Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-23-2006, 09:09 PM   #1
motox88

motox88 is on a distinguished road
Default Mavs fan question

Ok. So I have been to a few games and each time I went I always saw this old man. Always has court side seats. I have seen him on TV before, several times too. He has this poofy, frizzy hair and ALWAYS has on some crazy/wild bright clothes on. Seriously I have no idea where you can even get stuff like this....

Anyway, does anyone know who this person is?
motox88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
wescx

wescx will become famous soon enoughwescx will become famous soon enough

I've wondered too. I love that guy!

Last edited by wescx; 04-24-2006 at 12:30 PM.
wescx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:02 PM   #3
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

We sat 2 rows behind him at the last game of the season when he was sporting the cowboy-batman look. I thought he was Don Carter, but my hubby says he's not sure about that because he thought Don sat a couple seats farther down.

Whoever he is, he's proof that you can be a crazy, nutty fan without ruining the experience for others around you. It seemed like all the "regulars" in that section liked him a lot. He's very friendly.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I swear I remember someone doing a story about him but I can't find it. I am certain it is not Don Carter though. This guy sticks out but he is always smiling.

Hey smiles...you got some face time on the broadcast the other night.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:19 PM   #5
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Did I REALLY? What was I doing? *blush*
Old 04-25-2006, 03:20 PM   #6
Smiles
Diamond Member

-delete-

Last edited by Smiles; 04-25-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:29 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
Did I REALLY? What was I doing? *blush*
You were standing there for just a second or two. They did a crowd shot and there you were.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:38 PM   #8
Smiles
Diamond Member

That's pretty neat! Thanks for telling me!
Old 04-25-2006, 05:38 PM   #9
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Definitely not Don Carter. Don Carter is a sweet looking old guy and most times he wears a cowboy hat. Don't know who that guy is, but he frightens me and small children. He does seem to enjoy himself tho and must have butt loads of money considering the price of those seats!

That's cool that you were on tv Smiles. I didn't see you. I was on tv once about 6 years ago when I went to NYC and stood out in the frigid cold in the wee hours of a brisk November morning so that I could wave to America when Al Roker came out during the Today Show. I'm such a weirdo! It was my 1.5 seconds of fame.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:37 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
It was my 1.5 seconds of fame.
According to Warhol, you still are owed 14 minutes and 58.5 seconds of fame then.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:59 PM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

That dude is off the scale... he's always wearing some loud leather outfit or something, plus poofy ponytail.

Even better is the bald guy next to him - that homedude gets MAD at refs, oh my goodness. Sometimes I think I'm going to watch him have a heart attack right there.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:18 AM   #12
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
You were standing there for just a second or two. They did a crowd shot and there you were.
Smiles actually made into two separate crowd shots. One standing, and one sitting (I mentioned the first appearance on the GD thread)...
Old 04-26-2006, 08:38 AM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Seems like our favorite smiling poster is more than just a little famous now.

I hope she remembers us little guys.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:48 AM   #14
Smiles
Diamond Member

Aw, you guys made me who I am (pardon the sentimental gushing). I'll always remember how y'all brought me through those years, and taught me how to be something of a "cool, fun" chica. You guys are awesome in so many ways.

Without y'all, I probably wouldn't have had that 5 seconds of fame either. Thank you.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:33 AM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure of his name...but hes a retired rich dude who goes into my buddy's Starbucks all the time....my friend says he is totally friendly and odd...he brings his dog into Starbucks...and a hardcore fan....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #16
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I'm not sure of his name...but hes a retired rich dude who goes into my buddy's Starbucks all the time....my friend says he is totally friendly and odd...he brings his dog into Starbucks...and a hardcore fan....
Your buddy owns an SB? He's not too shabby in the bank acount department either then.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:38 PM   #17
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Would it be toooooooo much off topic for me to say (since the alien brought it up) that you haven't had a cup of Coffee unless you've had a cup of u2bucks?
Old 04-26-2006, 04:58 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Um.....EW!
Old 04-26-2006, 10:37 PM   #19
wescx

wescx will become famous soon enoughwescx will become famous soon enough

He made the AP photos!
Old 04-26-2006, 11:45 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

He was just on the FoxSports Southwest sports report. He was actually well spoken and rambled on about how we were going to kill the Grizz and then beat the spurts. He was dressed EXACTLY as in the photo above.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:43 PM   #21
Smiles
Diamond Member

Thumbs down FSN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
He was just on the FoxSports Southwest sports report. He was actually well spoken and rambled on about how we were going to kill the Grizz and then beat the spurts. He was dressed EXACTLY as in the photo above.
No Way! I'm so bummed I missed his interview! We should have it on Tivo, I hope. Was he in the studio??? If he was, and no one told me....

Wow, nice hair!

Edit: I didn't mean to have the thumbs down by my title "FSN". I meant the thumbs down that I missed the SW Sports reprot..

Last edited by Smiles; 04-27-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:45 PM   #22
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I just heard he is Don Carters friend, rich friend, and his name is Don as well. Can't remember his last name though
Old 04-27-2006, 02:46 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
No Way! I'm so bummed I missed his interview! We should have it on Tivo, I hope. Was he in the studio??? If he was, and no one told me....

Wow, nice hair!
He was in the AAC. They had obviously recorded him just prior to game time.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:50 PM   #24
Smiles
Diamond Member

Thanks, Doc. That info will help when I have them pull the tapes.

(NOTE: Don't place bets on me getting that tape, but a girl can ask, right?)
Old 04-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #25
motox88

Quote:
Originally Posted by wescx

He made the AP photos!

Yup that's him!

I wonder what he does or did to get rich?
Old 04-30-2006, 06:19 PM   #26
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by motox88
Yup that's him!

I wonder what he does or did to get rich?
my first guess would be hair stylist.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:24 PM   #27
motox88

Found info......

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/archives/014552.html

Quote:
One of you thinks the crazy-dressing Mavs fan is Don Carter's brother. Another thinks it's Don Carter's brother-in-law. Both good theories, but an enthusiastic FrontBurnervian drops some knowledge (confirmed by another informed FrontBurnervian):

His name is Don Knobler and he runs an apartment leasing company. You can find his office on the southbound service road of 75, around Henderson. Look for the sign with the two blue arrows…can’t miss it. The only reason I know him is because I am a former funslinger and Don knows everyone.
Don Knobler used to be my landlord. Wow. To think: my rent check most likely paid for at least one jumpsuit and two wigs. I feel like I should apologize, or something.