Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default Serious Dallas-Mavs.com board Advice

So it seems like i ask for ya'lls advice everytime i need something............So let me drop the scenario:

So i currently work as a waiter in a restaurant, and i hate it. It's a dinner-only restaurant, so it takes up all my evenings, and most nights i don't get off until 11pm-1am. And the money is VERY inconsistent. It's taken away my family, and my Mavs. And at this time, i'd rather work full-time and go back to school within the next 2yrs. Having said that, i just got called in for an interview for a job that i will most likely get at a local hospital taking food to patients. It's an easy job, and the pay is really good considering the work i have to do, but i'm not completely sold on the hours. The hours are from 11:30am-8:00pm. Also, i'd have to work every other weekend, and those are 13hr shifts. Although i would get off a little earlier than i normally would where i currently work, and would get my Mavs back, i'd be sacrificing football on sundays, playing pick-up hockey (which i have fallen in love with), and going to NHL games (something else i have fallen in love with). Oh yeah, and there's a lady that used to work with me that currently works a similar position at the hospital, and she told me they start people out at the minimum, which that's still decent pay, to me it's not enough to ditch the things i love doing.

My family and I have a divided stance. My mom doesn't think i should take it because she thinks it'll take away from me getting back in school. My sister's for it. My stance is if i can get the salary i want, than it should be a no-brainer, if not then i probably won't take it. Now i know how it is to be a free agent.

What would you do if you were me?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
serious fluff advice