Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #441
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

the backup safety who guaranteed a steeler victory has been burned for two touchdowns of 50+ yards

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2007, 06:31 PM   #442
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man I hate the Patriots.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:34 PM   #443
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The Steelers are quite good. But no one can beat the stupid patriots at home.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #444
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Patriots just the had a huge defensive stand, Pitt had a 1st and goal and couldn't punch it in after going for it on fourth down. game is over.

Contact Me
Old 12-09-2007, 06:47 PM   #445
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

You know...it really pisses me off watching them play. Somehow they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this.

35 passes
6 runs

The football gods will exact their revenge on the patriots at some point, I think. It's just not right.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #446
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

colts @ ravens. 37- 7 at the half. COLTS BIG.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:55 PM   #447
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
That's what a good team does in the first half. They look really good....granted the ravens look like they're still tired from acting like children on monday night.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #448
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Anyone can look good against the Ravens. They're defense stays on the field for 90% of the game. Until they get a quarterback and a reciever they are going to continue to be left out of contender talk. A team like the Colts will have a field day with them. Any team that can keep the Ravens on the field for the majority of the game will beat them.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #449
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Anyone can look good against the Ravens. They're defense stays on the field for 90% of the game. Until they get a quarterback and a reciever they are going to continue to be left out of contender talk. A team like the Colts will have a field day with them. Any team that can keep the Ravens on the field for the majority of the game will beat them.
I jsut don't understand how they got that close to the pats last week. The colts are just beating the hell out of them...outside....in the freezing cold...and the rain.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #450
alby
Guru

Raven players shouldn't even bother suiting up, professional sports is all about your confidence and your mental state, and these losers gave up a long time ago.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-09-2007 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:25 AM   #451
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Raven players shouldn't even bother suiting up, professional sports is all about your confidence and your mental state, and these losers gave up a long time ago.
cc that to the miami dolphins, as well. although i can't really blame them...their management seems to have thrown in the towel.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:35 AM   #452
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
cc that to the miami dolphins, as well. although i can't really blame them...their management seems to have thrown in the towel.
2 weeks. Dolphins @ NE!!!

Biggest NFL upset ever! Make it happen Dolphins. What delicious irony it would be for the dolphins to end the undefeated bid.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:40 AM   #453
alby
Guru

3-10 Jets
0-13 Dolphins
9-4 Giants

are left on the schedule... I really hope when we see them, they are 18-0. Dallas may win, Dallas my lose. But, I want to beat the best.

Contact Me
Old 12-10-2007, 12:44 AM   #454
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I can't believe the Giants are 9-4 and will make the playoffs. It seems like a waste. Then again I can't find another NFC team to suggest that would be more deserving.

Is everyone looking forward to some combination of Seattle, NYG, Tampa, and Minnesota on wild card weekend in the NFC?

Yeah, me neither.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:56 AM   #455
alby
Guru

Aren't the Giants something like 6-1 on the road? If you play like that, you'll make the playoffs everytime.

Contact Me
Old 12-10-2007, 01:23 AM   #456
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
Manning had 4 TDs and Addai had 3. They came up big for my fantasy team.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:31 AM   #457
alby
Guru

I went up against them and MBIII today lol...

Contact Me
Old 12-14-2007, 01:04 AM   #458
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Mario Williams has had a good year.

That's all I'm saying.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 12-14-2007 at 01:09 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:59 AM   #459
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I'll second that Mary. The Texans had at least 4 games they should've one (Falcons, both Titans games, Browns). If we could just get a running back, a real one, and maybe one more solid LB, we'll be right in the thick of things in the AFC.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman

Last edited by Nash13; 12-14-2007 at 02:01 AM.
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:59 AM   #460
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Mario Williams has had a good year.

That's all I'm saying.

I'd take his 53 tackles, 13 sacks & 2 forced fumbles over Reggie Bush's 581 yards, 4 touchdowns & 3.7 average, but I agree with Nash13 that the Texans still need a solid running back...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-14-2007 at 03:06 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #461
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Like i think Ahmad Green is going to be decent/good when he comes back next season, but we need one more solid back. Not even a pro-bowl player, but somebody decent. They never should've released dominic davis.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #462
alby
Guru

Why is it still bryant gumble tonight?

Contact Me
Old 12-15-2007, 08:39 PM   #463
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Why is it still bryant gumble tonight?
They might have to honor some sort of contract with him.

Too bad. He should be shot.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:09 PM   #464
alby
Guru

Why isn't it Collinsworth then?

It's primetime

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-15-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:03 PM   #465
alby
Guru

Tom Brady

14-27
140 yards
0 touchdowns
1 interceptions

NE wins

Do you think if Brady finishes the next 2 games like today, and Romo continues on his roll.. the MVP goes to Tony?

Contact Me
Old 12-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #466
alby
Guru

GB is up 33-14 against the Rams with less than 2 minutes left. Why are they in shotgun?

Contact Me
Old 12-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #467
alby
Guru

The winless Dolphins are in overtime against the Ravens

If they don't win this one, they are going 0-16 for sure

Contact Me
Old 12-16-2007, 04:18 PM   #468
alby
Guru

WOW matt stover just missed the game winning field goal for the ravens lol.

Contact Me
Old 12-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #469
alby
Guru

talk about jinx

romo has 3 ints today.

Contact Me
Old 12-16-2007, 08:15 PM   #470
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot believe i played the bills qb and rb today. Good god man, don't you check a weather report!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:54 PM   #471
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Shockey broken leg... hate to see people injured, but it does make me a bit more comfortable with the possibility of facing the Giants again.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:44 PM   #472
alby
Guru

I know the Bears suck, but I really like the heart of this Vikings team.

Contact Me
Old 12-18-2007, 12:10 AM   #473
alby
Guru

Emmitt Smith just gave Adrian Peterson all his knowledge on MNF Postgame tonight. Great moment on TV.

Contact Me
Old 12-18-2007, 04:56 AM   #474
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

haha... soo Tom Brady was a lock to destroy the single season record but now the pressure is on to get 5 in the next two games. I know if anyone can do it, it's him... but it's funny that he's cutting it this close considering he was on pace to get like 60.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #475
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

wasn't manning on a crazy pace the year he set the record, then slowed down significantly? it's especially tough on Brady, because he doesn't play his home games in a dome.

Alby, I saw that clip with Emmitt. Ok moment for Peterson, but good lord, Emmitt is such a beating on TV. Aside from constantly saying the wrong thing (he quoted Jimmy V's speech aarlier in the year as "Don't quit, don't even quit"), that moment last night was totally arrogant on his part. yes, he was an amazing RB and played a long time. even if it was a great opportunity for peterson, emmitt treated the opening like peterson should be thanking his lucky stars to be in the same dome as Emmitt.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #476
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
haha... soo Tom Brady was a lock to destroy the single season record but now the pressure is on to get 5 in the next two games. I know if anyone can do it, it's him... but it's funny that he's cutting it this close considering he was on pace to get like 60.
The weather this week, and the Baltimore game with the 50 mph winds kind of screwed that up for him. If they played in a dome he might have it already.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:13 PM   #477
alby
Guru

As a young running back, there only a few living players you can look up to as an athlete. No, emmitt wasn't an amazingly athletic or electrifying RB, but he is the leading yard gainer in the history of the National Football League you are playing in. If I was AP last night, even if I believed I was going to be better, would be peeing in my pants if Emmitt talked to me like that, especially since Steve Young is sitting there in awe as well.

Contact Me
Old 12-19-2007, 09:29 AM   #478
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i never said Emmitt wasn't great. he obviously was. And AP was extremely gracious for the opportunity to talk to him. And being able to see those two talking was a good moment.

I'm talking about Emmitt's ego. He came off as extremely arrogant. leading up to that "moment", he was basically implying that AP was a lucky SOB for being in Emmitt's presence.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 12-19-2007 at 01:23 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:46 PM   #479
alby
Guru

I agree. But, if there were a football player who deserves to be arrogant, one of those guys would be Emmitt. We love him here in Dallas, but he is even more revered outside of Dallas.

Have you ever seen MJ speak? In fact, did you watch his interview this week on the Bobcats? Talk about superiority complex.

With that being said, MJ is my favorite athlete that ever lived lol.

Contact Me
Old 12-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #480
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i never said Emmitt wasn't great. he obviously was. And AP was extremely gracious for the opportunity to talk to him. And being able to see those two talking was a good moment.

I'm talking about Emmitt's ego. He came off as extremely arrogant. leading up to that "moment", he was basically implying that AP was a lucky SOB for being in Emmitt's presence.
You would be a lucky SOB too if you were in the presence of a World Champion Dancer. ;P

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote