Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #161
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

100 pts in 3 qrts = winning basketball
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #162
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs are pretty embarrassing at this point. I'm tired of Cuban and Donnie burrying their heads in the sand and pretend the product on the floor is sufficient.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #163
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

The wheels have come off. Happy Cuban?
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #164
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Dirk should have came back after the "Green Mile" stretch.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #165
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
He's too busy concentrating on filming more Shark Tank episodes.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #166
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Mavs are pretty embarrassing at this point. I'm tired of Cuban and Donnie burrying their heads in the sand and pretend the product on the floor is sufficient.
But we have a .0001% chance of signing CP3 or Howard.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #167
davblue

davblue is a jewel in the roughdavblue is a jewel in the roughdavblue is a jewel in the roughdavblue is a jewel in the rough

At the very least, I hope Cuban realizes that this is a shit team.
davblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #168
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #169
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Mercy, 16-23 on 3's, just rediculous
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #170
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
What's the franchise record for largest margin in defeat?
Better question, what's the franchise record for threes allowed?

And is Carlisle ever going to realize how irrational whatever beef he has with Wright given all the garbage players he's used (and still uses) while wright remains glued to the bench?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-23-2012 at 08:50 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #171
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

Kaman is garbage eve when he scores
Old 12-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #172
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

The Spurs are such a beast of a team.

Even better than last year now that everyone is healthy.
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #173
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

It aint just Chandler they are missing. Bareas penetration. Pejas shooting. Brewers energy. Stevensons toughness.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #174
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Geez...I remember there's a game tonight, am disappointed to find out that it's already almost done, and flip over to find them down 39. Yep...it's the 90's all over again. Welp, at least I already went through it once, so I know what I'm in for.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #175
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Geez...I remember there's a game tonight, am disappointed to find out that it's already almost done, and flip over to find them down 39. Yep...it's the 90's all over again. Welp, at least I already went through it once, so I know what I'm in for.
Tough pill to swallow but sadly I think we are there again. The team is devoid of true nba talent across the board.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #176
Bayliss

Well of course the Spurs will make a lot of threes. carlisle wants them to pack the paint and allow yhrees. He did it last year too.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #177
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Wright hitting the midrange J....

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #178
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Bonner kicking the mavs ass...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #179
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

After acquiring Collison and kaman, mavs go "defense is gonna be our identity". Lmfao
Old 12-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #180
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

NBA record for 3 pointers by one team in a game is 23 I believe by Orlando in 2009. SA now has 19 which ties their team record....sigh
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Old 12-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #181
DarrenCollisonSucks

DarrenCollisonSucks has a spectacular aura aboutDarrenCollisonSucks has a spectacular aura aboutDarrenCollisonSucks has a spectacular aura about

Sooo... Tanking the season for a good draft pick sounds pretty good right now
DarrenCollisonSucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #182
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1nw View Post
After acquiring Collison and kaman, mavs go "defense is gonna be our identity". Lmfao
Did they really? I think they also said ball movement would be our identity.

Seems like our real identity is Washington wizards.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #183
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

New Franchise Record 20 3's made. And Bonner and those bums are playing circus style with the Mavs. That has to be the worst Mavs Game i ever watched in nearly 10 years.
Poor Dirk.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #184
dude1394
Guru

So is cuban in the arena tonight? I'd really like to see him eating this one.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #185
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Rock bottom?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #186
some1nw
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Did they really? I think they also said ball movement would be our identity.

Seems like our real identity is Washington wizards.
Yeah dahntay Jones said it.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #187
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

The BBIQ difference between 2011 and 2013 is ridiculous.

Last edited by markus1234; 12-23-2012 at 09:27 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #188
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1nw View Post
I still give Kaman at least some credit for helping win a few games. There seems to be nothing redeeming about Collison....at all. If those guys had any inkling on what it mean't to be a Mav, then they wouldn't have taken a crap on themselves versus the f**king Spurs.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #189
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Jesus Christ, this team is putrid. Offensively things will eventually start going but we'll never see good defense with just Marion out there hustling.

Cuban should seriously eat it. Gets rid of Chandler and now wants a good defensive center huh?
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #190
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
Offensively things will eventually start going
I doubt it.

They do not know how to pass the ball on offense. Dirk was the only guy who tried to move the ball and set some screens. All the other guys on our team are slooooooow thinkers. TO's will kill us.

Last edited by markus1234; 12-23-2012 at 09:35 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #191
adonis
Golden Member

The shooting wasn't nearly as bad as it looked. 46 percent overall.

The defense is just another story.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #192
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

A trade definitely needs to be made. I'm too pissed right now to care who, why, or how...but you can't keep up this charade or the entire season ticket holding fan base will jump ship.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #193
adonis
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
I doubt it.

They do not know how to pass the ball on offense. Dirk was the only guy who tried to move the ball and set some screens. All the other guys on our team are slooooooow thinkers. TO's will kill us.
There's a lot of selflish basketball play right now, especially Collison, Jones and Kaman. I'm hoping it will click but the only guys I want pass the trade deadline are Dirk, Mayo, Carter and Marion.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #194
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenCollisonSucks View Post
Sooo... Tanking the season for a good draft pick sounds pretty good right now
Not this season. I would prefer wiggins, but no way we have the #1 this year or next.
DTownKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #195
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Then take your trash to a Knicks board or somewhere else....your crying is annoying
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #196
adonis
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Then take your trash to a Knicks board or somewhere else....your crying is annoying
I don't blame him. There's little reason to be excited about this team right now.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #197
roadrunner
Golden Member

Not sure where to put this, but there is a 1 hour special "How Dirk became Dirk" on FSSW right now. Already 15 mins in

Old 12-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #198
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

{This team sucks.}
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #199
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis View Post
I don't blame him. There's little reason to be excited about this team right now.
How convenient that he is no where to be seen whenever the Mavs win.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #200
thomasward

thomasward is on a distinguished road

All of you guys are shameful.

I mean come on Dirk just came back from recovering from surgery and you guys expect him to magically bring this team back to life immediately?

Dirk carried the Mavericks for a long time, you can't expect him to make the playoffs and win a lot. He is aging. Understand that.

And stop bashing on their defense!!! They'll get their defense back up as soon as they can! Be patient!

All of you guys just deal with what is going on now. You all need to look on the bright side of things.
thomasward is offline   Reply With Quote