Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #161
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Silk's plan is basically get luck as hell that you find a good quarterback.

So in other words, he doesn't have a plan.
I should've said...you didn't give a plan, you just made a statement.
My bad.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #162
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You must have missed the last three weeks alex. This is silk's new bit. Ignore the pile of crap that is the Dallas Cowboys and say how Romo can't get it done. Whatever.
You know exactly what I am doing. I am showing you EXACTLY why I called Romo a "Mental Midget" and that he cant win big games for the most part, he does not perform well in December and has never won a playoff game. All this while while having the most talent in the NFL to work with. The team to beat is not even going to make the playoffs. I have not ignored any players, I have told you many times about Wade and Garrett as well, and now I am talking about both Roy's and Pac-Man...

I defended my point about Romo the 1st game of December and defended it all the way up to this game about Romo. I wanted to be wrong, and I wanted Romo to show us all he has matured and ready to get to the next level, I told you I was hoping for that, but along the way I have showed you why I said this about Romo. Just look at what we see with Romo today, with the most of the line he comes up extremely short, and is a part of the problem today. Look at his stats and tell me otherwise.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #163
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Aikman said both Romo fumbles was Romo's fault. I tend to agree.
Yeah, but at that point in the game, Romo is pretty much forced to play loose. You can't play Bill Parcells style offense when you are down 41-3.

And your offensive line has to give your QB a chance when they only have to block 4 guys.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #164
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I would fire both Phillips AND Garrett.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #165
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Romo's first fumble wasn't meaningless. It was 24-3. Dallas had the ball at the 20. They score there and it is a ball game again. Instead, he fumbles and it is out of reach.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #166
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
You know exactly what I am doing. I am showing you EXACTLY why I called Romo a "Mental Midget" and that he cant win big games for the most part, he does not perform well in December and has never won a playoff game. All this while while having the most talent in the NFL to work with. The team to beat is not even going to make the playoffs. I have not ignored any players, I have told you many times about Wade and Garrett as well, and now I am talking about both Roy's and Pac-Man...

I defended my point about Romo the 1st game of December and defended it all the way up to this game about Romo. I wanted to be wrong, and I wanted Romo to show us all he has matured and ready to get to the next level, I told you I was hoping for that, but along the way I have showed you why I said this about Romo. Just look at what we see with Romo today, with the most of the line he comes up extremely short, and is a part of the problem today. Look at his stats and tell me otherwise.
When you are down 44-3 in the most important game of the season, you've got a lot of problems.

Not just 4 players (one of whom hasn't played in about 8 weeks or so).

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #167
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Philly will go to the superbowl.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #168
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Romo's first fumble wasn't meaningless. It was 24-3. Dallas had the ball at the 20. They score there and it is a ball game again. Instead, he fumbles and it is out of reach.
Not to be a smartass, but it was 27-3. That's a four score ballgame. It may be debatable, but I think you do have to start pressing just a tad.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #169
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360° View Post
They scored 3 points last week.

Tap the breaks on that one. I don't think they're going to have an inspired performance like this...maybe ever again. Ever.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:38 PM   #170
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Quote:
At least we will have jump-started the last two champs.
How embarrassing will the 4th be?
Old 12-28-2008, 06:38 PM   #171
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

Tap the breaks on that one. I don't think they're going to have an inspired performance like this...maybe ever again. Ever.
Time to add the Boys to the baghead picture.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:38 PM   #172
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I would be shocked if Wade Phillips wasn't fired.

Honestly, any coach in this position should be based on this week's and last week's game alone.

Meltdowns of epic proportions.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:38 PM   #173
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:

Yeah, this is a bit of a perfect storm for them. There is a good shot they beat Minnesota next week, but I think they get demolished the next week against the Giants.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #174
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Time to add the Boys to the baghead picture.
Flaco probably would but he's not much of a Cowboys fan.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #175
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so incredibly uninterested in Jets/Dolphins that I still have this game on...
Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #176
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Yeah, this is a bit of a perfect storm for them. There is a good shot they beat Minnesota next week, but I think they get demolished the next week against the Giants.
Please. They could easily beat the Giants. Easily.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #177
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Silk's plan is basically get luck as hell that you find a good quarterback.

So in other words, he doesn't have a plan.
So, what is your plan? Yeah, tell me how we need to stick with Romo!!! So, the best you can do is attack me for talking about our heartless QB who has helped bring us to the lowest level since the 1-15 season?!

I am not the decision maker, nor do I want to make the decisions, but it is clear to me as a FAN, that we need another QB. How/Who we get another one is NOT my job as a FAN. Remember fans will be fans. If you dont think part of our problem is Romo, then you are not watching these games. You cant watch these games and say that Romo is not a big part of the problems. Watch, next people will start the T.O. mess like he done all of this. Our problem is that we dont have an on the field leader in our QB.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #178
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't think they need an inspiring performance again. I think this was just enough momentum to give them a dark-horse vibe into the playoffs.

No one expected the Pit or the Giants to do it. No one.

anyone just my opinion.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #179
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Down with Wade Phillips!!!!! Bring Bill Cowher to Dallas!
Old 12-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #180
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Either way 27-10 is still a winnable game. That is on;y 2 TDs and a field go. With a quarter and a half to play. Nothing for the Boys.

He continually fumbles. You can blame the reason why does it. It doesn't matter why. The results is what matters. The result is he coughs up the football more than any other "good" quarterback.

Can't win football games like that, especially in the playoffs.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #181
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Flaco probably would but he's not much of a Cowboys fan.
No on believes me when I say this, but I really just don't have a favorite NFL team. It's a long story and I've lived a lot of places.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 12-28-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #182
Windmill360
Diamond Member

The defense put us in an early hole (more like bottomless pit).
Old 12-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #183
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

the first fumble -- romo got hammered on the blind side by brian dawkins as he was getting ready to throw. What I can't see on that play is whether anyone was open, but the one receiver I could see didn't have an inch of separation.

I think when you've got 2nd and 15 because your friggin' left tackle can't count to two and you're down by 24 points, that's probably a time to take a chance to buy a little time and try to hit something.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #184
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
So, what is your plan? Yeah, tell me how we need to stick with Romo!!! So, the best you can do is attack me for talking about our heartless QB who has helped bring us to the lowest level since the 1-15 season?!

I am not the decision maker, nor do I want to make the decisions, but it is clear to me as a FAN, that we need another QB. How/Who we get another one is NOT my job as a FAN. Remember fans will be fans. If you dont think part of our problem is Romo, then you are not watching these games. You cant watch these games and say that Romo is not a big part of the problems. Watch, next people will start the T.O. mess like he done all of this. Our problem is that we dont have an on the field leader in our QB.
I'm not super high on Romo, but he's not the only problem on this team. I can't see another quarterback you can bring in here that will magically improve this team in the next year or two. If Eli Manning can get a ring in this league, there is no reason Romo can't get one.

Getting rid of Romo means you throw in the towel on this team as is currently constructed. Of course after this year, I'm not sure that's a bad thing but still it would likely put us out of the Super Bowl picture for the next two or three years.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #185
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, what is your plan? Yeah, tell me how we need to stick with Romo!!! So, the best you can do is attack me for talking about our heartless QB who has helped bring us to the lowest level since the 1-15 season?!.
dude, this is one of the dumber things i've ever read around here, and that's saying something.

maybe we can get Ryan Leaf to comeback, or at least we can give Vinnie Testaverde another shot....

how about Chad Hutchinson, and Quincy the pothead Carter? Not good enough for ya???? Maybe Drew Bledsoe could have avoided the eagles rush today, ya think? Well, surely Anthony Wright could have....

those are just the quarterback's that I can remember since 1-15...i think i'm probably missing a couple.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #186
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

phillips will be back.

if you think about it, he has really made an impact here.

im not at all surprised jerry has already stated that he will be back next year regardless of the final game this year.

he has a long history as a head coach in the nfl.

im looking forward to see if he can draft as well as he has coached this year.
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:50 PM   #187
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Either way 27-10 is still a winnable game. That is on;y 2 TDs and a field go. With a quarter and a half to play. Nothing for the Boys.

He continually fumbles. You can blame the reason why does it. It doesn't matter why. The results is what matters. The result is he coughs up the football more than any other "good" quarterback.

Can't win football games like that, especially in the playoffs.
If Romo plays conservative on that drive like you wanted him to, I seriously doubt we get a touchdown on that drive. If he doesn't fumble, he gets sacked and forces us into a 3rd and really long.

So try 27-6. With how much our defense sucked, I'm still not sure how winnable that is. We needed some touchdowns.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #188
Bayliss

Quote:
the first fumble -- romo got hammered on the blind side by brian dawkins as he was getting ready to throw. What I can't see on that play is whether anyone was open, but the one receiver I could see didn't have an inch of separation.

I think when you've got 2nd and 15 because your friggin' left tackle can't count to two and you're down by 24 points, that's probably a time to take a chance to buy a little time and try to hit something.
And that is when he gets into trouble. That is why he is not a great quarterback. He puts the Cowboys behind the 8 ball with his turnovers. The reason why he never tucks it in matter none. Keep possession of the ball and the Boys have a chance. He didn't do that. So therefore the Boys had no chance.

He did it in Seattle. He did it against the Giants. He did it against Pittsburgh. He does it way too often. Great quarterbacks don't do it.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #189
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if I'm right...but if I am, then the QB situation will change somewhat possibly.
Brooks is a FA.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:56 PM   #190
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Give the eagles credit. Look at it from their position:

NFL gods give you the tampa game AND the Bears game. No one thought you would be able to make it into the playoffs and it's a game against your most hated and biggest rival. Not an opportunity that you just throw away. Your team was in turmoil just a few weeks ago.

Still doesn't mean the cowboys should have put up a measly 6 points in a playoff game.

Last edited by Windmill360; 12-28-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #191
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Give the eagles credit. Look at it from their position:

NFL gods give you the tampa game AND the Bears game. No one thought you would be able to make it into the playoffs and it's a game against your most hated and biggest rival. Not an opportunity that you just throw away.

Still doesn't mean the cowboys should have put up a measly 6 points in a playoff game.
Yeah, I think Joe Buck touched on it a bit:
What a crazy day if you're an Eagles player, your mindset might be all over the place if you're paying attention to the games today.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:58 PM   #192
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
And that is when he gets into trouble. That is why he is not a great quarterback. He puts the Cowboys behind the 8 ball with his turnovers. The reason why he never tucks it in matter none. Keep possession of the ball and the Boys have a chance. He didn't do that. So therefore the Boys had no chance.

He did it in Seattle. He did it against the Giants. He did it against Pittsburgh. He does it way too often. Great quarterbacks don't do it.
A chance at what? 3rd and 18? A field goal to make it a three touchdown game?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:00 PM   #193
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
dude, this is one of the dumber things i've ever read around here, and that's saying something.

maybe we can get Ryan Leaf to comeback, or at least we can give Vinnie Testaverde another shot....

how about Chad Hutchinson, and Quincy the pothead Carter? Not good enough for ya???? Maybe Drew Bledsoe could have avoided the eagles rush today, ya think? Well, surely Anthony Wright could have....

those are just the quarterback's that I can remember since 1-15...i think i'm probably missing a couple.
How can you call a statement dumb, when you come right back and mention the last 4 or 5 horrible Cowboys QB as your justification for supporting Romo? To me, that is about as low as you can get to support Romo. If you have to get that low, then that says more about Romo than you think.

That is just plain dumb as it comes. So we should all be happy just because Romo is better than those QB's? Thats crazy, man and you know it...
Old 12-28-2008, 07:00 PM   #194
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Cannot believe this gutsy 11-5 Patriots team will miss the playoffs. I would have loved to see Cassell win the Superbowl vs the Giants instead of Brady.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #195
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Adam Jones is a worthless pile of shat.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #196
Bayliss

Quote:
A chance at what? 3rd and 18? A field goal to make it a three touchdown game?
A chance to win. 21 points in the NFL against a so -so team is not that much to overcome. Especially when you have a potent offense.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:03 PM   #197
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Yeah, I think Joe Buck touched on it a bit:
What a crazy day if you're an Eagles player, your mindset might be all over the place if you're paying attention to the games today.
Yeah, I think it definitely fired up the Eagles (and the fans in the stadium) when they found out Tampa and Chicago lost. Then you add up that they were going against a mentally fragile team that happens to be their most hated rival that they always give trouble.

It all just spelled blowout to me.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #198
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
How can you call a statement dumb, when you come right back and mention the last 4 or 5 horrible Cowboys QB as your justification for supporting Romo? To me, that is about as low as you can get to support Romo. If you have to get that low, then that says more about Romo than you think.

That is just plain dumb as it comes. So we should all be happy just because Romo is better than those QB's? Thats crazy, man and you know it...
No, you are missing his entire point. It's hard to get a good quarterback in this league, as the Cowboys situation post-Aikman will attest to. And now you think we are just going to pluck one up in the offseason. Like I said, you don't have a plan, just a prayer. Good luck with that.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-28-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:08 PM   #199
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
A chance to win. 21 points in the NFL against a so -so team is not that much to overcome. Especially when you have a potent offense.
We haven't had a potent offense in about 10 weeks or so.

And we certainly wouldn't change that by playing ball-control type offense.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #200
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
yeah, i'm sure that they could have overcome that 21 point deficit with romo throwing the ball out of bounds everytime the eagles blitzed.