Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-18-2007, 01:15 AM   #41
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Those numbers are nice, but if you've actually been to games you can't tell me that you really think we have good fans in the lower bowl. I know Dude and Silk like to beat the drum and defend their brethren, and that's fine, I know we do have SOME good fans down there.

But the reality is, it's a mainly a place to be and be seen for the rich and beautiful. That is what makes up the large majority of the lower bowl. From my own experience, the only time I sit in the lower bowl is with tickets from my job. We own four season tickets in section 121, and 95% of the time these tickets go to prospective sales leads, or VP's. So right there you have people that are completely uninterested in the game as a whole, and probably only there for two quarters or so.

Even when they do find their way into the hands of the common man, they're generally not going to be real fans. Literally every time I've been their with two of the four tickets, the people with the other two tickets have either shown up halfway through the first quarter and left early, or not shown up at all (happened at least twice that I can recall).

I would hazard a guess that this is pretty typical for all the corporate owned season tickets at the AAC, of which there are many.

It's the reality of life in the NBA, but don't tell me it doesn't suck. I salute the real fans like Dude that are there for every game and love it, but I reserve the right to bitch about the vast majority of people who are at the game because of the event, and pay little to no attention to the game itself.

Ok, rant over.
Could not agree more.

Every time I'm at a Stars or Mavs game and I see the fake blond, fake boob chick on the arm of some wanker looking dude with his hair all gelled up and his blue tooth in his ear waiting in line to get a 9 dollar glass of Merlot in a plastic cup, I want to just start bitching at them. But unfortunately, those people have the same right to a ticket as anyone else does.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-18-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2007, 01:22 AM   #42
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
It was cold outside brotha'. I would imagine most folks who don't have kiddos come directly from work to the game.
I wonder why it is so hard to imagine a person coming straight from work to the mavs game

Is wearing a suit on a Mavs game day while you are at work a sin?
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:35 AM   #43
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
I wonder why it is so hard to imagine a person coming straight from work to the mavs game

Is wearing a suit on a Mavs game day while you are at work a sin?
You want to know what I do for every GD Stars game?

I get to the arena. I step out of my car. I take off my tie. I take off my dress shirt. I put on my jersey, and I walk inside.

This takes me 1.467889 extra minutes.

I don't want to hear excuses for these people. They're with their business friends, and they all want to be cool. High school truly never ends.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:51 AM   #44
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

I get to the arena. I step out of my car. I take off my tie. I take off my dress shirt. I put on my jersey, and I walk inside.

I don't want to hear excuses for these people. They're with their business friends, and they all want to be cool. High school truly never ends.
agreed.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #45
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yup. This is what I would do if I had to wear business attire to work.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #46
vmac

vmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nice

Quote:

What about the people who travel by DART?
vmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:26 AM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmac
What about the people who travel by DART?

Do they wear business suits & hold season tickets in the lower bowl?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #48
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

One solution would be for the MAVS to sell more 1/2 season packages in the lower bowl. Its the only way to sit downstairs for less that $5,000 a year. I have one of the few. They are the worst seats downstairs, behind the basket near the top, but still much better than upstairs. When they opened the AAC, they refused to sell any 1/2 season packages downstairs. I guess when they didnt sell out fast enough, they opened up a few. I know my fellow 1/2 seasoners always show up, and when they don't, they give the ticks to real fans. And since the seats to my right are not season ticket seats, I'm often next to people in Spurs gear, or Kobe fans. Its so much fun to torment them.

Its too bad that the best seats all go to corporations who can write off the expense. So many of the best seats are empty until we play the Suns or Spurs. Thats less true in small markets, like Sacremento, because they don't have so many big corporations trying to impress clients. The Mavs should at least encouragethem to sell their tickets on the trading post. They probably don't want the income, it would screw up their tax returns.

By the way, I rarely change into Mavs gear after work, because when I do, we usually lose, and I will not jinx any more games with my t-shirts. Now I wear them the day after victories.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:13 PM   #49
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

One "solution" would be for the players to take a 50% pay cut. This continues to look like a non-problem for the mavs, only for fans who aren't there and enjoy talking about how great fans they are from their easy-chair.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #50
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a problem for the Mavs, it's a problem for the NBA. And if I was a season ticket holder in the lower bowl I'd say the same thing.

I don't understand your position on this Dude. Do you really not see what we're talking about? Do you really just chalk this up to jealousy?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-18-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:21 PM   #51
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

As someone who peruses alot of non-mavs message boards, I can tell you that grey seats in the crowd aren't going unnoticed by our opponents' fans.

Dude, perhaps you should start Tivo'ing a few games, it might give you a different perspective.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 11-18-2007 at 01:25 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #52
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
It's not a problem for the Mavs, it's a problem for the NBA. And if I was a season ticket holder in the lower bowl I'd say the same thing.

I don't understand your position on this Dude. Do you really not see what we're talking about? Do you really just chalk this up to jealousy?
First off I don't like to hear folks who:
1. Don't go to the games
2. Not pay for their tickets...

To gripe about people who do both. They pay's their money and they get the ride. I hear the announcers do it and I hear the fans sitting on their rears do it.

It's just a whip to me and I see the folks around me yelling their brains out, coming to every game, staying the whole time and I get to come here and hear folks sitting on their rear ends griping about 'em.

Just a whip.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #53
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
As someone who peruses alot of non-mavs message boards, I can tell you that grey seats in the crowd aren't going unnoticed by our opponents' fans.

Dude, perhaps you should start Tivo'ing a few games, it might give you a different perspective.
Well I actually do tivo some games. And I understand what you guys are saying. I wish that there were a sea of green like there was in the gsw's series. but it's the 3rd game of the season for goodness sakes.

Are there empty seats during playoffs? If cubes really wants to have everyone do that, do it when it really matters. I hate to tell ya' but going to 41+5pre+hopefully 16 more post season games are a lot. To think that fans are going to be ballistic on the 3rd game of the season is silly to me. Heck I'm not ballistic either nor are most folks here who go to the games either I would imagine.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:40 PM   #54
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

AT & T Center in San Antonio - now THAT's a crowd. I'm not saying the AAC doens't have its moments, but the Spurs atmosphere is always pretty damned impressive (at least in person).

I wonder why people in Oakland, Miaimi, or Memphis don't have the infamous "Blazer" quandry.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 11-18-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #55
dude1394
Guru

I happen to agree with you about the Spurts. It also seems to have a much better acoustic quality. Even the PA reverberated all through the arena. In fact I couldn't understand much that was being said.

But I don't recall the people around me being that much more yellers than I do at the mavs games. Certainly they weren't standing the whole time for example, but it does sound a heck of a lot louder.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:44 PM   #56
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
I happen to agree with you about the Spurts. It also seems to have a much better acoustic quality. Even the PA reverberated all through the arena. In fact I couldn't understand much that was being said.

But I don't recall the people around me being that much more yellers than I do at the mavs games. Certainly they weren't standing the whole time for example, but it does sound a heck of a lot louder.
Well, I usually here plenty of yelling...but its probably in response to MY yelling...i'm um...not a nice person when I'm there.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #57
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Well, I usually here plenty of yelling...but its probably in response to MY yelling...i'm um...not a nice person when I'm there.
I just don't recall the spurs fans standing and screming the whole game like you would expect with the amount of noise that is generated there. Because it really is loud.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:59 PM   #58
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
First off I don't like to hear folks who:
1. Don't go to the games
2. Not pay for their tickets...

To gripe about people who do both. They pay's their money and they get the ride. I hear the announcers do it and I hear the fans sitting on their rears do it.

It's just a whip to me and I see the folks around me yelling their brains out, coming to every game, staying the whole time and I get to come here and hear folks sitting on their rear ends griping about 'em.

Just a whip.
There is a huge contingent at the games that come late, leave early, leave early before halftime, etc. And it doesn't matter if it's a playoff game or a mid-season game against the Bobcats. It happens.

I'm not even talking about the noise level/overall participation. I'm just talking about the arrival/departure behaviors.

Again, if I had the money to have season tickets, it would annoy me even more, because I'd see it first hand more often.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-18-2007, 02:15 PM   #59
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

lower bowl fans for the most part suck. If I had money i would be at every game early and stay till the end, however I am poor and it takes all I have to make ends meet, therefore I only get to go 5-6 times a year. Dude why do you defend the pathetic fans around you? Are you part of some rich snobby bitch fraternity where you are not allowed to call out your breathren? Also wearing a shiny shirt or a suit to the game is fucking weak!! This isn't the ghost bar you trendy bitches.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #60
dude1394
Guru

yes...i'm just a rich bastard who is laughing at your poor ass. I'm happy you can't get season tickets so that I don't have to look around you standing up the whole game. Furthermore I hope you never have enough money to go to a game. You probably smell bad, drink too much and spill beer on everyone around you.

HaHaHa...

Last edited by dude1394; 11-18-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #61
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, good old class war - humanity never tires of it!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #62
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

The Spurs PA sounds like a castrated Bob Dylan.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:03 PM   #63
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Fake crowd noise ala Indy Colts?

Contact Me
Old 11-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #64
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
AT & T Center in San Antonio - now THAT's a crowd. I'm not saying the AAC doens't have its moments, but the Spurs atmosphere is always pretty damned impressive (at least in person).

I wonder why people in Oakland, Miaimi, or Memphis don't have the infamous "Blazer" quandry.

Notice that all those are smaller market cities, except Oakland, but the big bucks are accross the bay in San Francisco. There are few big corporations in Memphis or San Antonio to soak up all the best seats. Also fewer rich lawyers, doctors etc, and fewer pro sports to compete for the fan's dollar. Its hard to blame the fans, because those tickets aren't sold to fans.

You want to see a crappy crowd, go to a Super Bowl, where almost all the tickets are sold before they even know which teams are coming... sold to Equifax and Kimberly Clark who give them to whoever they want to impress, not likely real fans.

So I understand Dude, because the people like him are loyal fans who come to cheer. And the ones he sees every game are as rabid as anybody. He doesn't know the empty seat people, because they are never there, at least not long enough for him to know them.

Dallas also suffers from being a young franchise. The other big market cities, Chicago, New York, Boston have has their season tickets sold out to real fans long before it became the corporate thing to do to buy those seats. The Cowboys probably started it with the seat liscenses at Texas Stadium. Now we reap what they sowed.

But is this a real problem? Cuban gets paid, the players get paid. We get the best talent because of the money from those no shows, where as Sacremento doesn't, and SA does only because Duncan will play for less. The Mavs play hard no matter who shows. Believe me, if this was a problem that effected winning, Cuban would address it.

Maybe instead of putting blow up bang sticks in every seat, Cuban could put blow up dolls, so it would look better on TV.

Or at least encourage the rich and self absorbed to give their tickets up if they ain't gonna show up.

There are real fans downstairs. They sit with me in the end zones, where the seats cost half as much, where the clients wouldn't be impressed. But we show up, we cheer, we even put on the damned shirts, no matter how ugly a shade of green they happen to be.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:24 PM   #65
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I've never been to a Mavs game myself, but my friends tell me that the reunion areana was WAY louder than the AAC.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #66
alby
Guru

reunion rowdies ftw

Contact Me
Old 11-18-2007, 03:49 PM   #67
G-Man
Platinum Member

DREADED DOUBLE POST

Last edited by G-Man; 11-18-2007 at 05:05 PM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #68
G-Man
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
I've never been to a Mavs game myself, but my friends tell me that the reunion areana was WAY louder than the AAC.
When the Mavs beat Utah in the playoffs there, I left with my ears ringing, and returned with ear plugs.

Much smaller building, much lower roof, but almost as many people. AAC is top quality everything, including sound absorbtion. With 2 levels of Skyboxes, the ceiling is about a mile higher, as the upper deck fans know all too well.

Its the same people in both buildings. The rich only came to Reunion for the Lakers and the playoffs. And when we only won 17, they didnt come at all.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:45 PM   #69
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

dude, you are a fucking tool
Old 11-18-2007, 09:15 PM   #70
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

I went to the mavs/kings game on the 3rd. My mom and I flew out there for the weekend just to go to the game and we sat in the lower bowl behind the basket. The section I was sitting in was ok. The people right next to us were pretty into the game the whole time. They were cheering whenever the Mavs made a killer play etc. Then there were two bozos in front of us. Both were wearing mavs gear,but didn't cheer at anything. My mom even heard one of them say that Dirk was overrated. But I suppose I didn't really pay that much attention to who was in the lower bowl. I was just to freakin excited to be there.
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:24 PM   #71
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbrynt
dude, you are a ******** tool
Now I am even more glad that you'll never be able to afford tickets. Not only would you stand up the whole time, smell bad and spill beer all over everyone, but you'd curse so much that the children around you would start to cry and their mothers would be upset. Probably kick your little rear end out of there. That might be worth me buying you a ticket just to see how moronic you would act.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:44 PM   #72
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, this thread is fascinating.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #73
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts

I agree with dude.

if you guys have a problem with the lower bowl instead of b*tching about it......here's a novel idea....buy some tickets down there and try to "change the culture" yourself.

Im a season ticket holder and if i and anyone else has paid the amount of money that Ive paid for seats I can dress and act anyway i damnwell please.

Last night i went to the game with my parents and I was sporting my JET jersey.
Thursday night I was with one of my lady friends. I had on a nice collared shirt, my $240 Diesal jeans, and nice shoes. Afterwards we spent a little time at Jacks #7 before going out after the game.

I used to laugh at the people that stayed at Jack's #7 the entire game, but i go to so many games now that Im a season ticket holder that Ive spent plenty of second halfs at the bar trying to holler at dallas finest gold diggers.
That typically only happens if the Mavs are playing some team like the Bobcats and the game is way out of hand.
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:15 PM   #74
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now I am even more glad that you'll never be able to afford tickets. Not only would you stand up the whole time, smell bad and spill beer all over everyone, but you'd curse so much that the children around you would start to cry and their mothers would be upset. Probably kick your little rear end out of there. That might be worth me buying you a ticket just to see how moronic you would act.
An NBA basketball game is not a place for children. Or upset mothers. Leave the kiddies at home. No one likes to hear babies cry in a movie theater, just like no one likes to be told that their behaviour at a sporting event is not suitable for children.

The baby has no idea what is going anyway, so why would anyone bring him? Why do people insist on bringing children to adult events?

There are places like Chuck E Cheese that cater to children. Take the kids there, not to the AAC, where adults are trying to have an adult time.

Last edited by chumdawg; 11-18-2007 at 10:17 PM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #75
wesbrynt

first of all dude, I don't drink and have never had anyone tell me I was acting in a way that upset them so your pathetic attempt to make me look like some fucking drunk fool is trivial at best. And as far as smelling bad, I don't know your bitch would probably like the way I smell. I might throw a coke at you though, cause you know I would hate to break your stereotype
Old 11-18-2007, 10:41 PM   #76
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
An NBA basketball game is not a place for children. Or upset mothers. Leave the kiddies at home. No one likes to hear babies cry in a movie theater, just like no one likes to be told that their behaviour at a sporting event is not suitable for children.

The baby has no idea what is going anyway, so why would anyone bring him? Why do people insist on bringing children to adult events?

There are places like Chuck E Cheese that cater to children. Take the kids there, not to the AAC, where adults are trying to have an adult time.
Hmm...so kids of 5-12 aren't supposed to come to a mavs game. That's too bad because they are about some of the most fun to watch and the loudest.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #77
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbrynt
first of all dude, I don't drink and have never had anyone tell me I was acting in a way that upset them so your pathetic attempt to make me look like some fucking drunk fool is trivial at best. And as far as smelling bad, I don't know your bitch would probably like the way I smell. I might throw a coke at you though, cause you know I would hate to break your stereotype
I'm not "trying" to make you look like anything. Your crude and foul mouth makes you out to be the moron that you probably are. Sure you don't drink, probably saying that so that the parole officer won't catch you.

You started this knucklehead...you just keep showing yourself to be a moron who doesn't realize what a buffoon he is.

I'll say it again however, I am glad you are too poor to get a bunch of tickets, mavs don't need fans who can't make complete sentences without cursing like a drunken sailor. Stay home, the folks around you will be the better (and more intelligent) for it.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:56 PM   #78
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hmm...so kids of 5-12 aren't supposed to come to a mavs game. That's too bad because they are about some of the most fun to watch and the loudest.
Yes, kids at that age are cute. And they are much cuter when they are in a kid-friendly environment like a bounce house or Chuck E Cheese.

But ten-year-old kids do not a rowdy crowd make. If it's the last possession of a game and Golden State needs two to tie, I would hope that I could tell Baron Davis to f*** himself without worrying about the good future of the kid next to me.

Don't take a kid to a sporting event unless you are willing to allow the kid to take in the whole sporting event, curse words and all. If you don't want to expose your kid to that, don't bring him. That's pretty easy to understand.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:08 PM   #79
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathouse Bear
I agree with dude.

if you guys have a problem with the lower bowl instead of b*tching about it......here's a novel idea....buy some tickets down there and try to "change the culture" yourself.

Im a season ticket holder and if i and anyone else has paid the amount of money that Ive paid for seats I can dress and act anyway i damnwell please.

Last night i went to the game with my parents and I was sporting my JET jersey.
Thursday night I was with one of my lady friends. I had on a nice collared shirt, my $240 Diesal jeans, and nice shoes. Afterwards we spent a little time at Jacks #7 before going out after the game.

I used to laugh at the people that stayed at Jack's #7 the entire game, but i go to so many games now that Im a season ticket holder that Ive spent plenty of second halfs at the bar trying to holler at dallas finest gold diggers.
That typically only happens if the Mavs are playing some team like the Bobcats and the game is way out of hand.
Obviously you can dress and act however you want. No one is saying otherwise.

However, if you regularly arrive late and leave early, and spend more time talking to your date than watching the game, you are, in my opinion, a terrible fan. And I reserve the right to complain about terrible fans making up the majority of the lower bowl, and impacting our home court advantage.

Now, the fact that you are enough of a fan to even be a member of this board probably means you are a very good fan, and spend the majority of your time in your seats rooting on the Mavs. So clearly you are not who we are talking about here. So don't be so defensive.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-18-2007, 11:20 PM   #80
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
But ten-year-old kids do not a rowdy crowd make. If it's the last possession of a game and Golden State needs two to tie, I would hope that I could tell Baron Davis to f*** himself without worrying about the good future of the kid next to me.
lol

Oh if I had a nickel for every angry parent that turned around and glared at me....