Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-02-2006, 01:42 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Young Lady scores 113 points in HS game.

Epiphanny Prince of Murry Bergtraum High School scored 113 points in a game Wednesday, breaking a girls' national prep record previously held by Hall of Famer Cheryl Miller.

Prince, a 5-foot-9 senior guard, led her team to a 137-32 victory over Brandeis High School.

"After I scored 29 points in the first quarter, I didn't think much of it," Prince told The Associated Press by phone Wednesday night. "After I had 58 points at the half, and especially after having in the 80s after the third quarter, I just decided to go for it.

"It was efficient," she said. "It wasn't like I missed a whole bunch of shots. That's what made it even better."

Prince, one of the nation's top high school players, is headed to Rutgers next season. Her previous high this season was 51 points for the Lady Blazers, ranked No. 2 in the nation by USA Today.

"At the half, we thought she had a chance to break the record so we just let her go," coach Ed Grezinsky said.

Miller scored 105 points for Riverside Poly in California against Riverside Norte Vista in 1982. She went on to become an All-American at USC.

Two-time WNBA MVP Lisa Leslie scored 101 points in a half for Morningside High School in Inglewood, Calif., against South Torrance in 1990. South Torrance refused to play the second half.

"It's an amazing thing when an individual does that," NBA star LeBron James said when told about Prince's performance. "I don't know who she is, but maybe we'll see her in the WNBA. For that matter, the NBA."

The boys' high school record is 135 points set by Danny Heater of Burnsville High School in West Virginia in 1960, according to the National High School Sports Record Book on the National Federation of State High School Associations' Web site.

Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant scored 81 points against the Toronto Raptors on Jan. 22, the second-highest total in NBA history. The league record is 100 points by Wilt Chamberlain on March 2, 1962.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-02-2006 at 01:43 AM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

this chick is only 5'9"...that makes it far more impressive than Miller's mark.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I bet this game was simply rediculous to watch....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
137-32 victory
wha?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Leslie did score her 101 in one half though. The other team refused to come back out for the second half in that game.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-02-2006 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Leslie did score her 101 in one half though. The other team refused to come back out for the second half in that game.
whoa.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:27 PM   #7
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I can tell you I'dve come back to play the second half. If someone drops 101 on you in a half, there's probably only 1 way you're going to get your name in the record books.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:46 PM   #8
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard it was an unspectacular 113..
Old 02-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #9
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Does she make her teammates better though? They can't play in the playoffs that way.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

How many assists did she have?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #11
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
I can tell you I'dve come back to play the second half. If someone drops 101 on you in a half, there's probably only 1 way you're going to get your name in the record books.
Kill them on court?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:50 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

How sorry of a person does the coach have to be to leave the girl in there? How sorry is the girl herself?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:25 PM   #13
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I don't think it makes them sorry. The coach put the girl in a situation to get her name out there. If school's weren't calling they for damn sure are now. You gotta remember this is high school lol. Not the pro's.

Quote:
"It's an amazing thing when an individual does that," NBA star LeBron James said when told about Prince's performance. "I don't know who she is, but maybe we'll see her in the WNBA. For that matter, the NBA."
That's what i'm saying. Hell forget the WNBA she needs to be in the NBA if she can put up performances like this lol. Looking at the scoreboard though I know high school games are a lot more low scoring than the pro's but that discrepency is quite ridiculous. That team had to be a horrible team.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It makes them sorry. I wish for nothing but failure for that girl and her family. Obviously, they did a poor job of raising her. She's punched her ticket to hell.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:06 PM   #15
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Woah i wouldnt go anywhere near that far but it is a little classless to go for 113. and beat someone by more than 100. About the game though, 56 of 60??? Good lord that is ridiculous.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #16
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

It's not that incredibly impressive. It was obviously a layup drill against (very) poor competition. The other team must have been several levels below the winning team. Shame on the schedulers. If an NBA player scored 113 against some crappy junior-college team would we all go "wow, what an incredible feat!" I doubt it.

It was very unsporting. The coach could have called for passing drills or something to keep from just running up the score for individual glory. There were a million lessons he could have taught his team other than "hey, you can always get some glory by kicking the crappy people."
Old 02-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #17
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I dont care if it was a layup drill, 56 of 60 is still impressive.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #18
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

This was a game between what, the 2nd best team in the nation and one of the worst teams? There was no competition involved. None. It's only a little more impressive than hitting 56 of 60 by yourself in practice.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #19
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

February 3, 2006
A Record-Setting Scorer Wants to Be Just Like Kobe

By MITCH ABRAMSON
When Epiphanny Prince broke the high school girls' scoring record with 113 points on Wednesday, she had more than basketball immortality on her mind.
Prince, a 5-foot-9 senior guard from Murry Bergtraum in Lower Manhattan, invoked the memory of Kobe Bryant's 81-point game on Jan. 22 for the Los Angeles Lakers in toppling Cheryl Miller's record of 105 points in 1982.

"When my teammates told me how many points I had after the third quarter, I was thinking about Kobe," Prince said yesterday during a news conference at the school. "Kobe is my favorite player, and I thought I had a real chance to catch him, so that's what I did. Everyone was calling me 113 today in school."

Prince played all 32 minutes against Brandeis, scoring 59 points in the first half to give the Lady Blazers a 74-11 lead. She converted 54 of 60 shots from the field, including four 3-pointers, and one free throw in Bergtraum's 137-32 victory. Prince's hand was so hot that her opponents were laughing out loud.

"I was saying silly things to them during the game, making them laugh," said Prince, whose previous high was 51 points against Frederick Douglass on Dec. 15. "They're my friends, so they didn't feel bad about what was going on. The shots I was putting up were all going in. It was just one of those things."

Before the game, Prince complained to Coach Ed Grezinsky about the caliber of competition in the Public Schools Athletic League. Bergtraum (19-1), ranked No. 2 in the country by USA Today, has won seven consecutive city championships and often overwhelms opponents. But Grezinsky demanded that Prince, who has signed a letter of intent to attend Rutgers, play hard and challenge herself.

Yesterday, a brigade of reporters hovered around Prince, much as they did last year when she was accused of assaulting and menacing a 13-year-old girl. She was acquitted of those charges but was found guilty of harassment and was ordered to perform 15 days of community service.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 02-03-2006 at 11:11 PM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #20
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

She's well on her way to being like Kobe. I wonder if she knows who her real father is?

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:55 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

ouch Oz.....

Old 02-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

What are the odds that Kobe bends her over sometime soon?