Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #41
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

being a fan of Dallas sports teams, you quickly (or slowly) come to realize that you shouldn't ever invest in anyone other than family and friends for a source of happiness because you'll be let down in the most a**-pounding of ways, time and time again.

disregard if you have family or friends on Dallas sports teams. lulz.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #42
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Im so sick of watching Barea dribbling in circles with his terrible passes.

Mavs have zero offense to count on other than dirk. And still he almost pulled the team out of the hole they were in.

Great defense after sucking in the first quarterish
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #43
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
We played like shit and almost won this thing. We need to cut the turnovers and overall horrible stretches of bad play and we got this.

Two more games at home. We HAVE to go up 3-2 going back to Miami. We GOT THIS.

Let's go Mavs!!!
I'll be honest... 14 turnovers against the Heat isn't that bad. What's costly is the absolutely unforced turnovers that lead to slams.. or the Marion just not paying attention turnover that ended up being a lebron throwdown.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #44
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Then don't watch.

Seriously. Nobody's forcing you. If all you're gonna do is whine and cry, why don't you stop watching and do something else that will cause you less problems? There are some great books and movies out there. I hear this "music" is pretty good, too.
You're right. I've already decided this is my last season following the NBA, win or lose. I take it way too seriously.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #45
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You're a pussy
This may have been what I wanted to say to him. I'll neither confirm nor deny.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #46
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Barea hasn't been a non factor..he's been a negative factor.
Beaubois must play over him... He is more reliable on defense and can hit shots.

Both turn the ball over like rookies so whatever on that lol.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #47
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

I never thought i would say that but we needed more Stevenson.

Whats Haywood status for game 4?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #48
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever.

Onto Tuesday.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #49
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
You're right. I've already decided this is my last season following the NBA, win or lose. I take it way too seriously.
It's not that you take it too seriously. It's that you don't know how to take it.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #50
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzness81 View Post
Terry and Marion let Dirk down in the 4th.
The Box tells a different story, but it feels like Dirk was on his own most of the game.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #51
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
Beaubois must play over him... He is more reliable on defense and can hit shots.

hm... no

but i would try brewer over peja for some min

Last edited by Dan1; 06-05-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Dan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #52
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
He didn't score very well, but his pick and roll play on the offense was very effective and he deserved to play for such a long stretch in the third.
R u serious? The Mavs have to go zone with him on the court which is killing them.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #53
MavsFanSinceDayOne

MavsFanSinceDayOne will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41creepingdeath View Post
Sorry, but the refs excuse doesn't cut it this time. We got almost all the questionable calls. We could have won this. F*ck it. Must-win at Tuesday.
What game were YOU watching?? I agree the Mavs got 2 calls ... maybe 3 at the most ... but they DID NOT get "almost all the questionable calls". The Heat got 2 or 3 TIMES the questionable calls that the Mavs got. And that is not that of me being a Mavs homer. It just is the truth.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #54
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Quote:
11-0

we just saw the championship slip away again. I don't know if I can watch anymore. I don't want to see the heat beat us. I wish I could just not care.
/This

If we don't win both at home it's over.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #55
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx View Post
it is what it is... which is the difference, is it not?

bitch
Because no questionable calls went our way? Really??
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #56
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You're a pussy - I bet your dad hates your guts.

Mavs in 6.
Way to kick a guy at his lowest point. My dad died of cancer last month. If I knew you I would beg you to say that to my face.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #57
Dan1

Last edited by Dan1; 06-05-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Dan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #58
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
It's not that you take it too seriously. It's that you don't know how to take it.
But he knows WHERE to take it... every time.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #59
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

xrobx, I'll be honest..part of me doesn't want to watch anymore.. That's just the way it is when you suffer through a heart wrenching loss such as this. However, you'll be glad that you watched when the Mavs win game 4 to even the series.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #60
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I think Haywood was missed in this game and I really hope he plays the next game.

I'm not giving up on the Mavs yet and would it kill RC to give Brewer a chance to see what he can do vs. the Heat because Peja hasn't be right since the Lakers series.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #61
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I recommend getting on both knees rather than bending over fully standing...

that's what I've learned over the years from getting continually ass fucked by these pussy ass Dallas teams I support.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #62
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

First, this isn't Dirk's fault. The German did more then enough, all he asked for was a little help from his teammates. We cannot afford to turn the ball over so much, it's just unreal. When we turn the ball over they destroy us at the other end of the court because lets face it, we're not athletic as they are. Our beloved Mav's are a veteran team and we need to show that with ball handling or else we are going to lose, plain and simple. 2nd, we NEED someone else to step besides Dirk. Peja has been fucking awful this series and Terry is on and off. JJ needs to get his head straight and learn to pass and set his teammates up. If he drives, he CANNOT afford to miss at all or else no one will take him seriously when he drives.

I was counting on JJ being the xfactor for us since he can draw the defense to him but since he is not hitting his shots he becomes worthless.

Bottom line imo.. our bench needs to step the fuck up.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #63
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Since some people don't like new threads...

Reasons we lost:

1. The Heat continue to shoot out of their ass from three.

Chalmers: 4-6 (now 8-18 on the series) 35% beforehand for the playoffs

Wade: 2-4 (now 6-15 on the series) 20% beforehand for the playoffs

It's nothing short of bullshit luck, and I doubt it changes.

2. JJB. 2-8, 4 turnovers, yet somehow our clueless excuse of a "coach" plays him 19 minutes. How many wide open threes does he need to miss? How many times does he have to fail to get the ball to Dirk? How many times does he have to turn it over? How many times do guys have to shoot right over him? We win this game if that POS could hit just one WIDE OPEN shot.

3. Peja. I'm beyond done with him. I don't want to see that worthless POS play one more minute. It's one thing if he misses shots. It's another to play with ZERO effort. That's what he did. He demonstrated ZERO effort on defense and for a stretch it the 2nd half it KILLED us. He gave a WIDE OPEN three because his lazy ass didn't rotate. Guys were busting their ass on D...except for him.

4. Coach Dumbass. Overplaying JJB yet again. This POS has been a liability ALL series, yet you play him almost half the 4th? You go to him early in the third? Then, he waited WAY too late to start trapping Wade in the 4th. It was clear Wade was killing us, make someone else beat you.

5. Once again, it's Dirk and scrubs. Sad story of Dirk's life. There's just too many times where he gets NO help whatsoever. None. Even with constant double teams, 34 points. Next highest scorer, 15.

11-21. +12.

Rest of team, 17-69. That's 25% folks. 25%. Way to step up, boys.

Sad that in a game Dirk played so fantastically, his teammates let him down so hard. That's probably the ring right there. Pisses me off he and Kidd won't get a ring because of bitches like Peja and JJB.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #64
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I'll be honest... 14 turnovers against the Heat isn't that bad. What's costly is the absolutely unforced turnovers that lead to slams.. or the Marion just not paying attention turnover that ended up being a lebron throwdown.
Yea I said this in the GDT at halftime. The fact that the majority of our turnovers are by a general NBA consensus "unforced". It's not that their defense is pressuring us into all of these turnovers. The mental lapses and passes...blahhhhh
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #65
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo98564 View Post
Because no questionable calls went our way? Really??
an illegal Chalmers 3 is the difference on the scoreline....

the tons of questionable calls we benefited from are embedded into our overall score as well...
Old 06-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #66
Murphy3
Guru

xrobx, regardless of what whether or not what you say is true (and I do not doubt you), it is unquestionably not ok for you to take that type of abuse for what you said in this post game thread. I do apologize for the behavior of some.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #67
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

The way the game was going early in the 4th I would have liked to see Kidd come back about a minute in. It's the finals and J.J. is awful. Would stretching him to 40 kill him? Rick knows his players better then I do so maybe 36 is the limit but it was tough to see the game get pissed away in the first 5 minutes of the quarter.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #68
HEAT WAVE
Banned

HEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
The refs were trying to give us this game. Jet and Peja and JJ just didn't want it.
this. im glad someone noticed. it was a tough game like they'll all be, miami finally did the smart thing of putting ud on dirk instead of bosh, if not the game would still be on. i hate when people blame refs! but i just cant help to contradict myself. mavs got all the calls. ive never seen so many loose ball fouls! ive never seen dirk get fouled but someone else took the freethrows. i really couldnt believe the traveling on james,the loose ball foul on ud, when he was in front!. that game was handed to you guys. idk how miami won it. im glad but, not too happy.
HEAT WAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #69
MaverickOutlaw
Banned

MaverickOutlaw is infamous around these partsMaverickOutlaw is infamous around these partsMaverickOutlaw is infamous around these parts

Next time I should get to start the GDT for a Mavs title.
MaverickOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #70
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
We gotta get some offense outside of Dirk. We played great defense on the whole, but I would say no one other than Dirk did better than a C offensively. And that's probably being kind.

Peja is completely useless right now - this is a horrible matchup for him. Time for Carlisle to just throw in the towel and give Brewer a shot.
Yes, that was the deal before we entered the playoff´s. Players ( Bench ) stepping up, while the Heat focusses on Dirk. But i did not see them for most of the time.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #71
MaverickOutlaw
Banned

MaverickOutlaw is infamous around these partsMaverickOutlaw is infamous around these partsMaverickOutlaw is infamous around these parts

Mario half court shot was over and back.
MaverickOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #72
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAT WAVE View Post
this. im glad someone noticed. it was a tough game like they'll all be, miami finally did the smart thing of putting ud on dirk instead of bosh, if not the game would still be on. i hate when people blame refs! but i just cant help to contradict myself. mavs got all the calls. ive never seen so many loose ball fouls! ive never seen dirk get fouled but someone else took the freethrows. i really couldnt believe the traveling on james,the loose ball foul on ud, when he was in front!. that game was handed to you guys. idk how miami won it. im glad but, not too happy.
Hey buddy, good to see you back. Nice insights!

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #73
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Jjb and peja are losing this series. If peja isnt a dnp coaches decision in game 4, excluding situational subs like cardinal tonight, its a mistake.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #74
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post

You sir are a complete moron. People need to get off roddy's nuts, how many minutes does he have in the playoffs? I agree he will change the game...buy allowing 20 more pts.
DTownKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #75
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
We played like shit and almost won this thing. We need to cut the turnovers and overall horrible stretches of bad play and we got this.

Two more games at home. We HAVE to go up 3-2 going back to Miami. We GOT THIS.

Let's go Mavs!!!

This has been our excuse every game. Mavs played like shit and we almost won. Umm, when are they NOT going to play like shit?
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #76
Murphy3
Guru

I don't think the Mavs got all the calls by any stretch of the imagination.. there were some questionable calls that went both ways. The push in the back that Kidd was called for on Wade was a call in which a ref should be fined or fired. There were missed calls both ways. Overall, I just don't have a huge problem with the way the game was officiated.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #77
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
2. JJB. 2-8, 4 turnovers, yet somehow our clueless excuse of a "coach" plays him 19 minutes. How many wide open threes does he need to miss? How many times does he have to fail to get the ball to Dirk? How many times does he have to turn it over? How many times do guys have to shoot right over him? We win this game if that POS could hit just one WIDE OPEN shot.
The formula for Barea's minutes needs to be (48 minutes) - (Kidd's Minutes). Short of overtime, this should never be strayed from. It's beyond me why you would keep him on the court when Kidd is in the game.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #78
waterking

waterking is on a distinguished road

Jason Terry is/will always be overrated. His defense is questionable at best and his shooting is something that no team should ever depend on. He always tries to play through bad shooting and in the Finals that is definitely not a possibility.

If Dallas loses this series it will always be looked at as the series that Jason Terry killed.
waterking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #79
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm the same way. I stopped watching after 2006 when we lost.. I could not handle the humiliation in high school. But don't worry man, I have faith in this quad and you should too. We are going to rebound in game 4, we will win this series, just watch. Now everyone wants to talk crap about the mavs being soft, just watch how we're going to destroy them in game 4. Just hang in it, trust me.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #80
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieO41 View Post
This has been our excuse every game. Mavs played like shit and we almost won. Umm, when are they NOT going to play like shit?
Exactly.

The true story: Mavs played like shit and they lost.

Just unacceptable play from the bench.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote