Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-27-2022, 10:44 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
given what we've seen up until this point - how valuable is Trae? Can he ever be the best player on a championship team? does he just need more time to improve or is he what he is at this point?
clearly a gifted offensive player but a huge negative on defense. Just so limited on that side of things i don't know that there's any possibility of improvement really...
I mean Nash was like that and he was fairly successful but never won anything.

I still think Nash was 100x the creator, though. His ballhandling and court vision was maybe 2nd or 3rd all-time.

Trae? NBA is trying to make him a star, but he's Stevie Francis at best and without Yao, Francis flared out quick.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 11:48 AM   #2
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I mean Nash was like that and he was fairly successful but never won anything.

I still think Nash was 100x the creator, though. His ballhandling and court vision was maybe 2nd or 3rd all-time.

Trae? NBA is trying to make him a star, but he's Stevie Francis at best and without Yao, Francis flared out quick.
I just had a back and forth with a Hawks fan on twitter. I commented on a Statsmuse tweet showing Trae's awful series and how we can put to bed any remaining arguments that Hawks somehow won the trade and if Trae is even in the same atmosphere of Luka.

I also stated I would take SGA straight up over Trae and I don't think I would hesitate.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:06 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I just had a back and forth with a Hawks fan on twitter. I commented on a Statsmuse tweet showing Trae's awful series and how we can put to bed any remaining arguments that Hawks somehow won the trade and if Trae is even in the same atmosphere of Luka.

I also stated I would take SGA straight up over Trae and I don't think I would hesitate.
35% shooting
22% from three
20 field goals made, 24 turnovers

Hard to argue that he didn't have one of the most inefficient series in modern history

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-27-2022 at 12:07 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:38 PM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post

Well their argument is that he is 6'1. So is Brunson who is averaging 28 ppg in the postseason so....

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:04 PM   #5
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well their argument is that he is 6'1. So is Brunson who is averaging 28 ppg in the postseason so....
right... so would you take Trae over Brunson at this point? Since they've been drafted i've wondered what Brunson would be able to do if given the same opportunities that Trae has.
They've both had 4 years to grow and adapt to the NBA game.
no question the hawks should be looking for a better coach, but interesting how things have flipped compared to this time last year when the hawks were headed to the ECF and Brunson had struggled vs. the clips again...
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote