Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #81
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianMavsFan View Post
I think it´s strange that none has brought up Carlisle´s coaching. I think we were unable to come up with an answer to their runs, not able to adjust during the game. The team wasn´t good enough, but I don´t think the coach was either.

Saying the refs gave OKC the series is just a joke.
You beat me too it. This series exposed RC's inability to make in game adjustments. I think people were fooled by last year. He is only good if he has an entire season to work out his line up adjustments and if the opposing teams present no brainer options like the Lakers and Heats did last year because of their lack of defensive speed at the guard positions. He really has no concept or feel for game flow or syncronicy. What kind of in-game stragity is it to not make adjustments or call time outs but rather to let the on court line-up play their way out off their own difficultys. I am not disappointed in the playoff outcome because I never expected any better.

Ps. There also would really be nothing wrong with Terry on the team as long as the coach had the ability to recognize his (at the moment) level of play and sit him when he is out of sync or has that " I am getting ready to have a brain fart" look on his face.

Last edited by wilmtalk; 05-05-2012 at 10:25 PM.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #82
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it´s strange that none has brought up Carlisle´s coaching. I think we were unable to come up with an answer to their runs, not able to adjust during the game. The team wasn´t good enough, but I don´t think the coach was either.

Saying the refs gave OKC the series is just a joke.
I like this post and I agree. I brought up the coaching a couple times in the GDT. I was disappointed with Rick tonight. I think overall he is an excellent coach, but he has some flaws, and one is that he is far too stubborn and slow to adjust when one player on the other team is going off. It happened with B-Roy last year, Harden tonight and of course some other examples.

Now, the obvious counterargument is, "If he starts throwing 2-3 guys at Harden, then KD and Westbrook are going to run amok." Maybe that's true, but you have to just try some different things. And that goes beyond just putting different guys on Harden to guard him one-on-one up top. That's not good enough when he's scoring/distributing literally every possession for a whole quarter.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #83
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the Thunder??? How about SCREW the Thunder?!

GO MAVS!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #84
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

All I can think of is what might have been. Sure, maybe we would've been putting all of our eggs in a single basket without a great percentage for success, but at least we would have been going to war with the group that just showed they could beat the best teams the year before to win it all. So difficult to go from that unbelievable run last year to this abortion this year.

Who knows - maybe Cubes hits a homerun this offseason and signs Williams and 2-3 other very useful pieces and puts an instant 55+ win team together again for the final couple of years that Dirk has as Dirk (well, Dirk-lite anyway). That said, it sure would have been nice to have had that opportunity. Oh well - is what it is.

Mark better get this right or we could easily miss the playoffs next year.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #85
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Como11 View Post
Statistics aren't statistics without numbers to back them up. Could you please show those?
It's 118.49 with the Dirkster, 76.49 without. Per 100.

Mavs have been outscored 315-343 with him, went 58-56 without.

Last edited by j0Shi; 05-05-2012 at 10:21 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #86
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I love Harden's game...but he is NOT as good as he was allowed to be the entire 4th quarter.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #87
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
but he is NOT as good as he was allowed to be the entire 4th quarter.
The real scary thing is that you can say the same about Fisher...
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #88
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle didn't screw up nearly as much as the front office did.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #89
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I love Harden's game...but he is NOT as good as he was allowed to be the entire 4th quarter.
He was better than any Mavs player on the floor.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #90
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
The real scary thing is that you can say the same about Fisher...
Fisher is like a corpse until he sees Mavs' blue.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #91
sike
The Preacha

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
He was better than any Mavs player on the floor.
This is a confusing way to compliment someone...

Old 05-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #92
NorwegianMavsFan

NorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really nice

Quote:
Carlisle didn't screw up nearly as much as the front office did.
Well, maybe not. But once the team takes the court, and the game unfolds, its the coach's job to adjust tactically to what the other team brings. Im not sure he did that very well in this match up.
NorwegianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #93
NorwegianMavsFan

NorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
It's 118.49 with the Dirkster, 76.49 without. Per 100.

Mavs have been outscored 315-343 with him, went 58-56 without.
Just curious, but do you have the sample size? How many possessions were played without Dirk?

Last edited by NorwegianMavsFan; 05-05-2012 at 10:42 PM.
NorwegianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #94
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I got a little giggle from that. I guess it's a sort of salve to think so...but hey, if they are that deficient then you figure we would have found a way to get a damn game.
If you want to crown them, then crown their ass.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #95
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
As much as I hate your Tyson posts, for this game, I couldn't agree more. The centers were pathetic.
that is partially because we didnt play them much in the fourth.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #96
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Well, maybe not. But once the team takes the court, and the game unfolds, its the coach's job to adjust tactically to what the other team brings. Im not sure he did that very well in this match up.
Thunder were just better at every position.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #97
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
If you want to crown them, then crown their ass.
They are who...oh, shit...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #98
redzwestisbest

redzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really nice

It would have been nice to see Haywood in there at the same time as Harden.

I don't get how you can blame Delonte on defense against Harden because Harden scored even more easily when Delonte wasn't on him. 1 on 1 defense in the nba does not exist. You need help defenders who can defend and the Mavs have ZERO. No heart defensively or maybe it was just no smarts defensively by Dirk and Ian. Haywood at least was there.

Too many possessions were wasted in the series on force feeding Jet...way too many. Dirk can score 1 on 1 or 2...but Jet can not. Jet needs some good picks and I think Chandler was sorely missed in that department.

Its sad to see how the 4th quarter. RC went with the vets and it cost him. Delonte and roddy would have helped in there. Haywood should have played some in the 4th as he is much better at guarding the rim.

Last edited by redzwestisbest; 05-05-2012 at 11:06 PM.
redzwestisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #99
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
that is partially because we didnt play them much in the fourth.
Because they were awful. You have a second stringer starting and two third stringers as back-ups....see the problem?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #100
dude1394
Guru

Delonte was pretty awful out there.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #101
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thunder were just better at every position.
PF?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #102
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
PF?
Unfortunately, that position as well.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #103
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Can we sign Tyson for one minute so that someone will contest harden driving the lane.
Oh, please. Tyson was never known for his shot blocking. He's not a shotblocker. We played zone, and got burned, there was nobody even close to Harden once he got past the first 2 Mavs player, he would have made those baskets with Chandler in there as well. Haywood is a better shot blocker than Chandler, and that's a fact.

You guys need to realize, there is a very high probability that we lose easily even with Chandler. Let's say we win 1, or 2 games, so what? We'd have a team that surely cannot win a championship, for the the next 4-5 years, in luxury hell, without the ability to make any move, without a player that could take over after Dirk retires. Cuban made the smartest, safest bet, and that will be true even if Deron doesn't come.

About the game, i thought we got this in the 4th when we were up 13, it looks we haven't. I still can't be mad at the guys, nor at Cuban. We'll be back to being a contender, hopefully as soon as next year. Congrats to the Thunder, they were obviously the better team this year. I think they will handle the Spurs in 6 games, the Spurs could be a little more difficult if they meet.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 05-05-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #104
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Unfortunately, that position as well.
Come on now, Dirk closed the series on 26/6 i think, on around 58%TS. That's solid. While he wasn't as special as in his last 4 years in the playoffs since 2007, he was certainly better than Ibaka/Collison.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #105
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Come on now, Dirk closed the series on 26/6 i think, on around 58%TS. That's solid. While he wasn't as special as in his last 4 years in the playoffs since 2007, he was certainly better than Ibaka/Collison.
I thought durant was more active defensively, certainly in Dallas he was stellar and hit really big shots.

Oh I see, I was comparing him to durant. Ibaka/collison I compared to our centers.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #106
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Oklahoma City shot 46.7 percent from the field during the four-game series while Dallas shot only 39.1 percent from the field.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #107
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just relieved this crappy season has finally come to an end. It's annoying as hell knowing that our championship team was blown up for the roster we had this season. Even if we get Deron Williams does that change the fact we have no legit 2 guard or center? Most likely we're going to need replace Terry, and we have inconsistent young players as well. The roster just has so many flaws. For so much of the Dirk era we've looked for a center that could compliment him on offense and defense. When we finally got such a center we won a freaking championship. For some reason we let him go and now we're back to losing in the 1st round. It's just so frustrating. And please don't tell me I don't have the right to be upset because I don't want to hear it.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #108
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Congrats to the Thunder. They definitely deserved it. Good luck against the Lakers.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #109
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Oklahoma City shot 46.7 percent from the field during the four-game series while Dallas shot only 39.1 percent from the field.
It's pretty clear that our lackluster offense was our biggest hurdle, and the main reason why our post-season got cut short.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #110
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Derek Fisher shot 25-41 (61.0%) in 6 games against the Mavs this year - 2 games with LA, last 4 with OKC.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #111
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Well, that's that. We have quite a few weak positions that need desperate improvement.

I keep thinking that since we have cap space, this season was more of an experiment. I am not sure exactly how to describe the experiment. Possibly a mix of what kind of team can we surround a veteran Dirk with to maximize his skill. A team that will take the focus off Dirk, but still run the offense through him. Sure you can argue last years team did that, but Dirk still had to play amazingly for us to progress. I feel like Cubes might want to take that stress off him and distribute it. Either way, I can't wait to see what the off season brings.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:20 AM   #112
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Dirk can shoot. But that's not good enough against Harden's layups and OKC's athletism.

Last edited by beatLA; 05-06-2012 at 02:21 AM.
beatLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:52 AM   #113
jhardon

jhardon is infamous around these partsjhardon is infamous around these parts

Harden is a flopping fucker.

Last edited by jhardon; 05-06-2012 at 02:59 AM.
jhardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #114
jhardon

jhardon is infamous around these partsjhardon is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Some of you are not real Mavs fans. But sadly, you don't know who you are.
Those that defended Harden when he was elbowed by Artest and flopped on cue.

Thunder are cheap players, hope they don't win a championship.
jhardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:44 AM   #115
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

If there was one guy to pick to bring back, I'd bring back Delonte West.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #116
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I like Kidd but not for the Mavs next season. He wasn't great closing this year. Too many inexplicably dumb turnovers. Two DWs would be better for next season. I'm on board for Kaman, too.
Williams will play in crunch time, not Kidd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dirk1Nowitzki View Post
Any possibility of a D Will/Nash combo. Better than D Will/Kidd. Nash can at least shoot more than one shot effectively.
And Nash play zero defense. Defense win title.
Williams play offense, Kidd play defense.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:15 AM   #117
nodir41

nodir41 has a spectacular aura aboutnodir41 has a spectacular aura aboutnodir41 has a spectacular aura about

can somebody explain to me why roddy didnt play at all in this series?
nodir41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #118
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodir41 View Post
can somebody explain to me why roddy didnt play at all in this series?
I asked about this in another PGT and the answer I got was he just wasn't ready for the big time, at least that's the way RC felt.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #119
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
The season in a nut-shell. It held OKC under its scoring average for the series yet got swept because the Mavs couldn't score efficiently. The Mavs were never a lock-down defensive team like the Bulls or the Heat at times, so sustaining offense was the key. 81 pts after 3qtrs and score 97 for the game. If they had an average qtr to end the 4th, the Mavs could have left with a close win.

I did chuckle some when Durant and Westbrook were jacking up the long 3's with time left on the shot clock and the Mavs down 2 possession.

Quote:
Derek Fisher shot 25-41 (61.0%) in 6 games against the Mavs this year - 2 games with LA, last 4 with OKC.
Un-Fing believable. He probably score half of his season pts against the Mavs
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:52 AM   #120
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I am glad it is over. This season has been a mess.

No matter who we sign now, we have the chance to get star power and get rid of lots of old and over-the-top players. We don't need to start from scratch with an all-young lottery bound team. Cuban's decision is in the long-term interest of all those knee-jerking 15-year old fair-weather fans who have only seen the Mavs winning all those years and have yet to experience to root for a 15-win team in a half-empty arena. Thanks to Cuban were are not going the route of the Kings, the Nets, the Suns or the Rockets. Looking forward to next season.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jj and d-steve, no chandler, orly?, told ya so