Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-22-2002, 01:17 PM   #1
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

This is the latest from hoopsworld:

The Warriors have interest in signing Wang Zhi-Zhi and may help Wang get a big offer from Dallas, who claims they will match, but word also has it Wang was disappointed in how Dallas handled the China Nation team demands, and may be unwilling to re-sign. Mavs sources doubt there will be an issue, and say talks are awaiting Wang's selection of a new agent.

Why would Wang be pissed at us over that? Is this negotiating smoke?

Old 07-22-2002, 01:19 PM   #2
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Considering the accuracy of the coverage so far on the Wang matter, I wouldn't believe anything.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 01:23 PM   #3
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< Considering the accuracy of the coverage so far on the Wang matter, I wouldn't believe anything. >>

I'm not believing anything from anyone when it comes to Wang until people start seeing actual contracts.

That actually applies to all negotiations, but its especially true in Wang's case.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 01:31 PM   #4
Nellie
Golden Member

Who knows if it is true, I am just playing the part of objectivity by trying to find a reason why Wang could be pissed at the Mavs. As sticky as this situation has been, you can't exactly rule it out.
Old 07-22-2002, 02:17 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's get Valade's input and we will know for sure. Whatever Valade says, then go the opposite and you know it will be true.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 02:28 PM   #6
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< Who knows if it is true, I am just playing the part of objectivity by trying to find a reason why Wang could be pissed at the Mavs. As sticky as this situation has been, you can't exactly rule it out. >>

I'm not trying to rule it out, just saying there's no way to tell. I mean we don't have any idea, for example, what was said in Wang's last talk with Cuban/Nellie before he took off for California. Maybe they all mapped out this strategy together and this report is just some reporter blowing wind. Or maybe they had a completely different talk and Wang is furious with the Mavs for not backing him up and is only staying polite because his contract is still up in the air.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 02:42 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< Let's get Valade's input and we will know for sure. Whatever Valade says, then go the opposite and you know it will be true. >>

Seconded[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 02:45 PM   #8
Nellie
Golden Member

What I want to know is how in the hell did she get her job and why has she been able to keep it?
Old 07-22-2002, 03:30 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Industrial strength knee pads?
Old 07-22-2002, 03:35 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

If Wang is indeed pissed off, he should consider the old Confucious proverb that it is better to be pissed off than pissed on. If he wants to play in this league, it will be in a Mavs uni this year. I just don't see him going anywhere because the Mavs can match to 4.5 mil and noone is going to be stupid enough to offer him that. I cannot fathom the Mavs wanting to trade him either.
Old 07-22-2002, 03:43 PM   #11
Nellie
Golden Member

<< I just don't see him going anywhere because the Mavs can match to 4.5 mil and noone is going to be stupid enough to offer him that. >>

I don't know. I definitely didn't think anybody would offer that to Calvin Booth either.
Old 07-22-2002, 03:43 PM   #12
Nellie
Golden Member

<< Industrial strength knee pads? >>

I wondered who was going to go here first.
Old 07-22-2002, 04:39 PM   #13
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<<

<< I just don't see him going anywhere because the Mavs can match to 4.5 mil and noone is going to be stupid enough to offer him that. >>

I don't know. I definitely didn't think anybody would offer that to Calvin Booth either.
>>

Someone would have to offer Wang MORE than 4.5 mil or the Mavs can match it. Seattle offered Booth MORE than the midlevel last year (they were under the cap) so the Mavs COULDN'T match it. There is only one team under the cap enough to offer Wang a contract over the mid-level, and that is the Clips.

Chances are zero that Sterling will offer Wang a contract.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote