Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #241
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
God I hate Wade. The game suffers so badly from awful flops like that. And let's no forget that Ginobili is just as bad at stunts like like that which is probably why the commentators weren't showing any sympathy.
OK, give me an honest answer ... Do you think the Spurs in general and/or Ginobili in particular have flopped this series? When it came down to the Spurs/Heat, I was really ready to see a TON of flopping. But there hasn't been much imo and really only on the Heat side that I can think of.

Given that the Heat won by 2 points, should teams really start taking flop lessons from an acting coach? I'm being honest with this question, not sarcastic. Do we need Dirk, Monta, and Vince to start acting like they get hit about 3 times a game? It would have to be a veteran do this because obviously the league doesn't give the calls to the no-name role players.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #242
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
OK, give me an honest answer ... Do you think the Spurs in general and/or Ginobili in particular have flopped this series? When it came down to the Spurs/Heat, I was really ready to see a TON of flopping. But there hasn't been much imo and really only on the Heat side that I can think of.

Given that the Heat won by 2 points, should teams really start taking flop lessons from an acting coach? I'm being honest with this question, not sarcastic. Do we need Dirk, Monta, and Vince to start acting like they get hit about 3 times a game? It would have to be a veteran do this because obviously the league doesn't give the calls to the no-name role players.
Honest answer is that I haven't watched intently enough to have noticed or cared. From my casual viewing, I haven't really noticed much flopping minus that Wade one. Still, Ginobili is like the king of floppers and Wade is his Salacious Crumb in that regard. Pretty much guaranteed to see Manu do something just as bad this series if not worse.

Should the Mavs do it? Well, some Mavs do it every now and then, but I'm hoping they won't be as bad as those two. Ever.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:28 AM   #243
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't think I would see the fine this fast but glad they did as the NBA fined Dwyane Wade $5K for his flop against Ginobli.
http://deadspin.com/dwyane-wade-fine...lop-1588271616
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #244
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

NBA's credibility will continue to be in question until they start suspending players for flopping.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #245
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

F em
Old 06-11-2014, 10:27 AM   #246
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #247
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Heat play like cowshit
Old 06-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #248
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

bohica!
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #249
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Kawhi Leonard is pretty much what every basketball team could use.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:43 AM   #250
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Hats off to the Spurs and what they did over the years. Trading up for Leonard is exactly one move you wish the Mavs will be able to pull off some day.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #251
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

reallly enjoying the beat down the spurs are putting on the heat.

I slept better.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:46 AM   #252
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

It's amazing at the level of play the Spurs are showing right now. Without a doubt, Pop is the best coach in the league. He has his entire team peaking in the middle of the NBA Finals. As much as Ginobili, Parker, and Duncan piss me off when we play them, I give the utmost respect to their performance and I especially love that they are doing it the exact same way that we beat the Heat in 2011 ... with teamwork. It may not be flashy and have people Ooh-ing and Ah-ing on sportscenter, but damn it's good to see a team win by just being a team.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #253
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I especially love that they are doing it the exact same way that we beat the Heat in 2011 ... with teamwork.
I hate the Spurs, but I have no trouble rooting for team basketball over the Heat's "superteam" approach.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:12 AM   #254
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Wade needs to just retire and be a fashion model. Watching him flop and undercut jump-shooters kills my joy of bball watching.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #255
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It may not be flashy and have people Ooh-ing and Ah-ing on sportscenter, ....
Actually, I hear plenty of oohing and ahhing. I think people are mesmerized. What the Spurs are doing right now is a thing of beauty. They're dominating the Heat without physically dominating them, without thugging the game up. The closest thing I remember to seeing a team win this way was Portland v. Philly in 1977, but there was no 3 then, and Portland (Maurice Lucas) was plenty physical. (Okay, and Mavs 2011.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I hate the Spurs, but I have no trouble rooting for team basketball over the Heat's "superteam" approach.
I don't understand how anybody who enjoys basketball can hate the Spurs right now. I understand not liking individual players--I don't like D.Howard, or Harden, or Griffin particularly, or Chris Paul at all; or holding grudges against the 2006 Heat (eff you Salvatore!); or thinking the LBJ is overrated. But what the Spurs are doing right now transcends any of that.

Gosh I hope they don't collapse.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 06-13-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #256
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The honest truth is that there just aren't really any great teams outside of San Antonio. The Spurs are great and then it goes from very,very good to unwatchable. And guess what? The Mavs are very, very good and will be even better next season.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:48 PM   #257
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Just a random question: Would the Heat be without title if they played in the Western Conference?
Old 06-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #258
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Just a random question: Would the Heat be without title if they played in the Western Conference?
Immediate answer: of course they'd still win, they beat the best team in the West.

thought-out answer: maybe? There has been a lot more research out there about how the path to the finals is as important as who you face in the finals. Teams that breeze into the finals are much more likely to win the championship. Further, there are 4-5 teams that could potentially even have knocked the Heat out of the playoffs in the West. I don't think it's a sure thing that as a western team, they wouldn't have won, but it would have been a lot harder.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:51 PM   #259
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Not 3.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #260
stoble

stoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nice

Anyone hear the post game interview with Lebron James? They asked him about the 3 losses in the finals and he said the one against Dallas was the hardest... Then my audio cut out .
stoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:07 PM   #261
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't the Mavs be the NBA's runnerup this year? They gave the Spurs a tougher series than Portland, Oklahoma, OR Miami.

Big congratulations to the Spurs. That was a great playoff run, and some beautiful basketball. I wish that we could anticipate seeing other teams try to copy their style, but sadly I don't think we'll ever see it done as well as the Spurs did it this year.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:07 PM   #262
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I took Thunder over Heat in my pre-playoffs prediction, but I now think the Spurs are going to beat both the Thunder and the Heat in five games each.
Missed slightly on the Thunder, but not too bad.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:28 PM   #263
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

So when do we start discussing the blueprint to lure LeBron James to Dallas?

Last edited by Underdog; 06-15-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:50 PM   #264
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Were we really the only team in the league to take the championship team to 7?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-15-2014 at 11:52 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:01 AM   #265
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

The Spurs are an amazing team and organization. Major props to them.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:10 AM   #266
j0Shi
Diamond Member

And they already have their next star in Leonard.

€dit: Besides, how much does the world suck in Indiana right now? They traded away the pick with which the Spurs landed a star and the second legit LeBron stopper after Stevenson in 2011.

Last edited by j0Shi; 06-16-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:22 AM   #267
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

The Spurs lost seven games on the way to their title. How dominant!

The Mavs lost five. Lightening in a bottle! Break it up.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #268
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

a couple things I got out of the finals.....

an appreciation of the all around play of Boris Diaw -
his 43 total rebounds to Duncan’s 50.
his 29 assists were the most of any player in the series.

and further noticed the decline of Dwayne Wade.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #269
MavzMan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
and further noticed the decline of Dwayne Wade.
I was actually surprised by this. I really thought he was just coasting through the regular season and taking games off to relax and save energy for the playoffs. But yeah, he was very noticeably on the tail end of his career. I still think it's odd because even though he's not young, he is only 32 which should still be in a good enough shape to perform at an very high level in the playoffs.

Oh well, makes me happier on the inside knowing that his retirement is that much closer since he is by far my #1 MHP (Most Hated Player) as he is with most Mavs fans.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #270
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

Quote:
......Oh well, makes me happier on the inside knowing that his retirement is that much closer since he is by far my #1 MHP (Most Hated Player) as he is with most Mavs fans.
AGREE

Old 06-19-2014, 06:50 AM   #271
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

fantastic grantland article by Bill Simmons wrapping up the NBA finals.
*mention of Josh Howard in the story*
24 Lingering Questions From the NBA Finals
http://grantland.com/features/24-lin...he-nba-finals/
Old 06-19-2014, 07:58 AM   #272
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm probably in the minority at this point, but I love Bill Simmons.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #273
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I'm probably in the minority at this point, but I love Bill Simmons.
I don't always agree with his opinions, and he's a smug sunnofabitch when he's on TV, but he's easily one of the best sports writers out there... Grantland might be one of the few websites on the internet that can match the overall quality of some of the top-notch printed media of yesteryear.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #274
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Default Redeemed How I Love to Proclaim It

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
fantastic grantland article by Bill Simmons wrapping up the NBA finals.
*mention of Josh Howard in the story*
24 Lingering Questions From the NBA Finals
http://grantland.com/features/24-lin...he-nba-finals/
Surprised that Simmons didn't count Dallas' championship win v. Miami as a redemptive title. I know they had to wait 5 years, but it WAS against Miami, it was IN Miami, it WAS against Dwyane Wade, and Dirk WAS the MVP.

Also, if the Mavs only get one title, I'd rather have it against Wade's and Lebron's Heat than Wade's and Shaq's.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #275
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
And they already have their next star in Leonard.

€dit: Besides, how much does the world suck in Indiana right now? They traded away the pick with which the Spurs landed a star and the second legit LeBron stopper after Stevenson in 2011.
I'm actually very happy for Leonard that he doesn't have to play with those thugs down in Indiana.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #276
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

so..... It's the offseason - thought this was an intersting take.
you have to go thru the "slide show" (page click ad revenue booster) to see what they say about all 10, but I posted what they said about our Mavs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-teams/page/11

Ranking the Last 10 NBA Championship Teams
10. 2005-06 Miami Heat
9. 2009-10 Los Angeles Lakers
8. 2004-05 San Antonio Spurs
7. 2006-07 San Antonio Spurs
6. 2010-11 Dallas Mavericks
Regular Season W-L: 57-25 (.695)
Regular Season Point Differential: Plus-4.2
Postseason W-L: 16-5 (0.762)
Postseason Point Differential: Plus-5.8
If ever there was a Cinderella story among the NBA's champions, it'd have to be that of the 2010-11 Mavericks.
To say that Dallas flew under the radar that year is like describing the end of the battle between the Mountain and the Viper as merely unpleasant. It was all too easy to forget about the Mavs amidst the shuffle of intriguing storylines around the league back then, between the inaugural march of the Heat's Big 3, the Lakers' push for a three-peat, Derrick Rose's rise to league MVP status, the Celtics' attempt to prop open their window of contention, the Oklahoma City Thunder coming into their own and, of course, the Spurs returning to the top of the West.

The stage was all but set for Kobe Bryant and LeBron James to go toe-to-toe in the postseason for the first time, or for Phil Jackson to retire after a rematch of the 1991 Finals, with the Zen Master switching sides.

But the Mavs had other ideas. With Dirk Nowitzki leading the charge, Dallas swept the two-time defending champion Lakers, made relatively quick work of OKC in the Western Conference Finals and won three games in a row against Miami to clinch the franchise's first championship in six games. Naturally, Nowitzki was named MVP of the Finals, though J.J. Barea's pesky play as a starter and Jason Terry's superb shooting off the bench had plenty to do with the result as well.
5. 2007-08 Boston Celtics
4. 2011-12 Miami Heat
3. 2012-13 Miami Heat
2. 2008-09 Los Angeles Lakers
1. 2013-14 San Antonio Spurs