Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute
Default PGT: Mavs Ignore Dirk, Humiliate Themselves Against Reflahoma City (Again)

I can't believe I have to watch the end of Dirk's career be ruined by Mike F'n James, Darren Collison, Brandan Wright, OJ Mayo, Jae Crowder, and the rest of the scrubs on this awful team.

Oh, and that's probably (mercifully) Roddy's last game ever as a Maverick.

On League Pass, it seemed like there were more OKC fans than Mavs fans in the arena. Mavs have lost 14 of their last 15 games (exhibition, regular season, and postseason) against the Thunder. Watching them come in here and dump all over the house that Dirk built while he feebly is 5th on the team in shot attempts is unbelievably aggravating.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 03-17-2013 at 09:03 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

man even if the refs made the right calls, we wouldnt have won the game. Great teams always find ways to win games unlike this dallas mavs team.

These points guards are driving me crazy. I dont care even if they shoot 70 percent from the floor. These mfs never find dirk or make the right plays.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

The PGs just never seem to have a clue. We've been spoiled with Kidd and Nash...
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1nw View Post
These points guards are driving me crazy. I dont care even if they shoot 70 percent from the floor. These mfs never find dirk or make the right plays.
I am growing gray watching Mike James gd old man overdribble down the stretch of every single gd game.

Per Followill, Mavs have lead in the fourth quarter of 30 of their last 35 games.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

I can't believe we're going to watch Dirk and the team lose the same way we've lost since winning the championship. Always there at the end of games, but not calling plays, not benching useless guys, and not using his timeouts effectively... the same god damn reasons all over again.

Games 1, 2 and 4 of the first round last year, and this season's games... It feels like a god damn replay.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #6
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

LOL I just realized even Westbrook knows to pass the ball to the star player and GTFO of the way in the 4th.

Last edited by MavsFTR; 03-17-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Same shit different day.

I can't count how many close games the mavs have lost this year in the final 2-3 minutes.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
escobar317

escobar317 is a jewel in the roughescobar317 is a jewel in the roughescobar317 is a jewel in the rough

------>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Same shit different day.

I can't count how many close games the mavs have lost this year in the final 2-3 minutes.
escobar317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #9
Songbard

Songbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really nice

Any chance of moving up in the draft, by way of trade or something and getting Marcus Smart from Ok St?
Songbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #10
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

F-it. Call up Delonte West back from the Legends. Now that Roddy is done.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #11
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

So people still think RC is only little to blame? Is it really that hard to expect your coach to draw a few plays (meaning: more than 0 in the 4th) for your best player?
Old 03-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #12
MavsFTR
Golden Member

Honestly, after that quarter I'm pretty disappointed in RC too. I don't think he's our biggest problem though.

Last edited by MavsFTR; 03-17-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #13
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

RC has been dealt with half a new roster within 2 years. He's yet to develop a real core. Except for Dirk and Marion of course. We need to establish a set team in the long run.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41creepingdeath View Post
So people still think RC is only little to blame? Is it really that hard to expect your coach to draw a few plays (meaning: more than 0 in the 4th) for your best player?
ding, ding, ding. We've got a winner.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #15
Oberon

Oberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of light

Hey mates,

this is my first post, if there's some kind of rule to introduce yourself, I will do it another time

I'm from Würzburg by the way, maybe that explains why I've been a Dirk Nowitzki Fan for like 15 years and later on also became a fan of the Mavs.

To be honest, I only signed this board because I am really pissed right now. Seriously, I just can't watch this any more. I stayed up around 10-15 times this season (games usually start at 1 or 2 am here) only to see Dallas loosing one game after another in such an embarrassing way! Today it was probably the last time I was watching them, the team is not worth of getting support if they continue to play like crazy bitches

The team's inability to get the ball to Dirk, especially if he is on fire like he was today for the major part of the game, is just unbelievable. He shot 80% and only got 10 attempts, hahahaha are they kidding me? I can't remember many plays where Collison involved Dirk at all... in any of the games I watched. He is just useless. Indeed, he is a lot quicker than Kidd (in his old days), but he has not even half of his Basketball IQ. My gosh!

Crowder, holy crap the turnovers in the last quarter made me wanna through away my PC. Wright, ok this guy has some guts I have to say but if he can't make the shots then why does he not pass the ball to someone else? Mayo wastes his talent (he obviously has a lot of that). Always disappearing in the last quarter, what a jerk! Mike James - I kinda feel sorry for him. He does his best, makes some big 3's in the game, but he always takes stupid decisions in the last quarter. However, he is just not good enough.

The only ones I really like on this team are Dirk, Vince, Shawn and maybe Roddy (who is constantly ignored by Carlisle)

Next season I wanna see some big deals by Cuban. Everything else would be a disgrace to Dirk. He was basically running a one-man show throughout his 14 years in NBA, he deserve's a strong team in his last years.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle draws up play, dirk/James do pnr, James goes into lane, dirks so wide open he can build a house, James instead continues into the teeth of the defense and throws up some ridiculous shite.

Stupid Carlisle.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #17
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41creepingdeath View Post
I agree on the topic in general, but Dirk pointed to the defense tonight and he has a point. 29 4th quarter points are not bad at all... unless you give up 35 on the other end.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #18
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Oh OJ...if only you mattered more...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #19
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Carlisle draws up play, dirk/James do pnr, James goes into lane, dirks so wide open he can build a house, James instead continues into the teeth of the defense and throws up some ridiculous shite.

Stupid Carlisle.
Remind me who is responsible for putting James in the game?

Dirk not getting shots here or there is certainly a players problem....Dirk not getting long stretches and key stretches is certainly a Carlisle and Dirk problem.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 03-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #20
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Oh OJ...if only you mattered more...
Agreed. These games where he just makes so little positive impact have me seriously questioning his long term value.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #21
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post

Stupid Carlisle.
So you're saying Carlisle gets a pass for putting someone in the game who doesn't act according to the plays he draws up? I am being completely honest right now. Are you saying that in defense of Carlisle? As in: he draws up plays for Dirk, but his players just don't get the job done? Because if so, then that's on the coach, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I agree on the topic in general, but Dirk pointed to the defense tonight and he has a point. 29 4th quarter points are not bad at all... unless you give up 35 on the other end.
Which is true, however, that is to expect from a high scoring team like OKC if either one of their stars gets hot (or just breathed upon so the golden child of the league can get to the charity stripe). While it's sometimes impossible to get stops, at least you can try to keep down unnecessary turnovers and get the ball to Dirk.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:07 AM   #22
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Remind me who is responsible for putting James in the game?

Dirk not getting shots here or there is certainly a players problem....Dirk not getting long stretches and key stretches is certainly a Carlisle and Dirk problem.
Collison isn't any better, in fact he's worse. And mayo cannot keep from dribbling the ball off his foot in crunch time.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-18-2013, 02:11 AM   #23
samoan-maverickII

samoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to all

Reflahoma City... classic
Old 03-18-2013, 06:54 AM   #24
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

The positive thing about this game and the Spurs game is that we had a chance to win, we played well enough to win against the two best teams in the West. So we are not as far off as the standings make one believe. Maybe we are just one good PG away from being in the playoffs, maybe we are just one good PG and one good Center away from being a contender, maybe we are just one good PG, one good Center and one good 3-point specialist away from being a championship team. Replace Collison, Kaman and Mike James with better players and we have a team.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #25
NorwegianMavsFan

NorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
Maybe we are just one good PG, one good Center and one good 3-point specialist away from being a championship team.
We have a 3pt specialist, but he's specializing in cheering from the bench.
NorwegianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #26
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk not getting more touches only bothers me because of the players who are "auditioning" to be here next season. If James, Collison, and Mayo can't get Dirk the ball, then their respective values take a serious hit. The worst part is that Mike James actually had a better game than Mayo or Collison. Good god, if Rick benches some of the young guys so quickly, then your ass should be benched for good if you can't play better than James.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #27
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I am growing gray watching Mike James gd old man overdribble down the stretch of every single gd game.

Per Followill, Mavs have lead in the fourth quarter of 30 of their last 35 games.
scattershooting:

followill and harper went over board throwing kisses at mike james last night. they were talking about him "junk yard dogging" westbrook while westbrook was:
- scoring at will in the first quarter and
- getting james in foul trouble.
i suppose that they have to drink the rc kool aid as fellow mavs employees .

rc should play his d league guy or anyone but james. i don't dis-like james but a 37 year old player should have enough sense to pass the ball to dirk. in addition
- he's not going to be here next year
- he never was a really good player.

james is playing for a job with rc next year and you can't blame him for that (after all rc is giving him heavy minutes this year). rc should lay down the law to lose the hero routine and pass the damn ball to dirk. otherwise he is always going to go the hero route because he has nothing to lose.

the rule should be let dirk touch the ball every time down or sit. they will get good shots when the opposition double teams dirk. our championship team understood that and by passing the ball they played clinic offense.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #28
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I see what Carlisle is doing. What's the point of passing the ball to Dirk every possession. Sooner or later the other guys will need to learn how to do their thing if Dallas hopes to win. This just gives them experience. The season is already lost so might as well not kill Dirk in the process.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #29
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Once again a thread full of complaining about Dirk not getting the ball in a loss. I get that random people missed him a couple times here and there but it's not as bad as some of the stuff I'm reading on a continuous basis.

Too often Dirk goes down the court stops at the 3pt line, guarded, what's the point? Why do that? It's not like we have a slasher that is going to floor it and take it to the rim. So him drawing a big outside unless he is going to take them to the bucket on an iso is worthless. Then he slides over away from the ball taking himself out of the play. I saw that 3 times last night. In recent times, if the PnR doesn't get him the ball he gets to the elbow or gains post position. That isn't happening for some reason and it's not because of others not wanting to go to him.

Another thing is his lack of making defensive plays on a drive. Westbrook had such easy lay ups and dunks a few times when Dirk should have hacked his ass at least and send him to the line. Use the F-ing fouls. Once he let him go right by him choosing not to foul and after the layup Dirk turned and bitched at a guard for letting him get by on a pnr. How about put him on his ass, then go talk to your teammate.

This season has been long and frustrating...
Rick coaching like an asshole.
Scrubs showing occasional glimpses of greatness but averaging crap.
People on here going overboard on 'why' Dirk isn't Dirk and how it's strictly the guards fault.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #30
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I don't blame people for holding Rick accountable, but then you need to hold Donnie, Cuban, and the other coaches just as accountable IMO. The whole thing isn't working...even with the improvements. The improvements you can see playing against mediocre to bad teams, but I'm not seeing enough against the good ones. And does it really matter much if you're improving with Mike James, a guy who won't be here next season, at pg?

Old 03-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #31
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Once again a thread full of complaining about Dirk not getting the ball in a loss. I get that random people missed him a couple times here and there but it's not as bad as some of the stuff I'm reading on a continuous basis.

Too often Dirk goes down the court stops at the 3pt line, guarded, what's the point? Why do that? It's not like we have a slasher that is going to floor it and take it to the rim. So him drawing a big outside unless he is going to take them to the bucket on an iso is worthless. Then he slides over away from the ball taking himself out of the play. I saw that 3 times last night. In recent times, if the PnR doesn't get him the ball he gets to the elbow or gains post position. That isn't happening for some reason and it's not because of others not wanting to go to him.

Another thing is his lack of making defensive plays on a drive. Westbrook had such easy lay ups and dunks a few times when Dirk should have hacked his ass at least and send him to the line. Use the F-ing fouls. Once he let him go right by him choosing not to foul and after the layup Dirk turned and bitched at a guard for letting him get by on a pnr. How about put him on his ass, then go talk to your teammate.

This season has been long and frustrating...
Rick coaching like an asshole.
Scrubs showing occasional glimpses of greatness but averaging crap.
People on here going overboard on 'why' Dirk isn't Dirk and how it's strictly the guards fault.
Huge +1. If Dirk has decided (or RC) that his role is going to be a spot up 3 point shooter, then he's going to get less shots. When he rolls to the elbow he gets touches. When he's about 10 feet out on the base line, he's getting touches. When he's sedentary on the opposite side of the court of the ball standing at the 3 point line, the ball just isn't going to make it your way too often. I agree he should have gotten some more attempts last night, but he's got to make the effort to find the ball as well.

Oh, and yes our point guard situation is piss poor. I can't believe I'm actually missing Jason "slowest man in the NBA" Kidd. Just horrible...
Old 03-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #32
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
Huge +1. If Dirk has decided (or RC) that his role is going to be a spot up 3 point shooter, then he's going to get less shots. When he rolls to the elbow he gets touches. When he's about 10 feet out on the base line, he's getting touches. When he's sedentary on the opposite side of the court of the ball standing at the 3 point line, the ball just isn't going to make it your way too often. I agree he should have gotten some more attempts last night, but he's got to make the effort to find the ball as well.

Oh, and yes our point guard situation is piss poor. I can't believe I'm actually missing Jason "slowest man in the NBA" Kidd. Just horrible...
aka, Jason "biggest toe in the world" Kidd.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #33
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I don't blame people for holding Rick accountable, but then you need to hold Donnie, Cuban, and the other coaches just as accountable IMO. The whole thing isn't working...even with the improvements. The improvements you can see playing against mediocre to bad teams, but I'm not seeing enough against the good ones. And does it really matter much if you're improving with Mike James, a guy who won't be here next season, at pg?
Yup.

I don't hate M. James. I think he's playing well, in context. Idk what anyone should expect more from him. He was playing at the local YMCA a cpl months ago. He has done some good things.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #34
dude1394
Guru

Wtf does anyone think was going to happen with a set of rent a players. All whom know that next year will just be another different set of rent a players.