Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #13
|_Jeff_|

|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Initial reaction? Possibly, but that doesn't change the fact he could be right in the big picture. It's not a situation right now where he has to be right or wrong. The rules are going to see another set of changes next summer. Something along the lines of Nash going to the Lakers won't be able to happen since the Lakers are a specific taxpaying team. Seems like the Lakers are willing to bite the bullet on the tax hit, but they can only really max out on the system, likely due to age, for 1-2 years. They'll have to strike while they can.

If this year's team is successful and shows the makings of a team that can build into something with major substance, Cuban can go back to his ways since they sacrificed to get to now.

While there might not have been teams that scaled back on the signings, there were still teams that threw out dumb money. That's going to come back and bite them eventually. It's just one of those things that take time to develop, which no one wants to hear.
The Mavs didn't have time on their side. Even back in 2010-11 we knew Dirk's window was closing. I'd be fine with a solid FO plan that takes time to develop if Dirk was 26.
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
|_Jeff_| is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dad joke of the week, dm.com cuban cock suckers, echo chamber members only, look at me i'm murphy3!, my ass bleeds for tyson, trailertrash