Bozi Wells to Denver
Domon Stodmire to NY

NY trade:
Marcus Camby to Dallas
Latrell Sprewell to Portand
Charlie Ward to Denver
Travis Kinght to Denver

Results:
Dallas get injure Marcus Camby and bad contract of Trariq Abdul Wahad, the depth of Mavs enable them to let Camby in injure list and still keep winning. But Camby certainly will be the inside presence (limited scoring, high rebound and block number) that Dallas want in the play off.

Denver:
Denver get Charlie Ward, Bozi Wells and Juwan Howard.
Although they miss elite point guard Nick, the depth of draft in point guard position will allow them to get a talent young point guard. Juwan Horwad is nice offensive weapon that can somehow offset the left of Van Excel, and he can benifit from playing with Mycdyss cause he don't need to play much defense in Denver than he was in Dallas. Bozi is an huge upgrade in shooting guard position.

Portland got two all-star caliber players (Nick and Latrell Sprewell) and Young C/PF Lafrentz. Nick Ven Excel is a upgrade in point guard position. He can also play shoot guard if Pippen run the point. Lafrentz is not that bad compare to the Sheed.

NY would have Wallace in PF and Domon in the point. The dominance of Wallace in the east will create open shot for Houston.

Old 02-12-2002, 05:28 PM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I like Camby, but I don't know if he's the answer. The Mavs real problem this year is going to be getting past San Antonio and/or the Lakers in the playoffs this year. I don't think Camby will give us much improvement matchup wise against Shaq and Duncan. Like Bradley, he is frail, and would probably get dominated. Taking on Wahad is what makes this deal so un-attractive. Wahad would have no place on his team, and his contract would kill us. I'd rather the Mavs take their chances and land a big-name free agent in 2003.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 05:34 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

<< may work and may not. >>

Go to RealGM and find out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 05:48 PM   #4
dragonsnake

dragonsnake is on a distinguished road

It works in realgm.com.

My point is nobody can defend Shaq and TD very successfully. And Camby maybe the best big man available right now. It seems Mavs have little opportunities to land TD in 2003 (TD talked about he and kid days ago, looks like he will stay in San Antonio).

Wahad's contract is bad, but you need to give up something to get an elite big man. Bad contract is part of it. And he may be some kind of primeter defender that Mavs may use in some match up.

And you cannot sacrifice nothing(Sorry Juwan) to get something big.

Old 02-12-2002, 05:55 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

If the main problem with the Mavs is that they can't beat L.A... and they can't beat L.A. because they don't have anyone who can defend Shaq... and Camby can't defend Shaq... then the trade won't help us beat L.A.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 06:00 PM   #6
dragonsnake

dragonsnake is on a distinguished road

Nobody can beat lakers as long as Shaq, Cobe and Phil are still around.
what we need is to have the right pieces and improve, improve and improve until...
Old 02-12-2002, 07:11 PM   #7
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I am not as high on Camby as others. I don't see him being an answer here, he's too fragile. Of the players you name R. Wallace helps us or LaFrentz are additions. From Denver I also like Posey for Mavs, although you haven't listed him. Bonzi Wells would be an asset, but I don't see Camby or Wahad really helping us that much this year or next.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 09:44 AM   #8
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I'm with you Mick, I've said before, I'm a Knicks fan too and the guy pisses me off at times. Also he hasn't played more than 63 games in a season yet!!!!! That's ridiculous.
Old 02-13-2002, 12:30 PM   #9
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Camby would be perfect for the Mavs and give them some better rebounding.. But with his injuries he wouldn't help them too much.
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote