Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-14-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
belgianfan

belgianfan is infamous around these parts
Default Dallas-Celtics-Bobcats-Sixers

Not my idea, but what would you guy's think of this trade? I think it's a little thin on the Mavs side, but you never know...

Celtics:
Trade Ray Allen, Glen Davis, Tony Allen, Gabe Pruitt and Leon Powe
Receive Josh Howard, DeSagana Diop, Marreese Speights, Louis Williams and Donyell Marshall

Bobnets/Horncats:
Trade Ray Felton, Nazr Mohammed, Sean May and Adam Morrison
Receive Samuel Dalembert, Reggie Evans, Gabe Pruitt and Tony Allen

Mavericks:
Trade Josh Howard and DeSagana Diop
Receive Ray Felton, Sean May and Adam Morrison

Sixers
Trade Marreese Speights, Louis Williams, Reggie Evans, Samuel Dalembert and Donyell Marshall
Receive Ray Allen, Glen Davis, Leon Powe and Nazr Mohammed

The Skinny:

BOS: Acquire the high-usage, low-turnover play of Josh Howard. He has good size and can legitimately play both wing positions. Also get a mid-level salary locked into place that just so happens to be in the person of Diop: a defensive-minded, shotblocking/rebounding/lane-clogging center with a 7'6.5" wingspan and 9'5" standing reach. Williams provides the Celtics with a young combo-guard locked up at reasonable rates who has already shown the ability to eat possessions on a 2nd unit. Speights provides the Celtics with a long PF/C who hits the offensive glass, has shown some promise as a shotblocker and has displayed a mid-range game to go with his ability to finish at the rim. Marshall is just a throw-in to make the salaries match but, if need be, could be utilized.

CHA: Acquire a legitimate shotblocking/rebounding center which would allow Okafor to play his more natural position of PF. Get a penetrator/defensive menace to play on the wing. Get a quickly-developing combo guard with high-upside to backup Augustin. Get a defender/rebounder to give them minutes in the frontcourt.

DAL: Acquire a combo-guard to backup Kidd and Terry. He is also a legitimate option for a contract extension. Sean "Grimmace" May and Adam "Molestache" Morrison offer salary relief.

PHI: Acquire a wing with outside shooting skills (an area in which they are severely lacking.) Acquire lower-priced, more offensively talented versions of Dalembert (Mohammed) and Evans (Powe.)
belgianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's awesome, we should totally do this.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a chance, no way I do this.

Felton for Diop is one thing.
Howard for Morrison and May........No way.

Might as well move Kidd as well, and start all over if you do this one. Total rebuild move.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Hate this trade
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Rebuild move, without the Charlotte, Boston and Philly 1st forget it.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #6
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

There is absolutely no reason for Boston to blow anything up right now...lest give up one of their Big 3.

Come on now.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 01-14-2009 at 11:24 AM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
belgianfan

Hey I'm a big Boston fan, and I'd consider this trade.

Perk/Davis
KG/Powe
Pierce/Allen
Allen/Allen
Rondo/House

Perk/Diop
KG/Speights
Howard/Walker
Pierce/Williams/House
Rondo/House

the team before and after the trade. The frontcourt length problem is solved. The best defense team in years replaces it weakest defensive link with a very strong defender. KG lights a fire under Howards as (not under his ganja) and he returns to his form from 2 seasons ago. Only problem is that Pierce and Howard would need to play heavy minutes.

The celts are having another shot with the big three, probably even two other shots, but this trade might be an improvement.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #8
belgianfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Not a chance, no way I do this.

Felton for Diop is one thing.
Howard for Morrison and May........No way.

Might as well move Kidd as well, and start all over if you do this one. Total rebuild move.
Felton for Diop is ridiculouse. Not gonna happen.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgianfan View Post
Hey I'm a big Boston fan, and I'd consider this trade.
Do you forget that your Boston Celtics are the current defending champs and that Ray Allen is the purest shooter on your team?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 01-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #10
belgianfan

Ofcourse he is great. But we must think about the future. We want to be like San antonio, not detroit, miami or Dallas
Old 01-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #11
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgianfan View Post
Ofcourse he is great. But we must think about the future. We want to be like San antonio, not detroit, miami or Dallas
I'd rather think that you'd want to win all that you can...while you can.

Good luck with Josh Howard as your future...been there, done that.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #12
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Trade is terrible for Dallas. We should get much more in return for Howard.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 01-14-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #13
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

thumbs down on the trade scenario.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #14
BaylorTMW

BaylorTMW is on a distinguished road

Not a good trade...
Old 01-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #15
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Bad for Boston and Dallas. I'd rather keep Ray Allen than have Josh Howard, especially since both Josh and Pierce are 3's, and Ray Allen is their best clutch/pure shooter, and shares the ball as well. Boston has no reason to do anything, except to get some little depth they need on the bench, but not at the expense of Allen.

This trade for Dallas .. I dunno, not enough for giving up Josh.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:28 PM   #16
ty
Diamond Member

He's a big Boston fan guys...

Old 01-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #17
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

If you wanted to do that, you could just trad Howard & Diop to Charlotte for Felton, May and Morrison--Charlotte does that deal easily.

But I hope the Mavs aren't so desperate yet as to make a trade this bad. May and Morrison look like complete busts to me.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #18
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Great trade, Dallas doesn't get raped. Great post.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #19
belgianfan

Red face

Damn some of you guy's seem more interested in breaking a guy down than discussing a trade. Must be the Texican way of live
Old 01-14-2009, 06:43 PM   #20
ty
Diamond Member

Tough love.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #21
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

no gerald wallace??
or ray allen??
mavs get ripped off
Old 01-15-2009, 07:36 AM   #22
belgianfan

Same guy, different but comparable trade, I gotta give the guy his credit because he puts a lot of time in his trades. He calls himself ANH2173 and is actif on celtic-nation.

Celtics
Trade Ray Allen, Glen Davis, Eddie House and Tony Allen
Receive Josh Howard, DeSagana Diop, Francisco Garcia and Kenny Thomas

Mavericks
Trade Josh Howard, James Singleton and DeSagana Diop
Receive Ray Allen and Glen Davis

Kings
Trade Francisco Garcia and Kenny Thomas
Receive Tony Allen, Eddie House and James Singleton

The Skinny:

BOS: Acquire, Howard, a floor spreader who can legitimately play both wing positions, rebounds, shoots the three and is priced reasonably for his skill set. Also get a defensive center, Diop, who blocks shots and rebounds. Get another floor spreader in Garcia with the size to cover both wing positions and the ability to dribble and set up the offense. And contrary to most, I think he is underrated as a defender. Lastly, the Celtics get a nice-sized contract that is set to be expiring next year. Thomas' contract, when added to Scalabrine's is ~$12M in expiring. Howard has a team option for a reasonable amount but could also be included to a team looking to shed a lot of salary. Those three players would total ~$22M in expirings. Really, this deal allows for maximum flexibility while also ensuring the Celtics have the pieces to remain highly competitive.

DAL: Acquire another "star" to pair with Kidd and Nowitzki. Get a minimum-salaried bench interior player.

SAC Shed ~$4.6M in 2009 salary. Shed ~$9.5M in 2010. Save ~$38M total from this one deal which I imagine would help a small market team that is currently in a rebuilding mold.

I am not a big fan of trading Ray Allen, but a deal like this I could live with. My only concern is that Diop is playing like a pile of ****. But we only need him for about 15 minutes a game. Perk is young and Powe is used to playing center.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:55 AM   #23
MainEv3nt

MainEv3nt will become famous soon enoughMainEv3nt will become famous soon enough

no i dont wanna give celtics jho so they can get better then they are.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #24
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Any way we could get the Millers? (Brad and Mike)
Old 01-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #25
dayman

dayman will become famous soon enough

New York Knicks

Incoming Players
Jason Kidd
Salary: $21,372,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 8.5 REB: 6.5 AST: 8.2 PER: 16.43

Jerry Stackhouse
Salary: $7,000,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 5.3 REB: 1.9 AST: 1.1 PER: 4.80

Outgoing Players: Stephon Marbury, Nate Robinson

Dallas Mavericks

Incoming Players

Stephon Marbury
Salary: $20,840,625 Years Remaining: 1

Brandon Rush
Salary: $1,799,160 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 6.5 REB: 2.5 AST: 0.9 PER: 7.56

T.J. Ford
Salary: $8,000,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 14.1 REB: 4.1 AST: 5.2 PER: 15.85

Outgoing Players: Jason Kidd, Jerry Stackhouse, Jose Juan Barea

Indiana Pacers

Incoming Players

Nate Robinson
Salary: $2,020,179 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 15.0 REB: 4.1 AST: 3.5 PER: 16.67
Photo: Jose Juan Barea
Jose Juan Barea
Salary: $1,500,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 7.0 REB: 2.3 AST: 3.3 PER: 12.39

Outgoing Players: Brandon Rush, T.J. Ford

ford/marbury
rush/jet
howard/green
dirk/bass
damp/diop
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us...... It's science.
dayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #26
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Indiana is getting screwed big time in that deal. Why would they give up Brandon Rush and TJ Ford for two midget point guards, neither of whom are anywhere close to being as good as TJ Ford?

Last edited by DelNegro; 01-15-2009 at 12:25 PM.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #27
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

yeah...i think we need a trade that would make us no.1 or 2 contender.....
not mediocre
Old 01-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #28
MavericksFan5912

MavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the roughMavericksFan5912 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainEv3nt View Post
no i dont wanna give celtics jho so they can get better then they are.
JHo would absolutely dominate under the watchful eye of Doc Rivers, KG and Pierce. That's exactly what he needs to develop into the superstar that he COULD be: a solid 'team first' attitude.

Last edited by MavericksFan5912; 01-15-2009 at 05:29 PM.
MavericksFan5912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:17 PM   #29
dayman

dayman will become famous soon enough

yeah your right about Indiana not getting anything outta that... but i would give just about anything other than dirk to get TJ
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us...... It's science.
dayman is offline   Reply With Quote