Mavs win by 10+ 2 40.00%
Mavs win by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10+ 2 40.00%
Just put me out of my misery already 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2021, 12:51 AM   #41
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I like Green's profile as a defender a lot. I think he's a better defender for quick guards than Bey would have been and he did hit the 3 in college from the corners. I can see why we picked him with how well he could fit next to Luka potentially. But watching him on offense I just.... Man he is so far away from ready.

Nice to see DFS coaching up Tyler Bey on the sidelines.
Green has potential, but this team/season is the exact worst situation for him. He needs to play, but Dallas needs to win games, and he doesn't help them at this point - even on defense. He plays hard, but he's just lost a lot. I don't think he has seen a screen coming yet before running into it. But that is just inexperience.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2021, 03:52 PM   #42
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I’m impressed by Josh Green’s court vision. He had a nice 3pt assist in the Sac game. His finishing around the rim is terrible but he has shown a good feel for the pull-up jumper. He still looks like a plus defender and rebounder from his position going forward. As Bryan Wilson said: lock him in the gym for 500 3 point shots per day. His form looked nice on the one he hit— he followed through and got more arc on it. He was shooting line drives on those last few bad misses from 3.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 03:54 PM   #43
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Green shot 36% in the college season...thats why its stupid to call him a bust or cry nonstop for Saddid Bey.

He has all the tools to be a nice 3&D roleplayer. Dude is also just 20 years old. Just give him a full SL, a full camp and then also plenty of G league action next year and let him evolve
No crying for Bey here. I still see why they took Green. He has an upside Bey simply doesn’t possess.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:56 PM   #44
mac222b
Diamond Member

Nice that the Luka and the starters got to rest the 4th quarter. Good to see Burke getting more burn though he wasn’t great in this one. Having another capable ball handler really helps the offense and Burke can catch fire and teams have to at least respect him from 3.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:33 PM   #45
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Nice that the Luka and the starters got to rest the 4th quarter. Good to see Burke getting more burn though he wasn’t great in this one. Having another capable ball handler really helps the offense and Burke can catch fire and teams have to at least respect him from 3.
I disagree

He wasn't great offensively had a few shots that didn't fall

But defensively Burke was outstanding and that seems to have gotten lost in that win yesterday.

Trey Burke, lockdown defender
The insertion of Burke into the starting line up raised a few eyebrows at Mavs Moneyball HQ, but considering he looked like an NBA player against the Kings, it seemed worth a shot. When we consider how rough Tim Hardaway Jr. had been as a starter (12-of-43 from the field over three games), what could it hurt?

Burke answered the call by being as close to a Curry stopper as the Mavericks have had. He was aided by Mavericks basically playing a “Box-and-one”, allowing Burke to do his best in just trying to stick with Curry, who is probably the best relocation shooter in the history of the NBA. And he did a great job which caused the entire Warriors offense to sputter for nearly 10 minutes of a NBA game. He hounded Steph and the Warriors for four steals and a block and finished with one of the more fun and strange stat lines you’ll see in an NBA game.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 06:53 PM   #46
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I disagree

He wasn't great offensively had a few shots that didn't fall

But defensively Burke was outstanding and that seems to have gotten lost in that win yesterday.

Trey Burke, lockdown defender
The insertion of Burke into the starting line up raised a few eyebrows at Mavs Moneyball HQ, but considering he looked like an NBA player against the Kings, it seemed worth a shot. When we consider how rough Tim Hardaway Jr. had been as a starter (12-of-43 from the field over three games), what could it hurt?

Burke answered the call by being as close to a Curry stopper as the Mavericks have had. He was aided by Mavericks basically playing a “Box-and-one”, allowing Burke to do his best in just trying to stick with Curry, who is probably the best relocation shooter in the history of the NBA. And he did a great job which caused the entire Warriors offense to sputter for nearly 10 minutes of a NBA game. He hounded Steph and the Warriors for four steals and a block and finished with one of the more fun and strange stat lines you’ll see in an NBA game.
You’re right, I meant offensively he couldn’t get anything to drop. But he did play well defensively.

Tags
fire everyone, harden still sucks, live by 3 die by 3, meltdown guaranteed, redick hell, we suck anyway!