cut ties and try and land someone when you have a chance.
Same here. We had a great run last year, everything came together, it was perfect. This season, we were never going to win it all anyway, maybe second round, maybe third, no way we were going to repeat with the same team. Because of the lockout, this season is forgettable, it never felt right, I don't even care about the playoffs. Let LeBron win or the Thunder, I won't watch it. Now, if we can land Deron and sign some quality role players, we will be in a great position to play a full normal regular season, come together, and make some noise in next year's playoffs. Dirk getting 4 months of rest this summer won't hurt our chances either.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #119
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
You are of course right.

At the end of the day only SAS, LAL and MIA were more succesful than the MAVS (+ BOS and DET) in the last decade.

But still, one has the right to be frustrated. The MAVS really had a chance to win more than just one championship during Dirk's INCREDIBLE prime... As great as Cuban is, he also surrounded Dirk with too much crap during his INCREDIBLE career. And that's why (non all star) Jet is still our 2nd best guy since prime Finley.... Not really a thing "of beauty".
First of all, how have Miami, Boston and Detroit been more successful over the last decade? They're not even in the conversation. If you're talking about the last 5 years, maybe Miami and Boston. But the whole decade? No. San Antonio and LA are the only two in the mix.

Secondly, talk to Minnesota about having a chance to do more with your franchise player. Talk to Houston, while you're at it. Go back a little further and talk to Philly, and to Utah. Boston put together three hall of fame player still relatively close to their prime, and have the same number of rings as the Mavs over the last decade.

Could the Mavs have been better/luckier? Sure. But that doesn't take away from the amazing accomplishments they've achieved.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 05-04-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #120
markus1234
Platinum Member

ps: OK, replace "decade" with "Dirk's career" as a NBA player.

Last edited by markus1234; 05-04-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Tags
kool aid ate my dog