Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-28-2003, 10:10 AM   #1
LoveMyMavs14

LoveMyMavs14 is on a distinguished road
Default Our Mavs.

I'm sorry for creating a thread that's not REALLY necessary, but everyone seems so downtrodden after the Phoenix fiasco. Especially after Thanksgiving, I think it's important to be thankful for the many good things there are about this franchise.

*For the most part, this team is a class act.
*The players are down to earth, and seem, as a whole, more approachable than most teams in the NBA.
*There isn't an owner who cares more about his players, his team, or the fans.
*We rarely have to suffer through a 80-79, clanking, grind-it-out game.
*We have one of the most beautiful arenas in the league.
*The organization cares about winning, but knows that it is first, and foremost, a game.
*This team wins, and often, wins big.
*There isn't a more explosive "Big Five" (or any number of players) on any other team.
*We know no matter how bad things may seem, this organization does whatever it can to make your experience a good one.
LoveMyMavs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2003, 10:20 AM   #2
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Our Mavs.

Who's downtrodden? I most certainly am not. I have been a Mavs fan every year they have been in existence. One loss isn't going to bum me out. I am worried about Dirks ankle, but I am still Mavs fan numero uno!

BTW...nice list. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 10:26 AM   #3
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I've been too busy eating turkey to get on-line since after the Phoenix game. I will start reading the threads to catch-up, but have the sentiments really been that bad?

I think Bogey put it best. It is only one game. However, this bad play on the road trend has got be a bit concerned. I hope we turn that around soon.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 10:59 AM   #4
thewillis12

thewillis12 is on a distinguished road

please tell me that dirk is going to play on saturday at least. i am going to my first mavs game ever on saturday andi want my favorite player to be there.
thewillis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 12:33 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Our Mavs.

*The Mavs improve a lot always after a blow out.

Old 11-28-2003, 01:12 PM   #6
LoveMyMavs14

LoveMyMavs14 is on a distinguished road

Thought of something, we can be glad that everyone IS so shocked when someone on the Mavs commits a foul like Fortson did. They don't expect dirty play, and for that we should be grateful.
LoveMyMavs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:22 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs are great. I wish they had played a little harder in phoenix after dirk went out but it's tough when your best player hits the floor. Tonight I expect to be a better effort.

I am concerned about dirks' ankles and really concerned about him saying that he needs to be more "careful", I hope that doesn't effect his aggressiveness. But that's twice already that he's hurt his ankles, bad karma.

As far as fortson, it's unfortunate that the guy busted his wrist, if he had just feel fortson would probably have been touted as the "enforcer" dallas has needed. It's typical fan/media stuff.

I for one will yell my brains out when fortson gets into the game at the arena.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:40 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

i was about to burn all my jerseys and throw away all my rookie cards and quit being a fan of the Mavs until I read this thread........thanks LMM14![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]..you pulled me back from a very dark place[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote