Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #401
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

No race baiting. I just know how you think.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #402
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
No race baiting. I just know how you think.
Thats the spirit I like to see. Tell me what I am thinking now? Better yet, tell me what the numbers are going to be next week for the lottery. By the way, you owe me some rep points. How about it ole friend?
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:03 AM   #403
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
who cares what money they spent on palin? it's not "wasteful", she should look as good as she can.

I'm confident that obama and biden are not shopping at goodwill for their suits...
Exactly...I'm sure if we saw all the receipts from both campaign buses some people would be appalled, and that's just the way it's always going to be. I wonder how much money they all spend on food...they're not exactly eating ramen either.

But the public buys what the press is selling, and they've only got the one option these days...Joe Biden predicts international crisis within 6 months of Obama getting elected and the top article on drudge and google news this morning is Palins clothing.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:03 AM   #404
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
who cares what money they spent on palin? it's not "wasteful", she should look as good as she can.

I'm confident that obama and biden are not shopping at goodwill for their suits...
I call it wasteful, because according to reports, she is not even keeping the clothes . You know that has to be funny that they are spending money like that, while McCain is so much against wasteful spending.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #405
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
as you know, those items (tax records and licenses) are already public info, easy to get by just about anyone.
Sure they are, but it's not hard to get the other stuff, either. If you actually try, that is.

Quote:
not too hard to find obama's birth certificate, here's one place
Yes, I'm familiar with the digital copies of an alleged birth certificate that have been produced by the Obama campaign.

Are you aware that Obama is being sued by a lifelong Democrat who is alleging that Obama isn't a citizen of the United States? Nah, probably not. It seems like that might be a newsworthy item, but apparently the MSM doesn't think so.

Quote:
or his medical situation
here's a news story about obama's medical history
I'm talking about the medical records from the hospital in Hawaii where he was allegedly born. Should be VERY easy for him to obtain and disclose.

Quote:
as for columbia college, what information would be relevant? do you want to know what courses he took? his professors? we know he matriculated, that's about all that is important.

isn't it?
I'd like to know about his political involvements on campus. I'd like to know about his drug use. There are a number of things I'd like to know about. The media has managed to dig up a lot more about Sarah Palin in 2 months than they have about Obama in 20.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #406
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
But the public buys what the press is selling, and they've only got the one option these days...Joe Biden predicts international crisis within 6 months of Obama getting elected and the top article on drudge and google news this morning is Palins clothing.
Irrelevant. Even if The One isn't going to respond in a way that seems correct at the time, you just need to be prepared to support him.

Okay?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #407
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Exactly...I'm sure if we saw all the receipts from both campaign buses some people would be appalled, and that's just the way it's always going to be. I wonder how much money they all spend on food...they're not exactly eating ramen either.

You know what, I agree on it, and I also agree that Biden should not have made those remarks right now as well. Not only because National Security plays in McCain favor for the most part, but he may be privy to some insider information on some increased activity and should have been quiet on this situation.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #408
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
you are aware that joe leiberman in june said the very same thoing joe biden did about the islamic terrorists likely trying something soon after the next president starts, right?
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:10 AM   #409
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you are aware that joe leiberman in june said the very same thoing joe biden did about the islamic terrorists likely trying something soon after the next president starts, right?
NO, I didn't know that. Report on that too. I want the media to do their job. They're not doing it.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #410
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Biden didn't say they were going to test "the next president". He said they were going to test Obama.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #411
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Sure they are, but it's not hard to get the other stuff, either. If you actually try, that is.
yes, what you asked for is easy to find.

Quote:
Yes, I'm familiar with the digital copies of an alleged birth certificate that have been produced by the Obama campaign.

Are you aware that Obama is being sued by a lifelong Democrat who is alleging that Obama isn't a citizen of the United States? Nah, probably not. It seems like that might be a newsworthy item, but apparently the MSM doesn't think so.
"alleged"? not too hard to see where your slanted view resides.

yes, I'm aware of philip berg's lawsuit, and imo it is frivilous. this issue has been vetted and resolved.

Quote:
I'm talking about the medical records from the hospital in Hawaii where he was allegedly born. Should be VERY easy for him to obtain and disclose.
those would be his mother's records, and why would they be released? not relevant.

Quote:
I'd like to know about his political involvements on campus. I'd like to know about his drug use. There are a number of things I'd like to know about. The media has managed to dig up a lot more about Sarah Palin in 2 months than they have about Obama in 20.
wow, talk about ridiculous. "political involvements"? sounds like a witchhunt for whatever contacts that he might have had that could be exploited in an attempt to smear him to me.

joe mccarthy is resurrected! let's leave that tragic legacy behind us, ok?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #412
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Biden didn't say they were going to test "the next president". He said they were going to test Obama.
looks like the words are going to be one in the same...
Old 10-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #413
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thank you.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #414
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
yes, what you asked for is easy to find.
So why not get it?

Quote:
"alleged"? not too hard to see where your slanted view resides.
My viewpoint resides in the realm of legal proof, something I'm quite certain I'm more familiar with than you. What Obama has produced thus far constitutes nothing more than hearsay.

I say alleged birth certificate because what he has produced thus far does not constitute legal proof of his citizenship.

Quote:
yes, I'm aware of philip berg's lawsuit, and imo it is frivilous. this issue has been vetted and resolved.
You're very well read, so I'm sure that you are. Why is it, though, that CNN/NBC/ABC/CBS/PBS/Fox haven't done stories on the issue? (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

Since you are familiar with his lawsuit, you are probably also familiar with who he is. Philip Berg is a lifelong Democrat who assisted with Al Gore's legal challenges in Florida in 2000. It's really hard to employ the usual character assassination techniques against him that Democrats employ against pretty much anyone else.

I completely disagree with your assertion that the issue has been "vetted and resolved." Moreover, I think we can both agree with Philip Berg on one point: This is an issue that COULD be very easily resolved. All Obama would have to do is produce his original birth certificate and the medical records from the hospital in Hawaii verifying that he was born there, and the issue could be put to rest.

So why won't he do it? When a similar lawsuit was filed against McCain, he immediately produced his original birth certificate and medical records to address any concerns.

It's simple: produce the birth certificate and medical records. What good reason could there be not to do it?

Quote:
those would be his mother's records, and why would they be released? not relevant.
Why wouldn't they be released? It would be really simple to verify her identity and the fact that she gave birth at the hospital in Hawaii to a son named Barack Hussein Obama.

Don't you think it's important to take what are really simple steps to verify that the man meets the Constitutional requirements to serve as President?

Quote:
wow, talk about ridiculous. "political involvements"? sounds like a witchhunt for whatever contacts that he might have had that could be exploited in an attempt to smear him to me.

joe mccarthy is resurrected! let's leave that tragic legacy behind us, ok?
Nice red herring, but it won't work with me.

It is fairly standard stuff to find out about the college career of Presidential candidates. That's how we discovered that both Bush and Kerry were members of the Skull and Bones fraternity, etc. Stop acting like it's something that it's not.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #415
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
looks like the words are going to be one in the same...
You're missing the point. He said that they would challenge the United States because Obama will be in charge.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #416
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Don't you think it's important to take what are really simple steps to verify that the man meets the Constitutional requirements to serve as President?
I do. And I expect that someone somewhere is responsible for doing this, and has already done it in this case.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #417
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Well really kg is that surprising? I think we all know that McCain would respond with force.

There is a perception that Obama would resist that. But we don't know.

I think that's what Biden meant. I didn't think it was bad for him to say that at all. I don't get the scrutiny.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #418
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I do. And I expect that someone somewhere is responsible for doing this, and has already done it in this case.
Then why don't THEY step forward and put the issue to rest? I frankly don't know whether he is or isn't, but I DO know that it's something that is easily resolved. McCain resolved the issue with regard to his citizenship quickly by producing the records. There is absolutely no good reason to lay behind the log on this issue.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #419
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Well really kg is that surprising? I think we all know that McCain would respond with force.

There is a perception that Obama would resist that. But we don't know.

I think that's what Biden meant. I didn't think it was bad for him to say that at all. I don't get the scrutiny.
I don't guess it's a bad thing to say. He really was just prepping Democratic supporters for the idea that when Russia or Iran, for example, openly defy the United States and dare them to do something about it, they shouldn't be surprised to see Obama back down.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #420
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I agree. I'm sure presidential candidates tend to spend alot of money on clothes.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #421
Silk Smoov
Banned

I think it is stupid as hell to EVEN suggest that Obama would back down from enemies. I stand behind Obama 100% that when and/or "IF" he is confronted with obstacles or challenges as a President he will rise to the occasion. I think it is just silly thinking to think otherwise. There are NO cowards running for President, and I even think ole Palin would not back down as well, no matter what if she is right or wrong if America is attacked.

If your worries are about Obama being soft, then you dont have a reason to worry. Now, if you worry that he will NOT rush to judgement, then be VERY worried. I do worry that McCain WOULD rush to judgement and we could be in worse shape as we are now.

BUT, back down for any of the President or VP candidates, I KNOW not..
Old 10-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #422
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
So why not get it?
??? they have the birth certificate, they provided it for all to see, so it's a question of what else you need....

Quote:
My viewpoint resides in the realm of legal proof, something I'm quite certain I'm more familiar with than you. What Obama has produced thus far constitutes nothing more than hearsay.

I say alleged birth certificate because what he has produced thus far does not constitute legal proof of his citizenship.
it's a birth certificate from the state of hawaii establishing that he was born there, so a) he is the child of a us citizen. b) born on us soil.

just what other "legal proof" do you seek? it's enough!

Quote:
You're very well read, so I'm sure that you are. Why is it, though, that CNN/NBC/ABC/CBS/PBS/Fox haven't done stories on the issue? (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

Since you are familiar with his lawsuit, you are probably also familiar with who he is. Philip Berg is a lifelong Democrat who assisted with Al Gore's legal challenges in Florida in 2000. It's really hard to employ the usual character assassination techniques against him that Democrats employ against pretty much anyone else.

I completely disagree with your assertion that the issue has been "vetted and resolved." Moreover, I think we can both agree with Philip Berg on one point: This is an issue that COULD be very easily resolved. All Obama would have to do is produce his original birth certificate and the medical records from the hospital in Hawaii verifying that he was born there, and the issue could be put to rest.

So why won't he do it? When a similar lawsuit was filed against McCain, he immediately produced his original birth certificate and medical records to address any concerns.

It's simple: produce the birth certificate and medical records. What good reason could there be not to do it?
for one, berg is a hillary clinton supporter who (my take) is misguided in his efforts to remove obama from the ballot in hope that hillary would become the nominee.

the fact that he is not a republican does not mean that the lawsuit isn't frivilous, and the fact that he is a democrat doen't give the lawsuit any stronger foundation.

obama has furnished a birth certificate provided by the state of hawaii. the "original" could not exist (do you know where your original bc is? I don't know where my original bc is...) and for all intent and purposes the state has validated his birth in hawaii.

Quote:
Why wouldn't they be released? It would be really simple to verify her identity and the fact that she gave birth at the hospital in Hawaii to a son named Barack Hussein Obama.

for most of us, that step was taken when the state issued birth certificate wasvalidated as genuine and shown here .

Quote:
Nice red herring, but it won't work with me.

It is fairly standard stuff to find out about the college career of Presidential candidates. That's how we discovered that both Bush and Kerry were members of the Skull and Bones fraternity, etc. Stop acting like it's something that it's not.
he's provided what is relevant, and stuff such as skull and bones is irrelevant. who cares?

the whole issue of delving into the college "associations" is the red herring...
Old 10-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #423
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

This is all interesting stuff and I know nothing of the validity or not of this "Birth Certificate" issue, but Mavdog asks a question about supplying our own original birth certificate.

Well, that is not a problem. I actually have mine and I have the Gov't papers that show my U.S. citizenship as a result of being born abroad.

I was born in Spain and have my original Spanish Birth Certificate along with the form from the US (I forget the form number)...I needed these documents when I joined the Military back in 86'

So, I believe that this is a fair question to ask regarding the original copies.

If on the same token, this is a State Certified copy due to a loss of an original and the State of Hawaii has the data to support that this is legit, then also this should be a non-issue.

What is fishy, is that again we have a smoking gun that Obama refuses to simply put the cards on the table. There is no full disclosure with this guy, it's like no matter what he is asked, he hides a portion of the answer. Why...this is a huge Character Flaw waving a flag to all of us that he is hiding something and who knows how much he is hiding.

How many smoking guns will it take for his supporters to take at least a cursory look and explain the history of Obama, which is not pleasant to say the least.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #424
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone else think we know waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much about 92bdad's personal history? Every single post is a mini-autobiography!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #425
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So where is the corresponding clothes bill for barack?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:13 PM   #426
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Barack is representing neither "regular old hockey moms" nor "Joe Six-Pack." Six pack of Dom Perignon, maybe!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #427
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Barack is representing neither "regular old hockey moms" nor "Joe Six-Pack." Six pack of Dom Perignon, maybe!
Yes, Obama is representing the snooty rich. He is, after all, The One.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:35 PM   #428
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
obama is an old fashioned guy, he pays for his own clothes.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #429
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think more properly, the correspondence would be a hair-plug/botox bill for Biden.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #430
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
??? they have the birth certificate, they provided it for all to see, so it's a question of what else you need....

it's a birth certificate from the state of hawaii establishing that he was born there, so a) he is the child of a us citizen. b) born on us soil.

just what other "legal proof" do you seek? it's enough!

for one, berg is a hillary clinton supporter who (my take) is misguided in his efforts to remove obama from the ballot in hope that hillary would become the nominee.

the fact that he is not a republican does not mean that the lawsuit isn't frivilous, and the fact that he is a democrat doen't give the lawsuit any stronger foundation.

obama has furnished a birth certificate provided by the state of hawaii. the "original" could not exist (do you know where your original bc is? I don't know where my original bc is...) and for all intent and purposes the state has validated his birth in hawaii.

for most of us, that step was taken when the state issued birth certificate wasvalidated as genuine and shown here .

he's provided what is relevant, and stuff such as skull and bones is irrelevant. who cares?

the whole issue of delving into the college "associations" is the red herring...
Okay, now your transformation IS complete. Much like Alan Colmes, you completely ignored what I said and just repeated yourself.

BTW, you'll have to pardon me if I don't want to trust FactCheck.Org on this one, either. I don't find them to be "non-partisan" at all, and I found their article on the subject very unconvincing.

The lawsuit will ultimately be dismissed, because Berg doesn't have standing to bring the case. But that doesn't make the question he is raising illegitimate. In fact, this is a question of legitimacy, and it is one that has yet to be answered.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #431
chumdawg
Guru

Is she just a good ol' hockey-mom, Joe-six-pack sort of gal, or is she Richard Gere's "Pretty Woman"?
Old 10-22-2008, 09:58 PM   #432
chumdawg
Guru

KG, let me get this straight, because I have actually spent a good deal of time today thinking about it. You are claiming, correct, that the birth certificate Obama produced is not sufficient evidence to establish that he meets the Constitutional requirements of the presidential office?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:25 PM   #433
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
KG, let me get this straight, because I have actually spent a good deal of time today thinking about it. You are claiming, correct, that the birth certificate Obama produced is not sufficient evidence to establish that he meets the Constitutional requirements of the presidential office?
I am saying that without a witness with knowledge to verify that the document is authentic or certification of the document by the appropriate government agency in Hawaii, the document legally proves nothing.

I am also saying that it would be very easy (and this has not been disputed by anyone, because it is clearly true) for Obama to sign a release which would allow the press to have access to his medical records in Hawaii.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:29 PM   #434
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am saying that without a witness with knowledge to verify that the document is authentic or certification of the document by the appropriate government agency in Hawaii, the document legally proves nothing.

I am also saying that it would be very easy (and this has not been disputed by anyone, because it is clearly true) for Obama to sign a release which would allow the press to have access to his medical records in Hawaii.
Are you saying he has NOT signed a release to have access to his medical records in Hawaii so this could be verified? And no MSM has bothered to look at it. Not even C"BS"? It would seem right up their alley.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-22-2008 at 10:30 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:47 PM   #435
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean here. The state issued a birth certificate record, but it needs to be certified by the appropriate government agency of the state? What is it you are asking for? We certify that that which we have certified is indeed certified?

Quote:
Does it not stand to reason with you that if there are details in Obama's medical records that will set this issue to rest with you, they would have already been been released? Do you wish to speak as an expert on the state of medical records in Hawaii in 1961?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:57 PM   #436
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We certify that that which we have certified is indeed certified?
I'm not sure what kind of copy has been offered. But you do need a certified copy of your birth certificate to get a marriage license in Texas. And you need one to enroll in school. I don't think a non-certified copy will do.

Quote:
Does it not stand to reason with you that if there are details in Obama's medical records that will set this issue to rest with you, they would have already been been released? Do you wish to speak as an expert on the state of medical records in Hawaii in 1961?
This begs a question.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:23 PM   #437
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

So does my birth certificate need to be certified before I run for president too?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #438
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
I'm not sure what kind of copy has been offered. But you do need a certified copy of your birth certificate to get a marriage license in Texas. And you need one to enroll in school. I don't think a non-certified copy will do.
Are there issues of birth certificates that are not certified?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #439
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City View Post
So does my birth certificate need to be certified before I run for president too?
I would think that if there were questions about your eligibility, the answer would be yes. Or else why bother with the rules for eligibility? I think getting a certified copy is as easy as filling out a form on the web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawh
Are there issues of birth certificates that are not certified?
evidently, there are non-certified copies available. I'm not sure what goes into certification, but since the state requires a certified copy, it must mean something.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:12 AM   #440
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
evidently, there are non-certified copies available. I'm not sure what goes into certification, but since the state requires a certified copy, it must mean something.
I was in a position once where I needed a copy of my birth certificate, not having the original. I was able to get one, and it was certainly certified.

What's more...if I hadn't been born in the county, I don't expect that I would have gotten one.

I don't expect that govermental entities are in the business of handing out "non-certified" copies of birth certificates.