Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 06-13-2004, 03:26 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yea let's be more like europe.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy methinks.

Quote:
Support for German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder's party tumbled in elections to the European Parliament as voters across Europe protested everything from rising unemployment to the Iraq war.

Exit polls from the Czech Republic and the Netherlands showed setbacks for ruling parties there, as the European Union's first elections since it expanded to 25 nations last month shaped up as a continent-wide protest against a 9.1 percent jobless rate and the role of some countries in Iraq.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2004, 04:35 PM   #2
FullBurst41

FullBurst41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Yea let's be more like europe.

Never mind the fact that morons in Belgium make the fascists one of the most powerful blocs in Flemmish politics. Good thing they're barred from governing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2004, 07:47 PM   #3
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

While the emphasized "jobless rate" is really annoying, you have to keep in mind that our welfare system - as lousy as it may have become - is still strong enough that there's no need yet to invent jobs like "guy that packs your bags in the supermarket" just to nicen up the statistics. Yet.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 09:02 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Yea let's be more like europe.

you mean that your welfare system is strong enough to let people sit on their rears and be on the dole while everyone else supports them? Or am I missing something?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 06-14-2004, 09:00 AM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I'd rather have high-school dropouts sacking my groceries and earning a living than sitting on their asses watching TV and eating the food that my taxes pay for.

But what do I know, I'm not European.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:30 PM   #6
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

Common misconception. You don't let other people support you, but during your worklife you pay monthly fees into an unemployment insurance. If and when you're being sacked, then the insurance kicks in. What's wrong with that? I bet you dont have insurances for your houses and your cars, because you don't want other people to give you money should they be damaged.

Edited: spelling
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:32 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

That insurance only lasts a short time here in the good old USA, and then it's the free cheese line for you. But it's not really insurance as much as a tax. Sometimes you do need to use it, but you should be working your ass off to get a job. I know I did the one and only time I ever used it. But if someone is on the government dole for years at a time, they're more times than not working their ass off to get just any job. Now whether that's because they're lazy or whether the government disincentitizes them is open to debate.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:58 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

I on the other hand sat on my rear and partied my brains out until the guvment check ran out. Then...back to school. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2004, 02:30 AM   #9
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

It ain't so bad to be European. Living in Asia I am often asked: 'Are you American'? I usually reply: 'No, I am European'. And I try to image what the asking person might associate with Europe. Quality cars from Germany, fine cuisine from France, passionate lifestyle from the south, welfare system from the north, and so on. I really feel sooooo sophisticated and cultivated. [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote