Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-01-2009, 01:54 AM   #41
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Joe Biden says not to go on airplanes...
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2009, 03:34 AM   #42
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Carry some hand sanitizer...and a taser.
Pepper spray!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:58 AM   #43
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Pepper spray!
Doubles as a sanitizer...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #44
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i highly recommend the use of a neti-pot....no, seriously I do.....keeps snot from building up in your nasal passages, snot which might otherwise form a nice breeding ground for all manner of bad things. it's worked great for me.

as for the 'damned if the government does, damned if the government doesn't' argument....

I always advise a little skepticism in arguments framed thusly:

the best case scenario if the government does act v. the worst case scenario if the government doesn't act.

i mean....I'm not suggesting we pull out tinfoil hats or anything. It's not like it would occur to folks in the government that crises, real or imagined, are good pr tools which they should use to their advantage.

swine and more swine

i'm sure the government cares so deeply about us that it puts our needs and concerns ahead of it's own.

Last edited by alexamenos; 05-01-2009 at 09:30 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #45
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

I heard they canceled Mansfield's Prom. They better not cancel Martin's (my school). Do hope we get out of school this week. I'd love that. And today, me and a couple of my friends brought some mini-hand sanitizer packers to school and gave people free samples in the hallway. To protect them from the Swine Flu.

GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #46
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whoops!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #47
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:42 AM   #48
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I went with my brother and his family to the Fort Worth Zoo today, and I was shocked to see several families wandering around the zoo with masks on. Seriously?! If you are that paranoid that you might catch the swine flu, then keep your sorry butt at home. So silly! I think the world has gone mad.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:30 AM   #49
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
That reminds me.. I wrote a paper several years back about the possible ramifications of a serious flu outbreak... I can't believe I forgot all about that. It must not have been that good.
You must find that paper and share it with us. It really would be an interesting read and to see how close your conclusions would be.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:41 AM   #50
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

They once said that a black man would be president when pigs fly.

His first 100 days and *bam* swine "flu"
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #51
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp View Post
I went with my brother and his family to the Fort Worth Zoo today, and I was shocked to see several families wandering around the zoo with masks on. Seriously?! If you are that paranoid that you might catch the swine flu, then keep your sorry butt at home. So silly! I think the world has gone mad.
I was at UTA on Wednesday to discuss some more scholarships and I saw many college students with masks on. Some funny looking ones, too.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #52
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I was at UTA on Wednesday to discuss some more scholarships and I saw many college students with masks on. Some funny looking ones, too.
Did any look like this?

Is this ghost ball??
Old 05-02-2009, 10:07 AM   #53
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

This site is suppose to help you figure out if you have Swine Flue or not. It was helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Did any look like this?

Ha, no. They had little red ones that fit around your mouth and not cover half your face. I saw someone with baby wipes, wiping the door handle. Good stuff.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #54
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
They once said that a black man would be president when pigs fly.

His first 100 days and *bam* swine "flu"
now where have i heard that before? oh yeah, this thread, like 30 posts before yours.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #55
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I'm definitely going to avoid the subway.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #56
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

But I could go for some Subway.

Speaking of swine flu.. I went to eat last night at one of my favorite generic chinese places.. Well, the Chinese lady that was 'ringing me up' had a serious cough. I'm surprised people didn't turn around and leave when they saw the lady with Ebola virus at the register, but it didn't seem to bother anyone. So we made out.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #57
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sick.

Sick of this frivolous non-story and everyone's paranoid gullibility.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #58
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
now where have i heard that before? oh yeah, this thread, like 30 posts before yours.
Oops, lol.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:44 AM   #59
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, who was it that mentioned zombies earlier?

http://bouncewith.me.uk/europe/8027043.htm
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #60
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

REALLY???????

The world has officially gone off its nut...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:01 AM   #61
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha, good one cadbane. I am totally forwarding that to people.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #62
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's cool. I wish I could catch a disease like that.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #63
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

It's been confirmed that someone has Swine Flu in my school, and the school is not closing.

The schools a bunch of bastards everyone is sick in the school. Sniffing, puffin, coughing and the school is not closing.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #64
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

That sucks... can you wear a mask at least?

Is this ghost ball??
Old 05-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #65
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
It's been confirmed that someone has Swine Flu in my school, and the school is not closing.

The schools a bunch of bastards everyone is sick in the school. Sniffing, puffin, coughing and the school is not closing.
I'm sorry dude...but hey, it's the flu. It doesn't boil your insides. It's just the flu.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #66
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so....any of you dead yet? specifically from the pig cold that is...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:05 AM   #67
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

There are 800++ people who tested positive for Swine Flu here in the Ph. Dang. An old lady died due to complications. She had a weak heart and the flu kind of triggered something that led to her demise. May God rest her soul

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #68
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
so....any of you dead yet? specifically from the pig cold that is...
Not dead yet.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 10-31-2009, 07:57 AM   #69
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

In germany first sports events have been canceled due to the flu. Affected is the Handball womens 1st league, where 11 players show typical symtoms.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:25 AM   #70
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

My friend is dressing up tonight with a pig mask and thermometer.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote