Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-31-2018, 11:23 PM   #561
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Straight from the NBA Rulebook:

A defensive player may turn slightly to protect himself, but is never allowed to bend over and submarine an opponent.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_c....av=ArticleList

Once again, Lebron had position, his feet were set. His upper body did turn slightly, but that had no effect on the fact that Lebron beat KD to the spot. I’ll add that Steve Javie agrees with me.

I think if you see that live, yeah it’s a 50-50 call. I had no doubt in my mind it was a charge after seeing the replay. To overturn it from a charge to a block is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:28 PM   #562
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

And thats why i really hate the NBA deep inside...WAY too many 50:50 calls. And of course the additional wrong ones...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:31 PM   #563
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Yeah. With 30 seconds left there was a call made, on the floor it was a charge. They reviewed it because of proximity to the restricted area and while the restricted area played no part ultimately they overturned the call and said Lebron was moving or wasn't square or both. People after the game have said charge/block. The only real issue I have with it is I'm used to football and the clear decisive evidence needed and this is a 50/50 call, hard to overturn a 50/50 type call.
Wow. I didn't even know they could change a foul call from a video review unless there was a time or boundaries issue like the charge circle. I mean can they check for a foul/no foul on any play they review, like when they are checking feet on a three or out of bounds?
FreshJive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:40 PM   #564
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked at it. It looks like a clear block at first, but after multiple runs I can see the argument for both. From the sideline it looks like a charge, from the top it looks like a block, and from the baseline I can see the argument for either. It's close enough that it seems bad to change the initial call.

Last edited by FreshJive; 05-31-2018 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:34 AM   #565
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@jayrashad__: What if JR Smith saw 14 million possible outcomes and this is the only way the Cavs win this series?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-01-2018 at 05:49 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:35 AM   #566
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Lebron as Cavs GM has sucked, but you gotta give it to him to stay in the worst city on earth with a bunch of nobodies. And he still gets them to the finals.

He is gone next season...no question.
Far from the worst city on earth- Cleveland has a world class symphony(often considered the best in the U.S.)and hall, the Cleveland Institute of Art is one of the top art and design schools as well, Cleveland Cinematheque is contained therin and a great resource, and they have 3 professional sports teams.

But I agree with the Lebron as GM part

Last edited by mac222b; 06-01-2018 at 08:36 AM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:38 AM   #567
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

How can they change the initial call? If there are two different calls by separate officials?
Old 06-01-2018, 09:11 AM   #568
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
How can they change the initial call? If there are two different calls by separate officials?

I hate to be the conspiracy theorist, but just think of how much money Vegas would have lost if the Cavs won this game. No one was betting on the Warriors to win because the payout wasn't worth it. No one was betting on the Warriors to cover a huge 12.5 point spread either.

These refs are getting paid in bitcoin straight to their crypto wallets.

Last edited by tap2390; 06-01-2018 at 09:12 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:32 AM   #569
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

There has to be complete evidence to the contrary, in my opinion, to overturn that call. Such a 50-50 play should stick with the call made in real time. That sucks for the Cavs, as you really could nitpick that call either way, even in slo-mo.

J.R. Smith is a nitwit. No excuse for not knowing the damn situation. Why is he even on the block to begin with?!

LeBron is a stud.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #570
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

At least the series now has potential go get really dirty. That would make the Finals watchable. I don't think the Cavs have a shot anyway. So trying to get under the Warriors' skin might actually be the best strategy they have.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:17 PM   #571
Harpospoke

Harpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Are you allowed to take a stand AND move the body in the offensive player ?
It depends on the ref.

Two problems really.

1-It could go either way even if you review it. Steve Javie explained why he thought it was a charge. He looked at Lebron's left foot. It was set. Javie allowed a player's body "firming up" in his words. Technically the player's body is till moving, but Javie's point was the player was in position in time. So it's still a 50/50 call even with replay. ...Which makes the case weaker for overturning a call made on the court. You should need clear evidence to do that. This one is debatable.

2-They are only allowed to go to replay to check if they think there is a question about the player being in or out of the restricted zone. Once they get to replay, then they are allowed to look at the foul itself....but that can't be the primary reason they go to replay. Lebron was clearly out of the zone so there was no valid reason to go to replay in the first place. This one is not debatable.

And that's not even getting into the other 2 calls that went against Lebron before that. The foul by Looney that was a no-call and the strip of KD that was called as a foul.

Thus dies the myth that "Lebron gets all the calls". He must be the only super star in history who would get 3 key calls go against him in the waning moments of a Finals game.

That "Vegas conspiracy" is interesting. After watching 2006 Finals, I don't put anything past the NBA.
Harpospoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:09 PM   #572
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/GeorgeFoster72/s...89822152736768
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #573
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO Curry and Thompson with a ridiculous no-call foul on Lebron.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:54 PM   #574
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
LMAO Curry and Thompson with a ridiculous no-call foul on Lebron.
Seems a lot of calls have been going the Warriors way. That was a terrible no call though. The defensive has to give the player a place to land. Then they call a tech on Lue to top it off.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:59 PM   #575
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I think since it was a full court pass it's incidental contact since it was up for grabs. I mean Lebron and Crowder hit Hayward in the air game 1 on a lob attempt and he got injured for the whole season and there was no foul, because it was considered up for grabs on a lob attempt. I'm not really sure how those calls go ever. Actually I'm not really sure what a foul in the NBA looks like anymore at all, and I'm not sure the refs know either.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 06-03-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:04 PM   #576
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol at Kendrick Perkins trying to start shit with Steph. Won't that POS just go away? Why are teams even signing his no talent ass?
Old 06-03-2018, 09:06 PM   #577
tap2390
Diamond Member

I feel for LeBron. Every wide open look his teammates brick must be extremely disheartening, especially when compounded by ridiculous shots from Curry and Durant.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:19 PM   #578
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

My God Steph.....
Old 06-03-2018, 09:24 PM   #579
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Just call it. Series over.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #580
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Well game 3 is prolly their only chance at a win.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:28 PM   #581
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I feel for LeBron. Every wide open look his teammates brick must be extremely disheartening, especially when compounded by ridiculous shots from Curry and Durant.
Except he sort of gets the shortsighted roster he deserves. Couldn’t have foreseen Kyrie leaving, but Lebron lobbied for them to JR and Tristan to those deals
Old 06-04-2018, 12:01 AM   #582
Harpospoke

Harpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the rough

So....anyone got a case for why GS won't win it again next year? Boredom maybe?
Old 06-04-2018, 06:29 AM   #583
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpospoke View Post
I don't think GS wins it next year. Whether it's because LBJ goes to Houston or GS continues to think they can coast and someone beats them. Houston had them until CP3 went down with his annual playoff injury.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:04 AM   #584
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpospoke View Post
Hard to say. A lot can change, a lot can happen.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:05 PM   #585
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Lebron and KD could team up in LA with PG13. Really have to wait until this off season is over before predictions should be made. But to your point, if everyone stays where they are, then there is no reason for GS to win it again next year.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:43 PM   #586
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@Boweman55: the lebron-less Cavs roster wouldn't beat the Mavs in a seven game series.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:09 AM   #587
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:18 AM   #588
Harpospoke

Well thank god the draft is coming up because there is no drama in the Finals any more. It's like the bad old days when the Super Bowl was a blowout every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Oh man that would be so funny. At least fans could see the difference between Lebron building a new team in Miami and going to an already built super team.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:28 AM   #589
FreshJive
Diamond Member

LeBron, Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum, Horford could beat the Warriors.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:52 AM   #590
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the Warriors just blew out Cleveland in Game 4. Let's get over with this boredom.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:01 AM   #591
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
How would he get to Boston? Why would he go to Boston when Kyrie just demanded a trade to get away from him?
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:04 AM   #592
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
How would he get to Boston? Why would he go to Boston when Kyrie just demanded a trade to get away from him?
To beat the Warriors.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:38 PM   #593
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Hello !
Old 06-08-2018, 09:28 PM   #594
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hill 2/37m left
TT 2/36m left
JR 2/30m left
Clarkson 2/26m left

After Lebron left the Cavs are toast for two years...and with Love having a PO in 2019 they wont get much value for him too
Old 06-08-2018, 09:32 PM   #595
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Irving
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Horford

could beat the Warriors
Old 06-08-2018, 09:58 PM   #596
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Well. That's it.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:00 PM   #597
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Yawn
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:08 PM   #598
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Hmpf
Old 06-08-2018, 10:14 PM   #599
sefant77
Guru

Kevin "hardest Road" Cupcake Durant as MVP
Old 06-08-2018, 10:15 PM   #600
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

More interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adbT...ature=youtu.be