Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #41
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm done judging basketball players outside of two areas: Playoff games, and the 4th quarter of close games.

That's it. If he (Gooden), or anyone else, can't play at those times, I am not interested.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #42
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well..I know I made fun of this thread...but I really have no idea where else to put this:
How 'bout a thread for how minutes should be distributed?

Good grief. There are 4 or 5 threads of discussion in this thread already.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #43
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But I obviously don't have any problem with someone being underwhelmed with the acquisition.
But not based on just one series where he was a back up, right? That seems to be Bob's entire determining factor.

(I don't mind listening to Coop talk hoops)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #44
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Coop is great. I just didn't include him because he doesn't have a regular show. I like listening to Followill too.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #45
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I'm done judging basketball players outside of two areas: Playoff games, and the 4th quarter of close games.

That's it. If he (Gooden), or anyone else, can't play at those times, I am not interested.
And I'm done only basing players on those two areas because I enjoy watching basketball as a whole. Of course you want a player to play well in the playoffs and the 4th quarter, but I won't absolutely disregard someone who doesn't. That's silly. If Dampier gave three quarters of awesome basketball, then I'd be pretty happy with that.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #46
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
And I'm done only basing players on those two areas because I enjoy watching basketball as a whole. Of course you want a player to play well in the playoffs and the 4th quarter, but I won't absolutely disregard someone who doesn't. That's silly. If Dampier gave three quarters of awesome basketball, then I'd be pretty happy with that.
As long as Gooden gives a quarter of awesome basketball along with Dampier's three, I'd be pretty happy with that.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #47
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs still struggling to defend point guards

October 28, 2009, 8:04 AM

By: Tim MacMahon

You often hear the term "cut the head off the snake" in conversations about defending elite point guards. Washington's Gilbert Arenas delivered a venomous bite to the Dallas Mavericks in the season opener.

Arenas carried the Wizards to a 102-91 win with a 29-point, nine-assist performance, making it clear that he's returned to All-Star form after being limited to only 15 games over the last two seasons.

Getting scorched by an opposing point guard is an all-too-familiar experience for the Mavericks.

Flash back to the 2008 first round, when Chris Paul killed the Mavericks, for a prime example. The struggles to contain explosive point guards continued last season, when the Mavericks allowed a league-high six 30-point, 10-assist games.

This isn't just a Jason Kidd issue, although the future Hall of Famer is better suited to defend wings that point guards these days. That'd work well if Jason Terry and/or JJ Barea were at least average defensive players, but that isn't the case, as evidenced by Arenas consistently attacking the smaller Mavs guards.

First-round pick Rodrigue Beaubois, who has a rare combination of length and quickness, could help solve the Mavs' problems defending point guards at some point. But the rookie isn't ready to play a significant role yet.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/columns/ma...name=mavericks

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #48
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

some points from the DMN chat with Sefko and Followill before yesterday's game:
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...hat-tease.html
Quote:

[Comment From AndrewAndrew: ]
How long will it be before Tim Thomas will come back?

Eddie Sefko:

Thursday will be the one-month mark since his knee surgery. The initial prognoses was three-to-six weeks. So he should start practicing soon. So far, all he's done is shoot jumpers and free throws.
Once he gets on the court for scrimmages, probably next week, he could be active a week or so after that. Figure on a mid-November return as a rough guesstimate.

[Comment From MVPITZKI!!!!!!!MVPITZKI!!!!!!!: ]
Do you think Nivins will make the roster next year? He really looked promising in the Summer League. What about Nick Calathes? Do you think the Mavs need yet another point guard or would they use him as a shooting guard or would he just be offered in a trade?

Eddie Sefko:
Excellent chance that both of them are in training camp. Beyond that, it's hard to say. Let's give them a year of seasoning in Europe and see how they look next summer in Vegas. But I can assure you the Mavericks like the long-term chances of Calathes helping and they are infatuated with Nivins' potential

[Comment From StacyStacy: ]
Do you think Josh will be a Mav next season?
Eddie Sefko:
Yes. The Mavericks will not exercise their option on the final year of his contract unless Howard has a monster season. More likely, they'll re-sign him to a lower number for longer years. But I understand your question. A sign-and-trade is certainly within the realm of reason. He'd love to go to Charlotte or Atlanta, somewhere close to his home. Who wouldn't?

[Comment From mavericks13 mavericks13 : ]
I think the Mavs still lack a player that can create off of the dribble. Beaubois is too young and won't make an impact on a veteran team. What are your thoughts on this?
Mark Followill: I think a healthy Howard can do that, of course he isnt there yet. You are right in that Beaubois isnt ready yet, matter of fact I read they expect him to spend some time in D-League this year. Can they win w/out a player who can create off dribble? Yes, but it means scoring easy baskets in transition and off offensive rebs. And guys have to move and cut well without the ball (ala Shawn Marion) to get good looks.
the part about Roddy possibly to the D-league kind of shocked me, then I come here and see that Stein article on espn - actually not surprising after not seeing him thrown in against Arenas. I hoped it was just a chemistry move by Carlisle to not play the Rookie over vets in the first game of the season, though.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #49
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
He'd love to go to Charlotte or Atlanta, somewhere close to his home. Who wouldn't?
*starts cooking up ideas*
Ahh wants the point...
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #50
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=ygrrcvz

Switch Carroll for Gooden(ESPN won't let me put Gooden in)

Then at the all-star break or next off season pull off Howard and Damp for Joe Johnson.

Starting Lineup:
J.Kidd
J.Johnson
S.Marion
D.Nowitzki
C.Kaman

I think we could work with that!
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:45 PM   #51
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

how the fuckkk does GS get 24 more wins by giving up jackson and getting Carroll and Williams in return???
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #52
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
how the fuckkk does GS get 24 more wins by giving up jackson and getting Carroll and Williams in return???
It seems to be a glitch with Carroll.

Here is another that I just tested to see:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=ndlrf2
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #53
NYMAVGUY

NYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura aboutNYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura about

i have a feeling that Now with Cavs starting with 2 losses, Shaq may be able to be acquired though a trade. Now I know you are saying, "why would we want Shaq if he bombed in Cleveland", Well Shaq is built better for Dallas' system. Cleveland isn't using Shaq right. They want him to just pick up the junk, Shaq needs t be feed the ball, he will either get the easy 2pts or he will kick it out like he used to to Kobe. Lebron is just running around with the ball then taking 3''s b4 the shot clock. That's bad basketball. we need to take heed. If Dirk wins another MVP then we won't win the CHIP. Dirk needs help. I would love to have Shaq Rasheed Wallace or Ron Artest. I've said that a million times. These guys make you tougher. Even after the Championship the Lakers still felt like they needed toughness. That's been us all decade. Let's get tough fellas!!!!
NYMAVGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:45 AM   #54
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMAVGUY View Post
i have a feeling that Now with Cavs starting with 2 losses, Shaq may be able to be acquired though a trade. Now I know you are saying, "why would we want Shaq if he bombed in Cleveland", Well Shaq is built better for Dallas' system. Cleveland isn't using Shaq right. They want him to just pick up the junk, Shaq needs t be feed the ball, he will either get the easy 2pts or he will kick it out like he used to to Kobe. Lebron is just running around with the ball then taking 3''s b4 the shot clock. That's bad basketball. we need to take heed. If Dirk wins another MVP then we won't win the CHIP. Dirk needs help. I would love to have Shaq Rasheed Wallace or Ron Artest. I've said that a million times. These guys make you tougher. Even after the Championship the Lakers still felt like they needed toughness. That's been us all decade. Let's get tough fellas!!!!
You don't pay a guy like Shaq as much money as they did just to dump him after 2 games - the only thing that could achieve is LeBron's departure from Cleveland...

Seriously, it's only been 2 games (REAL games with REAL money - not your video game fantasy bullshit...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #55
cowdog80

cowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMAVGUY View Post
Beyond the ridiculousness of CLE already giving up on him, I'm not sure Shaq is built for any system any more. Most teams have stopped doubling on him which negates his effectiveness in kicking out for the open jumper.

He clogs the lane on offense and can't defend anyone on defense. His +/- last night was -25(!!!).
cowdog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #56
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I don't know about everybody esle but I think the Mavs should start J.J. atleast untill Howard comes back.....we have 4 startes who can't shoot or create there own shot, Dirk has to do everything I mean started J.J. worked in the playoffs why not give it a shot untill Howard comes back.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:14 AM   #57
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

If RC changes the starting lineup until Howard comes back, it's gonna be for JET.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #58
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

If Josh wants to go to ATL, let him...

This looks possible: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yzfyqbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:50 PM   #59
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:

I would be extremely happy with that.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #60
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I'm not buying into the notion that Robo isn't ready to contribute. He looked pretty solid to me and it's not like the guys we have out there now aren't making any mistakes anyway. Give the kid some minutes for cryin out loud. I think he'll surprise a lot of people.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 10-29-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #61
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:

Atlanta might do it if he agreed to an extension, if not they could just let J.J. expire instead of Howard.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 10-29-2009 at 02:25 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #62
SMC0007
Guru

That trade doesn't look possible at all.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #63
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

God I wish Camby was on our team. 23/11 with 3 blocks and 3 steals.

Or even Kaman with 22/9....
Old 10-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #64
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's keep the trade discussion in the proper place, please. That's the last thing most of us want to read one game into the season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #65
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

do we have this years team picture?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #66
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
do we have this years team picture?
No, they won't take that until the end of the season. I remember Kidd was in the 07-08 team picture and he didn't get here until late Feb. Anyone know how I can get a media guide?
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:45 PM   #67
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well..I know I made fun of this thread...but I really have no idea where else to put this:
Thig, just start a new thread for it.. if you actually want to be able to have a conversation about one specific thing such as this, go ahead and start a thread about PT for the rookie. That's the only way to really get a good conversation going about one specific topic.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #68
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, anyone who thinks the Lakers game tomorrow is an automatic win for them should just go cheer for another team. I absolutely do not concede a Lakers win AT ALL. IF they beat us tomorrow, then I'll concede for a bit. Not before then friends, not before then. I want to crush the Lakers, and want the damn team to feel the same way. Time to toughen up and not make excuses.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #69
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

No Gasol, but this team as mercurial as Washington right now. I could see a 40 point blowout in either direction coming from this team
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:10 AM   #70
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

gasol usually dominates us so we're lucky he's out. only bad thing is now bynum will probably dominate us instead. i still have hopes we can somehow pull off a win.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:46 AM   #71
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

2009/10_mavs_media_guide

haha, just scrolled through the team photos of the Dirk-era, Bradley is a freakishly tall guy! Especially the 02/03 photo looks funny, Bradley towers a head-length above the other big guys sitting on the same bench, van Excel looks like a dwarf in front of him, Popeye looks hypnotic as ever and at first glance you might wonder if somebody dropped such a pointish sixties bra at Raja Bell's head, or maybe if he's wearing fake cats-ears (after checking it again I think it only works if that first glance is distracted by these other guys).

Last season there was (and still is) a regular season schedule wallpaper in the "interactive" section of the page(mavs.com), I wonder if they intend to add one for the new season.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #72
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...ame/index.html

Check the last article on that page about Jason Kidd. Very reassuring.

This also furthers my point about how Kidd and JJB shouldn't ever be on the court at the same time; the stats clearly show it even makes JJ worse.

Quote:
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:25 AM   #73
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...ame/index.html

Check the last article on that page about Jason Kidd. Very reassuring.

This also furthers my point about how Kidd and JJB shouldn't ever be on the court at the same time; the stats clearly show it even makes JJ worse.
Then again:

http://www.82games.com/0809/0809DALP.HTM
Old 10-31-2009, 07:49 AM   #74
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I don't understand why anyone would ever say "shouldn't ever be on the court at the same time" about any two players on our team. Period.

Carlisle has proven to be a smart, flexible coach. I am no huge fan of the three guard lineup, but there is absolutely no question that it was used to great success at times last year.

I think people should chill on statements like that and just watch Carlisle poke and prod at these lineups and see what he comes up with.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #75
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

NBA Power Rankings for week 1

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerr...on=2010&week=1
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #76
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
The 2-1 Mavs are rated higher than the 2-1 Spurs???

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #77
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Jason Terry made Hollinger's all decline team:

Quote:
Jason Terry, Mavs: A small, speedy guard, at age 32, coming off a season in which he scored dramatically more often than the rest of his career, makes for a darned good bet for regression. Terry averaged 23.7 points per 40 minutes last season; his previous three seasons were in the 19s. He also shot 48.8 percent on long 2s, another number that is nearly certain to decline this season -- most players, even sweet-shooting guards, are around 40 percent in this category.
The Spurs had two players make the team: Tim Duncan and Antonio McDyess
Old 11-02-2009, 11:55 PM   #78
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The 2-1 Mavs are rated higher than the 2-1 Spurs???

And the forecast in Hell calls for a 100% chance of heavy snow...
Old 11-03-2009, 01:25 AM   #79
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

JET's production may very well take a dip this year, but the most obvious reason for that on paper is the addition of Marion. JET's age is of minimal concern (by Hollinger's own admission shooting ability is one of the last things to go), and the insinuation that his efficiency last year was an outlier is comical: his true shooting percentage (57.1% last year) has been 57% or better every year he's been in Dallas (and let me just take this opportunity to say to those who contend that JET's too unreliable to deserve minutes over a career bench player like Ross that you can take those ts% numbers I just quoted and suck on 'em!).

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 11-03-2009 at 01:27 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #80
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty much assuming that everyone's point and rebound stats will take a hit this season with Marion's addition to the team.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thread boycott, thread fail