Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-01-2005, 01:10 AM   #1
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road
Default Dallas @ Philadelphia Gameday Thread

In the 4th quarter of both games on this current road trip (Detroit and Boston)...Dallas has really stepped it up...and to quote Nowitzki..."imposed their will upon the opponent". Championship teams elevate their play in crunch time...and that's what the Mavs have done up to this point. Philadelphia is really struggling right now. They're fighting for their playoff lives. The 76ers have lost 2 games in a row...including an embarassing 29 point loss to the Suns the other night. AI is having a terrific season. He didn't play in the last game versus Dallas earlier this year...it didn't matter though becuase they ended up winning. Iverson will be a handful. Terry/Harris/and maybe a little DA need to step it up on the defensive end. Dampier had an awesome game against the 76ers in the earlier matchup...14 points 26 rebounds and 7 blocks. Apparently...he should be available tonight. We'll see how he does. She-Webb hurt her shoulder in the Suns game and I don't believe she will play. After what the 76ers did to us last time...I hope Dallas does not take this team lightly. If the Mavs can get off to a good start in tonight's ballgame...I think Dallas can come out of the Wachovia Center with a win. Go Mavs!

91-83 Mavs
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2005, 05:38 AM   #2
Don_Didi

Don_Didi is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Dallas @ Philadelphia Gameday Thread

This is a matter of honor. No Leastern team speeps the Dallas Maericks this season. You're right, She-Webb own't play (out 7-10 days). With New Jersey hunting, Philly might find itself out of a playoff spot pretty soon. As long as Iverson doesn't completely explode on us, we should be fine. Go Mavs!
Don_Didi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:34 AM   #3
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE: Dallas @ Philadelphia Gameday Thread

Iveron scores 70

Mavs win 105-73

(Korver gets open for a 3, and Avery goes livid)
Old 04-01-2005, 09:41 AM   #4
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

hopefully John Salmons won't treat us like we dropped the soap again.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:42 AM   #5
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Mavs need to pay these guys back. Mavs 105-90
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:03 AM   #6
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

What mystifies me is that the game is listed as even money on the ESPN line. Phillies without webber and have lost a few key games. I put the line at Mavs by 5.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:28 AM   #7
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I'm going to the game tonight with my brother!!!!!! I haven't seen a Mavs game in a few weeks, so this is gonna be a whole lot of fun. Everyone watching the Dallas broadcast, look for me in my JHo Pdiddiy jersey.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:35 AM   #8
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

is Pavel going to the IR?
Old 04-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #9
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

Mavs win, and by double digits. THis team is on a roll, and Avery has them believing in themselves. Go Mavs!
Old 04-01-2005, 12:56 PM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: birdsanctuary
What mystifies me is that the game is listed as even money on the ESPN line. Phillies without webber and have lost a few key games. I put the line at Mavs by 5.
That's exactly the line: Mavs minus 5. If you saw it as a pickem, that must have been a glitch.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:09 PM   #11
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Just curious, why is every single gameday thread started by akaarod03 editied by a moderator?
Old 04-01-2005, 01:11 PM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: irontoad
Just curious, why is every single gameday thread started by akaarod03 editied by a moderator?
The "edit" is to add the sticky so the thread will stay at the top of the forum.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:26 PM   #13
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

We have a full roster with everybody healthy for the first time all year and we have 11 games to play. Oh, and we can clinch the playoffs tonight.

Let the pounding begin.

Mavs win 112-94.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:40 PM   #14
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
I'm going to the game tonight with my brother!!!!!! I haven't seen a Mavs game in a few weeks, so this is gonna be a whole lot of fun. Everyone watching the Dallas broadcast, look for me in my JHo Pdiddiy jersey.
How much did you pay for that jersey?

127-98
Mavs win by many i cant add that up.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:00 PM   #15
MaverickFFL

MaverickFFL is on a distinguished road

EVERYONE LOOK AT THE PICTURE OF DIRK IN THIS THREAD, THE "LARRY WHO" ONE!!!

My cable cut out for about 5 minutes during the game and apparantly that happened during the cable cutout so I missed it

I heard there was a scuffle between them? Why the hell aren't any of our players in there trying to back Dirk up? what the hell is wrong with us?

or were there?

someone fill me in please thanks
MaverickFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:02 PM   #16
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

There was no scuffle (except a tiny one between dirk and some second year guy), just words and quickly called technicals. It was nothing, except for another "Dirk doesnt take crap" moment.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:15 PM   #17
MaverickFFL

MaverickFFL is on a distinguished road

ah, thanks HexNBA

Dirk should have been like "scoreboard" and then pulled out a jackhammer and taken off Ricky Davis' head and then drop the hammer and rip off Walker's head with his bare feet, and stood on top of the Celtics' coach shoulders and flexed his muscles while doing bicep curls with a 20 foot log

MaverickFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:36 PM   #18
jaxthecracker

jaxthecracker is on a distinguished road

^question^ Walker came off the bench to take part in the tiff (see towel in hand), so shouldn't he have been suspended for that? Oh well, doesn't matter. It's past.
jaxthecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #19
Don_Didi

Avery said Dampier would play Stackhouse-style minutes, so we won't start.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:18 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I missed Avery saying Damp wouldn't start. I did hear him say he would play limited minutes.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:45 PM   #21
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Don_Didi
Avery said Dampier would play Stackhouse-style minutes, so we won't start.
This is from Pinto's game preview...

Dallas will likely welcome Erick Dampier back in this game as a starter. He’s expected to play the game’s first six minutes or so and then return for the first six minutes or so of the second half. Damp will be challenged by Sixers starting center Samuel Dalembert’s athletic explosiveness around the rim. He’ll need to work to keep Dalembert occupied at both ends of the floor, as Samuel loves leaving his man to contest shots around the rim. May Damp’s career night against this foe will inspire him to a bang-up first game back from the extended absence.

Don, did Avery say Damp will not start or is Pinto just speculating?
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:59 PM   #22
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

This would still be Stackhouse minutes, just that he would be starting.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:16 PM   #23
Don_Didi

Ah, of course, my stupid mistake. I should sleep more. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 06:44 PM   #24
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road

let's go philly
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:48 PM   #25
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: irontoad

And why does every single gameday thread started by akaarod03 end with a "I think Dallas can come out of the <insert venue here> with a win. Go Mavs!"?
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:09 PM   #26
Don_Didi

Because he needs consistency in his life?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:15 PM   #27
Don_Didi

Hmm, looks like it was Pinto's speculation after all.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:16 PM   #28
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Is there any station that I can stream that has the mavs game on? Or is this an NBA monopoly, etc.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:19 PM   #29
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Good deal, jason ready to play tonight, looks aggressive.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:19 PM   #30
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Wo HO....Shawn vs. Iverson jump...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #31
dude1394
Guru

Boy the mavs really look confident out there. Nice block shawn!
Old 04-01-2005, 07:21 PM   #32
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Mavs are playing great D. We just need to make some shots.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:22 PM   #33
dude1394
Guru

Good damn straight he ws over shawn's back... Good call ump.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:23 PM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Good damn straight he ws over shawn's back... Good call ump.
either it was a late call, or they ignored the over the back and only called it when Dalembert clobbered bradley
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:27 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

It looked late or we just didn't hear a whistle. But yea if shawn had gotten the rebound it probably wouldn't have been called.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:28 PM   #36
dude1394
Guru

Now let's see how the rook comes in.

1st - A turnover.
2nd - At least he allowed Phillie to get a 3 in the lane.
Nice josh...
Old 04-01-2005, 07:28 PM   #37
dude1394
Guru

Oh devin...very,very nice.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:28 PM   #38
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Nice defensive play by the rookie.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:29 PM   #39
dude1394
Guru

Damp issetting some monster picks.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:30 PM   #40
dude1394
Guru

Nice block damp!!!!