Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-14-2004, 09:07 PM   #201
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all
Default RE: Dallas @ Washington Gameday Thread

I hope the Mavs haven't forgotten how to play defense already....
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2004, 09:07 PM   #202
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Honestly, I don't think he finishes well enough in odd-man breaks. He makes too many poor decisions.
Well, he doesn't finish "well enough" to justify not getting the ball to the open man as often as he fails to do so, but that's a different issue from whether or not he's a good finisher, per se.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:10 PM   #203
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas @ Washington Gameday Thread

Regardless, I still do not think he's a good finisher because he makes too many poor decisons...puts himself in bad situations not only because he doesn't make the right pass but too often he fails to pass completely when needed.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 10:17 PM   #204
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Marqis is a damn good player who will only get better. Remember, this is his second year and most of last year he didn't even sniff the court. Now to another matter. What happened to Josh today. He looks awful. He isn't rebounding and his shot aren't even close.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 10:56 PM   #205
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Josh's ankle might be bothering him some. Just a thought.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:14 PM   #206
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirk2003
Still havent figured out why Nelson janked dirk when he was 4/4
Haha...wonder if you're a Dirk fan. I feel your pain man, maybe it was his turnovers? But I agree, taking Dirk out took him completely out of his zone. He ended up hitting his next shot, then missing his next five. It wasn't until after the half that Dirk picked it back up again and hit his NEXT FIVE. Imagine if Nellie had never taken him out, maybe Dirk would've hit all 15? Dirk2003's gotta back me up on that one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 12:13 AM   #207
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quis wouldn't be on the team if he isn't a good finisher. He can't shoot and doesn't pass when he needs to. The only thing he does well is finishing near the basket, especially in traffic. True, lately he's missed way too many layups for my comfort. Maybe it's his ankle or just a confidence/rhythm thing. But he did show in the Miami game why we've given him that big contract. He's a special talent.

Good win for Mavs on the road against a very talented (offensively!) team. I'm sorry to see our streak of keeping opponents under 42% and 100 points end. But all streaks have to end some time. I'm happy to see Dirk taking full control of the team very early in the season. So much for Nash's departure hurting his game (where's Captain Disaster?). He better be the WC player of the week and hopefully he keeps this up to stay in contention for the MVP of the league this year. KG's the only better choice so far.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 12:25 AM   #208
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Stackhouse greeted with boos in Washington

09:43 PM CST on Sunday, November 14, 2004

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

WASHINGTON – Unlike fans at American Airlines Center for Eduardo Najera or, coming Tuesday, Steve Nash, it wasn't hard for fans at the MCI Center to work up some serious venom for Jerry Stackhouse.

In fact, there was no love anywhere. But the former Wizard got the last laugh, rattling in 28 points for the second day in a row.

"You never did that last year," a fan yelled after Stackhouse hit a 3-pointer late in the first quarter.

Stackhouse's two years with the Wizards were not the best times. In that respect, he knew he would not receive a warm welcomed Sunday afternoon.

"I knew it probably wouldn't be all positive," Stackhouse said. "I kind of snuck in during a timeout and they didn't have a chance to boo me. But then once I touched the ball ... I guess that's a sign of respect."

The fans got a kick out of Stackhouse getting stripped on the first play after he entered the game.

But he finished with four 3-pointers, and his former teammates all gave him hugs on the way off the floor.

"It feels good to come back here and win," Stackhouse said. "When you get traded, logic tells you that you want to tell them they made a mistake. I was here at the end of the Michael Jordan era, and we all know how that turned out. But I have a lot of friends over there."

Just not too many in the stands.

Not looking back: Antawn Jamison had a good time in his season with the Mavericks. But he believes it could be a lot better in Washington.

He knows it's going to be a lot more productive on the court.

"I learned a lot in my short stay in Dallas," Jamison said. "But this owner and this team can use my talents more. Not that Dallas couldn't, but we had too many guys fighting for minutes [at the same position]."

In Washington, the Wizards don't have three players competing for minutes at power-forward like the Mavericks had last season.

"That helps a lot," he said. "I have a lot more to contribute than [15 points per game]."

Coach Don Nelson had good things to say about Jamison.

"He plays every game, he plays hurt, and he did a hard thing for me by agreeing to come off the bench," Nelson said. "I know he didn't like it, but he made the best of it."

The Wizards, along with Orlando, figure to be one of the Eastern Conference teams with a chance to be playoff contenders after years of mediocrity.

"We're young, but they want to learn and they want to get better," Jamison said. "I'm not here just to pick up stats. I want to win, too. I've been in situations where there was a lot of turmoil. This is a better situation.

"I think we can make some noise and surprise a lot of people."

Good and bad: Erick Dampier had a lukewarm game until the fourth quarter, when he blocked a shot by Jared Jeffries with the score tied and had a key dunk.

Washington center Brendan Haywood won the statistical battle against Dampier with 20 points and nine rebounds.

"If you rely on stops in the fourth quarter, why not stop them the rest of the game, too?" coach Don Nelson said. "Damp was big in the last five or six minutes, but we need him to be big all game."

Briefly: Don Nelson said he saw something Sunday that he might not have seen before. "You can go back a lot of games and very seldom do you have four guys score 20 points and not win," he said of the Wizards. ... Jason Terry had 11 assists, a high for any Maverick this season. ... Washington became the first team this season to score 100 points against the Mavericks and the first to shoot better than 42 percent.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:05 AM   #209
beergod

beergod is on a distinguished road

It was a early back to back road game.... Nellie was just trying to rest his guys.
beergod is offline   Reply With Quote