Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-28-2012, 02:54 AM   #41
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Refs ruined a great game.

Mayo, clearly enough has already been said about him. A lot of it true...but I hope he gets things figured out because I like him, I like his work ethic, I like that he wants to be here and learn from the Citys best baller in history. I think he has some headcase issues. IF he don't believe he is capable of performing on the A tier level he will never live up to his potential. HE will just be the guy that comes off the bench and when he's feeling it, light you up for 20-25. IF not he might get you 8 and a -.

I have an issue with Dirk, If he is ok to be out there, he needs to go get the fackin ball! Yea yea, COllison and Mayo need to be better at entry passes and getting him the ball but....A lot of that is on him. He's wondering around pointing at Mayo when Collison had the ball up top. AS if it were a good idea to go to him instead?! I understand he just came back but if he's in the game, make plays! Don't run to the corner or don't trot up and half ass attempt to set a pick. I give him more credit for the ball not getting in his hands than the guards. I think anyone mavs related would have rather seen a rusty Dirk on tired legs take control there than anyone else.
He got bullied out by Ibaka late too for an offensive rebound, maybe there was a foul, maybe it was a flop, but you can't go flopping on slight contact at that point in the game. He just looked panzy there. Didn't even try to sell the call or complain to the ref.

What happened to going to CDR twice and he converts by schooling K Martin and caused a timeout? Why wouldnt we have a little more of that. It never came back.

I did like the effort against a top 3 team in the league even tho they didn't have their "A" game. I think it's a nice foundation to build on.

fart.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-28-2012 at 02:56 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 03:50 AM   #42
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Once and only once in the fourth quarter and overtime, nowitzki got the ball in the low block. Double team came and three crisp passes later Marion scored on a drive. That high screen was really not working because neither of the guards could pass after the screen or drive effectively. It was infuriating to see dirk on the floor again only to be wasted. The guy has at least four spots where he is deadly in iso. Get him the ball there and get out of the way, and be ready to pass. Really not that tough.

Elton Brand setting picks in the middle of the floor and not doing anything after it is awful. We are plain lucky Carter hit those threes with no one in the paint early in the fourth with Brand doing nothing, otherwise I don't think it would have been close.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #43
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
3 Crazy no calls in the Thunder's favor tonight:
Durant not getting called for contacting the ball off the backboard (The same play he drove the court and had that amazing dunk),
Kaman not getting the call when he clearly got hit in the head, and
Ibaka getting like 4 or 5 steps without being called for a travel.

Did anyone else see those differently than I did? Because to me, they seemed like easy calls.
I saw that and thought the same thing...
OKC Free Throws attempted 28
DAL Free Throws attempted 16
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #44
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Recalibrate your mavs expectations otherwise the rest of the season will be too painful to watch. At this point I'm hoping for a high draft pick (top 8) and for Dirk to get healthy. I think Collison can be a solid back up PG and mayo a scorer off the bench. We just need to build from there.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #45
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Making the playoffs will almost be as exciting as winning it all. I kind of like this situation. It feels like postseason already. Every game matters from now on.

Last edited by markus1234; 12-28-2012 at 09:40 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #46
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Recalibrate your mavs expectations otherwise the rest of the season will be too painful to watch. At this point I'm hoping for a high draft pick (top 8) and for Dirk to get healthy. I think Collison can be a solid back up PG and mayo a scorer off the bench. We just need to build from there.
Okay, see you in june back on this board. Have a good time.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #47
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Okay, see you in june back on this board. Have a good time.
Serious question. What are you realistically expecting from this team?I need to make sure we are both in living in reality otherwise I'd be wasting my time to have any further discussions with you.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #48
Burns41

Burns41 is on a distinguished road

I will say this Brand has done nothing but take up space on our bench this year. I was excited when he showed up and now I wish that we would have went another direction. Like Scola or something.. I mean he has not scored or played D or done anything.. And now you cant move him for anything.. You are just stuck with him.. This has been the most disappointing year I can remember in the 13 years I have been watching the Mavs... It is a sad day in DTown.. I feel really bad for Dirk..
Burns41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #49
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

I think Brand is having an OK-year so far. With Dirk back, he does the dirty work and has no problem with it, it seems. He and Dirk work, same with Wright! Once they win a few games, it will all look better. Question is: Will it be too late?
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #50
ottawasucks

ottawasucks is a jewel in the roughottawasucks is a jewel in the roughottawasucks is a jewel in the roughottawasucks is a jewel in the roughottawasucks is a jewel in the rough

Where are those idiotic OJ Mayo homers now? Went back to their hole?

This guy has been terrible for 3 weeks now. 7 ppgs in his last 4 games and 5 turnovers a game with 30% shooting. Pathetic. 5 out of his last 8 games have included 5+ turnovers.
ottawasucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #51
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Some people just default short circuit under pressure. He seems to have it. It's the difference between OJ and Dirk or insert top level player.

That said, he's not gonna continue to play this poorly.

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-28-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #52
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns41 View Post
I will say this Brand has done nothing but take up space on our bench this year. I was excited when he showed up and now I wish that we would have went another direction. Like Scola or something.. I mean he has not scored or played D or done anything.. And now you cant move him for anything.. You are just stuck with him.. This has been the most disappointing year I can remember in the 13 years I have been watching the Mavs... It is a sad day in DTown.. I feel really bad for Dirk..
I do think that what is lacking with Brand is having a big impact on the game. He does do some "dirty" work and grabs rebounds, but he just seems invisible most of the time. At times I forget he is still on the team.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #53
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

This is a growth year people. If we're lucky, Mayo and Collison will find themselves and start to be who they really are. No one actually thought we'd win the title this year, did you? Stop blaming the refs and just enjoy the progress of our young guys.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #54
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawasucks View Post
Where are those idiotic OJ Mayo homers now? Went back to their hole?

This guy has been terrible for 3 weeks now. 7 ppgs in his last 4 games and 5 turnovers a game with 30% shooting. Pathetic. 5 out of his last 8 games have included 5+ turnovers.
I'll defend OJ. He obviously has a lot of potential. If you think good players never go through struggles then you obviously don't know sports. Stop it with the knee jerking jerk comments. We'll be lucky to have him in the future.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #55
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
I'll defend OJ. He obviously has a lot of potential. If you think good players never go through struggles then you obviously don't know sports. Stop it with the knee jerking jerk comments. We'll be lucky to have him in the future.
Best defense I've ever heard.

As far as your ref comments, I take it you didn't watch the game. Clearly a factor.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #56
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk had the worst +/- on the team, and it felt like it.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #57
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Brand was horrible enough tonight to get benched in the second half. Once not even bothering to get back down court. Cut him.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entitled whiners unite!