Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-22-2002, 03:38 PM   #1
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

So, let's review the situation:

Philly and DMN release information that Buck is going to sign with Philly. A couple of days later, word gets out that Philly wants to keep it's exception so they are trying to work out a S & T deal with Dallas and that other teams may be involved. The latest is that we hear Cuban has made a counter-offer for Buck which I believe was only done to buy some time. All the while, none of it has been posted as "official" information. Now all of the sudden, we get wind that Lewis is exploring options. If Seattle is convinced Lewis will jet, they will want something for him in a S & T. If Cuban has contacted Lewis' agent, I am convinced what they are exploring is how to make a Philly, Dallas, Seattle deal work, at least until they have determined it is impossible. If this falls through, which it should, then we fall back on a Harpring type deal or end up with Buck if Philly doesn't want to counter.

Did I miss anything?
Old 07-22-2002, 03:43 PM   #2
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

I think the biggest news is that Toronto took the restricted FA sign off of Keon and Vin gets traded. That is huge, I think the Sonics are trying to make a little room for Lewis's new contract.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 03:45 PM   #3
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

The whole Buck thing is completly shady. I don't know what is going to happen, but I will be pissed if all this crap is said and nothing happens but resigning Buck.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 03:53 PM   #4
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

<< I think the biggest news is that Toronto took the restricted FA sign off of Keon >>

Could Clark be worked into a S &amp; T? Who else would we have to give up to get him?