Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-19-2009, 01:36 AM   #1
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
That,s my point your basketball IQ is zero....when you draw a foul you don't shoot free throws...unless you are in the penalty...please tell me you forget to edit your post......I'm out
Lmao, when you draw a foul you don't shoot ft's? I hope this is just a language barrier. You know what a shooting foul is right? I don't recall JJB racking up copious personal fouls on anyone...

Last edited by CadBane; 11-19-2009 at 01:37 AM.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:54 AM   #2
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Lmao, when you draw a foul you don't shoot ft's? I hope this is just a language barrier. You know what a shooting foul is right? I don't recall JJB racking up copious personal fouls on anyone...
No a language barrier my friend....should I write draw a charge foul...I though that was the topic.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:00 AM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How ironic that you questioned pepe's reading comprehension, when you are the one with the epic fail. He was talking about drawing offensive fouls.

Let me slow this down for you so that we can all be sure you comprehend. When you draw an offensive foul, it means that you are playing defense (that means that the other team has the ball, and is trying to put it in the basket on your side of the court) and that you stake a claim to a position on the floor that the offensive player (he's the one who is trying to put it in the basket you are defending) would like to gain, and that offensive player (again, guy with the ball) does something he shouldn't, according to the rules (like run you over, or shove you out of the way). In a sense, you "induce" (cause) the offensive player to commit a foul...which is how we come to the phrase "draw a foul."

Read it a few times, to be sure you get it. Once you master this, we can move on to other things.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:03 AM   #4
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
How ironic that you questioned pepe's reading comprehension, when you are the one with the epic fail. He was talking about drawing offensive fouls.

Let me slow this down for you so that we can all be sure you comprehend. When you draw an offensive foul, it means that you are playing defense (that means that the other team has the ball, and is trying to put it in the basket on your side of the court) and that you stake a claim to a position on the floor that the offensive player (he's the one who is trying to put it in the basket you are defending) would like to gain, and that offensive player (again, guy with the ball) does something he shouldn't, according to the rules (like run you over, or shove you out of the way). In a sense, you "induce" (cause) the offensive player to commit a foul...which is how we come to the phrase "draw a foul."

Read it a few times, to be sure you get it. Once you master this, we can move on to other things.

You dumb MF'er, he didn't say anything about drawing an offensive foul. He said "drawing fouls". When you are fouled on offense, you say the player "drew a foul". It was just a miscommunication, but what he said was "drawing fouls". So if you're going to try and be a troll, at least don't be an illiterate one.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:08 AM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You dumb MF'er, he didn't say anything about drawing an offensive foul. He said "drawing fouls". When you are fouled on offense, you say the player "drew a foul". It was just a miscommunication, but what he said was "drawing fouls". So if you're going to try and be a troll, at least don't be an illiterate one.
It wasn't a miscommunication, it was poor reading comprehension on your part. As you noted, Barea didn't shoot any free throws. He didn't pick up any shooting fouls on the opposition. He did, however, draw an important offensive foul in the late stages. It was clear to everyone who watched the game what pepe meant. Except for you. And based on what you noted, you should have known better!

I don't know how anyone could communicate this any more clearly to you. If you will take your JJB rubber off, perhaps this wouldn't be such a problem.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:12 AM   #6
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
It wasn't a miscommunication, it was poor reading comprehension on your part. As you noted, Barea didn't shoot any free throws. He didn't pick up any shooting fouls on the opposition. He did, however, draw an important offensive foul in the late stages. It was clear to everyone who watched the game what pepe meant. Except for you. And based on what you noted, you should have known better!

I don't know how anyone could communicate this any more clearly to you. If you will take your JJB rubber off, perhaps this wouldn't be such a problem.
Here's a tip in life friendo, just because you throw around words like "everyone" and "obviously", doesn't make it true. It was clear to everyone? Really? Did you pull a survey on that one? Moreover, he said "foulS". He drew ONE offensive foul. Anyway, I'm not going to waste anymore time on you. I know people like you, they simply have trouble grasping reality. Whatever goes on in their disilusioned head is simply immutable.

Anyway, nice quote from Bonner:

“I hoped he was having an off night,” said Matt Bonner(notes), one of several Spurs who tried to guard Nowitzki. “I can play perfect defense and jump as high as I can and he can still score.”

Last edited by CadBane; 11-19-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:15 AM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Here's a tip in life friendo, just because you throw around words like "everyone" and "obviously", doesn't make it true. It was clear to everyone? Really? Did you pull a survey on that one? Moreover, he said "foulS". He drew ONE offensive foul. Anyway, I'm not going to waste anymore time on you. I know people like you, they simply have trouble grasping reality. Whatever goes on in their disilusioned head is simply immutable.
Thanks for the discussion. When we do it again, remember to wear nice shorts.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:17 AM   #8
cchriswake
Banned

cchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these partscchriswake is infamous around these parts

Quote:
You didn't extol JJB. Negative rep. And your license to watch basketball has been revoked.
Learn the game of basketball first kid before you "revoke" anyone's license to watch basketball.

Quote:
He was talking about drawing an OFFENSIVE FOUL, JUST LIKE YOU HAD IN YOUR ORIGINAL POST. Wow, and I thought all the idiots went to spurstalk.com or clutchfans.bbs apparently they forgot one moron in... you
cchriswake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #9
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchriswake View Post
Learn the game of basketball first kid before you "revoke" anyone's license to watch basketball.

He was talking about drawing an OFFENSIVE FOUL, JUST LIKE YOU HAD IN YOUR ORIGINAL POST. Wow, and I thought all the idiots went to spurstalk.com or clutchfans.bbs apparently they forgot one moron in... you
Sarcasm is clearly an acquired taste. No wonder you have one box.

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!