Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #281
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I agree but at this point I think Romo is who he's going to be. He's a gunslinger. You take the good with the bad. And I sort of don't have a problem with it as long as these games come rare and during the season rather than in the post season. Romo does take a lot of risks and at times they don't pay off but when they do? He's just as good as Drew Brees when he's on. When he's bad? He's just as bad as Matt Stafford.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #282
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
What's the alternative? Jason Garrett? Please.
I would imagine that any alternative out of 500 coaches could do a better job than what we are seeing...why not bring in someone like Gruden to finish out the year, then he can fire all the assitants and bring in his own staff and for that matter turn the roster over to his type of players...you know the type...WINNERS!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #283
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
I would imagine that any alternative out of 500 coaches could do a better job than what we are seeing...why not bring in someone like Gruden to finish out the year, then he can fire all the assitants and bring in his own staff and for that matter turn the roster over to his type of players...you know the type...WINNERS!!!
Gruden or no real head coach is going to take over soemone else's staff. That's why they sign during offseasons. Not to mention during the offseason he can let Snyder bid on him who's willing to pay 100 million for a DT.

But as far as the coaching goes, players play and coaches coach. In my eyes the reason the Cowboys lost were two reasons. The Bronco's defense and Romo. Romo is in a funk and if he doesn't get out of it soon this season will be over.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #284
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Gruden or no real head coach is going to take over soemone else's staff. That's why they sign during offseasons. Not to mention during the offseason he can let Snyder bid on him who's willing to pay 100 million for a DT.

But as far as the coaching goes, players play and coaches coach. In my eyes the reason the Cowboys lost were two reasons. The Bronco's defense and Romo. Romo is in a funk and if he doesn't get out of it soon this season will be over.
as well as another three or four 5-11 seasons looking for another qb.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:47 PM   #285
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
as well as another three or four 5-11 seasons looking for another qb.
I'm not looking forward to that at all which is why I think some fans should sit back and let Romo work through this funk because regardless of how you feel about him now he sure as hell is better than anything that was before him and after Aikman.