Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-08-2008, 03:43 AM   #441
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

But, as point guard, Devin should try to be the one leading.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2008, 05:28 AM   #442
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
The man is a quitter
if your calling Vince Carter a quitter hope your calling Kidd one also after last season, hey I call Carter and Kidd both quitters because it's true, they both are I hope you at least are man enough to do the same if your going to call Carter a quitter
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #443
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd was still almost averaging triple doubles when he left the Nets...not sure why you think he was a quitter.

VC on the other hand has always been viewed as the underachiever. His game shows exactly how apathetic he is when he plays. His flashes of brilliance show what he can be all the time.

But, what can you do...it runs in the family. (ref. TMac)

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #444
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Kidd was still almost averaging triple doubles when he left the Nets...not sure why you think he was a quitter.
because first he said he didn't demand a trade then he came out and said he did, that to me is a quitter, if he kept his mouth shut, then I wouldn't think of him as a quitter, but demanding a trade is quiting, at least he wanted to be traded to a good team to go to we could have sent him to portland

Last edited by basketballgirl25; 12-08-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #445
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Kidd's not a quitter. Nothing wrong w/ wanting to play on a good team in the twilight of your career. The Mavs provided him that opportunity, the Nets didn't. Atleast he didn't slack off while a Net, as Carter did w/ the Raptors and at times w/ the Nets even. Kidd will not be boood when he comes back to NJ whereas Carter is always bood at Toronto

Vince Carter on the other hand is an apathetic loser. One of those players whose stats ominously spike up when they're playing for a contract, then come back down when their contract is given.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #446
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Kidd will not be boood when he comes back to NJ whereas Carter is always bood at Toronto
Kidd won't be get as many boo's as Carter does for sure, but I don't think he will get a great welcome back like Iverson did in philly, I mean I don't think he will get a standing ovation. I know on Net message boards lots of people have said they won't cheer him, so he will deff get some boo's, just not as many, Raptor fans are bitter, 5 years after it even if Carter is a quitter it is time to get over it, but then again any player who can have great games when hearing all those boos, got to give him credit, so it is better no on boo's Kidd so he doesn't have fire
Old 12-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #447
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Rod Thorne came out and said that Kidd didn't play as hard in his last days as a Net. That was one of the reasons they gave in to his trade demand.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #448
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Rod Thorne came out and said that Kidd didn't play as hard in his last days as a Net. That was one of the reasons they gave in to his trade demand.
if you were a Nets fan, you could see Kidd was still good, but at the same time just not trying hard like you said in this comment.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #449
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

so this may have been posted already, but i didn't really want to read through the entire thread...

Saw this on TV the other day and thought it was pretty funny. Harris lands in a crowd of laker girls and doesn't want to leave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbwkfuCiEFs

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 12-08-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:25 PM   #450
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Kidd's not a quitter. Nothing wrong w/ wanting to play on a good team in the twilight of your career. The Mavs provided him that opportunity, the Nets didn't. Atleast he didn't slack off while a Net, as Carter did w/ the Raptors and at times w/ the Nets even. Kidd will not be boood when he comes back to NJ whereas Carter is always bood at Toronto

Vince Carter on the other hand is an apathetic loser. One of those players whose stats ominously spike up when they're playing for a contract, then come back down when their contract is given.
I thought Vince Carter gets boo'd in Toronto because they're pissed off he left lol. Bosh will get the same treatment after he bolts.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:03 PM   #451
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I thought Vince Carter gets boo'd in Toronto because they're pissed off he left lol. Bosh will get the same treatment after he bolts.
Carter wanted to be traded, but then again the players who the traded for him didn't want to be there, so can you really blame carter for wanting out. mourning refused to show up and then I think it was Eric Williams how said he didn't want to play for the Raptors and said they could send him the the worst team in the nba
Old 12-08-2008, 10:38 PM   #452
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

The Raptors were absolutely screwed in that deal, Mourning is a quitter as well. He should have been man enough to play out his contract instead of whining where he was getting sent to... its a business. And Aaron and Eric Williams? Uber scrubs.

I think it was best for the Raptors to get rid of Carter's negative attitude. The fact that all they could find for him was that awful package tells me a lot of teams didn't want to risk him quitting on them as well. It's always best to keep your mouth shut if you an athlete.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:19 AM   #453
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post

I think he openly admitted to quitting on the Raptors, or atleast insinuated. Surely was supported by the sudden spike in his productivity upon the completion of the trade.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:04 AM   #454
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
It's always best to keep your mouth shut if you an athlete
thank you for saying this, I couldn't agree more, i don't care who it is it could be Lebron, Kobe, Carter, Dirk, Kidd, Iverson, etc all should keep their mouth shut.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #455
basketballgirl25
Banned

great read

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c...9339/index.htm

also some good read about Nets and Knicks Rivalry

http://njmg.typepad.com/zzone/2008/1...e-rivarly.html

Last edited by basketballgirl25; 12-09-2008 at 04:59 PM.

Tags
worst thread ever