Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #41
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Refs were absolute terrible, but the Thunder were the better team either way.

I hope to never see Haywood play another game. How sad to mail it in like that big fella.

Oh well, training camp is here in no time!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #42
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Congratulation to OKC. They are a great team. They grew up a LOT in that 4th qtr.

Now BEAT LA.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #43
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Como11 View Post
No way I want another old point guard. Steve Nash is on the verge of breaking anyways. His back is so messed up. Better options out there. Steve Nash is not the way to go.

If there is anyway to keep Marion, you keep him. He is amazing at defense.
Nash puts up 10 assists a game. And I think if it was something dirk wanted, Cuban should grant him that. And yeah I'm still on the fence with Marion. Maybe swap him and terry.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #44
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Refs were absolute terrible, but the Thunder were the better team either way.

I hope to never see Haywood play another game. How sad to mail it in like that big fella.

Oh well, training camp is here in no time!
Actually, I think in this game, the refs were in the Mavs favor. OKC fought through it and beat us.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #45
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

At least we weren't like Adam Morrison and cried!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #46
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimBig View Post
Deron isn't coming here. I don't know if you guys know but he's buying a house in NY and tweeted about why are people speculating about the Mavs when he never mentioned them.

Poor Dirk.
What really sucks about that is NBA superstars have only enough money to own one residence. So he's pretty much locked in there.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #47
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Nash is putting up 14 pts 11 asts at 38.

Wouldn't make us a better defensive team, but hey at least better option than signing say Terry..
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #48
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Odom was the x factor this season, and he failed spectacularly.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #49
NorwegianMavsFan

NorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really nice

I think it´s strange that none has brought up Carlisle´s coaching. I think we were unable to come up with an answer to their runs, not able to adjust during the game. The team wasn´t good enough, but I don´t think the coach was either.

Saying the refs gave OKC the series is just a joke.
NorwegianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimBig View Post
Actually, I think in this game, the refs were in the Mavs favor. OKC fought through it and beat us.
No, they weren't. You flat out didn't watch the game if you honestly believe that. I was there in person, and the refs were horrible. It doesn't matter though because OKC was the better team.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #51
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Some of you are not real Mavs fans. But sadly, you don't know who you are.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #52
Como11

Como11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
It makes me so happy that you are the one who jumps to his defense. It really does. Blissful, almost.
You do not know basketball. Most of the time you are putting people down.

"Shows what kind of human being you are. A sad lonely one that needs to go on forums and make fun of people." .......

You see how I generalized you when I don't know you. Exactly what you do.

I want you to say these same things on the forum to people you see in the street. You'll get your ass beat. So just shut your mouth or start respecting people on here. If you disagree with someone, simply state why or don't respond at all. Just show some god damn respect man. So easy to make fun of people behind a computer.
Como11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #53
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
Nash is putting up 14 pts 11 asts at 38.

Wouldn't make us a better defensive team, but hey at least better option than signing say Terry..
I sincerely doubt the Mavs replace a 39 year old pg with a 38 year old one.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #54
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I sincerely doubt the Mavs replace a 39 year old pg with a 38 year old one.
Getting younger is getting younger.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #55
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Yep. You can't fold seasons for what might happen down the road. In a nutshell, that's what Cuban did. I think you can attribute Dallas struggles in the playoffs during dirks career to not having a legit mean center.
because they grow on trees and can be had for apples....
How many legit centers do you see in this league?

There are maybe 2 two-way ones with bynum and howard, and then you have a bunch that are capable either on offense or defense but not not both.

Chandler was a huge gamble with his injury history. It played out for one season.
If you really think he is that great then why is NY getting swept badly? The NY talent this year isnt much worse than what we had last year.

Anywho...

A center and a PG are clearly on my wishlist as well. I have to say i would like to get deron and kaman (maybe in a sign and trade with haywood/roddy for kaman) for a lineup of:

Deron/Kidd
???/West
Marion/Carter
Dirk/Wright
Kaman/Mahinmi
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #56
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Getting younger is getting younger.
Umm, yeah, but next year, Nash will be 39!
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #57
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You do not know basketball. Most of the time you are putting people down.

"Shows what kind of human being you are. A sad lonely one that needs to go on forums and make fun of people." .......

You see how I generalized you when I don't know you. Exactly what you do.

I want you to say these same things on the forum to people you see in the street. You'll get your ass beat. So just shut your mouth or start respecting people on here. If you disagree with someone, simply state why or don't respond at all. Just show some god damn respect man. So easy to make fun of people behind a computer.
I read this post, but it was pretty boring.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-05-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #58
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
Umm, yeah, but next year, Nash will be 39!
So will I!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #59
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

I like Kidd but not for the Mavs next season. He wasn't great closing this year. Too many inexplicably dumb turnovers. Two DWs would be better for next season. I'm on board for Kaman, too.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #60
Como11

Como11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I read this post, but it was pretty boring.
Well I'm glad you read it. To you, it was probably 15 seconds wasted.

And I'm really happy, almost blissful, I'm the reason for that waste.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #61
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
because they grow on trees and can be had for apples....
How many legit centers do you see in this league?

There are maybe 2 two-way ones with bynum and howard, and then you have a bunch that are capable either on offense or defense but not not both.

Chandler was a huge gamble with his injury history. It played out for one season.
If you really think he is that great then why is NY getting swept badly? The NY talent this year isnt much worse than what we had last year.

Anywho...

A center and a PG are clearly on my wishlist as well. I have to say i would like to get deron and kaman (maybe in a sign and trade with haywood/roddy for kaman) for a lineup of:

Deron/Kidd
???/West
Marion/Carter
Dirk/Wright
Kaman/Mahinmi
In all of dirks career, Cuban should have found more than one legit center in Tyson. And that was by chance.

Last edited by Melonhead; 05-05-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #62
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I still think the Mavs are going to win this series.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #63
LonghornDub

Quote:
Well I'm glad you read it. To you, it was probably 15 seconds wasted.

And I'm really happy, almost blissful, I'm the reason for that waste.
Hey man, I'm just wondering (and it's cool if you want to keep this close to the vest, or whatever): did you call the Mavs getting swept? Because I just think that would be pretty impressive and totally bad ass if you did, and I'm sure others here would like to know more of your endeavors.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #64
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I still think the Mavs are going to win this series.
Kobe??

Old 05-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #65
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Kobe??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ3m5jQKLU8

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 05-05-2012 at 09:58 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #66
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Too many inexplicably dumb turnovers.
True.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #67
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Can we sign Tyson for one minute so that someone will contest harden driving the lane.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #68
Como11

Quote:
Hey man, I'm just wondering (and it's cool if you want to keep this close to the vest, or whatever): did you call the Mavs getting swept? Because I just think that would be pretty impressive and totally bad ass if you did, and I'm sure others here would like to know more of your endeavors.
I'm getting in your head now. I can tell you're really annoyed behind your computer. Probably sweating and frantically typing away. Its okay man. Everything will be okay. Just breath in. Breath out.

Oh and to answer your question. I'm a fucking genius dude. So intelligent. I'm on my Nastradamus type shit.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #69
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mark Cuban ‏ @mcuban
THat obviously was no fun, but we will be back Mavs fans. No doubt about it #GoMavs
No thanks...for this cluster cubes and nba.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #70
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

we'll win this in 9!
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #71
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Can we sign Tyson for one minute so that someone will contest harden driving the lane.
As much as I hate your Tyson posts, for this game, I couldn't agree more. The centers were pathetic.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #72
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

Any possibility of a D Will/Nash combo. Better than D Will/Kidd. Nash can at least shoot more than one shot effectively.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #73
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Might be stat of the series:

Mavs D was best without Dirk, worst with him.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #74
dude1394
Guru

Congratulations to the thunder. You beat the crap out of the Mavs in every way possible. You won every matchup, you played harder, you played smarter and with more poise. You were clearly the better team. Congrats and good luck.

Last edited by dude1394; 05-05-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #75
Como11

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Might be stat of the series:

Mavs D was best without Dirk, worst with him.
Statistics aren't statistics without numbers to back them up. Could you please show those?
Old 05-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #76
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
As much as I hate your Tyson posts, for this game, I couldn't agree more. The centers were pathetic.
Brother then you were not watching close enough the other games or the season. They ( and the Mavs defense) has been pathetic since the all star break.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #77
LonghornDub

Quote:
I'm getting in your head now. I can tell you're really annoyed behind your computer. Probably sweating and frantically typing away. Its okay man. Everything will be okay. Just breath in. Breath out.

Oh and to answer your question. I'm a fucking genius dude. So intelligent. I'm on my Nastradamus type shit.
It's actually pretty cool in here right now. 75 or so. Feels pretty nice. But I'll be sure to "breath" in regularly.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #78
sike
The Preacha

I agree that this team MUST be allowed to grow past it's dependance on JKidd. I love him, but the offense simply cannot function without him.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #79
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Statistics aren't statistics without numbers to back them up.
I stopped and had to re read this. And after much consideration, I agree.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #80
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:

That's hippy trippy. You know what...I bet you know about that full moon shit tonight. Goddamnit, I bet you already knew everything about it! It's happening pretty much right now. I'm not gonna say whether I think everything is related.

Tags
jj and d-steve, no chandler, orly?, told ya so