Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #81
dude776
Banned

dude776 is infamous around these partsdude776 is infamous around these partsdude776 is infamous around these parts

I dont see why your complaining about the refs, they gave you guys game 1 and 2 and now when they dont buy the flopping you think there trying to give the game to the blazers. I laughed when i saw the blazers suck comments, uhh yea i wonder why they beat you. lol. Obviously Dallas fans arent that bright.
dude776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #82
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude776 View Post
I dont see why your complaining about the refs, they gave you guys game 1 and 2 and now when they dont buy the flopping you think there trying to give the game to the blazers. I laughed when i saw the blazers suck comments, uhh yea i wonder why they beat you. lol. Obviously Dallas fans arent that bright.
Actually Aldridge gave us game 1 and 2, his soft play down the stretch shooting AAU floaters fade aways gave us game 1. Obviously the refs tried to help you guys allowing Gerald wallace to hit Dirk on the stomach, pull on his jersey all game long, hold him, and intentionally lock arms with him but they weren't good enough

Last edited by mavs777; 04-22-2011 at 06:44 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #83
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
but can mahinmi play in the 4th???? haywood with this % at FT's can't stay on the floor in tight game.i'm sorry but he isn't Shaq.
This is true and it is a problem, Mahimni can't play defense without fouling so I don't want him on the floor. I guess you have to be more reserved giving Haywood the ball down low unless he has a wiiiiiide open dunk.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #84
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Says the man with no grammar skills...
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #85
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't really like playing jet to start the second half. In general I like him finishing games and getting a little more rest early. He was hot so I understood it, but I didn't like it much. No use changing it up like that imo late. DSteve out there would have been better, although jkiddo was pretty bad there.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #86
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
We did not play our best game and they still barely beat us.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #87
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah.....
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #88
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Why are the mavs just about the only team playing every other day?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #89
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Why are the mavs just about the only team playing every other day?
This quick turn around is the only thing that worries me about game 4, but our boys in blue will over come.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #90
dude1394
Guru

it was a quick turnaround for game 3 and now the same for game 4. The spurs won't even play game 3 until saturday. Ridiculous.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #91
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
it was a quick turnaround for game 3 and now the same for game 4. The spurs won't even play game 3 until saturday. Ridiculous.
Games 3-7 for them will be every other day. We're scheduled to get an extra day between games 5 and 6.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #92
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Games 3-7 for them will be every other day. We're scheduled to get an extra day between games 5 and 6.
We'll get enough extra rest between game 5 and the start of the Semis.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #93
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Dirk has been being pressed his entire career, he isn't a 40 % shooter is he?
There is soft press and there is hard press. The hard press is you feel like he is almost getting fouled. He is getting hard pressed and not dealing well with it at the moment.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #94
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

We need the win tomorrow since it looks as if LA's series will go five. We can not allow LA to have more rest then our team.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #95
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

As well as Kidd played in games 1 and 2, one could easily argue that Miller has quietly played him even or better on the whole.

Miller: 17/7/4 on 50/50/87
Kidd: 17/5/5 on 56/46/100
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #96
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
What game were you watching? Dirk was fine on offense. All we needed to do was continue to milk the Dirk-Terry PnR. With JJB out there he handles the ball way too much, and Dirk is always having to set him screens. Atrocious defense and rebounding aside. Can't believe you're trying to justify the 4th quarter rotations. Wow.
The offense was struggling and Dirk was having a so-so night (by his playoff standards). I didn't have a problem with trying to get the extra offensive boost.

It didn't work out particularly well, but I don't know that there's a definitive argument that another option would have worked better. I would probably have tried Peja first, but he didn't set the world on fire either.

Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean there isn't a rational justification for it, even if it turned out to be the wrong decision.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #97
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
The offense was struggling and Dirk was having a so-so night (by his playoff standards). I didn't have a problem with trying to get the extra offensive boost.

It didn't work out particularly well, but I don't know that there's a definitive argument that another option would have worked better. I would probably have tried Peja first, but he didn't set the world on fire either.

Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean there isn't a rational justification for it, even if it turned out to be the wrong decision.

JJB DOESN'T help the offense, so I really don't see the argument considering the HUGE mismatches it creates on defense. You play Marion. I know Marion wasn't playing great, but Dirk & Terry had it going last night, so his defense would have been huge. And JJ sure as hell aint bringing enough, or any, offensive advantage over Marion to justify the putrid defense and rebounding rendered by his presence and magnified by the 3 Guard lineup.

There is flat out no justification for it.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:49 PM   #98
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

JJB DOESN'T help the offense, so I really don't see the argument considering the HUGE mismatches it creates on defense. You play Marion. I know Marion wasn't playing great, but Dirk & Terry had it going last night, so his defense would have been huge. And JJ sure as hell aint bringing enough, or any, offensive advantage over Marion to justify the putrid defense and rebounding rendered by his presence and magnified by the 3 Guard lineup.

There is flat out no justification for it.
JJB never helps the offense? That's what you're going with? That's absurd.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #99
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
There is soft press and there is hard press. The hard press is you feel like he is almost getting fouled. He is getting hard pressed and not dealing well with it at the moment.
he has been "hard pressed" his whole playoff career
Old 04-22-2011, 11:53 PM   #100
mavs777
Diamond Member

Dirk was not fine. He scored 25 points that took up 24 possession, you want 1.2 points per possession and even better from your top option
Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #101
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
he has been "hard pressed" his whole playoff career
Not always. Some players/teams just don't have the athetlcism/brains to be all over Dirk.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #102
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Lol I finally get Internet after being on vacation.

Amazing that we still hung in this one and nearly won it. I'm feeling that we'll take the next one and go up 3-1.

Go Mavs!!!

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #103
dude776
Banned

dude776 is infamous around these partsdude776 is infamous around these partsdude776 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
We did not play our best game and they still barely beat us.
Portland didnt play good either in the second half but they were still able to win.
dude776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #104
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Portland didnt play good either in the second half but they were still able to win.
they didn't? Mathews scored 25 points on 12 shots, Roy 16 on 10 shots, Miller 16 on 13 shots, they only turned it over 9 times, and shot 48 % from floor, 57 % from three, and 81 % from the line. Portland played very well by their standards, the only increase I expect in game 4 is Aldridge will be more effecient

Last edited by mavs777; 04-23-2011 at 11:16 AM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #105
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Dirk was not fine. He scored 25 points that took up 24 possession, you want 1.2 points per possession and even better from your top option
LMAO. You're a joke. An absolute joke. Probably the worst poster on this board.

1. GTFO, so you think Kobe's pathetic Game 2 was "fine", then you say Dirk's game 3 was "not fine". Fucking hypocrite.

2. WTF is this 25 points on 24 possessions? It's POINTS PER SHOT. That's what PPS is. Not possession, SHOT. You don't penalize FTs. And 25 points on 20 shots, in the playoffs on the road, yes, is fine. And lets be real, it would have been 28 points on 20 shots if he shot normal on his fts.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #106
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
JJB never helps the offense? That's what you're going with? That's absurd.
No, I didn't say JJB never helps the offense, that's NOT what I'm going with. What I'm saying is that JJB DIDN'T help the offense the other night, and certainly not enough to mitigate the putrid defense and rebounding his presence, magnified by the 3 Guard Lineup, creates/created. And I'm also saying that in general, it's a stupid idea to play him extended minutes against a large backcourt. Are you saying he helped the offense in game 3? Are you saying that the 3 Guard lineup is a good idea against Portland? That's what you're going with? That's absurd.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #107
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
LMAO. You're a joke. An absolute joke. Probably the worst poster on this board.

1. GTFO, so you think Kobe's pathetic Game 2 was "fine", then you say Dirk's game 3 was "not fine". Fucking hypocrite.

2. WTF is this 25 points on 24 possessions? It's POINTS PER SHOT. That's what PPS is. Not possession, SHOT. You don't penalize FTs. And 25 points on 20 shots, in the playoffs on the road, yes, is fine. And lets be real, it would have been 28 points on 20 shots if he shot normal on his fts.
points per shot is by far the most useless stat in basketball. why does it mean shit? When you shoot free throws does it count for making a basketball and not taking a shot or possession? im done with your crap.

Tags
return of the quack!