Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-01-2022, 10:09 PM   #1
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
Yeah I think we can all agree Kidd needs to go. Anyone disagree?
Yes

I do

That's because this team doesn't play any defense

So no matter what coach you have that won't help this team fix it's real problem

Everyone cried for wood to get more minutes. Well he did. They had 3 guys put up 20+ and still lost

It's not because of who starts or who finishes games

It's not because of who kidd prefers

The cold hard reality is these dudes just don't want to play both ends of the floor

They want to get their shots up but they don't want to play with the same energy when it comes to defending someone
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:12 PM   #2
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Team is trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Yes

I do

So no matter what coach you have that won't help this team fix it's real problem

Everyone cried for wood to get more minutes. Well he did. They had 3 guys put up 20+ and still lost

The cold hard reality is these dudes just don't want to play both ends of the floor

They want to get their shots up but they don't want to play with the same energy when it comes to defending someone
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:01 PM   #3
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarelooms View Post
Team is trash
They are a trash ass defensive team

MF's don't want to play hard (THJ) unless they are starting

MF's don't want to play defense

No fucking rim protection

Getting outworked by every fucking team in the league under .500

jack up 40 three's per game because that doesn't require any effort or ball movement.

People sick of Kidd......hell I'm sick of the long laundry list of players who have been here 4-5 years now pulling the same shit over and over again.

Blow this MF up and bring in some fresh new faces.

Fuck the locker room chemistry shit we keep hearing about every year.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:24 PM   #4
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes

I do

Lol is this kidd. You and him the only ones who hate wood. Team is trash but he?s clearly a starter on this roster.

The fact this team has zero fight, don?t want to defend with any effort correlates with the coach as well.

Edit: wood 10-13 lmao but I guess you have your told ya moment cause the team lost

Last edited by Melonhead; 12-01-2022 at 10:28 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:53 PM   #5
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Lol is this kidd. You and him the only ones who hate wood. Team is trash but he?s clearly a starter on this roster.

The fact this team has zero fight, don?t want to defend with any effort correlates with the coach as well.

Edit: wood 10-13 lmao but I guess you have your told ya moment cause the team lost
Show me anywhere in my post where I said Wood sucks or I hate Wood

I said it doesn't matter who starts or who finishes games for this team they won't win because none of them play defense.

None of them doesn't just mean Wood. That includes every single MF on this team who laces up the sneakers with the exception of possibly Josh Green.

This team can score 120 points nightly with Luka and Wood both getting busy and that won't change a damn thing at the end of the day because they are going to give up 125.

So, I could less who starts, who finishes or who scores the most points. The ultimate doom for this team is a roster full of shitty defensive players.

Kidd can't fix that shit.

This team got full of itself just like Atlanta did after they made the ECF's.

MF's decided they had arrived already and completely fucking forget it was defense that separated them from previous Mavs teams over the last 3 playoffs.

Last edited by Dallas41; 12-01-2022 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:54 PM   #6
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Show me anywhere in my post where I said Wood sucks or I hate Wood

I said it doesn't matter who starts or who finishes games for this team they won't win because none of them play defense.

None of them doesn't just mean Wood. That includes every single MF on this team who laces up the sneakers with the exception of possibly Josh Green.

This team can score 120 points nightly with Luka and Wood both getting busy and that won't change a damn thing at the end of the day because they are going to give up 125.

So, I could less who starts, who finishes or who scores the most points. The ultimate doom for this team is a roster full of shitty defensive players.

Kidd can't fix that shit.

This team got full of itself just like Atlanta did after they made the ECF's.

MF's decided they had arrived already and completely fucking forget it was defense that separated them from previous Mavs teams over the last 3 playoffs.
Saying fans were ?crying for wood? in addition to your other posts harping on any poster asking for more wood minutes WHEN ITS OBVIOUS HES A STARTER on this team, you just want your told you so as if it proves he shouldn?t be getting 30 minutes.

This topic is irrelevant to the rest of your argument and doesn?t support it because the whole team sucks at defense. There?s no effort because there?s no unity or chemistry. And I will always point to the coach when that part of a team is broken. Free throws are always a tell. Kidd is a buffoon for a coach so no he can?t fix it. You have to reward players for playing well. You can?t play games with your roster. No one on that team respects Kidd. He plays games in the media and contradicts himself within the same interviews.

Last edited by Melonhead; 12-02-2022 at 12:37 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 08:25 AM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes

I do

But if the team has given up on defense and FTs, then that means the coach has lost the team.

You are making the point that Kidd is definitely the problem. When players stop trying, then it's on the coaching.

And although it doesn't seem like it, the offense is just as much of a problem. You're running Luka to death while hoping that Spencer and THJ shoot well. And you're not starting your best center to alleviate it.

Did you ever go to basketball camps as a kid? Mavs aren't doing 101 stuff right now.

Never been more sure that it is coaching in all of my life.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote