Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-19-2008, 04:15 AM   #1
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT 12/19/2008 | 7:30pm ET | Mavs @ Nets

Streak:
DAL W 1
NJN L 1

Broadcaster: Yankees and KTXA
Old 12-19-2008, 05:20 AM   #2
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

can't wait, should be great even if the Nets lose but they really need a win. I'll take video's and pictures of thr game if snow doesn't ruin my chance of going.
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:32 AM   #3
Dallas2009CHAMPS

Dallas2009CHAMPS will become famous soon enough

Nets will lose. Devin Harris will be blinded by Kidd's greatness. He will slip and break his cervical spine. He will be paralyzed for the rest of his life and OJ Simpson will be his Nurse.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:22 AM   #4
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas2009CHAMPS View Post
Nets will lose. Devin Harris will be blinded by Kidd's greatness. He will slip and break his cervical spine. He will be paralyzed for the rest of his life and OJ Simpson will be his Nurse.
Jason Kidd has greatness? he did maybe in 2002 and 2003 after that he started not having so much greatness. I kid I kid, but really he has lost a step or too in the past years so I wouldn't call him greatness today, I'd call him a average player who can be a leader at times. Of course it still seems Dirk leads the team better, hahaha
Old 12-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #5
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

I've been waiting for this game to happen. Devin is going to put an beating down on Kidd. I see us winning this one but man will this really show us what we lost for kidd.
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier View Post
I've been waiting for this game to happen. Devin is going to put an beating down on Kidd. I see us winning this one but man will this really show us what we lost for kidd.
I agree with everything you say right here, mavs are going to win prob(would be great for me and of course Nets if mavs lost) but I think Devin is going to own Kidd in this game, we just need to make sure Dirk or Jet don't have good games and I think Nets are in it better.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #7
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
can't wait, should be great even if the Nets lose but they really need a win. I'll take video's and pictures of thr game if snow doesn't ruin my chance of going.
It will be only a great game if the Nets lose. If you have another opinion, that's definitely the wrong board for you!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 12-19-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:21 AM   #8
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

If you guys are big nba fans (not just mavs) do you guys think Yi will be a problem for Dirk?
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:26 AM   #9
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
It will be only a great game if the Nets lose. If you have another opinion, that's definitely the wrong board for you!
actually no it won't just be a great game if the Nets lose if they win it will be a great game too don't you want to see how fans treat Kidd that will be the best part of the game and then to see if Yi can stop Dirk, i mean Yi sucks now, but in the olympics he played him well
Old 12-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #10
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
If you guys are big nba fans (not just mavs) do you guys think Yi will be a problem for Dirk?
Yi might have problems with Dirk, but he did play him pretty well in the olympics, so hopefully it will be like that instead on Yi sucking hardcore against Dirk. But I think it could go bad. Yi hasn't play to well this season yet
Old 12-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #11
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yi will be NO problem for Dirk. Dirk faces much better players with more skills and range than this cat.

On the other hand Yi will recieve his ass, and Dirk will give it to him! Mark it down.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:41 AM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you watch basketball?

(if so, you'd realize how stupid this question is...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:45 AM   #13
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Do you watch basketball?

(if so, you'd realize how stupid this question is...)
did you watch the olympics? Yi was good against Dirk then, so Dirk could have trouble tonight
Old 12-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #14
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Good game tonight! I will miss Harris, if i see him
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:14 AM   #15
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
I think you will see him if you watch the game, he does play for the Nets lol
Old 12-19-2008, 11:15 AM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
oxymoron
Old 12-19-2008, 11:22 AM   #17
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

what will happen to basketballgirl25 if the mavs lose??

AHHHH!!!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #18
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
what will happen to basketballgirl25 if the mavs lose??

AHHHH!!!

nothing will happen to me if the mavs lose, nothing will happen if Nets lose either, it's one game out of a long season
Old 12-19-2008, 12:25 PM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
actually no it won't just be a great game if the Nets lose if they win it will be a great game too don't you want to see how fans treat Kidd that will be the best part of the game and then to see if Yi can stop Dirk, i mean Yi sucks now, but in the olympics he played him well
I see the educational system has abandoned the proper use of punctuation.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #20
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, there's a real Mensa level conversation going on in here.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #21
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
Dec 19, 2008
Dallas @ New Jersey--G. Willard; K. Fehr; B. Forte

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #22
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Game day threads are mostly intellectual wastelands. But sometimes they are entertaining.

Mavs win easily tonight by double digits. Harris has a good game in vain.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.

Last edited by Mavs Rule; 12-19-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #23
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wat

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-19-2008 at 01:33 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #24
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

mavs win
harris owns kidd
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:42 PM   #25
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

If the mavs win, basketballgirl25 will dissapear forever.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:43 PM   #26
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mensa.... lol

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #27
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

- The Mavs win...

- Kidd posts a triple-double...

- Harris sprains his ankle and misses a few weeks...

- Everyone on D-M continues to b!tch about the Kidd-Harris trade anyway...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-19-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #28
dissentkid

dissentkid is a jewel in the roughdissentkid is a jewel in the roughdissentkid is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
hehe.. guess not everybody here knows what a mensa is
(at least for the non germans)

btw.. hi all! newbie here. looking forward to have some fun times
dissentkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:47 PM   #29
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So sexist... Personsa is the new PC geniuses-only club. Incidentally, I am the President.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #30
SMC0007
Guru

MensRea
Old 12-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #31
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
MensRea
Nice.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:16 PM   #32
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

You can go with this...
You can go with that...
You can go with this...
You can go with that...

Drugs.

Do them.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #33
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentkid View Post
hehe.. guess not everybody here knows what a mensa is
(at least for the non germans)

btw.. hi all! newbie here. looking forward to have some fun times
Awesome 1st post
Old 12-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #34
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I foresee lots of empty seats tonight.. with the storm and what not.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #35
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

This GDT is almost unreadable.

I'll be watching this game... but posting in this thread? not so much.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:23 PM   #36
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
This GDT is almost unreadable.

I'll be watching this game... but posting in this thread? not so much.
Very strange opinion. You won't post in a gdt, because of its poor pregame performance. You must be new here. The first 2 pages of a GDT are meaningless. Much like in the NBA it's not how you start, it's how you finish.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #37
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs need to play zone a lot (IMO). The Nets have struggled mightily with zone this year. Utah came back from their deficit with the zone. NJ was blown out against Philly and a couple of other teams because of the zone.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #38
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
The Mavs need to play zone a lot (IMO). The Nets have struggled mightily with zone this year. Utah came back from their deficit with the zone. NJ was blown out against Philly and a couple of other teams because of the zone.
Let's see if Carlisle has done his homework...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #39
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
That's odd, given how awesome Devin has historically been against a zone.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #40
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

This is what happens when GermanDunk starts a GDT. sigh.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
devin who?, gdt 08/09, human race that we run, mavs equal crap, must win, my tag can beat your tag, no more germandunk gdt's!, poppycock, the sky is falling, we got hosed tommy