Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-22-2011, 04:46 AM   #41
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Im not concerned simply because I dont think that Aldridge can continue to be a MUCH better shooter than Dirk like he has been so far this series. Im among the biggest Dirk fans on this board and hes still found ways to be effective, but based purely on these three games, Dirk hasn't looked to be in Aldridge's league as a mid range jump shooter and we all know that isnt the case. At some point, Dirk's will start falling and Aldridge's will stop falling.

Also I really hate Andre Miller. Not quite Dwyane Wade level hate, but I really hate that guy.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2011, 05:53 AM   #42
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

The stupid plays we had and the way the Blazers played, you can't be too mad about this one. You knew Portland was probably going to take one at home. They won last night in a game that we didn't really deserve to win and they played their best game...and they barely won (even after some suspect plays). I'll take it. Bring on game 4!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:54 AM   #43
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

One last thing about this game: we're playing without 2 of our top 5 players this series. That's pretty damn good if you ask me!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:45 AM   #44
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

The FT´s, yeah even with the Haywood misses the Mavs were in shape to win it if Dirk and JJB did not miss those 5 ones. Chandler can´t stay on the floor, thanks refs. Kidd throws the ball around because the crowd is loud, he was nervous to be up 2-0, just why?

Hard to say when he went 9-20 but somehow Dirk misses many easy jumpers.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #45
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

Chandler needs to stay out of foul trouble and the defensive intensity from the entire team needs to be more consistent throughout the 48 minutes. Getting off to a fast start for once would also help, playing from behind all the time is much more exhausting, both mentally and physically.
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #46
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

Tyson Chandler has been foul-prone since his Hornets days.

Not about the refs, Chandler just fouls alot (240 during reg season #4 among Centers)

Missed FT's and bad turnovers (in a relatively even called game) were the downfalls.

Add the fact that the Mavs are probably worse than even the Lakers in the Rose Garden and those games in Portland will be tough.

On the plus side, the Blazers won't be able to win in Dallas either.

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 04-22-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Bynum4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #47
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Travels go down as turnovers, don't they? The refs gave us a few of those.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:22 AM   #48
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I didn't have much issue with the rotations last night. The team was struggling to score and JJB was providing a lift offensively. Yes the team has to scramble to cover for him defensively, but when Kidd and Dirk aren't playing up to their level, and Marion isn't contributing offensively, you have to adjust somehow.

I thought it was justified last night.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #49
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

When they are shooting like they were, there is no reason for JJB to be in the game for as long as he was in the 4th. I don't care if he provides a little bit of offensive punch, I think the defensive black hole more than makes up for that. I like him, he is tough and will take a punch (well, elbows, literally) but the refs have started to not call that on the post ups. He makes our team defense really suspect, especially with JET and Kidd in at the same time, to where it is just counter-active to have him in. This game lies heavily on the shoulders of RC, in my honest opinion. Sure, the refs called some BS calls and then non-calls that were crucial and led to easy Portland baskets. Then the Mavs miss so many free throws, but when it comes down to it, the rotations cost us in the 4th.

Last edited by saclare; 04-22-2011 at 08:41 AM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #50
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

If one had told me, that we would lose a game with Jet shooting 29 ... ?!?"!

Last edited by GermanDunk; 04-22-2011 at 09:03 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #51
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
If one had told me, that we would loose a game with Jet shooting 29 ... ?!?"!
Yea, to waste a performance like that. He played incredible, and even more so on defense, to a pleasant surprise. But, it was the JET and Dirk show, then not much else.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #52
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally behind a laptop here.

I wouldn't fret too much over this loss, looking at all the horrible things our team did, we still lost by 3 (extra ft's at the end can kiss my ass).

I HIGHLY doubt Wesley Matthews will shoot the way he did tonight again in game 4.

BTW, Fake Wes Matthews (1st half, 22 pts), real Wes Matthews (2nd half, 3 pts).

I still strongly believe we will take game 4 in Portland (if we get our heads out of our asses) and if not, we will take the last 2. This series shouldn't go to 7.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 04-22-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #53
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the game as I said and whaddya know.......

I'm back and will be in Mavericks time on Saturday.

PS- How come Underdog only starts PGTs when we win?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #54
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

BGMaverick,
Were you there? It can be hard to compare AAC vs. others on the tele but the local cats always say the AAC gets loud. Is that hogwash?

Old 04-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #55
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
PS- How come Underdog only starts PGTs when we win?

I usually don't touch PGT's after a loss until the next day - it gives everybody time to cool off...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-22-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #56
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

That was the Jason Kidd that I feared would show up eventually...the one that we will not stand a chance with. The crazy turnovers (5) and some other close calls made it look like he was insecure and a little intimidated right off the tip. I know it's hard to change things and commit to it, but obviously he has to attack and play like games 1 and 2. He doesn't have to knock down every shot but he has to penetrate and put them up and keep the offensive flow. Carlisle even said the same thing.

Guys were losing their defensive assignments all over the place and getting stuck behind screens too often. Especially early in the game when Portland was setting a pace.

Brendan Haywood, good gosh. Your a professional... and yet can't hit FT's to save your life or the teams momentum. It's a long season and one would like to think that a player will improve on almost everything they are working on during that period but somehow it has gotten worse in the post season. From a career %60, to season %36, to playoffs %16. Please take it easy on the silly fouls Chandler.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #57
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Personally I didn't have much issue with the rotations last night. The team was struggling to score and JJB was providing a lift offensively. Yes the team has to scramble to cover for him defensively, but when Kidd and Dirk aren't playing up to their level, and Marion isn't contributing offensively, you have to adjust somehow.

Yep.

I absolutely hated seeing Barea on the floor for the entire 4th quarter, but Shawn Marion has been garbage on offense so far in the playoffs and we definitely needed some scoring. The problem with JJB, though, is that we weren't getting any stops on defense.

This is where a healthy, heady Roddy could have helped us a lot...

Last edited by Underdog; 04-22-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #58
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Since I couldn't do it in the GDT...

PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL PLAYER Brendan Haywood!

Old 04-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #59
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Since I couldn't do it in the GDT...

PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL PLAYER Brendan Haywood!
It doesn't even look like he cares anymore. He shows zippo consistency in his release and rushes it like mad. Like he knows he's not gonna make it anyway, so he might as well get it over with.

In '07-'08 Haywood shot 74% from the line. How do you fall like that?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #60
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

how can anyone be worried? We've clearly been the better team throughout this series and last night with everything but Terry going wrong we were still 45 seconds from pullling off a dominant game 4 comeback.

Portland was making everything
Chandler couldnt step on the floor without being whistled
Everyone including Dirk was missing FTs
Matthews and Roy both played above their ability
Dirk really never got going-- he showed his dominance but never dominated

It was a perfect sh%t storm and we came out only down a couple points.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #61
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
how can anyone be worried? We've clearly been the better team throughout this series and last night with everything but Terry going wrong we were still 45 seconds from pullling off a dominant game 4 comeback.

Portland was making everything
Chandler couldnt step on the floor without being whistled
Everyone including Dirk was missing FTs
Matthews and Roy both played above their ability
Dirk really never got going-- he showed his dominance but never dominated

It was a perfect sh%t storm and we came out only down a couple points.

Exactly - with how bad we played, we should've lost, but we still barely lost.

Let's steal Game 4 and wrap it up in Dallas...

Last edited by Underdog; 04-22-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #62
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

We're winning this series one way or another. They aren't winning in Dallas. I'd say we have a good 50% of winning one of the two remaining games in Portland.

Whether it ends in 5, 6, or 7, Mavs are taking this thing.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #63
kenny_817

kenny_817 is infamous around these parts

We took their best shot like champs. This is over in 5. Not worried at all. Monday night I'm in attendance to watch the confetti drop
kenny_817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #64
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
That was the Jason Kidd that I feared would show up eventually...the one that we will not stand a chance with. The crazy turnovers (5) and some other close calls made it look like he was insecure and a little intimidated right off the tip. I know it's hard to change things and commit to it, but obviously he has to attack and play like games 1 and 2. He doesn't have to knock down every shot but he has to penetrate and put them up and keep the offensive flow. Carlisle even said the same thing.

Guys were losing their defensive assignments all over the place and getting stuck behind screens too often. Especially early in the game when Portland was setting a pace.

Brendan Haywood, good gosh. Your a professional... and yet can't hit FT's to save your life or the teams momentum. It's a long season and one would like to think that a player will improve on almost everything they are working on during that period but somehow it has gotten worse in the post season. From a career %60, to season %36, to playoffs %16. Please take it easy on the silly fouls Chandler.
Yep, Kidd has to keep shooting regardless, I'm sure he's said it before, if he's 1-10, he still has to shoot, not think, shoot it. Once he stops, the offense stalls, then you end up chucking a desperation with 2 ticks left.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #65
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

The Blazers/RIP city should be v e r y v e r y scared. They gave their best punch last night and still almost got knocked out. Let's take care of business Saturday!

MFFL

Last edited by She_Growls; 04-22-2011 at 11:20 AM.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #66
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls View Post
The Blazers/RIP city should be v e r y v e r y scared. They gave their best punch last night and still almost got knocked out. Let's take care of business Saturday!

MFFL
This. First game at home for the Blazers, down 2-0... this is as close to game 7 as you can get without actually playing game 7. And we all know this series isn't going to game 7. Mavs were within striking distance even with so many people playing poorly, as others have pointed out. Game 3 was Portland's greatest and most valiant effort - but it will also have been their swan song.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #67
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Portland averaged 85 pts in games 1 & 2 and then scored 97 in game 3. I realize that JET had probably the best game of any Mav last night but he is still a bit of double-edged sword even when he is scoring. I think the Mavs have got to focus on defense for game 4 and keeping the Blazers in the 80s-low 90s. Stevenson didn't play well but he also only got 4 minutes of pt and Matrix only logged 27. I think it is important for RC to utilize his defensive minded players even if it means the score is kept in the 80s or low 90s. Clearly there were a ton of issues last night, with turnovers and missed fts being at the top of the list, but Roy + Matthews also went off for 40 pts and that's a problem that shouldn't be understated.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #68
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Im not concerned simply because I dont think that Aldridge can continue to be a MUCH better shooter than Dirk like he has been so far this series. Im among the biggest Dirk fans on this board and hes still found ways to be effective, but based purely on these three games, Dirk hasn't looked to be in Aldridge's league as a mid range jump shooter and we all know that isnt the case. At some point, Dirk's will start falling and Aldridge's will stop falling.

Also I really hate Andre Miller. Not quite Dwyane Wade level hate, but I really hate that guy.
The defense between Dirk and Aldridge are night and day. Thus it's not like they are shooting in warmups. Dirk is clearly the better shooter but can't get good rhythm due to being pressed.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #69
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Breaking Down Dallas Guard Play Versus Portland

http://www.mavsfastbreak.com/2011/04...rsus-portland/
Old 04-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #70
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls View Post

MFFL
Silver lining, lets hope so, we must start nailing the coffin shut.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #71
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Three guard lineup was + 8 in the fourth.

http://www.popcornmachine.net/cgi-bi...21&game=DALPOR
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #72
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post

Interesting...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #73
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
The defense between Dirk and Aldridge are night and day. Thus it's not like they are shooting in warmups. Dirk is clearly the better shooter but can't get good rhythm due to being pressed.
Dirk has been being pressed his entire career, he isn't a 40 % shooter is he?
Old 04-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #74
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Cuban got hit last night.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...avericks-cuban
Old 04-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #75
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Meh, on to the next one.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #76
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post

What game were you watching? Dirk was fine on offense. All we needed to do was continue to milk the Dirk-Terry PnR. With JJB out there he handles the ball way too much, and Dirk is always having to set him screens. Atrocious defense and rebounding aside. Can't believe you're trying to justify the 4th quarter rotations. Wow.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #77
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post

Looks like the much bigger problem was the 2-guard JJB/Terry lineup without Kidd.

*edit* Also, the Blazers shot like 37% in the second half. Had no idea it was that bad.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-22-2011 at 03:29 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #78
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

but can mahinmi play in the 4th???? haywood with this % at FT's can't stay on the floor in tight game.i'm sorry but he isn't Shaq.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #79
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Even though he had a good game offensively it was an off night for Dirk by Dirk standards. Tomorrow though I know Dirk will be back to form knocking down jumpers and hitting those FT's.

Now if we could just tighten it up just bit on the D and have less turnovers I would be extremely happy.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #80
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Code:
OffEff: 106.96 DefEff: 112.77
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
return of the quack!