Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #121
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Btw, I feel sorry for Jason Kidd's coaching career. I hope it isn't DOA before he even gets a chance to coach. The Nets sure do suck. Age has hit them hard.

You know it's sad when Kidd would be their 2nd best player out there right now if he still played.
I was thinking about it the other day.. Few that I can remember really good players make good coaches. I thing they find out how hard it is and don't need the dough. The players who never had a great career seem to do better.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #122
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Don't look now, but we're 5th in the West and ahead of the Clips and Rockets
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #123
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Don't look now, but we're 5th in the West and ahead of the Clips and Rockets
DANG IT, you just made me look!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #124
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk +10 on the fake tough overcusser.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 11-22-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #125
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was thinking about it the other day.. Few that I can remember really good players make good coaches. I thing they find out how hard it is and don't need the dough. The players who never had a great career seem to do better.
Agreed. But I think that is because great players tend to not be able to "explain" how to do it. They are just with ability.

(Very similar to the way Matt Damon tries to explain his gift to Minnie Driver in Good Will Hunting.)

But Jason Kidd has been a "player coach" for awhile on the court. So I think he a better chance than most great players to succeed.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #126
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Agreed. But I think that is because great players tend to not be able to "explain" how to do it. They are just with ability.

(Very similar to the way Matt Damon tries to explain his gift to Minnie Driver in Good Will Hunting.)

But Jason Kidd has been a "player coach" for awhile on the court. So I think he a better chance than most great players to succeed.

From steineymo with perspective from rc... But..... Damn!!!! 190million..wowsa.

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...-to-judge-kidd
"Kidd no doubt understands that he has no grounds to complain. No one forced him to push for the job so hard just days after coming to the realization that his playing days were done ... and without the benefit of some semblance of a coaching apprenticeship. Too late now to lament how much there is to learn and how challenging it is trying to home-school on the fly with a win-now team that will cost its impatient Russian owner nearly $190 million this season alone when you factor in all of the luxury tax. "