Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-06-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default The Official Texas Rangers 2007 Season Thread

I know I said I wasn't going to start it, but it appears no one else was going to & besides, how much worse can their luck get anyway.

Home opener today, coming up in like an hour, 1:05pm on KDFW Ch 4, against Boston. Which means I actually get to watch it since I'm bumming around at home today pretending to do work. Look. I've been trying to hold back my first instinct to abandon ship & declare this thing a failed bit based on 3 games since I didn't actually get to see any of them, but now would a nice time to show some signs of life.

Go Rangers.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

0-162 here we come... Woe is me... Woe is me!!!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 04-06-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Cuban should buy the Rangers... they are disgraceful to a great city known as Arlington.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #4
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Michael Irvin throwing the first pitch, Jerry Jones on hand.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:12 PM   #5
ames7
Diamond Member

So far so good for Tejeda.

Lineup...
K. Lofton CF
F. Catalanotto DH
M. Young SS
M. Teixeira 1B
S. Sosa RF
H. Blalock 3B
B. Wilkerson LF
G. Laird C
I. Kinsler 2B

I'm jealous, y'all, it looks so nice at home. We got snow over here 2 days ago. It concerns me that people acted like this was an expected occurence for April.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Foxsports.com must be lying....it says the Rangers are winning.

Hey what channel is it on?

I'm thinking break room + tv = watching baseball at work.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #7
ames7
Diamond Member

Fox 4, I'm pretty sure.

They ARE winning & Tejeda looks great. Shhhh...
Old 04-06-2007, 01:34 PM   #8
ames7
Diamond Member

All of this running & successful stealing of bases is disconcerting. These are the Rangers? Look at that, another run.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #9
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Washington said from that first press conference on day 1 that he likes to run
Old 04-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate my office for having the crapiest sattelite ever for our breakroom tv. Can't freaking watch the game on Channel 4. Arg.

Guess I'll have to settle for listening to it in my cube.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #11
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Pitch count = 67 in the 6th and counting

not bad.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #12
ames7
Diamond Member

Benoit up in the bullpen now... you know, it doesn't matter how good he's been, my first reaction to that is still, "NOOOOOOOOOOO!" Anyway, I'd feel better if we tack a couple more on.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So is Tejeda like pitching a gem or what?
Old 04-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #14
ames7
Diamond Member

He was really good today. Tons of fly ball outs. All you can ask for from that kid. Benoit is in now, 1K & 1BB so far.

edit: Final line for Tejeda: 7.0IP 2H 0ER 0R 3BB 1K. Nice. Benoit outta the inning.

Last edited by ames7; 04-06-2007 at 03:04 PM.
ames7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:31 PM   #15
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i like the Lofton > Catalanotto sequence in the line up.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
i like the Lofton > Catalanotto sequence in the line up.
after last night especially...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #17
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

well that sucked.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:46 PM   #18
ames7
Diamond Member

No active Rangers thread now, but I thought there were 2 notes worth posting, so I guess I'll stick them here...
1) Frank Catalanotto = hurt. And if there's one thing I don't want to hear come out of a pro athlete's mouth, it's "tearing sensation." If he has to have surgery, they are looking at bringing up Victor Diaz or Marlon Byrd.

2) After another crappy Brandon McCarthy start, they are still stubbornly giving him the vote of confidence. But they still probably will make a move to get Wes Littleton up here b/c the bullpen's been exhausted lately. Probably Willie Eyre and Scott Feldman will go down since they are the only ones with options left. I know he's young & I know it's early, but I don't know how long you can keep rolling out McCarthy. Four straight outings with 3 innings or less...not good. You're killing the pen every time he goes out there. When do you need to start looking at doing something?

Last edited by ames7; 04-30-2007 at 12:47 PM.
ames7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:02 PM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

My Mavs induced depression can not handle thinking about McCarthy right now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-30-2007, 01:21 PM   #20
ames7
Diamond Member

I am using my bemused exasperation over the Rangers to avoid thinking about the Mavs.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:59 AM   #21
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Best thing about the game tonight? Completely overshadowed the fact that the Rangers were damn near no hit again tonight.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-02-2007, 06:29 AM   #22
Texas_SportsFan1

Texas_SportsFan1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Best thing about the game tonight? Completely overshadowed the fact that the Rangers were damn near no hit again tonight.
No doubt, thank god for the Mavs... it would suck so bad to be a DFW fan if the Rangers were the only team playing right now. Hopefully by the time the Mavs win the championship the Rangers will be playing decent baseball.

Talk Rangers Baseball Here
Texas_SportsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Whats happened to Kinsler. His average has dropped to the .240's.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:42 PM   #24
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The Rangers' defense sucks ass.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #25
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

The Rangers suck ass.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:39 PM   #26
Josh

Josh is on a distinguished road

So uh, is there a Greg Oden of college baseball?
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote